Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Ugh.. checked on my Juggernaut team during lunch and lost 51 points.

In other news, the devs quietly fixed my missing Storm Classic yellow cover problem! They just gifted me one a little while ago without saying a word. I didn't even bitch, I just wrote in to see if there was an option for finding one that I was overlooking since it doesn't seem to be on the shop and I was afraid I had lost my only option, and a day later it showed up. Great service, really appreciate it when they look out for their player base. I'll have to throw some money at them the next time there is a coin bonus or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Proof that I hate myself and am a shameless whore for ISO points : I have clawed my way to 1200 points in SHIELD Training.

The reward for 1200 points, 10th place overall? Hawkeye Classic.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Kravdraa posted:

How does the game actually determine who gets the credit for an environment match? I've been trying this out, it worked with my min level Bagman and Hawkeye (M), but not with Magneto (MN), where levelled Wolverine would jump in there instead.

Whoever is in the center of your team on the launch screen gets credit for environment matches.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Kalman posted:

Whoever is in the center of your team on the launch screen gets credit for environment matches.

I thought it was whomever had the highest critical multiplier. Are you sure? I have thor as the middle of my team, but Daken is the one who destroys the environment tiles.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

delfin posted:

Proof that I hate myself and am a shameless whore for ISO points : I have clawed my way to 1200 points in SHIELD Training.

The reward for 1200 points, 10th place overall? Hawkeye Classic.

The reason I quit paying attention to SHIELD training.txt

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fritzler posted:

I thought it was whomever had the highest critical multiplier. Are you sure? I have thor as the middle of my team, but Daken is the one who destroys the environment tiles.

It's definitely not highest crit - I was running Cstorm, Loki, Thor (Loki on center on launch) and Thor has higher crit than Loki, but Loki got environment tiles.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

New Leaf posted:

In other news, the devs quietly fixed my missing Storm Classic yellow cover problem! They just gifted me one a little while ago without saying a word. I didn't even bitch, I just wrote in to see if there was an option for finding one that I was overlooking since it doesn't seem to be on the shop and I was afraid I had lost my only option, and a day later it showed up. Great service, really appreciate it when they look out for their player base. I'll have to throw some money at them the next time there is a coin bonus or something.

That's really cool of them, I'm really digging this game and the team behind it. I have the same issue with wolverine yellow so I might shoot them a message just to see what happens, is it still agreed the best way of reaching them is with an outside email over using the message button in the app?

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Looks like they "fixed the classic storm back and forth team nukes"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

FINALLY got my whole real FB account/fake FB account mess straightened out and now I'm ready to jump in on this! https://www.facebook.com/julet.esqu

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've done testing on and off but it seems like it just uses eldritch magic. Some people when boosted have more than 3 match score, so they win - but when everyone's on 3 it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest critical, and it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest or lowest level, or whoever's in a specific place on the team, or whoever the highest star is. About the only consistent thing I've seen is it always goes to a guest character if you have one.

For instance, I made a team out of level 1 Hawkeye (4.5x), 24 M.Magneto (3.2x) and 38 X-Force Wolverine (4x). Wolverine got the match, regardless of where he was positioned - if I swapped him out for a 25 Yelena (4x), Hawkeye got the match. If I substituted in a level 9 M.Hawkeye (4.5x), Wolverine kept the match. If I swapped in a level 14 Astonishing Wolverine (4x), Wolverine kept the match.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
So why isn't it the person who gets the biggest Environment number spider man classic is 4 at lvl 15 every one else I have is 3.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Here is what I really want to know... When are they going to add The Hulk?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghostlight posted:

I've done testing on and off but it seems like it just uses eldritch magic. Some people when boosted have more than 3 match score, so they win - but when everyone's on 3 it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest critical, and it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest or lowest level, or whoever's in a specific place on the team, or whoever the highest star is. About the only consistent thing I've seen is it always goes to a guest character if you have one.

For instance, I made a team out of level 1 Hawkeye (4.5x), 24 M.Magneto (3.2x) and 38 X-Force Wolverine (4x). Wolverine got the match, regardless of where he was positioned - if I swapped him out for a 25 Yelena (4x), Hawkeye got the match. If I substituted in a level 9 M.Hawkeye (4.5x), Wolverine kept the match. If I swapped in a level 14 Astonishing Wolverine (4x), Wolverine kept the match.

