Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the big spider is cool but not cool enough for me to spend $15 on it. Probably.

The highland monster encounter thingy I'm on the fence about. It's mostly concept art. I don't need a titty-snakelady but the filth beast could be cool and I kind of dig the hyena guy. I'm already way too invested though and I think pushing $400 is just a ridiculous expenditure for some toys, so, probably not.

$362 is plenty of goddamn money. Ugh. I think I need to go lie down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
I spent way too much (I'll leave the number unrevealed for now). :smith:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

VoodooXT posted:

I spent way too much (I'll leave the number unrevealed for now). :smith:

Don't worry, it was almost certainly less than Captain Invictus spent.

Did you ever up it from a grand, Captain?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have successfully allotted 140 dollars and will only spend it on poo poo I actually want to paint!

Mission successful, I'm really pleased with the tarrasque and diorama dragon at the end. This'll be great practice for Warma collossals.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aw dammit, I put enough in for the dragons don't share, but then left the house and missed out on the Thank You Pack. Looks like some dope poo poo in there.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Fix posted:

Aw dammit, I put enough in for the dragons don't share, but then left the house and missed out on the Thank You Pack. Looks like some dope poo poo in there.

You'll be able to add it in later, they'll just charge you the difference.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sefer posted:

I dropped it to 400 since I blew through most of my savings during nearly two months of unpaid medical leave from work, and have until december 31st to make a list, check it twice, and rebuild my funds to get whatever with. Shouldn't be difficult, but that unpaid medical leave really sucked a lot of the financial wind out of my sails. Good ol' America. If you want some cheap Bones 1's, go for it goons~

Definitely buying a big pile of Terrasques though. Probably keep one or two, even, since god drat I love everything about that mini

Fix posted:

Oh my loving god I completely forgot about that Gundam kit you wanted to buy a while back until I saw your avatar just now. A lot of stuff was happening at that time and I just completely forgot, sorry Fix! If you're still interested, I've still got it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Heh, no sweat. We'll talk about it some other time. My credit card just took a solid hook to the jaw from Reaper, so its probably not a good time to look at more models. :v:

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

I'm only just getting into miniature painting now and this kickstarter is mostly responsible for giving me a kick in the arse to finally give it a try. The rest came from goon enthusiasm and friends who play Warmahordes and have been trying to rope me in for ages.

I picked up some supplies to test the waters on plastic minis that came with board games to see if I liked it before diving in and spending more serious money. It didn't take long for me to be bitten by the bug so hard that I've committed an old computer desk to a painting station and picked up some more things to get me going. A local art store is having a sale, so I'm off to pick up a few oil paints to use for oil washes in the future. This is more advanced than where I'm at, but it's not like the paint will deteriorate while I (hopefully) improve to a level where they're useful to me.

Anyway, enough personal blog-type stuff. I'm in for the core, expansion 1, a few group addons and a few of the bigger ones like Narthrax, Kraken, Mashaaf and I couldn't be without the Tarrasque. Total was just over $380 including shipping. I've got a feeling I'll be adding Dragon's Don't Share before too long and the Thank You Pack looks like it'll be good value.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Sefer posted:

Captain Invictus posted:

I dropped it to 400

It's official: I spent more than Captain Invictus. :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Initially. :v:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'm currently 2.5 Captain Invictii.

I... I may have a problem.

(Not really, I'm selling some stuff when it arrives, but I'm amused)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Crossposting from the Oathing thread. Bones continue to be easy and fun to convert.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Iris of Ether posted:

Crossposting from the Oathing thread. Bones continue to be easy and fun to convert.

These are all incredible. Nice.

Anyway, now Bones II is done, let's get back to posting painted stuff! Here are some WIPs:

That skeleton pyre is pretty amazing once you get some detail on it, but it's hard to make the paint actually opaque...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Don't make it opaque! Because I, too, have a WIP...

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
So what's everyone's shopping list looking like?

1 x Core
1 x Narthrax
1 x Kraken
1 x Hill Giants
1 x MSP set 2
1 x Mashaaf
1 x Khanjira
1 x Dragons Don't Share

I'm hoping I can scrape enough spare to grab at least an extra Khanjira and DDS set. Love how well it goes for terrain in different setups at a great price. Was kinda tempted by the gelatinous cube and demon lords. Almost want to grab the heroes n' villains set for the plinths, but not a fan of the models themselves. The only expansion that caught my eye was #2, but money's better spent on those last big items.

