Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Anyone up for trading some race wins on 360, GT: Thesoldier84 hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
You lose $800-$1000 doing it, but I just want to say the best way to bounty hunt is using a sticky bomb to kamikaze into the target :black101:.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
So I'm trying to round out my fleet of vehicles.

Basically for my mains I want an entry level sports car for going fast while not looking flashy (shyster fusillade), an entry level SUV with roof bars so people can ride by just hopping up on and grabbing onto the side of the car (cavalcade) and another entry level sports but four door so I can basically have an inbetween my SUV and sports car (that would be the good old buffalo)

What I'm wondering is are my choices sound for what I want? When I say entry level I mean a car you can just chop, not one yu have to buy to own.
Also I'm really curious about the roof bars. I know at least six and possibly up to eight people can hitch a ride on an SUV if they just hold onto the side of the car. If the vehicle has bars of both sides of the roof does that denote that kind of functionality?

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Still no loving heists :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If you're looking for a SUV with bars to hook on just grab a Sheriff's SUV. Insurance, repairs, and replacements are free for it though you don't get the ability to upgrade it speedwise or with armor.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

NeoSeeker posted:

What I'm wondering is are my choices sound for what I want?

No, you need to fill your garage with muscle cars. :rock:

Also at least one comedy one

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 25, 2013

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
I've found a reliable way to duplicate a personal vehicle. I'm on the PS3 so I don't know if this works on the 360 or not.

What I did was go into an LSC with a personal vehicle, and try to buy something I couldn't afford, then accept when it asks if you want to go to the store, and then repeatedly hit the Circle button while it loads into the store. Then back out of the store and it should spawn you inside of the LSC in a duplicate of your personal vehicle, which will be parked out on the street. The duplicate car is not tracked and insured, so I'm not sure if you could give it to another player or not (I did this on an invite only session.) You can duplicate high end vehicles, but they will act like regular high end vehicles and you can't store them or buy insurance. The duplicates seem to have all of the same customizations as well.

So, there's that.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have an insured ghost elegy that's taking up a space in my garage. How do I get rid of it?

Pay the premium, get the car back, then sell it at LSC.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

titties posted:

Pay the premium, get the car back, then sell it at LSC.

Free cars can't be sold at LSC.

Vankwish
Dec 3, 2012

Game Dev

lechunnel posted:

Quoting from 10ish pages ago:

I haven't tried the 9F or the Carbonizzare, but my buddy's tricked out Elegy has slightly less acceleration than my fully modded Bullet, but appears to have a top speed greater than my Bullet. Plus the Elegy is 4WD. Plus it's free.

This gives me the impression the Elegy is the best sports car. But maybe the Bullet just sucks.

It appears that adding a Turbo increases acceleration but massively reduces top speed. I haven't tested this personally but it's worth keeping in mind.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Vankwish posted:

It appears that adding a Turbo increases acceleration but massively reduces top speed.

I have seen no evidence of that. My fast cars are really fast even with a turbo.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

substitute posted:

Oh that's my jam! *turns up Steve Winwood*

Oh my god clipping that player with your motorcycle as she gun whipped someone was classic.

I tried to arrest him :(

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ijyt posted:

Free cars can't be sold at LSC.

This right here is the problem.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

On that note - can you dupe the Hotknife and save it as your own if you've only got the standard edition but come across one online?

Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme
If anyone wants to trade race wins I'm always up for it. I'll be online tonight, so just add or message or get my attention somehow if you're interested. PSN: MajVictory

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just dump it in the river like normal people and never claim the insurance.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Maj._Victory posted:

If anyone wants to trade race wins I'm always up for it. I'll be online tonight, so just add or message or get my attention somehow if you're interested. PSN: MajVictory

What time is tonight?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just drive a new car into the garage to replace it. Rockstar’s patch notes claim they extirpated the wrong‐replace bug, and I’ve seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Vankwish
Dec 3, 2012

Game Dev

Psion posted:

I have seen no evidence of that. My fast cars are really fast even with a turbo.

