Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eddain posted:

Does anyone bother leveling up two of the same card? Like, your first card is completely maxed and you're just working on the second copy for your backup PVP team or something?
I hosed up my Iron Man (5/4/4) and was thinking of levelling another if I ever get space in my rapidly OCD comicbook collection. I had a spare blue cover to start, but I sold it to add Moonstone to the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What's the best setup for Classic Storm? Max the passive Raging Tempest?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, and the blue team stunner is also a pretty good move.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, and the blue team stunner is also a pretty good move.

The blue skill stuns the entire team? I thought it was just a team nuke and a single target stun?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My bad, yeah it hits the whole team then stuns the target.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Yeah, my plan for Classic Storm is to go 3 green, 5 blue, 5 yellow. Sadly I keep getting green covers rather than the others. Wind Storm and Elemental Barrier Raging Tempest are both pretty devastating - unless you're facing another Classic Storm, in which case poo poo gets complicated...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anyone else cringe when you get a spectacular cascade against an unconscious enemy? :ohdear:

"THOR! THOR STOP HITTING HIM! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Anyone else cringe when you get a spectacular cascade against an unconscious enemy? :ohdear:

I almost wish it had some kind of overkill bonus like infinity blade.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

It gets really bad with my wolverine combo. The +100-200 just makes it worse. Thor hits for 1100 damage then 200 then 300 then 200 again. Thor stop he only had 86 health left to begin with.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I got Dark Reign Loki with one of my tokens and used him on some Red Iso missions. All I have is his purple skill but it is surprisingly useful, especially considering its low AP cost.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

I got Dark Reign Loki with one of my tokens and used him on some Red Iso missions. All I have is his purple skill but it is surprisingly useful, especially considering its low AP cost.

Yeah it's a nice gamble that seems to pay off enough of the time to make him worth using over Black Widow (in my Iron Man, Modern Storm, +1) team. Black Widow's purple costs too much now and stuns feel like more of a luxury than a life saver because I don't get to see all the attack tiles the enemy team can't place while stunned.

I wish I could finish out my black covers for Modern Storm. It seems like just blocking the tiles from becoming countdown tiles has been useful several times, it seems like minions are limited to one tile per color per turn so if you can make all of one color tile an attack tile it can give you a reprieve to store up some stuff that might save your bacon like green or red or purple. A lot of the time I'm half tempted to give up on a board that doesn't have enough green tiles to mix the board up a bit if a countdown tile gets placed somewhere awful.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I figured out how to use a memory editor to cheat. I healed one of my guys about 100 hp in a fight and gave myself 50 iso 8 just to see if it works, but I don't understand why anyone would actually cheat at a game like this. Seems like it would take all the fun out of it.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Anyone had any lucky running this in any kind of android emulator? It isn't available on the amazon app store yet so my fiance can't run it on her kindle and she isn't interested in installing another OS on her kindle but I think she'd like to play it (ie. feed me facebook shared rewards)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm kind of surprised by how weak the Dark Avengers teams are. I've gone up against multiple groups that just have a Daken and a level 1 Bullseye or something. One guy in my bracket only has a base level Moonstone. I went from flat nothing to top 20 in 3 fights.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, look at it this way: Outside of this tournament, which of the Dark Avengers are worth leveling?

Venom, yes. Ragnarok, if you're lucky enough to get one, yes. Daken and Bullseye aren't terrible but require some luck with Recruit tokens to level up at all. Base level Moonstone (which is what anyone who didn't finish Top 10 in the Arena has) is pretty bad. Yelena, outside of the tournament buffing, bites.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm just running a Daken/Bullseye/Venom team and it take forever, but I'm doing fine. Dark Avengers have a stunningly low number of direct damage attacks like Thor and Iron Man do. Everything is passive. I just pumped a couple thousand Iso-9 into them to keep them levelled a bit and I'm unstoppable. Not that it matters, by the end of the tournament I'll be facing teams of level 500 Ragnaroks.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

delfin posted:

Yelena, outside of the tournament buffing, bites.

Worth noting, however, that given how insane the buff is, if you come across a Yelena over lvl20 in the tourney, avoid. I paid no attention to her because the guy's Venom and Daken were both starter level, and she absolutely whupped my team silly after I downed her teammates. Got her on the second attempt, thankfully.

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

At least in regards to the guys I have - Ragnarok obviously is very good. I think mine is only 3/2 or so, but he has a truckload of health, hits extremely hard and can sometimes just end up comboing endlessly. Daken is barely OK. His strike tiles don't end up doing too much as direct damage and board manipulation are so much better than just "adds damage to a match". His regeneration can be very annoying, but the higher level everyone gets the less the amount it is matters, and since his strike skill is so inconsequential you can just leave him for last. Bullseye's critical tile/black skill takes way too long to get enough AP for so I never end up getting to use it. However his purple adamantium skill is great, especially since you will basically always have one or two out and it can really help cut down on damage you're taking over an entire game on matches and big chains. I just got one Moonstone last night from the event so I haven't had a chance to use her yet, I think I got the red AP cover/skill.

bubbapook posted:

Worth noting, however, that given how insane the buff is, if you come across a Yelena over lvl20 in the tourney, avoid. I paid no attention to her because the guy's Venom and Daken were both starter level, and she absolutely whupped my team silly after I downed her teammates. Got her on the second attempt, thankfully.

