Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
honestly i would just worry that a frustrated rapist would just beat the hell out of the woman until she showed them how to take it off. might be effective in unconscious situations though

god what a depressing topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

nerds dont care about rape or think it isn't a real issue so while this project actually has its heart in the right place, it's wallowing at 5k funding

its heart is definitely not in the right place

it encourages women to think about sexual violence every loving day, as a totally normal event that requires affirmative defense.

this poo poo is loving disgusting. it's just an extra-sexist variant of kickstarters for clothes/wallets with special tacticlol gun holsters.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it encourages women to think about sexual violence every loving day, as a totally normal event that requires affirmative defense.

this poo poo is loving disgusting. it's just an extra-sexist variant of kickstarters for clothes/wallets with special tacticlol gun holsters.

women getting raped is a totally real issue that they actually have to deal with and worry about every single day. women cant go out jogging after daylight hours because it's loving dangerous.

needing a tactical weapon to defend yourself from the government/blacks/whoever is an imaginary issue for racists and crazy people.

Trig Discipline posted:

honestly i would just worry that a frustrated rapist would just beat the hell out of the woman until she showed them how to take it off. might be effective in unconscious situations though

god what a depressing topic

yeah that's definitely an intuitive concern but studies have shown it's not actually the case. i mean sometimes sure but you're better off being able to frustrate your attacker.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 3, 2013

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

p much this yeah

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

women getting raped is a totally real issue that they actually have to deal with and worry about every single day. women cant go out jogging after daylight hours because it's loving dangerous.

needing a tactical weapon to defend yourself from the government/blacks/whoever is an imaginary issue for racists and crazy people.

yeah that's definitely an intuitive concern but studies have shown it's not actually the case. i mean sometimes sure but you're better off being able to frustrate your attacker.

women can and do go out jogging after daylight hours. so far as i know they generally don't wear rape-resistant underwear or carry firearms to do it, either

notably i don't live in a 3rd world shithole

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

needing a tactical weapon to defend yourself from the government/blacks/whoever is an imaginary issue for racists and crazy people

needing rape-resistant underwear to live life as a woman who occasionally leaves her house is an imaginary issue for crazy people who imagine they live in 6th century arabia

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

Acquaintance rape is much more prevalent than stranger rape. In a study published by the Department of Justice, 82% of the victims were raped by someone they knew (acquaintance/friend, intimate, relative) and 18% were raped by a stranger.

From a report on Violence Against Women based on data from the National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1995

In the Rape in America study, 80% of the girls and women who were raped were victimized by someone they knew.

Rape in America: A Report to the Nation, National Victim Center, 1992

this kickstarter is trying to solve the wrong problem and it's honestly p loving horrifying that someone would come out with it. there are places in the world where stranger rape is a very big issue but they're not the us and I'm pretty sure women in the sudan aren't going to be buying rape-resistant pants before they go clubbing

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

gross nerds on the internet have re-invented the chastity belt?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Yeah okay, I think I agree.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cerv posted:

gross nerds on the internet have re-invented the chastity belt?

kevlar chastity belts, no less

it's the new, hip way to intimidate women and promulgate rape culture. be a cool and modern gatekeeper for your special lady's libido

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

someone should just invent a personal forcefield generator, it would be one of the most disruptive inventions ever if it were possible

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

biggest problem i see with it is that sexual assault doesn't necessarily involve the vagina

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what about a kickstarter to chemically castrate all males

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

kevlar chastity belts, no less

it's the new, hip way to intimidate women and promulgate rape culture. be a cool and modern gatekeeper for your special lady's libido

this is really not at all the same thing as a chastity belt.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Al! posted:

what about a kickstarter to chemically castrate all males

i'd be down for this

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

serewit posted:

i'd be down for this

what would the stretch goals be??

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

what would the stretch goals be??

omitting the "chemical" part

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

TOOT BOOT posted:

biggest problem i see with it is that sexual assault doesn't necessarily involve the vagina

also rape is not about sex - it's about violence

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

this is really not at all the same thing as a chastity belt.

please explain to me how the rape-prevention underwear marketed to internet males is "Not at all" the same as a chastity belt

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

please explain to me how the rape-prevention underwear marketed to internet males is "Not at all" the same as a chastity belt

because it's not marketed to internet males? and a chastity belt is specifically made to make a man the gatekeeper to a woman's vagina, this is not at all designed to do that?

like i only watched the video but it seemed to say fairly explicitly that women choose put this on themselves and take it off themselves.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

because it's not marketed to internet males? and a chastity belt is specifically made to make a man the gatekeeper to a woman's vagina, this is not at all designed to do that?

like i only watched the video but it seemed to say fairly explicitly that women choose put this on themselves and take it off themselves.

chastity belts worked the same way
the point is that you do it to yourself

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
kind of dumbfounded that you loving spergs actually think this is marketed to males and is a chastity belt to be inflicted upon women. you can push against the brick wall of trying to teach men not to rape all you want--someday i do hope we make progress on that front, but as long as it's still happening, explain to me why exactly it's a problem for a woman to be aware that she may be entering into a risky situation and to take precautions? jesus loving christ you people. if she wants to carry mace, or a whistle, or wear these magic underpants to make herself feel safe and confident then why shouldn't she? because somehow her awareness that it can happen and does happen every day is somehow HER perpetuating rape culture??? are you loving retarded?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

youre wrong

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
please actually kill yourself

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

ulilileeloo dallas posted:

kind of dumbfounded that you loving spergs actually think this is marketed to males and is a chastity belt to be inflicted upon women. you can push against the brick wall of trying to teach men not to rape all you want--someday i do hope we make progress on that front, but as long as it's still happening, explain to me why exactly it's a problem for a woman to be aware that she may be entering into a risky situation and to take precautions? jesus loving christ you people. if she wants to carry mace, or a whistle, or wear these magic underpants to make herself feel safe and confident then why shouldn't she? because somehow her awareness that it can happen and does happen every day is somehow HER perpetuating rape culture??? are you loving retarded?

wow shut up

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Dr. Honked posted:

wow shut up

youre a loving idiot hth

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
whatever, i would have worn the poo poo out of those when i was an 18 year old girl traveling outside of my country for the first time.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lol

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
please dont turn this into a tumblr meltdown thread tia

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

flyboi posted:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

flyboi posted:

closed: wontfix

working as intended

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

please tell us more about the 'risky situations' women enter where this skirt would be useful

here's a link that may help you compose your response

tia :) :) :) :)

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

please tell us more about the 'risky situations' women enter where this skirt would be useful

here's a link that may help you compose your response

tia :) :) :) :)

the 1/3rd that aren't acquaintance rapes. hth.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the 1/3rd that aren't acquaintance rapes. hth.

so, risky situations like being a woman in public

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
you know what the most rape-resistant club attire is?

a burqa

makes you think

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

kickstart my new kegel-activated cigar cutter

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

TOOT BOOT posted:

kickstart my new kegel-activated cigar cutter

$100 or more gets you the kegel cutter: clinton edition

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
male circumcision is a crime

Stubbs
Oct 24, 2005

i interviewed at posh view hahaha looked fuckin bush league before i ever stepped in the door, but they've really outdone themselves with this ks

the tortured engineers trapped in their windowless basement "office" were clearly envious of my freedom and their sad eyes told me all i needed to know

plan was for the entire interface to be a loving webpage. they also couldn't pay the salaries they were advertising and tried to make it up in equity.

real class acts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

put this thread to the sword

• Locked thread