Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Yeah I'm definitely getting that dragon even if it's just for the terrain. The sheer size of it makes it functional as wargaming terrain, and you'd be hard pressed to get that much functional terrain for 35 bucks from anyone making poo poo out of resin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah between that and chopping up Kaladrax you could cover a 6 x 4 table.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
If all you want is the terrain, that's 3 x $10, and for $5 more you get a dragon and several adventurer figures - an amazing deal.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I like the tower, but I am trying to justify it as I don't hink it would look right on a 40K or Infinity table...

That and the Khanjira. I don't think I'd want it myself, but how likely is it that I would be able to re-sell it after the KS? And how big a box would I need to ship it in?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, poo poo. $30 for all that tabletop terrain plus the dragon and stuff is a steal. I'm tempted to buy additional pieces of tower terrain, in fact.

I'm now at $362! What the hell happened!

e. I think there's a shot at hitting the $3m mark today, but not much more than that. And with only 437 new backers today (349 yesterday), 14,644 backers total, there's no way we're getting anywhere near the 17,000 backers from Bones I. That implies Reaper is getting more money each from fewer total backers, sort of a mixed bag in terms of success.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 26, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Khanjira's less than half off, so definitely some good resale potential there.

And yeah, I think three million's about where it's going to end. Maybe like $100K above that, but it's definitely not going to reach the last Kickstarter's total.

Still, definitely a successful campaign. We're getting less in this final surge than I thought, but we got more in the days leading up to it, so it looks like we're going to end about where I was thinking.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So I can just ride my $1 pledge to the end and then tack on everything I want after the fact, right? I am confused.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah, it's inane to say that this wasn't a successful campaign (not that I think anyone here was).

I feel like they overcorrected a bit for some of the pitfalls of Bones 1, and in turn found some new pitfalls. I'm sure the inevitable Bones 3 will see the approach refined a bit more to hopefully eliminate the less appealing things about the expansion set model.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That dragon thing is loving amazing. It's an awesome display piece itself, and it breaks into tons of great terrain? Jesus christ, reaper.

Looks like I am in for $1, and then I'll see if I can scrape up some more cash post close. Nothing else has moved me to hop in, but that thing is incredible.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

AlternateAccount posted:

So I can just ride my $1 pledge to the end and then tack on everything I want after the fact, right? I am confused.

There are two things you can do with your $1 pledge: the first is keep it in the $1 pledge spot but manually change the amount you've pledged to the amount that covers what you want. Go in and change it to $35 if you want the dragon terrain set and nothing else, for instance.

The second is leave your pledge at $1 and add things after the campaign ends; they'll charge you when you confirm everything.

I suspect people doing the latter has seriously reduced the amount this kickstarter will hit, if the number of people in this thread saying they're doing that is any indication.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
My trouble (other than keeping it a secret from the angry missus) is that most of the things I want are scattered around the different expansions. I want bits of all of them, but not any of them enough to get the lot (and hence, won't be getting the things I do want from the core expansions). Not breaking them up like the core set is not a good thing.

As it is, I'm in with Krushgroove to share shipping on about $70 of stuff at present.

I need to get painting.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
I absolutely 100% the diorama set -- the value is absurd -- but ultimately it comes down to the fact that I just don't have space for that much volume of terrain I'm not going to use all the time. Plus my Dwarven Forge kickstarter literally just arrived today.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
One of the mods at Reaper posted some pictures.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

There it is, that's officially the 3 million mark. Well done, Reaper.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Looks like no more stretch goals. Just a final thank you level, and we're done. Woo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Holy poo poo the tarrasque is even bigger than I pictured

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The highland encounter set is ok, but I don't need a snake monster with gigantic tits.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
They censored the nipple on the barbarian lady, but the snakelady's DD-cups are nippled out like whoa. Nipple censorship or not doesn't bother me (though the model does not thrill me) but make up your mind, geez.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Swagger Dagger posted:

The highland encounter set is ok, but I don't need a snake monster with gigantic tits.

You can thank D&D for that, it's a marilith.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oddly, they already have a bones marilith. Not sure why they decided to make a new one.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JackMann posted:

Oddly, they already have a bones marilith. Not sure why they decided to make a new one.

She wanted to upgrade from six to eight stabbing implements. Would you say no to a marilith?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I think everyone will agree that the next stretch goal is the best one yet:

Edit: Oh hey they just added another right after I posted that:

Sefer fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 26, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Indeed it is, Sefer, indeed it is.

The giant spider's not too bad either, though I'm skeptical of reaching it in less than an hour.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I like how they gradually changed from 'knight for scale' to just going with the flow and it's 'Sir Forscale' even on their images now, not just in talk about him.

The best stretch goal really should be to include him, though, poor guy. Left out of all the big parties.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I love that they put a sir forscale on the pie. I don't think that was there before.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I want the Tarrasque and the Dragon's Don't Share kit, but shipping those giant lumps of Bones to Australia is an extra $20 each. :(
A $45 Tarrasque and a $55 dragon tower are a bit less affordable.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Schmetterling posted:

I want the Tarrasque and the Dragon's Don't Share kit, but shipping those giant lumps of Bones to Australia is an extra $20 each. :(

Well, it's still however much of a savings over whatever you'd pay at retail, so the question is whether or not you "want" them so badly that you will have to buy one at some point.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

neongrey posted:

I like how they gradually changed from 'knight for scale' to just going with the flow and it's 'Sir Forscale' even on their images now, not just in talk about him.

The best stretch goal really should be to include him, though, poor guy. Left out of all the big parties.

I'm just glad they included Sir Forscale in the pie picture.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Schmetterling posted:

In all fairness, though, it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than it'll be at retail. I'd expect at least $75 before shipping, so you're probably looking at easily $100 total to get the tarasque in Foreignbekistan or wherever you are once it's available at retail.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

And there's the pie goal. :toot:

Oh haha they just did it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9Qv9bm-MM

neongrey fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 26, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, we just shot past that one. Looked one minute and we were a few hundred under, next minute we were $4k past it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JackMann posted:

Indeed it is, Sefer, indeed it is.

The giant spider's not too bad either, though I'm skeptical of reaching it in less than an hour.

It's not a bad sculpt but I think if I wanted a giant demon spider I'd just spend the extra $25 and get an araknarok.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't think we're going to get +$85k in the next four minutes.

They'll probably just give it to us anyway, though.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Leperflesh posted:

Indeed they have.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Indeed they did- they pretty much had to, since some people no doubt had already added it to their pledges.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Snuck in swapping my $1 pledge to the wave 2 shipping at the last second! Not sure if I am going to add more than what I already put in, mostly just grabbing some of the awesome new big miniatures this go around. I still have WAY too many things to paint from the last Bones Kickstarter.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9Qv9bm-MM

Slow motion pie toss.

MisterG
Oct 15, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's not a bad sculpt but I think if I wanted a giant demon spider I'd just spend the extra $25 and get an araknarok.

I've got two araknaroks and I still want this one. I'm almost positive, but still doubting my memory since it's been a year since I last saw the Reaper spider. I *believe* Reaper's has a MUCH wider span than the araknarok. Also, I think the body of araknarok is larger.

We'll know soon enough I suppose.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I think the pie was slightly off-scale :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Whew, that's a lot of minis. I ended up getting an early bird Core, Mashaaf, hill giants, devils, both paints and DDS for $200.

• Locked thread