Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Something about liking wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

jamal posted:

I think this one is self aware. That wraps back around to awesome.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

West SAAB Story posted:

I think this one is self aware. That wraps back around to awesome.

Only if all 3 center brake lights work.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I like the vortex gens on the mirrors.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I like the dark black woodshop-cut "NISSAN" that blocks off "A L T I M A"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

jamal posted:

Hey man this post is full of spoilers, so uncool

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I recently went through photos on my phone of when I was a courier for a major parcel carrier (there is an arrow). These are a couple years old, but there are some good ones!

Literal bullet holes. I think this might have been a Saturn sedan or something. From a distance I thought they were fake :stare:

From my Facebook feed, a friend in Arizona posted this one. Poor choice of business name/slogan/photo

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Das Volk posted:

When it's time to drive Akina, I wear Nike Air Maxes because they are wide and the tread makes it easy to blip the throttle just by turning my foot sideways instead of bringing the heel up & around for full on heel/toe.
It's covered in speedbumps and Sunday drivers actually obeying the silly-low speed limit. You're probably good.

Though I heel toe like that anyway, I have big feet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Somewhat Heroic posted:

From my Facebook feed, a friend in Arizona posted this one. Poor choice of business name/slogan/photo

That is so wrong it is funny

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You Am I posted:

That is so wrong it is funny

Obviously, you haven't seen the website yet. :smith:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Honestly seems like something out of a comedy movie/tv show. Surely no one can be this unaware?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Slavvy posted:

Honestly seems like something out of a comedy movie/tv show. Surely no one can be this unaware?

Clearly you've never been to Phoenix, AZ

(up the street from my house)

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Clearly you've never been to Phoenix, AZ

(up the street from my house)

Suddenly, as you roll in your toolbox, you are aware this isn't the type of repair shop you thought you applied for.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Hahaha the last to posts are straight out of Far Side.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jamal posted:

Needs more sharkfins/diffusers/aero.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

They should have sent a poet.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Samu posted:

They should have sent a poet.

With a bazooka, no doubt.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Literal bullet holes. I think this might have been a Saturn sedan or something. From a distance I thought they were fake :stare:

It's metal so it's not a Saturn. 1st generation Altima is my guess based on the wheel.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It also looks like the owner tried to cover up the bullet holes with stickers. That's the coolest part of the car! :cmon:

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 1, 2013

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
How to not park your box truck, exhibit 1:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I got honked at, raged at, and the guy went all button mashy on his headlight switch too because I had the gall to switch to the left lane in front of a Maserati.

Was going along at a nice clip in the left lane, someone came up behind me so I moved over to let them past. They passed me, I moved back over to follow them. The Maserati driver was unamused even though there was plenty of space and he'd been following the person I just let by, so it wasn't like I was going way slower than him when I got in front.

So he raged out, then the next chance he got, passed us both on the right doing well over 90. Both I and the person I'd just let by decided that meant he was going to catch radar for us, so we followed him at a reasonable distance...

He had NY plates. Surprised? I'm not.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

I got honked at, raged at, and the guy went all button mashy on his headlight switch too because I had the gall to switch to the left lane in front of a Maserati.

Was going along at a nice clip in the left lane, someone came up behind me so I moved over to let them past. They passed me, I moved back over to follow them. The Maserati driver was unamused even though there was plenty of space and he'd been following the person I just let by, so it wasn't like I was going way slower than him when I got in front.

So he raged out, then the next chance he got, passed us both on the right doing well over 90. Both I and the person I'd just let by decided that meant he was going to catch radar for us, so we followed him at a reasonable distance...

He had NY plates. Surprised? I'm not.

This is the best way to cruise on the interstate at high speed; piss off some uptight person and let them go beat the bushes for you.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Beach Bum posted:

This is the best way to cruise on the interstate at high speed; piss off some uptight person and let them go beat the bushes for you.

And when they slow down, catch up to them and act like you're going to pass them again, so they take off.

