Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

What exactly do you mean by "settle up"? If I add something after the kickstarter, is it a separate transaction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Lord Frisk posted:

What exactly do you mean by "settle up"? If I add something after the kickstarter, is it a separate transaction?

Yes. Your pledge amount gets charged by Kickstarter/Amazon the moment the kickstarter ends (or thereabouts). So if you add stuff later you'll have to pay the difference separately.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wonderful! This means I can wait until after I get paid to throw in the expansions I was debating. Thanks for the help guys.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, the end of december deadline means I'm in for a buck until it ends and then + whatever after I've bought christmas presents for everyone.

edit: sorry about your stretch goals, I guess

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Jesus suffering gently caress I hate fan-boy nerds.

Some Bones 2 backer posted:

"shut up and take my money!"

I want this bad boy! No sleep until the KS ends!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, they officially sold me on expansion #2. No way on #3, though, that's a big heaping pile of who-cares. And while I am 100% certain I will never actually use him, I'm getting the drat $25 tarasque, because $25 tarasque.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Me too. I've just upped to $327! :negative:

And there will probably be more stuff I want before they're done tomorrow, too.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I've been working on cutting my pledge down to the absolute bone -- I'm pretty much at core set, swoopy dragon, Dracula squad, squid, and paints -- but I suspect it'll sort of tick slowly upwards again between now and december. And, yeah, $25 tarrasque is a hell of a thing to have to turn down because of adult spending responsibilities.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
The mounted knight-types sold me on Expansion #2, but I'm out on #1 and #3. Still, the Mouse-keteers and Rook Knight are pretty damned cool so I'm picking those up as well as the pain sets because I'm a sucker for those things. Thank god I hate painting large monsters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Azhais posted:

They've gone and added a Tarrasque

That

+

=

(or more accurately http://i.imgur.com/shp11qs.jpg )

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Not seeing a problem there...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Not seeing a problem there...

Neither do I, don't know where you got that I had any problem whatsoever with that :v:

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Just canceled my wave 2 pledge, get it while it's still there.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

ritorix posted:

Does anyone have the $30 figure case? Is that worth getting for storing painted Bones or should I just keep them in a baggie or something? Where do people keep 200+ figs anyway?

I got one with Bones I, and was rather disappointed. I posted it in the painting thread a while ago, but here's a blog post on how I made my model storage cases.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Man, all these cool monsters like the Kraken, Giant Scorpion, Dragon Tortoise, Mashaaf, and now the Tarrasque are going to make awesome representations for Last Stand invaders. Now I just need to wait for the official line of miniatures, if Mikan still has plans for those. :krakentoot:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

homullus posted:

I got two last time and regret it -- I could have had $60 more in minis. Far too many don't fit in the existing foam spaces (either too small or too big). I have been keeping mine in a Plano box, and since I'm not worried that much about my terrible paint jobs, will be my solution going forward.

I got one, and kinda regret it. The quality isn't brilliant, and I've not really found a use for it yet.

I've just cancelled a wave 4 if anyone wants it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
All these downers. Just upped my pledge now that my friend has finalised what they wanted. I was much more conservative this time around, but I'm really looking forward to the models!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I -still- wish this KS hadn't started this month, only by virtue of having no money.

... Hell, it would have been nice if it had ended at the -beggining- of next month instead of the end of this one.

As it is, I'm -hoping- my $100 pledge goes through, since I think it will send my card into overdraft... or I have to really hope to get paid on monday :P

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Kerzoro posted:

I -still- wish this KS hadn't started this month, only by virtue of having no money.

... Hell, it would have been nice if it had ended at the -beggining- of next month instead of the end of this one.

As it is, I'm -hoping- my $100 pledge goes through, since I think it will send my card into overdraft... or I have to really hope to get paid on monday :P

As many people have said, just pledge $1, and when they finalise (asking people what the hell they want for their money) you can give them additional funds (if you think your situation has improved). If it hasn't, that's a clearer sign that maybe miniatures aren't in the budget right now!

