Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

For sale about 20-miles from me.

1972 Electra. I had one years ago; one of the best cars I ever owned, and definitely the most comfortable. Bidding is under $4K, and ends tomorrow.

Seller says it's rolled only 28,000 miles.

Aside from the color, the probably shot A/C & the EGR hose (not to mention the lack of garage space), I'm sorely tempted.
Unh. My wife would kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

PainterofCrap posted:

My wife would kill me.

I got a couch for yah. That is sheer awesomeness.... though you could sleep in it! Worst case scenario, take her with to see it. That's how I ended up with my current poo poo heap in the garage.... she said well if you can keep it mobile I don't see why not.

But I upgraded this time around. She really doesn't care about the rides.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Okay, made an Imgur album for the first batch, the rally photos are from a rallysprint couple of years back and the old photo scans I really dont remember and those are p.much most I have on my computer right now.
http://imgur.com/a/8yrRa

Man the flat six sounded awesome

Angry Starlet

Couple of Hondas

What are you doing

Welp

Whats a bit of a snow between friends

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

PainterofCrap posted:

My wife would kill me.

You're doing it wrong.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Its always easier to apologize than ask for permission.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I see your BMW wheel table and raise you a BMW engine table.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm assuming that engine is busted to hell inside or just hollow, because $2500 seems like not a lot for a BMW V12.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Linedance posted:

I'm assuming that engine is busted to hell inside or just hollow, because $2500 seems like not a lot for a BMW V12.

For an extra hundred bucks, you could get the engine still running inside a car http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-REDUCED-1991-BMW-7-Series-750iL-Sedan-Need-it-gone-W0QQAdIdZ531463776

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
If you bought a non-runner you could get a V12 for a couple hundred. Even runners are about the same price as one of the 24v straight six motors. They're basically giant useless hunks since no one wants them.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

I mean its kinda of cool, I guess but from a design standpoint, these are better.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

So you're saying for $2600 you can get a whole BMW Living Room Set?, two chairs, a sofa, a table and maybe some stuff to hang on the wall while you're at it.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
It all depends on the how you value your time.

(Still a nice project)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Crustashio posted:

If you bought a non-runner you could get a V12 for a couple hundred. Even runners are about the same price as one of the 24v straight six motors. They're basically giant useless hunks since no one wants them.

Which is a shame because the engineering is so elegant on them. Identical cylinder heads and intake manifolds, one pair is just mounted backwards, and the block is symmetrical front to rear.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

I know this is from the last page but I just saw what I think is the nurburgring in the air-filter?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I'll take one of everything pictured here, thanks.

e: should be all of the pictures...? :confused:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know what I'd do with a 2-stroke GP bike engine but I'd drat well figure something out.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Which is a shame because the engineering is so elegant on them. Identical cylinder heads and intake manifolds, one pair is just mounted backwards, and the block is symmetrical front to rear.

Well they just took two M20s and smushed them together which is why there's two of everything.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That thing is huge, anyone got an ID?

Is that an ATV? :stare:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Fucknag posted:

TVR something or other :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Yup! Its its off the Speed 12.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12#Chassis_and_body_statistics

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Fucknag posted:

I believe that's a jet ski.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Fucknag posted:

Jetski

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The idea of a TVR with that much power and knowing that TVR at that time hated electronic aids like traction control and ABS as well as airbags, sends a shiver down my spine. Knowing your luck you'd be hitting top speed as you realise that Trevor forgot to tighten up that left front suspension arm properly in the factory.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MetaJew posted:

I believe that's a jet ski.

Even better.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Man that seat would get so freakin hot...

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

D C posted:

I think they're relying on evaporative cooling from the piss soaking through your wetsuit.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

You Am I posted:

The idea of a TVR with that much power and knowing that TVR at that time hated electronic aids like traction control and ABS as well as airbags, sends a shiver down my spine. Knowing your luck you'd be hitting top speed as you realise that Trevor forgot to tighten up that left front suspension arm properly in the factory.

TVR: because blowing your head off with a shotgun isn't sporting enough

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

You Am I posted:

I like this bit:

Wikipedia posted:

In an interview then-owner Peter Wheeler, said that TVR had tried to record the car's power on an engine dyno. The dyno was rated at 1,000 bhp (750 kW) but the test resulted in its input shaft being broken. To get an approximate figure TVR engineers tested each bank individually; the result was 480 bhp (360 kW) per bank, suggesting a total rating of 960 bhp (720 kW). Wheeler, no newcomer to high performance cars and an experienced racer in the TVR Tuscan Challenge, drove one of the finished prototypes home and concluded that the car was unusable on the road, in his opinion simply too powerful.

The deposits were returned when the production plans were cancelled...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Peter Wheeler is the car world's Erik Buell. Crossed with a crack-addicted lunatic.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

D C posted:

Interesting tidbit I learned in Yamaha jetski class is that the entire engine including exhaust is water cooled with outside water and is designed so that at no point in the running of the engine should any engine part become too hot to touch with your hands.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Interesting tidbit I learned in Yamaha jetski class is that the entire engine including exhaust is water cooled with outside water and is designed so that at no point in the running of the engine should any engine part become too hot to touch with your hands.

Dunno how well that works with a turbo car engine swap, though.

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
gently caress I'd love a TVR ... a Sagaris specifically.

Living in Australia completely fucks that idea though ....

Here's my mates Gemini; he just lowered it, and put on the Simmons. Reminds me of a mini VK Commodore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, those are just great looking. Aus gets such great looking cars.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MetaJew posted:

I like this bit:

Pansy.

General Apathy
Apr 5, 2009

XtaC posted:

Here's my mates Gemini; he just lowered it, and put on the Simmons. Reminds me of a mini VK Commodore.

Reminds me of my old Gemini, though mine had a terrible satin black paint job I did in the backyard and is now a paddock basher with the V6 out of a Vn in it.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

angryhampster posted:

I thought I was the only person who enjoyed Death Proof.

Makes me kinda want a Nova...

Little late on the Death Proof love.

One scene that was cut from the theatrical release but re-added to the DVD release was filmed outside a rundown convenience store just a few blocks from my house. We were driving by and I noticed a bunch of beautiful yellow Mach 1s and flat black Novas with the 'Rubber Duck' on the hood parked out front but didn't know why as the film crew wasn't around yet. We came back by in time to see the burnout Russell's character does when he takes off. Those marks stayed on 620 for a couple years.

I was so disappointed when we went to the theater and that burnout was nowhere to be seen.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love that burnout because the cut to the shot is really awkward and poo poo looking and one of the few really jarring bits of the movie. The creepy foot scene is just amazing anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What the hell is that Honda/Mugen V8?