I've fed many a bear with angry, lovely drivers money this way :haw:

e: here is some terrible car poo poo, 14 pages of old whiny fuddy duddies bitching about how we should use cubic inches still and the 5.3 should be called a 327 and the 5.7 should be called a 350 and :bahgawd: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f19/lets-go-back-cubic-inches-seriously-39975/

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 1, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kastein posted:

And when they slow down, catch up to them and act like you're going to pass them again, so they take off.

e: here is some terrible car poo poo, 14 pages of old whiny fuddy duddies bitching about how we should use cubic inches still and the 5.3 should be called a 327 and the 5.7 should be called a 350 and :bahgawd: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f19/lets-go-back-cubic-inches-seriously-39975/

ludicrous thread posted:

Liters are just way too vague.

The guy is way, way too articulate for it not to be a gag.

edit:

gm neckbeard posted:

As for the Z06 I'm serious as a heart attack. Things like this matter, if you want GM to be on the up and up and to give no one any ammo against them then you should be on them for things like this.
427 sounds more attractive than 428, so let's keep it the for nostalgic factor.
400 hp sounds better than 394 so let's say it's 400.
4.10:1 axle sounds better than a 4.08:1 so let's call it that.
Corvette weighs 3,111, but let's say it's 3,100.

GM is in no place to be pulling things like this.
:bahgawd:

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 1, 2013

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
drat straight. That's why I ignore people who blather on about some make-believe "Chevy 350 small block" when anyone with a firkin of sense knows it's a Chevy 349 cubic inches, two teaspoons and 66 minum small block.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

My one lovely coworker proudly proclaimed that he runs 5W30 in his Mitsubishi instead of 5W20 like the manufacturer recommends at lunch today.

I made the mistake of not completely ignoring him. Told him that was bad for the engine, which it is...

Other choice comments he made:
:bahgawd: haw I blow engines because I rev em out to the redline, not because of the oil! :haw:
:bahgawd: multi viscosity oil is poo poo, I don't know why anyone runs it, terrible stuff, I used to run straight 50 weight in my Pontiac, nice and quiet.
:bahgawd: Pontiac did gently caress up on that engine design, they had real problems with cam bearings.
:bahgawd: I run 5W30 or 15W40 in everything. Real oil, not that light poo poo. They make 0W30 now. What the gently caress good does 0 viscosity do for anyone?

My general response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

I swear to god this retard is going to drive me to drink if I make the mistake of ever paying attention to him again. Engaging him in conversation at all is always a mistake, telling him he's wrong results in a diarrheal deluge of inaccurate, wrong, misguided, and flat out impossible bullshit. It's been termed "the billibuster" and the only way to end one is to simply walk away.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

kastein posted:

My one lovely coworker proudly proclaimed that he runs 5W30 in his Mitsubishi instead of 5W20 like the manufacturer recommends at lunch today.

I made the mistake of not completely ignoring him. Told him that was bad for the engine, which it is...

:bahgawd: haw I blow engines because I rev em out to the redline, not because of the oil! :haw:
:bahgawd: multi viscosity oil is poo poo, I don't know why anyone runs it, terrible stuff, I used to run straight 50 weight in my Pontiac, nice and quiet.
:bahgawd: Pontiac did gently caress up on that engine design, they had real problems with cam bearings.
:bahgawd: I run 5W30 or 15W40 in everything. Real oil, not that light poo poo. They make 0W30 now. What the gently caress good does 0 viscosity do for anyone?

My general response:

I swear to god this retard is going to drive me to drink if I make the mistake of ever paying attention to him again. Engaging him in conversation at all is always a mistake, telling him he's wrong results in a diarrheal deluge of inaccurate, wrong, misguided, and flat out impossible bullshit. It's been termed "the billibuster" and the only way to end one is to simply walk away.

You spend this much time on an internet car forum and you're surprised that bringing up oil opens a can of worms even in real life?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kastein posted:

My general response:

There's a guy at work telling everyone that the whooshing sound my car makes is a "hydraulic sequential shifter".

WAT

That's a blow off valve dude. He didn't listen and now random nerds are asking to listen to my "hydraulic sequential shifter".

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

JP Money posted:

You spend this much time on an internet car forum and you're surprised that bringing up oil opens a can of worms even in real life?

He brought it up and I made the mistake of countering him on one silly number... he's roughly 50% wrong about everything he ever says, including work related poo poo. He brought someone in my side of the office a CAD drawing of a part we need to make a week or two ago and all I heard was muttered expletives followed by "what the gently caress is wrong with Bill, this is completely wrong and useless and I might as well just redo it" when he left the room.