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009
I'm going for a Core set, Narthrax, Lords of Darkness, Hill Giants and Dragons Don't Share - $167 dollars, then another 60-odd dollars to get the whole lot shipped to the UK.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Dragons:
Narthrax
Cinder
Blightfang
2x Dragons Don't Share

Not dragons:
Khanjira
Hill giants
Heroes & Villains

Not bad for 165 bucks. 4 unique dragons, 3 MASSIVE pieces of plastic, 6 pieces of terrain, 2 hill giants, 6 cool lookin dudes on sculpted bases. I may tweak it a bit, I dunno. We'll see what happens with my paychecks.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I, umm, well, you see what happened was, :stare:

Core Set

Lords of Darkness
Unleash the Kraken
Oh, Rats!
Gelatinous Cube
Greater Demons
Water Elementals (2x)
Hill Giants
Demon Lords
Devils
Master Series Paint Set 1
Master Series Paint Set 2
Numanera Monsters
Mashaaf, Great Old One
Khanjira, the World Breaker
Thank You Set

Dragons Don't Share

Expansion Set 1

Expansion Set 2

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Core, Lords of Darkness, Mouslings, Thank You set, and Dragons Don't Share, for a modest $175.

Not sure about the Thank You set, still might swap that for something else.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

2x Dragon Hatchlings,
2x Chronoscaope Pulp Heroes,
1 Mr Bones,
2 Basilisk,
2 Mouselings,
1 Dragons Don't Share.

Yes, that's $100. On a wave 1 core pledge. I would actually rather have duplicates of a bunch fewer minis than most of the stuff in the core pledge. Probably because I spent 300bux on the first KS.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Core
Expansions 1 and 2
Mouslings
Numinera Monsters
2x Burrowing Horrors
Sylvan Creatures
Demon Lords
Lords of Darkness
Kraken
2x Narthrax
5x Mashaaf
3x Worldbreaker
2x Dragons Don't Share

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Fix posted:

5x Mashaaf

:can:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Bad Munki posted:

Don't make it opaque! Because I, too, have a WIP...

:allears:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

1x Core
1x Narthrax
1x Hill Giants
1x Dragon's Don't share II

Still waffling about :
2-3x Numenera packages (have to familiarize myself with the setting first)
Expansion 1 (Or just wait for some* of them to hit FLGS.)
2+x Dragon's Don't Shares II (for terrain)

(*Hill Giant & kobold/goblin leaders)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pre:
core set			$100
Lords of Darkness		  10
Mouslings			  10
Unleash the Kraken!		  15
Oh, Rats!			  10
Heroes and Villains		  10
Gelatinous Cube			  10
Hill Giants			  10
Numenara Monsters		  15
Mashaaf, Great Old One		  12
Khanjira, the World Breaker	  25
Dragons Don't Share		  35
Expansion Set 1			  50
Expansion Set 2			  50
------------------------------------
Total				$362
I'm still tempted by the Thank You Set ($20) and maybe Greater Demons ($12) but that'd put me at just under $400 and that's just nuts, right?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
1x Core
1x Core Expansion 1
1x Core Expansion 2
1x MSP HD set 1
1x MSP HD set 2

1x Narthrax
1x Lords of Darkness
1x Mouslings
1x Unleash the Kraken!
1x Oh, Rats!
1x Heroes and Villains
1x Hill Giants
1x Demon Lords
1x Devils
1x Numenera
1x Mashaaf, Great Old One
1x Khanjira, the World Breaker
1x Dragons Don't Share II

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

1x Core
1x Dragons don't share

I really liked a lot of the other add ons, but I don't even play RPGs. I just want a bunch of stuff to paint, so reason won out.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I run AD&D 2e, so I mostly went for what will get seen on the board, limiting myself to $200.

$100 for core, an obvious choice.
$50 for Expansion 1. I can see myself using ~23 models from there, some of them big.
$7 for Core Dungeon Monsters 1. I like the ankheg and the carrion crawler, and could use multiples of them at the same time. Other stuff is nice as well.
$20 Thank You Pack. I like the styles of the figures, and can see 4 of them hitting the table. A bit more expensive than I think it should be, but whatever.
$9 Core Gnolls and Bugbears. 6 models, bringing me up to 10 of each when combined with the core. 10 bugbears should just about do it for a small group of them.
$12 Mashaaf, as an end boss to some underground caverns. Gotta get something big and cool, and this might actually get used.

