Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I wonder if DePace is happy that the free market decided he was expendable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
While the free market decided on the rest of the lazy staff, DePace was clearly censored for his anti-Obama viewpoints

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

While the free market decided on the rest of the lazy staff, DePace was clearly censored for his anti-Obama viewpoints

Howard is a member of the Illuminati after all.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Doug can get those baby clothes back from Shuli and pawn them for some cash.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

kylej posted:

Maybe Doug can get those baby clothes back from Shuli and pawn them for some cash.

He'll just sell the photographs of the World Trade Centers on 9/11 he took with the camera he stole that day.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I never thought I'd feel this way, but this clip made me miss John so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZetB0hII18

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

I never thought I'd feel this way, but this clip made me miss John so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZetB0hII18

Stuttering John thought he was such a badass and could push his new boss around. :laffo:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

prefect posted:

Stuttering John thought he was such a badass and could push his new boss around. :laffo:

This clip is great because you know if it were anyone other than Stuttering John getting fired, he'd be right there in the studio ripping them to pieces. But of course, John has to start whining like a baby because he's the butt of the joke.

Also, a one hour radio show is half of his salary?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

This clip is great because you know if it were anyone other than Stuttering John getting fired, he'd be right there in the studio ripping them to pieces. But of course, John has to start whining like a baby because he's the butt of the joke.

Also, a one hour radio show is half of his salary?

He answered phones for the Stern show, how much could that really pay? 30 hours a month on a huge radio station, I could totally buy it being half his salary.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Wasco Jr. posted:

I wonder if DePace is happy that the free market decided he was expendable

He's off somewhere working on an underwater utopia I'm sure.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlQyWngZjZM

Ugh.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

Holy Calamity! posted:

I enjoyed the bit this week where a caller asked Howard when the last time he had a meaningful conversation with Fred was. Apparently it was when they were both trapped in a blizzard sometime around 1983.

Also I really don't get the sense that a lot of things are "off limits". Callers poo poo on Howard schilling NSAL all the time.

Fred eating boiled hot dogs with nothing else was the funniest part of that story.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Man I miss the Iron Sheik sound drops (I gave up on the show after Artie "left") :(

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kragger99 posted:

Man I miss the Iron Sheik sound drops (I gave up on the show after Artie "left") :(

The original Sheik visit when he went on Ferrall was so much funnier because it wasn't forced. Still, that Howard one was good as well.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard Stern, in the year 2013, gave Richard Christy poo poo for taking time off work.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

-Atom- posted:

Howard Stern, in the year 2013, gave Richard Christy poo poo for taking time off work.

"Howard asked if he won the costume contest. Richard said he didn't. Howard said he's such an rear end in a top hat. Robin said he should have won if his make up was any good."

It's poo poo like this that's ridiculous and pisses me off. Nothing is worth doing if you're not making millions of dollars or getting awards for it. Nothing can be done for fun.

Unless, of course, it's chess or photography...

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Except Howard can pay for world class training to make himself feel like a talented chess player and photographer.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

"Howard asked if he won the costume contest. Richard said he didn't. Howard said he's such an rear end in a top hat. Robin said he should have won if his make up was any good."

It's poo poo like this that's ridiculous and pisses me off. Nothing is worth doing if you're not making millions of dollars or getting awards for it. Nothing can be done for fun.

Unless, of course, it's chess or photography...

I see what you're saying and I ultimately agree with that general sentiment, but Richard sat in makeup for six hours!

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 4, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
E:Excellent costumes lose to lovely low effort costumes all the time. Shady bar owners and drunk judges do not make for a good contest.

All of Howard's millions and all of his fame still don't make him as happy as Richard is just drinking pumpkin beer and playing dress up.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

-Atom- posted:

I see what you're saying and I ultimately agree with that general sentiment, but Richard sat in makeup for six hours for his costume!

But that would imply he did it to win the contest, which, from what we know about Richard, isn't true. He just likes being in cool zombie makeup. He would do it whether there was a contest or not.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"If you saw me with my guinea pig you'd know I was a good father."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

-Atom- posted:

He gave Fred a bunch of poo poo because he took a day off when his mother in law died and Howard didn't understand why he couldn't just hire a car service to drive his wife out to see her family.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Robin also thinks it's stupid to talk to your loved ones at their grave.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

EngineerJoe posted:

Robin also thinks it's stupid to talk to your loved ones at their grave.

And she never misses anyone.

Edit: God drat is Jon Hein a loving freak about food. I can understand if you don't use condiments on your burger because you think it takes away from the taste of the meat, but if you care that much about meat, why would you eat loving McDonald's burgers?