Take note of this, I ran into a 20 something Yelena last night and wasn't really paying attention since usually she's not too important to focus on, but then she did a 4 match or something benign, maybe a crit tile? Whatever it was it hit for over 600. Luckily she doesn't have much health, but be careful when picking opponents for this one if you see her, or if you do kill her first with direct damage if you've got it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I am attached to Daken cuz he's like Baby Wolverine in the story.

Also, when did Wolverine have a son? I never knew this guy existed before this game. Also, what's up with Bagmen?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

I am attached to Daken cuz he's like Baby Wolverine in the story.

Also, when did Wolverine have a son? I never knew this guy existed before this game. Also, what's up with Bagmen?

According to the game description, its Spider-Man after he lost his suit and the fantastic 4 picked him up. He is wearing Richard's suit and put a bag on his head to keep up his secret identity. I don't know how the bag stays on or how he using his spider silk cartridges, but the hero sucks so I sell him.

And I think Daken is nothing more than a comic book nerd saying " What if there was someone that had all of wolverines powers but was evil". Same with all he dark avengers really, that kinda why this story is pretty terrible so far.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 29, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So I almost got Devour off in a PvP match yesterday, and it got me thinking that in regular stuff Venom and Spider-Man would go really well together to build up web tiles and then chomp away. Not missing anything there am I? Could be really helpful for that BS Ragnarok mission.

I've got to admit, I really like the story. It's just so terrible that it's endearing. Like one of those ugly dogs you just want to cuddle. That bit where Osborn is introducing the Dark Avengers and he sounds so proud of himself cracks me up. That and all the stupid things the henchmen say.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think I actually read the intro to the very first fight, then skipped them all from there on out.

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
So, does the Facebook sharing gifts thing scale based on how many friends you have? I've added myself to the list and added a bunch of people, then I got a reward for myself +25 friends. It was only a hawkeye cover, but still I've only had it show up with +2/3 before.

Also, it turns out I'm terrible at match three games, but it's still kind of addictive. Are there any characters that are just straight up bad that I should always sell to make space? Tempted to collect them all, doubt I'd ever have enough space though.

Bagman seems pretty terrible. Not sure if I'm missing good synergy with certain teams or anything like that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emsee posted:

So, does the Facebook sharing gifts thing scale based on how many friends you have? I've added myself to the list and added a bunch of people, then I got a reward for myself +25 friends. It was only a hawkeye cover, but still I've only had it show up with +2/3 before.

Also, it turns out I'm terrible at match three games, but it's still kind of addictive. Are there any characters that are just straight up bad that I should always sell to make space? Tempted to collect them all, doubt I'd ever have enough space though.

Bagman seems pretty terrible. Not sure if I'm missing good synergy with certain teams or anything like that.

I have only gotten the share 25 on hawkeye covers. I think it just because he is so useless.

No I think bagman is just awful, but he is likely going to get a 200% boost next tournament.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The Dark Avengers tourney has actually provided a funny quandary - since I only want the Venom black cover, (and Bag Man can go suck a dick) I actually need to ensure I stay between Rank 201-350, and not any higher. But there's also a black cover at 275 points, but within my bracket I'm already Rank 172 at 202 points.

Should I go for the 275 and then hope to god I get attacked loads? Maybe the trick is to go for 275, then start a fight with a really poo poo team and leave them there as bait :)

Emsee posted:

That's really weird - I've got like 20 people on FB now, but when I get rewards it keeps giving the same three people over and over again. I've sent in a support ticket, but there are people I've gotten gifts from who have never, ever shown up when I claim rewards for allies.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hawkeye Classic and Juggernaut are almost always dumpworthy. Outside of the current event and whatever other Dark Avengers events come down the road, Yelena Belova is also dumpworthy.

Bag-Man is intended as a joke, and plays like one for the most part. About his only niche use is as a role player against minions -- level 4 Switcheroo can defuse Countdown tiles and other special tiles, Web-Slinger can freeze them and Snarky Remark can delay them. Switcheroo also generates Web tiles for Venom to use for Devour, but if you have Venom you have a cheaper source of Web tiles already in Symbiote Snare. (The one advantage of Switcheroo is that it lets you put Web tiles in out-of-the-way places so you won't match them accidentally.)

Other characters that aren't very good:

* The Hood is pretty meh. His Twin Pistols skill ends your turn unless you've leveled it up to 5 (good luck with that), his passive rocks if you've leveled it up (again, good luck with that), and it's rare that you'd have multiple Countdown tiles for Intimidation to use.

* Moonstone is questionable. Gravity Warp is very random and may not help you at all, Photon Blast has possibilities but needs leveling up, and Control Shift is a nifty idea but 17 Black is a hefty cost.