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 26, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Kerzoro posted:

Like Wazzu says, just pledge a dollar. Then, between now and December 31st, you can increase your pledge through their own special pledge manager to get what you want. $1 gets you in now.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
To out do the last KS they will need to make over $700,000 in the next 8 hours. I don't know if I see that happening.

E: I hope they do, for the most part I like Reaper and I like Bones, I just don't think this KS was as well run as the last one.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 26, 2013

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Indolent Bastard posted:

To out do the last KS they will need to make over $700,000 in the next 8 hours. I don't know if I see that happening.

E: I hope they do, for the most part I like Reaper and I like Bones, I just don't think this KS was as well run as the last one.

For good or bad, i think this kickstarter is better managed, as in the division into shipping waves, added international shipping and fewer really good deals will hopefully mean that the fulfillment part will be done a lot more smoothly, with fewer mistakes. However, I agree that some of the choises, especially in the expansions, are not perfect. So it is obvious to me that they learned something from Bones 1, and I think they will learn something for this one as well.

I think this one will do slighty worse, but still over 300k. Also, there will be a lot of money added afterwards through the pledge manager.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I suspect they'll do worse gross, better net.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

They unveiled that thing they teased at the end of the video.

Pretty smart move to offer it in chunks, too.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Well poo poo, giant dragon diorama. I finally found a reason to pledge the whole 100 bucks I put in at the beginning. I almost want to toss in for 2 of them just for the terrain.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Honestly, I kind of only want the terrain itself. But that's $30, for $5 more I could get the dragon and the PCs. CRAP.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Well jesus gently caress, $35 for all of that :negative: :retrogames:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We're getting down to the wire Reaper, better hurry up and announce the Forscale Family addon to the core set!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fuuuck take my money.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hmm. I want that diorama, but I don't want to pledge $35 plus Canadian shipping only to discover when the KS ends that it didn't unlock and I need to get something else. Decisions, decisions....

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If they somehow don't hit 3M they're still going to sell it anyway at that price.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, didn't Cthulhu not actually make it in Bones 1, but they dropped it down to a goal that was already met so that people could buy it anyways?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well it already shows up on the pledge manager even though the goal hasn't been met, so yeah, pretty likely it's in no matter what.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm assuming that they've already got started on the tooling, and they would have gotten everything out basically regardless of how much they earned, to be honest.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm assuming that they've already got started on the tooling, and they would have gotten everything out basically regardless of how much they earned, to be honest.

Yeah, who am I kidding? *click*

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Since I'll be out all afternoon I upped my pledge pre-emptively for the world breaker dude and that diorama.

The final tally is going to be "not as good value as Bones I, but still awfully loving good." I'll update my numbers tonight when it's all over.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Someone from the Reaper forums put together another roll-over graphic & spreadsheet for this go around.

Reaper also posted some images of different configurations for the terrain in Dragons Don't Share in the comments on the kickstarter:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Really tempted by the terrain, definitely have to get that terrasque!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Some more fun facts from the Kickstarter comments:

Khanjira was one of three goals planned for the last day of the first Kickstarter (the other two being Kaladrax and Cthulhu). It just didn't make it then.

Dracolisk and Basilisk are still works in progress (like the burrowing horror's legs). Expect them to change somewhat before getting cast.

We can probably expect some of the new sculpts in this Kickstarter to be released in metal as well, eventually. However, the bigger the model, the less likely it is to see a metal release.

The flying saucer has landing gear.

The minotaur lord fits on a 3" base, and stands about 80mm tall.

Khanjira's going to weigh about four pounds in Bonesium. He weighs seven pounds as a green. Expect MSRP to run around $75 to $95.

People who missed the Kickstarter can join in after the fact using the pledge manager. However, they will be charged a higher price. The higher price does not apply to those who are already pledged and simply increase later on.

ReaperBryan's grandfather shot and killed Alfalfa of the Little Rascals. This has nothing to do with the Kickstarter, but I thought it was interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JackMann posted:

ReaperBryan's grandfather shot and killed Alfalfa of the Little Rascals.

And then became Alfalfa himself, right? Isn't that how the curse works?

e: interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Switzer#Death

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 26, 2013

• Locked thread