Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

404GoonNotFound posted:

Ricky does surprisingly well with Muppets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr9_5uZn6ds

I love that when the Elmo puppeteer can't control his giggles, he puppets Elmo trying to suppress the giggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Prince of Egypt also had this neat DVD extra where they edited together all the various language versions of "When You Believe."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqs73ExrbI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMDqs73ExrbI

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Yodzilla posted:

Antimuppet.

"Why did the fox need an umbrella?? Because chaos reigns!! Wocka wocka wocka!"

Best post of the year.

Anyway, I thought I'd toss up a few posters for what might be my favorite Coen brothers movie...

No, not that! Hold on a sec...

Okay, there we go. Most of the stuff I found for this was quite good, if not super exceptional.

Notable use of the folded-paper texture, but it actually makes sense since it's trying to invoke film noir.

I also found out something I hadn't realized- in some other countries, the movie was just titled The Barber, sometimes with the original title as a subtitle.

There was also this weird Japanese poster.

I checked for dumb minimalist posters, but there weren't that many.

This one's not horrendous, but it gives a feeling that's more Burn After Reading than anything more in line with this movie.

Semi-related, but I couldn't resist posting it:

fuuuck youuuuu

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

IMB posted:

Whats wrong with it?

I'm just talking about the poster I have no idea about the movie but putting an Austin Powers reference front and center in 2013 is pretty drat dire. Also I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required to get Evil Kermit's hands to look like that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Yodzilla posted:

I'm just talking about the poster I have no idea about the movie but putting an Austin Powers reference front and center in 2013 is pretty drat dire. Also I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required to get Evil Kermit's hands to look like that.

This, and the fact that the trailer has a "character sings pop song poorly" bit in it. Segal's Muppets movie seemed sincere, this one just feels like a cash-in, but I'll be damned if Ty Burrell isn't perfect casting.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I checked for dumb minimalist posters, but there weren't that many.

This one's not horrendous, but it gives a feeling that's more Burn After Reading than anything more in line with this movie.

My friend actually made that (link!), and while there are waaaay too many Saul Bass imitators out there (most of which are garbage), at least his posters are clearly meant to ape the Bass style, some of which came out pretty good (Rock'n'Roll High School, The Thing, Back to the Future), and some of which didn't (that Zombieland poster is pretty bad, and the Dawn one is pretty uninspired).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ruddiger posted:

My friend actually made that (link!), and while there are waaaay too many Saul Bass imitators out there (most of which are garbage), at least his posters are clearly meant to ape the Bass style, some of which came out pretty good (Rock'n'Roll High School, The Thing, Back to the Future), and some of which didn't (that Zombieland poster is pretty bad, and the Dawn one is pretty uninspired).

This one is pretty nice.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ruddiger posted:

Yeah, I think for sure it's one of the better fan-made examples of that. There's actually some texture beyond a lazy paper filter, and an "older" style does go along with the tome of the movie.

edit: Actually, browsing through his gallery, I posted another of his pieces a while ago:

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Okay, it's Jackie Brown time!

I dig his use of color in a lot of these- the ones for Night of the Living Dead and Pee Wee's Big Adventure are really striking.

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 30, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Beyond The Muppet Rainbow :ohdear:

Only Gonzo Forgives. :arghfist:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

Since Disney owns both, just make a parody of A New Hope, please.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158811/?ref_=nv_sr_1 ? I've never seen it.

Also I just found this on amazon! The two best muppet movies! http://www.amazon.com/Great-Muppet-...treasure+island

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world
C0UNT

That's the best I've got, but I would love to see The Count getting out of the taxi, while the detectives talk, his bloody hands, while the detectives talk, walking calmly, resolutely into the precinct, as the detectives begin to climb the stairs, calling "detectives", and Miss Piggy shrieks, and Elmo, the young upstart who just is too sensitive and too wild and too new for this horrible job in the city and again, but louder "DETEEEEECTIVESS" and Sam the Eagle, the older "retiring-tomorrow" detective turns and

It would just be a great scene, is all.

Oh, oh, and I guess while I'm being stupid: Maria Full of Muppet.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GrandpaPants posted:

Segal's Muppets movie seemed sincere, this one just feels like a cash-in, but I'll be damned if Ty Burrell isn't perfect casting.

One of the writers on this one was also a writer on the last one as well.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Has a sequel that's been set in Europe ever been good?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mister Chief posted:

Fast and Furious 6 was set in London and Spain.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mister Chief posted:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just because it came up in conversation elsewhere this morning I wanted to post possibly the best movie poster ever conceived:

God bless.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
George Washington RAPE EYES

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Mister Chief posted:

"The Great Muppet Caper" :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Great Muppet Caper is the single best thing the Muppets have ever done in any medium.

Charles Grodin :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3XlQzgn_Q

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
New poster for Hunger Games sequel...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Ghost Rider 2. :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

NarkyBark posted:

Did the Peacekeepers get a redo? I remember them looking like something from '70s sci-fi movies now they look like they're from some sort of video game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Did the Peacekeepers get a redo? I remember them looking like something from '70s sci-fi movies now they look like they're from some sort of video game.

They did and there are a couple of ways they could explain it. Like moving from regular cops to a more SWAT or riot police standard.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

NarkyBark posted:

Who did this? It looks a lot like any artwork by Kris Kuksi.
e:

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 31, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That Catching Fire poster is pure class. I loving love it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really have no desire to see any Hunger Games movie but that poster is great and the trailer actually made the movie looks pretty great too. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

axleblaze posted:

I really have no desire to see any Hunger Games movie but that poster is great and the trailer actually made the movie looks pretty great too. I don't know what to believe anymore.

This one's directed by the guy who did Constantine and I Am Legend, if that attracts/deters you further.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hewlett posted:

This one's directed by the guy who did Constantine and I Am Legend, if that attracts/deters you further.

I felt extremely mixed about both those movies so that doesn't help me at all!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The first one was surprisingly entertaining even after all the bad things i heard about it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hewlett posted:

Constantine is actually pretty alright, as long as you don't consider it a Hellblazer adaptation.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Coffee And Pie posted:

Constantine is actually pretty alright, as long as you don't consider it a Hellblazer adaptation.
Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Strange Matter posted:

Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.
Eh, I don't think it beats RDJ as Stark.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Eh, I don't think it beats RDJ as Stark.

Or Mickey Rourke as Marv.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you think any comic book movie casting is better than JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson, you are factually wrong.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Maybe not but that scene is one of my favorite portrayals of Satan in any movie. He just seems so annoyed to be there but then Constantine screws him over and he gets pissed off. Like he hates to waste time personally collecting souls but this is Constantine so he can't resist.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Strange Matter posted:

I thought his Satan was kind of boring. Tilda Swinton as Gabriel was a more interesting choice.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

axleblaze posted:

If you think any comic book movie casting is better than JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson, you are factually wrong.
As someone who didn't care for the Raimi Spider-Man movies and has enjoyed the majority of other comic book movies to come out (casting decisions and all), I have to agree.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Burgess Meredith as The Penguin, you motherfuckers.

Also, that Catching Fire poster is going to be on SO MANY teenage girls walls and that makes me incredibly happy. Maybe it will be a jumping off point for them and we'll end up with a whole generation of women with really great taste in design.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There was that earlier poster too with Peeta and Katniss posed like old propaganda ubermensch posters that was cool maybe not for flawless execution but for originality and nailing the story's content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

axleblaze posted:

Yeah that's up there, he just fell into that role.