Reaching top speed is nigh on impossible, so in 99% of situations acceleration > top speed.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
You can't mod limos, really Rock Star? I can't drive around in a pink limo?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

substitute posted:

You can't mod quad bikes either (that's an ATV to you Americans). I really wanted to give mine Turbo and exhaust upgrades, the insurance on it was $25 as well.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

substitute posted:

But they ARE the best off road vehicle apparently

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Vankwish posted:

Reaching top speed is nigh on impossible, so in 99% of situations acceleration > top speed.

Really? I hit top speed for long stretches on the highway in freeroam all the time. Gotta get up to Trevor's airfield somehow.

I mean, I agree acceleration is critical, though. You'll note most of the performance mods let you boost acceleration and don't touch top speed (engine upgrades ought to alter both, but whatever)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Psion posted:

Really? I hit top speed for long stretches on the highway in freeroam all the time. Gotta get up to Trevor's airfield somehow.

That’s what the marina/hospital helicopters are for. :ssh:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Trying to play the game for the first time in weeks and it has hardlocked on me three times in 30 minutes. Really killing my motivation to continue playing.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Where do I buy cars online?

I only find the legacysports website for cars on the browser, and that just tells me that everything is sold out.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Holy Calamity! posted:

Trying to play the game for the first time in weeks and it has hardlocked on me three times in 30 minutes. Really killing my motivation to continue playing.

Yeah this game has a real lot of hardlocks

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Holy Calamity! posted:

This happened to me right on startup a couple days ago, and then I haven't seen it occur again in days. It's bizarre - I was crashing within seconds of spawning into my apartment and then crashing again, but once I got through it, everything was fine all night and since.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I only find the legacysports website for cars on the browser, and that just tells me that everything is sold out.

Web pages scroll with the right stick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Platystemon posted:

That’s what the marina/hospital helicopters are for. :ssh:

I own a Buzzard. Driving is more fun!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Do you have a garage? You can't buy cars on the internet without one.

You get cars from LegendaryMotorsport or Southern San Andreas Super Autos.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

What rank are you, and have you gotten calls from more characters from the single player story yet besides the ones you get at the start (i.e. beyond just Simeon, Lamar, and Gerald)? Additionally, have you bought a garage or apartment yet? More sites to buy from and vehicles on the pages themselves unlock after you start getting missions from other characters, and after you get a suitable property and higher rank.

Some of the sites will announce themselves to you by sending you a text, and when that happens you can get to them from the category listings on the internet home page thing instead of having to type them into the url interface.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
I can't find the answer to this anywhere. What level do I need to be to buy the jerry can?

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese

Nerolus posted:

I can't find the answer to this anywhere. What level do I need to be to buy the jerry can?

20 If I remember properly.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nerolus posted:

It should also tell you at what rank it unlocks if you hover over it in Ammunation.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Click on the "Travel" button on the navigation bar, to the right.

ijyt posted:

It should also tell you at what rank it unlocks if you hover over it in Ammunation.
Also, here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/weapons/gtaonline/

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
I tried to garage a cargobob and managed to get it into the garage however it would "seizure" violently if I even went near it. It also took up almost the entire garage. I killed myself twice trying to get into it and then it exploded during the cutscene leaving the garage. that's when I figured it wasn't worth the suffering

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

The Dozer is the best vehicle

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Does anyone know for sure if the cavalcade has roof bar functionality or is it just the model of car the police use?
Also I'm loaded as hell. The only reason why I go with entry level cars is to keep a low profile.
I'd jack a police SUV but I want to be able to upgrade everything.

Another question. On the beach there are trailers with wave runners on them. I know you can use the pickup truck to tow those vehicle trailers as well as random mini trailers dotted around the map. Can you also tow with a cavalcade or the SUV the police use?

Also which pickup would be preferable? The one Trevor uses or the other modern one that looks more like an SUV with a bed instead of the back part?

Just in general what vehicle would be the best utility vehicle? Meaning it can carry more than four people and tow small trailers.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 25, 2013

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

NeoSeeker posted:

Does anyone know for sure if the cavalcade has roof bar functionality or is it just the model of car the police use?

From my field tests, only the Sheriff SUV allow for people to stand on a step, holding onto the roof rack. The Bison also allows for 6 total passengers. 4 in the cab, 2 in the bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackman2019
Mar 4, 2011
From what I've experienced and read online, you're only able to hang off the step of the Declasse Granger which is what the sherif SUV is.

• Locked thread