Leaves me with $2 for another Sophie, or two more Mr. Bones or a basilisk.

Edit: Really waffling on that Thank You Pack. It's expensive for what it is when compared to other prices. I really only want the warrior, the gnoll and the not-otyugh. Trying to think what else I could get for $22 that would see more use.

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 29, 2013

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Core
Narthrax Dragon
Lords of Darkness
The Kraken
Paint Set 1
Paint Set 2
Khanjiru (x1; I know people who buy multiples are doing it for resale mostly but I can't help but think "Oh, God, their poor players...")
Thank You Set
Dragon's Don't Share

If I had a bit more money I'd pick up the first two expansions and maybe the demon lords, but I am terrible for overcomitting to new hobbies....

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Have cash put down for:
1 x Kraken
1 x Hill Giants
1 x MSP set 1
1 x Mouslings

Still debating:
1 x Khanjira
1 x Dragons Don't Share

These are both great deals, but it is stuff I don't need and can't see much of a use for.

OK Bones-goons sway me, make me spend $60 more on gigantic miniatures I can't see ever using.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

1x Core
1x Mouselings
1x Master Series Paint Set
1x Master Series Paint Set 2

Total: $146

Maaaaybe 1x Khanjira :3:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think that I am probably just in for Dragons Don't Share. There are other things in there that are cool, but I'd rather pick them up in ones or twos retail than order bigger chunks. Like, I think the Highland Encounter might be neat, but I have no interest in the rest of the Thank You pack.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I wonder if the molds for the transparent minis are in any way different from the molds for the non-transparent minis. I mean, yeah, it's supposed to be basically the same stuff, but there could be process differences that might necessitate different molds.

Because if not, I have to admit: I would pay a huge premium for the option to order one-offs of certain minis in various transparent colors.

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG
Core, both the Paint sets (I'm new to painting, and it looks like these are a pretty good deal), Khanjira, and Mashaaf. Thinking about adding on a Dragons don't share before the holidays.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Gelatinous Cube, a Kraken and The Monster Worm

I do love having boss monsters for my players. And the cube is one of my favourite silly monsters.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'm definitely in for:

core
lords of darkness
water elementals
hill giants
mashaaf
khanjira

total $167

on the fence about:

expansion 1
expansion 2
nathrax
dragons don't share
mouslings
oh rats
gelatinous cube & friends
greater demons
demon lords
thank you pack

up to +$224

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Reaper really needs a subdivision that just makes Bones terrain. Nobody is putting out big stuff like the Dragons Don't Share ruins for less than $40, and that's a niche they can completely own.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

I keep trying to convince my dad to start a small business selling RPG terrain, because he'd make a killing. He designs exhibits for zoos and made a bunch of terrain for me when I was a kid playing Warhammer, and one Christsmas he gave me a big crate full of miscellaneous pieces (dungeon walls, caverns, campfires, etc.) that he had spent all year making :3:.

...that I then lost during a move :negative:

Anyway, he can crank them out on the cheap because he uses leftover exhibit foam and then seals it, and it feels/paints just like resin, but is considerably lighter and much more inexpensive. He's made everything from bits of ruined buildings for WH40k to big-rear end mountains made of separate pieces that can be pulled off or rearranged to make different "boss arenas".

But he has, like, an actual career and doesn't feel like making custom terrain pieces for manchildren in his spare time, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

moths posted:

Reaper really needs a subdivision that just makes Bones terrain. Nobody is putting out big stuff like the Dragons Don't Share ruins for less than $40, and that's a niche they can completely own.

Well we already are going to have shipping crates, jersey barriers, etc.. Secret Weapon charges an arm and a leg for their resin, but they have decent stuff. What detail do you really need in a loving jersey barrier though?

With the durability they can have in bones, and the little detail it really requires, I would like to see Reaper make some sets of interlocking walls and poo poo for making buildings. Terrain legos that I don't have to cast myself? Hell yes give me that.

Doomsayer posted:

Anyway, he can crank them out on the cheap because he uses leftover exhibit foam and then seals it, and it feels/paints just like resin, but is considerably lighter and much more inexpensive. He's made everything from bits of ruined buildings for WH40k to big-rear end mountains made of separate pieces that can be pulled off or rearranged to make different "boss arenas".

I am going to need you to pump this guy for information on his methods and then post it in the terrain thread, thanks

• Locked thread