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 4, 2013

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well duh, Robin is cured. She has been since 1995.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Richard ball busting is so loving infuriating

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

How can Howard say that Eric the Midget is the most successful Wack Pack actor, given Beetlejuice's filmography?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1004025/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Indolent Bastard posted:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
E:Excellent costumes lose to lovely low effort costumes all the time. Shady bar owners and drunk judges do not make for a good contest.

All of Howard's millions and all of his fame still don't make him as happy as Richard is just drinking pumpkin beer and playing dress up.

Costume contests are mainly popularity contests, just depends on the crowd.

Richard sitting in 6 hours of make-up is called a costume party. You've never been to a costume party? You don't show up and take your costume off. You wear it all day, that is the point.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Stuttering John's daughter just won her homecoming (as half of a lesbian couple).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis/california-high-school-elects-lesbian-couple-as-homecoming-q

John actually seems like a decent dude here.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

This is really lame but I kinda have a feeling Howard merely gave a "No fag bits" edict and this is the result.

I mean, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3CqcAE4xXE&t=242s

I can see why he wouldn't want stuff like this played anymore. I doubt he had the iron shiek clips in mind if I'm correct in assuming a "no fag" rule for the tapes team.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml91z4ZcoE0

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manifest posted:

Stuttering John's daughter just won her homecoming (as half of a lesbian couple).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis/california-high-school-elects-lesbian-couple-as-homecoming-q

John actually seems like a decent dude here.

Holy poo poo.

So weird seeing the Stern Show guys grow old. Seems like yesterday this dude was talking about Niggerless Cage, now he's a wrinkly Californian supporting his daughter in high school.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

So am I the only one who thinks Arties new book makes him look really loving bad? Like I'm only up to him talking about the Rolling Stone interview, but he spent the entire first chapter completely shifting all over Teddy, and this one talking about how he was so high he almost slept through the photoshoot, that he spent the whole thing insulting the photographer, and then attacking the woman who wrote the actual article because obviously she had an axe to grind. I mean the first book made him look like a heinous gently caress up, but he was still kinda charming and lovable. This one just makes him seem like an evil spiteful rear end in a top hat who can't take any responsibility even in retrospect.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

So am I the only one who thinks Arties new book makes him look really loving bad? Like I'm only up to him talking about the Rolling Stone interview, but he spent the entire first chapter completely shifting all over Teddy, and this one talking about how he was so high he almost slept through the photoshoot, that he spent the whole thing insulting the photographer, and then attacking the woman who wrote the actual article because obviously she had an axe to grind. I mean the first book made him look like a heinous gently caress up, but he was still kinda charming and lovable. This one just makes him seem like an evil spiteful rear end in a top hat who can't take any responsibility even in retrospect.

He attacked the Rolling Stone woman again? Maybe that part of the book is partly/mostly transcripts of the poo poo he said on the air. He was really evil towards her and not in a good way.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

mrfreeze posted:

Artie was really bad. He's an unstoppable rear end in a top hat with money and addiction problems, but he is funny. I could listen to him all day and love his work, but if he was my friend that poo poo would probably get old fast, what with his ability to blame others for his action, put people into extremes of being demons or angels, his constant lying his idea that money and fame will save him from everything. He's probably not an easy person to be around.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Teddy never really struck me as a bad guy.

Probably an alcoholic, but never a bad guy.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Manifest posted:

Teddy never really struck me as a bad guy.

Probably an alcoholic, but never a bad guy.

One of the best parts of the book is when Teddy was smoking pot with Sarah Silverman at the Playboy mansion where Artie was doing a set, then couldn't stop laughing at Artie after he bombed AND split his pants on stage.

I don't think Teddy was a very good assistant, but then again, being an assistant to a guy as hosed up as Artie was nothing but a losing proposition.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

jerkstore77 posted:

One of the best parts of the book is when Teddy was smoking pot with Sarah Silverman at the Playboy mansion where Artie was doing a set, then couldn't stop laughing at Artie after he bombed AND split his pants on stage.

I don't think Teddy was a very good assistant, but then again, being an assistant to a guy as hosed up as Artie was nothing but a losing proposition.

He also mentions later how he managed to run off 4 assistants in as many months because they refused to get him drugs.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Anyone hoping Howard's birthday thing bombs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sean_Miller posted:

Anyone hoping Howard's birthday thing bombs?

If Howard is organizing it it'll probably suck but if Jimmy Kimmel is then I think it'll be pretty fun. The man knows how to throw a party.