Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Japan's the kind of place where you go and you find CDs by your friends local band from back home that never pressed more than a few hundred/thousand copies and are mostly taking up space in a basement. Happened to friends of mine multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
My Barnes & Noble 50% off purchase just arrived and it's all kinds of :psyduck:

Looks like it came to Australia via France? The AUSTRALIA part of the address is basically impossible to read so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also damaged in transit in this stupid rear end box :shepface:

Luckily the disc and cover are perfectly fine though. I still have no idea if I actually paid for this, I cancelled the order but they sent it anyway so I am not sure if they ever charged me.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

izationalizer posted:

I'm also not even sure whether I like the Swervedriver (never heard it). I'll have to give it a spin.

Raise is great. Good find.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

david puddy posted:

Does anyone here have Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works II on brown vinyl? Two of the discs in mine are opaque which is what I was expecting, but disc 2 is translucent and looks wicked:

Is this pretty common or have I got some awesome anomaly?

Where is a good place to get this? I am extremely jealous.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Flaggy posted:

Where is a good place to get this? I am extremely jealous.

The represses are widely available but the brown one is long OOP, so eBay and Discogs I guess. It's actually one of the things I'm willing to let go of so if you want it badly I might be able to sell you mine.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yeah I got a brown copy as well I'd be willing to let go. It's just mastered way to low volume for me to enjoy.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yeah I got a brown copy as well I'd be willing to let go. It's just mastered way to low volume for me to enjoy.

Does yours have any translucent discs?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I have this issue with the 3xLP reissue of The Glow, Pt. 2

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
If you guys want to PM me I would take 1 of those copies off your hands. Shipping would be to 51250.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
I slapped together a quasi-companion site to CollectorsFrenzy that archives BINs since popsike/CF doesn't: http://www.binfrenzy.com

It's super beta while it gets stress tested and I narrow down the daily stats scheduling stuff so don't be surprised if it chokes (it's shoestring hardware). In any case it's a good reference and you get to see some lowball best offers.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

JehovahsWetness posted:

I slapped together a quasi-companion site to CollectorsFrenzy that archives BINs since popsike/CF doesn't: http://www.binfrenzy.com

It's super beta while it gets stress tested and I narrow down the daily stats scheduling stuff so don't be surprised if it chokes (it's shoestring hardware). In any case it's a good reference and you get to see some lowball best offers.

This is awesome. You can't see the best offer prices on eBay itself as far as I know, gonna be using this regularly.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

For anyone interested in Explosions in the Sky, they have The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place on sale for $10 here, November 4th only:

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr61

I don't think I'll ever end up owning How Strange, Innocence though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The Halloween OST has been on sale at mondo tees for a few days and is still in stock.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

beergod posted:

Ok, I recorded the problem I'm having.

https://soundcloud.com/user571290037/new-recording-2

Could you guys please take a listen and let me know what the gently caress that is and how to fix it?

Ok, so it definitely gets better the longer the record plays. What can that mean?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

beergod posted:

Ok, so it definitely gets better the longer the record plays. What can that mean?

Does it happen on 45's? Could be related to the angle of the tonearm somehow?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
It didn't sound as bad on the one 45 I own, but it is an on-purpose gritty sounding 45 made in the third man booth or whatever

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

My Barnes & Noble 50% off purchase just arrived and it's all kinds of :psyduck:

Looks like it came to Australia via France? The AUSTRALIA part of the address is basically impossible to read so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also damaged in transit in this stupid rear end box :shepface:

Luckily the disc and cover are perfectly fine though. I still have no idea if I actually paid for this, I cancelled the order but they sent it anyway so I am not sure if they ever charged me.

I got three separate packages from B&N, one from the US (which took the longest to arrive), one via the UK and one via Singapore. No clue what goes on with their shipping.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a copy of Passion Pits Chunk of Change they'd sell?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Ended up finding a seller on Discogs that had a copy of Dive by Tycho for sale... for $40. By the time I got a response (a week after I put it in the buy order...), I had discovered that there is a repressing coming out in December! :toot:

http://www.theghostlystore.com/products/tycho-dive

So am I a complete shitbag for cancelling my Discogs order? He did take forever to reply.

Also, check out this thing I managed to find this at Reckless Records in Chicago for about $27:

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Totally not a shitbag. I had to cancel before and the dude gave me a negative rating for apparently taking six days to send payment even though I asked to cancel the order the next day after it was replaced.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Dr. Lenin posted:

Also, check out this thing I managed to find this at Reckless Records in Chicago for about $27:

Yeah I picked mine up at Waterloo in Austin for $30 I think. Same jacket, so I guess the other ones were limited or some bullshit that I care little about. It is actually a pretty great record and made me want to get more scores or classical type stuff.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

JehovahsWetness posted:

Now that is pretty awesome! Nice work.

Speaking of BINs, I was wondering--and I probably shouldn't be giving away trade secrets like this, because it just creates more competition, but--does anyone else scour the newly listed BINs? I've been known to do so. It's about the closest one can come to internet crate-digging, and obviously, the idea is to find stuff that's grossly underpriced and pounce on it (and you have to be quick, because the super-scores disappear in minutes/seconds). The return on time investment is quite low; 99.999...% of it is either overpriced, priced about right, or just crap that no one wants. But deals do turn up. My best ever score is a first press ("brick sleeve") Black Flag "Nervous Breakdown" 7" for $20; needless to say, the seller didn't know what they had. That's also how I found the autographed copy of "Souvlaki" for $30. All told, I've scored dozens of records that way.