My Daken was getting environment tiles over the guest Spider-man on one of the venom levels. But that only happened once out of two or three runs using the exact same team.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Could it be related to remaining health of a team member? Someone at 100% HP would get an environment tile over injured teammates, maybe? I haven't tested this at all, just wondering - my guest teammates generally get environment tiles, and I generally am not matching for their attacks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've never seen it change within a fight without a KO - it's always picked someone and stayed with them until they're dead. I basically just idly tried to find an exception for every rule I could think of and figured it was either a combination of stats that determined ties or just their internal ID.

Fallorn posted:

So why isn't it the person who gets the biggest Environment number spider man classic is 4 at lvl 15 every one else I have is 3.
It has been every time I've seen it - I think the last time Yelena was boosted she got like a 6 tile bonus and she was selected every time, but she was also boosted so maybe that was it. I don't have a C.Spider-man or anybody else who has more than a natural 3 :smith:

JHVH-1 posted:

Here is what I really want to know... When are they going to add The Hulk?
I'm quite curious what their character schedule looks like - the variants like Model 40, Bag-Man, Classic/Modern show that theoretically anything is up for grabs which is really cool, but there's still some core Dark Avengers characters that are missing and I'm wondering if they're holding them for a 'Chapter One' tab, and if so how far away it is.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

I'm quite curious what their character schedule looks like - the variants like Model 40, Bag-Man, Classic/Modern show that theoretically anything is up for grabs which is really cool, but there's still some core Dark Avengers characters that are missing and I'm wondering if they're holding them for a 'Chapter One' tab, and if so how far away it is.

IceX on their forums said that the red ISO event was basically 'chapter one', and speculated that chapter two might be ready to go as soon as R42.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spider-Man! Stop webbing me! Oh god this is the worst! :cry:

I'm really glad I levelled up Astonishing Wolverine though. He heals up 100hp a turn now, and can basically come out of a fight without a scratch on him, otherwise its easily healed up by going through easy pve missions.

Just gotta watch out for Juggernaut or Thor mashing him into paste though.

I also want to level Cap up. He's a pretty good controlly tank once he's got a good base of AP to work with.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 6, 2013

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
I've been using level 24 bullseye as my third with Iron Man L50 and Classic Storm L51, he goes to the front on black and purple tile matches to soak a little damage and potentially to take special attacks to trigger Raging Storm since he's cheap to level up at the moment but the purple ability really helps mitigate a lot of the small trickle of damage from matches as I set up my special attacks. I don't even need to match the purple ones and waste a move - often the enemy will do it for me.

The opponents I'm seeing in the Juggernaut event seem a lot more leveled, even the Venom versus they were pretty leveled too. I rarely see a low level team for some easy ISO. I'm wondering if some kind of hidden match making rating from previous tournaments is putting me with harder opponents, or the average level of my guys or it's just random bad luck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chuds McGreedy posted:

That's really cool of them, I'm really digging this game and the team behind it. I have the same issue with wolverine yellow so I might shoot them a message just to see what happens, is it still agreed the best way of reaching them is with an outside email over using the message button in the app?

Yes, I've had to message them for 2 issues and the in-game thing never works. I always email from the Google Play page for the game.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WetSpink posted:

I've been using level 24 bullseye as my third with Iron Man L50 and Classic Storm L51, he goes to the front on black and purple tile matches to soak a little damage and potentially to take special attacks to trigger Raging Storm since he's cheap to level up at the moment but the purple ability really helps mitigate a lot of the small trickle of damage from matches as I set up my special attacks. I don't even need to match the purple ones and waste a move - often the enemy will do it for me.

The opponents I'm seeing in the Juggernaut event seem a lot more leveled, even the Venom versus they were pretty leveled too. I rarely see a low level team for some easy ISO. I'm wondering if some kind of hidden match making rating from previous tournaments is putting me with harder opponents, or the average level of my guys or it's just random bad luck.

I think people that play the game in general are getting more leveled up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MeramJert posted:

I think people that play the game in general are getting more leveled up.

Unless you're a Saudi prince, you're not pumping enough money into this game to get substantially skilled/leveled rares. So what do you have that you can level up and is worth leveling? Thor, Storm Classic, and whatever's getting buffed/is mandatory in a tourney.