We hired him to do CAD drawings.

I don't know why he still works here.

Fortunately he is literally the only lovely person here.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Should we email your boss anonymously about Bill? ;)

this is a joke oh god don't probate me

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Fucknag posted:

Should we email your boss anonymously about Bill? ;)

this is a joke oh god don't probate me

1. Whatever you could say I have probably already said in person, but it would annoy my boss so please don't.
2. That isn't his real name.
3. hah I figured but should make sure by saying this. If you call though ask for Ken and say you have stairs in your house.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Pretty terrible.

It had the obligatory illest and shocker decals on the back mirror as well.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Night Danger Moose posted:

Pretty terrible.

wrong thread

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Night Danger Moose posted:

Pretty terrible.

This saddens me, I really like roadmasters. I've only ever seen one in person (LHD hearses are A Thing here apparently) and it's one of the few american cars I've seen that has genuine class and elegance. Also wood on a 90's body shape really should look like garbage but somehow it doesn't.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

kastein posted:

Now try managing a garage that's main job is oil changes. Let's see how many times you can explain their Gm vehicle requires Dexos approved oil, cheapest oil change available is $30 plus tax, and getting the you shot my dog look. I get raged on regularly about that and how much the tires on their lovely car cost because they bought the appearance package with the 17,18,19 inch wheels. Look, you bought the car you should have checked the tire price because that is the most expensive guaranteed wear and tear part. Yell at me about how im ripping you off, storm out and then come back because i'm the cheapest in the area.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

kastein posted:

I don't really want to start a whole thing but... I will.

I totally respect your knowledge, but 5w30 is not really going to be "bad for the engine" when the manufacturer recommends 5w20. Especially in a hot climate it could be the better choice. If someone told me it would be bad in real likfe it would probably set me off a bit.

However they are so close that in reality you'll never notice a difference either way so arguing about it is pointless.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

kastein posted:

Sometimes I think we should have a thread where we quote other internet car forums, like the "it's always more and it's always worse" thread they have in DnD. Gminsidenews is really one of the best out there - a forum ostensibly about GM, except it's sponsored by Ford, every sub-forum has a sponsor message about how Chevy sucks and everyone should buy Fords, and full of crazies who hate GM(like me :v:). The same company also runs fordinsidenews but it's a ghost town with no posts compared to gminsidenews....and they own thetrutheaboutcars too.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I thought the 5.3 was 325CID? Wrong bore/stroke to be a "real" 327 anyway.

E: That is to say, it's not a big bore short stroke type deal.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fucknag posted:

Only if all 3 center brake lights work.

It's a 90s Altima, you'd be lucky if one of the brake lights work in any way at all. That goes for any rear facing light.

I don't know :wtf: it is with 90s Nissans, but I see very few 90s Altimas/Maximas with fully functional rear lights. Nearly every one I see on the road has some form of grounding issue with the rear lights, ranging from "one bulb disappears when I step on the brakes" to "every rear bulb, including signals and backup, light up when I try to use my turn signal". The tl;dr of that is I'm glad I GTFO of my 99 Altima before the rear lights went super bezerk (it was starting to light up the backup lights and front/rear/dash turn signals dimly when I stepped on the brakes... among about 15,000 other issues it had).

Beach Bum posted:

I call this "hey dude you're my bait now, enjoy your stay!" :v:

Doesn't work so well on road trips, but I often find a few cars hauling rear end when I'm on a trip. I just try to avoid being the lead or tail in those groups.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Toucan Sam posted:

Now try managing a garage that's main job is oil changes. Let's see how many times you can explain their Gm vehicle requires Dexos approved oil, cheapest oil change available is $30 plus tax, and getting the you shot my dog look.

Mobil 1 is dexos 1 certified. :v: No way in hell will Mobil 1 work into any reasonably priced oil change though, and at the moment, it looks like only traditional Mobil 1 is dexos 1 certified (so no long life or high mileage stuff).

5 qt jug + filter is about $30 (before tax) if my car used a common spin-on filter, at Wal-Mart, for me to DIY. I don't know how this worked out, but Wal-Mart carries the OEM filter for my car (for about :10bux: ) - so with tax, I'm sitting around $37. For DIY on an economy car. :smith: