Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

West SAAB Story posted:

Presented without commentary. Feel free to make your own.

Are those vinyl graphics from the original Fast and Furious movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Looks like something from the Birds with Arms photoshop series.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Fayez Butts posted:

I have no idea, I've never watched that series. I figured it to be Mercury's arms.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fayez Butts posted:

Yes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love how paul walker's stunt driver is about 50 with a receeding hairline and vin diesel's stunt double is a middle aged white guy.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

West SAAB Story posted:

I can't tell what the original car is. I assume domestic looking at the rear side windows.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Stack of sadness

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What I always liked about that scene was even after he lost, the Ferrari owner drove home with a hot lady while Paul Walker just drives home with Vin Diesel.

Edit: wow I just looked this up: 1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.5
If accurate that's not even as fast as the base Corvette of the same year.

davebo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 28, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

blk posted:

I can't tell what the original car is. I assume domestic looking at the rear side windows.

When I saw it, I just dismissed it as "Probably [was once] a Subaru", but now that I actually look at that rear window, I have absolutely no idea what this hideous car once was. :psyduck:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

West SAAB Story posted:

When I saw it, I just dismissed it as "Probably [was once] a Subaru", but now that I actually look at that rear window, I have absolutely no idea what this hideous car once was. :psyduck:

Looks like a Grand Am to me

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Nope! :v:

(1955)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

davebo posted:

What I always liked about that scene was even after he lost, the Ferrari owner drove home with a hot lady while Paul Walker just drives home with Vin Diesel.

Edit: wow I just looked this up: 1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.5

That quarter time seems a little low but yeah, they really aren't that fast. That's what the maranello and f50 were for.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

West SAAB Story posted:

She got her eyes did but she still needs a nose job.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I can't get over Ireland's face in the movie cover.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I can't get over Ireland's face in the movie cover.

And its on netflix streaming. I guess I know what I am watching tonight after work.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
You know those old guys that wear a Ferrari hat, Ferrari jacket and Ferrari shoes but drive a Pontiac Grand-Prix?

Before you try to defend him, it's automatic.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The way the page loaded up for me, I just saw the picture, not the accompanying text. I was honestly expecting the caption to be "I did an automotive theme for my halloween costume this year".

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

davebo posted:

Thats why you can get one now for 45 grand.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He has a Subaru and has Subaru poo poo on? I don't get it.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Preoptopus posted:

Prices have a lot less to do with performance and more to do with rarity and cachet with older Ferraris. Maintenance is another factor, as the cars get used by people rather than kept in a climate controlled garage, they wear a lot faster and jobs like the absurd timing belt on the 355 become a major area of concern.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

General_Failure posted:

Throw in some drop shadows too.

HEY

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

A few I've collected recently.

Parking lot at work. Apparently, someone makes an aftermarket grille for GMCs that look like Ford's:

Spotted in the parking lot at a swap meet last weekend, I present to you the White Disproportionate pickup:

The single headlight on the cab is what caught my attention over the sea of cars first.

I REALLY should have taken a picture of the Studebaker pickup cab on a C4 Vette frame with all kinds of poo poo tacked on it rat-rod style, but with a sense of humor. Rat-trap as a gas pedal, one of the switches on the dash was a ceramic-base Frankenstein switch, complete with two home-style screw in fuses, corkscrewed wiring everywhere, and the passenger door had a doorbell - that rang the bell and released the power trunk latch on the gas-strut assisted door, just for starters. VW Beetle fenders on it. Oh, and he was squirting anyone that stood in front of it with remote-controlled window washers pointed forwards.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Preoptopus posted:

By that logic I would like a Lamborghini Countach for around 25k please.

Is the guy in the photo not Ken Block? He's just a guy dressing like Ken Block? Is the joke that Ken Block currently drives a Ford instead of the Subaru he used to? Is it that the photo says "Top Tier Imports" and that's a 25k car? Or that the BR-Z is RWD instead of AWD?

for reference:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

davebo posted:

I'd rather drive home with Vin Diesel too. We'd play the best game of D&D and we'd watch Riddick together and watch the stars together. Can some pretty lady do that? :colbert:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Kenny Rogers posted:

Looking for some terrible FWD drifting to counterpoint the F350 drifting, I found 10 minutes worth of "poo poo You Wish You Actually Saw On America's Got Car Chases".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQNuKjTKv8

This was glorious. flickable FWD cars can be fun as well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

davebo posted:

By that logic I would like a Lamborghini Countach for around 25k please.

Is the guy in the photo not Ken Block? He's just a guy dressing like Ken Block? Is the joke that Ken Block currently drives a Ford instead of the Subaru he used to? Is it that the photo says "Top Tier Imports" and that's a 25k car? Or that the BR-Z is RWD instead of AWD?

for reference:

I thought Ken Block drove a Ford now.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Shrapnac posted:

I thought Ken Block drove a Ford now.

Yes that is why I said "Is the joke that Ken Block currently drives a Ford instead of the Subaru he used to?" then posted a photo of the Subaru he used to drive.

Octopus Magic posted:

I'd rather drive home with Vin Diesel too. We'd play the best game of D&D and we'd watch Riddick together and watch the stars together. Can some pretty lady do that? :colbert:

I hope so. That's the dream anyway.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

davebo posted:

Yes that is why I said "Is the joke that Ken Block currently drives a Ford instead of the Subaru he used to?" then posted a photo of the Subaru he used to drive.

Ah, yes, reading comprehension, must work on that.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Slavvy posted:

He has a Subaru and has Subaru poo poo on? I don't get it.

I think it's that he looks like a tool in his Monster/DC Shoes rally "gear" while he's standing in front of his automatic Togue-mobile. Probably not as much of a "[HOONIGAN]" as his get-up would imply.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
I think it's just "lol - look at this guy thinking dressing like Ken Block and his automatic 86 make him awesome when obviously he is inferior!"

The man has awful taste in clothing is all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tobu posted:

I think it's just "lol - look at this guy thinking dressing like Ken Block and his automatic 86 make him awesome when obviously he is inferior!"

The man has awful taste in clothing is all.

Ken Block has pretty lovely taste in clothing and energy drinks.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

CommieGIR posted:

Ken Block has pretty lovely taste in clothing and energy drinks.

no doubt, but lets face it If they paid you what they pay him you'd have a lovely taste in things too! Sadly, that logic doesn't help someone who pays real money to advertise sugar and shoes.

also, Russ Swift throwing around a fairly new Golf. I sucked in a breath a few times which is impressive considering I know in my mind that he isn't going to crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pouc2DczPI

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tobu posted:

no doubt, but lets face it If they paid you what they pay him you'd have a lovely taste in things too! Sadly, that logic doesn't help someone who pays real money to advertise sugar and shoes.

also, Russ Swift throwing around a fairly new Golf. I sucked in a breath a few times which is impressive considering I know in my mind that he isn't going to crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pouc2DczPI

I know, I was partially being sarcastic. If Monster paid me as much as they paid him and gave me a Ford, I'd drive it to the ends of the Earth and drink lovely energy drinks till I collapsed.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

angryhampster posted:

This was glorious. flickable FWD cars can be fun as well.
The way he says "Puma" is creepy though. You're creepy, Tiff.

exempt
Dec 10, 2006
Ken Block owns DC Shoes, so it's not like they're forcing him to wear it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I REALLY should have taken a picture of the Studebaker pickup cab on a C4 Vette frame with all kinds of poo poo tacked on it rat-rod style, but with a sense of humor. Rat-trap as a gas pedal, one of the switches on the dash was a ceramic-base Frankenstein switch, complete with two home-style screw in fuses, corkscrewed wiring everywhere, and the passenger door had a doorbell - that rang the bell and released the power trunk latch on the gas-strut assisted door, just for starters. VW Beetle fenders on it. Oh, and he was squirting anyone that stood in front of it with remote-controlled window washers pointed forwards.

This sounds like the best car in town.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

"I removed the front splitter for more horsepower broyo. All I had to do is drift my stanced out ride over a speed bump. It's got a lot more pickup now. In fact, I'm still picking up bits of carboncopy fiberglass from the Walmart parking lot"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

exempt posted:

:stare:

Time for me to find a new brand of shoes...

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

davebo posted:

for reference:

Let me just put this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOaF7esBFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

exempt posted:

Block hasn't owned DC Shoes since 2004 - Quiksilver owns DC now.