* Many of the other rarities are in a similar boat -- some useful powers, but when are you going to get a handful of Magnetos or Wolverine X-Forces or Lokis or such unless you're a Saudi prince?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Speaking of Bagman, I am really sick of getting him with my tokens. Because he really does suck. And as for him and Daken, they are both legit characters from Marvel (if you knew that and I just misread the comments, welp nvm)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MLIOOBE posted:

At least in regards to the guys I have - Ragnarok obviously is very good. I think mine is only 3/2 or so, but he has a truckload of health, hits extremely hard and can sometimes just end up comboing endlessly. Daken is barely OK. His strike tiles don't end up doing too much as direct damage and board manipulation are so much better than just "adds damage to a match". His regeneration can be very annoying, but the higher level everyone gets the less the amount it is matters, and since his strike skill is so inconsequential you can just leave him for last.
Ragnarok and Daken are actually the core of my team. Daken's strike tiles apply to every attack, so Ragnarok's Thunderclap gets stronger with each tile on the board. Then every time you do a thunderclap you have a chance of just automatically matching more greens and getting more strike tiles. The automatic matches from thunderclap making green tiles benefit from the strike tiles as well. I honestly feel like it's a little unfair how well the two of them work together

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Plinked my way up to 425 for Moonstone Red and now I don't give a poo poo. It may be a weak zap but at least it's a zap on my Dark Avengers team that isn't purple or black.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Daken/Wolverine are an awesome combo. Strike tiles everywhere and having a maxed out armored assault Ironman 35 doesn't hurt either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Urgh, think I've had enough of this Dark Avengers tournament. Battles take loving ages. Came up against a high level Daken. Healed for 40 every turn. 40 was a good hit for my team to make. That one took a while. Also when you start having multiple Dakens and Bullseyes, the passives take ages to finish. Oh well, nothing much I want from the rewards this time, guess I'll just do missions this week.

Wish you could use Bagman with Spiderman. I think those two and Venom would be a good combination. But no. gently caress off, Bagman. You aren't worth a heroic recruit token you dick. I just want a Ragnarok. :negative: Although I don't think you can get Ragnarok through that anyway.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

delfin posted:

* Many of the other rarities are in a similar boat -- some useful powers, but when are you going to get a handful of Magnetos or Wolverine X-Forces or Lokis or such unless you're a Saudi prince?

This is what I don't get about the current IAP pricing scheme. The succesful games all have reasonably priced boosts. For some reason Marvel wants to charge you equivilant to 25$ to boost a skill one level on a rare....

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
How do you add a fb account? I just made a fake one but i don't know how to add it.
edit: I just had to wait for the "share with allies" pop-up.

beaner69 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 29, 2013

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

McDragon posted:

Urgh, think I've had enough of this Dark Avengers tournament. Battles take loving ages. Came up against a high level Daken. Healed for 40 every turn. 40 was a good hit for my team to make. That one took a while. Also when you start having multiple Dakens and Bullseyes, the passives take ages to finish. Oh well, nothing much I want from the rewards this time, guess I'll just do missions this week.

Wish you could use Bagman with Spiderman. I think those two and Venom would be a good combination. But no. gently caress off, Bagman. You aren't worth a heroic recruit token you dick. I just want a Ragnarok. :negative: Although I don't think you can get Ragnarok through that anyway.

For what it's worth, I just got a Ragnarok (green) from a heroic token. The temptation to spend some actual money and pull some Dark Avengers packs is definitely growing - at level 15 with one power he's not all that amazing, but I can see the potential.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So im in the venom and juggernaut campaigns. Hitting impossible missions against dark avenger black widow and other level 20 dudes. My main team is iron man, modern storm, and black widow, level 10ish with 2 or 3 in most skills. Suggestions? I want to get you the point where classic storm or thor will drop.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Deep Winter posted:

So im in the venom and juggernaut campaigns. Hitting impossible missions against dark avenger black widow and other level 20 dudes. My main team is iron man, modern storm, and black widow, level 10ish with 2 or 3 in most skills. Suggestions? I want to get you the point where classic storm or thor will drop.

Classic storm comes from the Yelona lvl 20 fight, it's one of the rewards. Otherwise you can get her by burning 500 iso-8 at a time, I have her at 1-2-1 now and that's the only way I've been getting covers

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deep Winter posted:

Maybe do the red ISO missions. They have really great rewards. A captain America or 3 might really help you out.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Maybe do the red ISO missions. They have really great rewards. A captain America or 3 might really help you out.

Oh and also if you haven't done the Dark Avengers mission in Russia for the red ISO event, do it now. All you need is a stunner of any kind and Ironman, you can keep stacking reds and greens and Juggernaut will solo all three of them while you stun occasionally and occasionally swap in ironman to take a hit or two

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally managed to murder Ragnarok. It doesnt unlock anything, but at least all the missions in the prologue are done.

Went in with Bonus All AP, Bonus Blue AP, and extra damage to dark avengers. Black Widow kept him stunned the whole time but even then it took forever to whittle him down and there were close calls when he woke up again and started massacring everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The best part is that he gives gently caress all for rewards. I'm about 15-20 rewards from getting everything from the PVE campaign, and all I've got left is boosts and medpacks. Hopefully they put out new chapters or continue putting out events like the really great red iso one they've got going currently.