Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

:911:

Some kid is going to be very disappointed.

The thing that made me laugh more than anything here was the review of "entertaining".

Edit: I just realized that At the Movies wasn't on the air when that movie came out, nor did that show ever give out stars. Also Ebert's name came first. Who would put Roper before Ebert???

Edit 2: also Ebert didn't give the movie 4 stars.

I'm starting to think this box might not be trustworthy...which makes it all the funnier that they used a review that merely says "entertaining"

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What I did for my Schindler's List poster is I took a random quote from his review and put no context into it. The same could've been done for that, despite At the Movies not existing.

"J. Edger was a great/terrible film, but Leo's performance was the most entertaining and interesting thing about this film."

Snip entertaining, and there ya go. Instant quick review!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
So they released some character posters for The Hobbit. Not the greatest, but they are servicable.

Except this one.

Kiimo, do you think you could wander over to the guys doing The Hobbit and show them a photo of what Martin Freeman actually looks like?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

So they released some character posters for The Hobbit. Not the greatest, but they are servicable.

Except this one.

Kiimo, do you think you could wander over to the guys doing The Hobbit and show them a photo of what Martin Freeman actually looks like?

They're aware that he's not playing a young Elijah Wood aren't they?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Young Freud posted:

It's too bad GBS has gone to hell because this would make for an awesome Photoshop Phriday.

I don't see why a photo shop thread wouldn't work in GBS 2.1. Someone should make this thread.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 4, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Thank you movie poster thread for making me aware of Mr. Frost. Jeff Goldblum is awesome (although when is he not?)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mr.capps posted:

I don't see why a photo shop thread wouldn't work in GBS 2.1. Someone should make this thread.

You got it sir.

EDIT: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3580896

Enjoy.

EDIT: Welp. That was sure quick. Good luck trying to make any Photoshop threads in there now...hah..ah...eh.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 4, 2013

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Thank you movie poster thread for making me aware of Mr. Frost. Jeff Goldblum is awesome (although when is he not?)
He knows he's awesome.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Except this one.

I think I'd prefer it if he wandered over and showed them what the sole of his size nine looks like. To ensure they put the elements on their next poster in proper focus, he should show it to them at a variety of distances from zero to several feet.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So today I fell down a Wikipedia hole in reading about Michael Cimino's career when I found this glorious poster for Sunchaser:

:cult:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I could care
less.

Doesn't that entire movie take place on the road? This looks like it's some kind of urban Straw Dogs.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Couldn't care less. COULDN'T, god drat it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Not sure what you mean. Last time I checked, Martin Freeman indeed had eyes that look in different directions and fleeces of skin joining his fingers together.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jedit posted:

I think I'd prefer it if he wandered over and showed them what the sole of his size nine looks like. To ensure they put the elements on their next poster in proper focus, he should show it to them at a variety of distances from zero to several feet.

11.5 :colbert: and I'd love to if I didn't take part in the creation of the Grudge Match abomination and therefore can't really talk.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TheJoker138 posted:

Couldn't care less. COULDN'T, god drat it.

I thought this was just a common error that people make while speaking casually, I assumed that a professional marketing team would know how to say it correctly. I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am, I guess I'm not totally jaded yet.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 6, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Basebf555 posted:

I thought this was just a common error that people make while speaking casually, I assumed that a professional marketing team would know how to say it correctly. I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am, I guess I'm not totally jaded yet.

I assume it's meant to be a rhetorical question used as a response, e.g.

:v:: I think that poster for The Hobbit is great!

:shrug:: I could care less?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

All I can think of is that very strange scene in Charlotte's Web where another baby animal tells Wilbur that she "Could care less" and he goes on a long tirade over it, as if E. B. White is just straight up ranting through Wilbur's mouth.

(Now if I weren't inconveniently on my phone right now, I'd go find the posters for the various film adaptations of Charlotte's Web. Later...)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Yodzilla posted:

So today I fell down a Wikipedia hole in reading about Michael Cimino's career when I found this glorious poster for Sunchaser:

:cult:

If I didn't already like my avatar, I would crop this poo poo and use it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Basebf555 posted:

No, I was right, I could care less, because I care even less about what you're saying right now.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

No, I was right, I could care less, because I care even less about what you're saying right now.

But is it the least you could care?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A chinese movie theater used a photoshopped fan poster for Thor 2. Wanna see that movie :gay:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
How socially progressive of them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New Anchorman 2 posters:

Some of the Photoshopping is a little awkward but that just kind of adds to it in this case. I like em :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those are amazing.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Those are really poorly designed Jaegers.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

axleblaze posted:

Some of the Photoshopping is a little awkward but that just kind of adds to it in this case. I like em :)

Besides Ferrell, are any of those characters well known enough that you don't have to put the movie's title on the poster? Carrell especially, since the dude has played a suited nebbish in literally every one of his movies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anchorman, to the best of my understanding, put Carrell on the map.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Irish Joe posted:

Besides Ferrell, are any of those characters well known enough that you don't have to put the movie's title on the poster? Carrell especially, since the dude has played a suited nebbish in literally every one of his movies.

Anyone who who saw the first one will definitely remember those characters. That seems to be the target audience for this movie, people who fondly remember the first one.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

I think you're severely underestimating the film's place in pop culture. Remember, this was the teaser poster:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
The building is his dick.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

This is a good American Hustle poster

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

...of SCIENCE! posted:

A chinese movie theater used a photoshopped fan poster for Thor 2. Wanna see that movie :gay:

Those are cheap tickets, dang.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How much does that translate to?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How much does that translate to?

Around 7 USD.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I think you're severely underestimating the film's place in pop culture. Remember, this was the teaser poster:

Yeah, they wouldn't even need to put the title at the bottom and I'd immediately know what movie it was for. "Group of 70's-era men together" just says Anchorman, and that movie was absolutely huge.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

As promised/warned earlier, posters for film adaptations of "Charlotte's Web". Here's the Hannah/Barbera version you probably saw dozens of times as a kid, and it had a hell of a tagline:

The busy live-action version had a surprisingly nice teaser poster (with another strange tagline):

And a later poster that is slightly more indicative of what you're in for if you watch it. Holy poo poo, that cast list... :cry:

I also found out that the live-action version had some especially awful entries in the ever popular "Every single last drat character in this movie however unimportant needs their own poster with a HILARIOUS catchphrase, gently caress you" trend:

And finally, I found this thing. Every single thing about it is depressing:

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 7, 2013

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Why is that lamb checking out that pig's junk.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

"Based on characters created by the author of Stuart Little"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Yodzilla posted:

Why is that lamb checking out that pig's junk.

It's clearly checking out his sweet rear end medal... get your mind out the drat gutter, boy.