Anyway, it's not nearly as fun as real-life crate-digging, but it's still a treasure hunt, and I love treasure hunts.

Also, here's a copy of Yo La Tengo's "I Can Hear the Heart..." for $18.99, which is a very solid deal. It always auctions for more than that, and a BIN went for $70 back in Oct.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Dogen posted:

Yeah I picked mine up at Waterloo in Austin for $30 I think. Same jacket, so I guess the other ones were limited or some bullshit that I care little about. It is actually a pretty great record and made me want to get more scores or classical type stuff.

I also think the other covers were a lot more limited - the Reckless on Milwaukee Ave. has a copy with the Spirited Away cover, but it is selling for $45. Wish the album had more songs from Spirited Away on it, I really like that movie.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

izationalizer posted:

Also, here's a copy of Yo La Tengo's "I Can Hear the Heart..." for $18.99, which is a very solid deal. It always auctions for more than that, and a BIN went for $70 back in Oct.

Some jerk already bought it. That jerk was me. Thanks!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

WASDF posted:

Totally not a shitbag. I had to cancel before and the dude gave me a negative rating for apparently taking six days to send payment even though I asked to cancel the order the next day after it was replaced.

I have one negative feedback on Discogs. The seller never sent me an invoice with shipping or replied to any of my messages to do so. He didn't respond to my request to cancel the order after a couple of weeks either. Then almost a month later he left me negative feedback saying "No payment received after 24 days" so I left him a scathing feedback which he just had removed somehow. It was horseshit and I feel like I'm missing out because on Discogs you can set your sales to only be visible to people with 100% feedback I'm pretty sure.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

izationalizer posted:

Speaking of BINs, I was wondering--and I probably shouldn't be giving away trade secrets like this, because it just creates more competition, but--does anyone else scour the newly listed BINs?

My wallet hates you so much right now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

beergod posted:

It didn't sound as bad on the one 45 I own, but it is an on-purpose gritty sounding 45 made in the third man booth or whatever

I have that recording as well and it is in no way typical of what a 45 rpm single sounds like.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

david puddy posted:

I have one negative feedback on Discogs. The seller never sent me an invoice with shipping or replied to any of my messages to do so. He didn't respond to my request to cancel the order after a couple of weeks either. Then almost a month later he left me negative feedback saying "No payment received after 24 days" so I left him a scathing feedback which he just had removed somehow. It was horseshit and I feel like I'm missing out because on Discogs you can set your sales to only be visible to people with 100% feedback I'm pretty sure.

That is true, but I hope that most people don't bother. I see a lot of people with 98.43% feedback rating and I think it would exclude even them.

Oh, and I just realized that my problematic merchant removed my negative feedback from his page as well. What the poo poo.

WASDF fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 6, 2013

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

:c00lbert: Them low numbers. I have all the Cover Version releases now.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After one year, three weeks, and two days...

I have received a refund from Soul Temple.

:toot:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Sometimes you buy Ugly Casanova's Sharpen Your Teeth for 50 bucks described as VG+, and it turns out to be nothing short of Near Mint in every aspect.

Other times you buy an expensive box set for Nick Cave's amazing Push The Sky Away as soon as it goes up for pre-order and yet you're still somehow not in the first 400 copies that get signed by Cave himself.

Oh well.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Me in Reverse posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Congrats! It might be for the best, even after finally getting Shaolin Soul Selection, I can't really listen to it without getting irritated about the whole situation attached to it.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Other times you buy an expensive box set for Nick Cave's amazing Push The Sky Away as soon as it goes up for pre-order and yet you're still somehow not in the first 400 copies that get signed by Cave himself.

Oh well.

Was it still worth the money? I never got the deluxe box but that's top album of the year imo

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Sometimes you buy Ugly Casanova's Sharpen Your Teeth for 50 bucks described as VG+, and it turns out to be nothing short of Near Mint in every aspect.

Oh well.

Life is difficult stuff.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Me in Reverse posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Dare you to buy another Soul Temple record.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Me in Reverse posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Congrats! I got my (late) copy of GFK after I canceled it. gently caress 'em.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I just happened to check the PayPal payment and I had to pay $3.16 in fees for their loving "refund". Hahahhaha, gently caress them forever.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Bliggers- posted:

Was it still worth the money? I never got the deluxe box but that's top album of the year imo

Not really.

The record is just the same one you can buy in any shop (which is a shame because it would be great to have some sort of limited pressing or whatever) there's two 7 inch singles and the album on cd and a DVD with videos. Hardly worth the price you're paying if it's not even signed by Cave himself.

The box itself is very pretty though, and the notebook is an eerily faithful replication. Impressive.

CPL593H posted:

Life is difficult stuff.

My god, is it ever.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Sup hoes.

Is this worth while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

No. The best edition of that album would be one with an entirely different band.