Since they've done things with tourneys like "Venom mandatory" and "all 1-star chars" I suggest spreading your ISO around instead of maxing the same guys everyone else is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont put your eggs in one basket. But dont put them in too many baskets, you still want some decently levelled dudes. The 1-star tournament was definitely one of the better ones though. This free for all seems okay, no gimmicks dominating either, unlike the Venom tournament. Lets never do that again.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

delfin posted:

Unless you're a Saudi prince, you're not pumping enough money into this game to get substantially skilled/leveled rares. So what do you have that you can level up and is worth leveling? Thor, Storm Classic, and whatever's getting buffed/is mandatory in a tourney.

Since they've done things with tourneys like "Venom mandatory" and "all 1-star chars" I suggest spreading your ISO around instead of maxing the same guys everyone else is.

Well a couple weeks ago I was seeing everyone with level 20 something Iron Man in all the events, but now basically everyone has at least a level 30 Iron Man plus a few 30-50 uncommon characters at minimum. It will probably keep going up. The guys with a level 200 X-Force Wolverine are an anomaly.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Mostly because the recent changes to the leveling system made it so that I can't just edit the characters level up to 200 and have to do it manually using hacked ISO. poo poo takes forever.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kravdraa posted:

How does the game actually determine who gets the credit for an environment match? I've been trying this out, it worked with my min level Bagman and Hawkeye (M), but not with Magneto (MN), where levelled Wolverine would jump in there instead.

Edit: pretty sure they were all in the same slot.

When things go right, it's awesome, of course, you get close to a flawless victory (except for Bagman). It's surprising how often there just aren't any enviro matches, though, or the AI does too little damage, or something else goes wrong...

I have no idea, except that it's literally always been my weakest dude. I run someone that hits hard + classic storm + a throwaway and the weak link is always the environmental tile breaker. Maybe it's hp based or something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My snooze crew are a 50 Thor, and level 40 IM and Wolvie. Hopefully that scares off most people trying to attack me.

Embarassingly, I got my rear end kicked by a level 20 IM, MStorm and Black Widow team. Once Storm gets those lightning storms going, its super powers everywhere and Black Widow stunning my rear end to sleep all the time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kharmakazy posted:

Mostly because the recent changes to the leveling system made it so that I can't just edit the characters level up to 200 and have to do it manually using hacked ISO. poo poo takes forever.

How do the leveling costs scale? Like how much iso does it take to go from 99 to 100?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MeramJert posted:

How do the leveling costs scale? Like how much iso does it take to go from 99 to 100?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

My snooze crew are a 50 Thor, and level 40 IM and Wolvie. Hopefully that scares off most people trying to attack me.

Embarassingly, I got my rear end kicked by a level 20 IM, MStorm and Black Widow team. Once Storm gets those lightning storms going, its super powers everywhere and Black Widow stunning my rear end to sleep all the time.

I always go and try and take out anyone who can do team damage like Storm or stun moves before I touch anyone else for those reasons. Black Widow has been a good backer to Juggernauts power slams. Then I toss in either one of my newer covers that aren't as leveled up (capt america, magento, wolverine) or Thor.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That's the way I've been doing it too. Isolate Storm Classic (if she's present) enough hits until MY Storm Classic will demolish her with the help from a level 1 Iron-Man or whatever 175 - 400hp cover that will take a 20% matched tile lick from the enemy team when I match environment tiles.

All your two-star and under unleveled covers can do this trick.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I didn't realize this until now, but the costs are different depending on how many stars the hero is. This 1525 cost is for 3 star or 4 star heroes?

It looks like 1 star heroes start out at 100 iso to level up and the cost increases by 20 for every additional level.

2 star heroes are approximately, but not exactly, 100 iso cheaper to upgrade at any given level. This is probably because they start out at level 6, which costs 200 iso to upgrade a 1 star hero from. This approximately 100 less on any given level thing holds at least out to level 50, which is the highest level character I currently have.

But 3 star heroes seem to be on a different scale. I've only collected data for levels 15-25 on one of those, as I can't level up any 3 star heroes beyond that. The cost is 93, 212, 212, 214, 215, 226, 249, 249, 288, and 301. This is scaling differently, and if I plug in 1525 for level 99 to 100, it's pretty clear that these heroes upgrade costs scale a lot better.

I wonder how the costs were determined.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there a way to set which characters are defending while I'm not playing? Or does it just assign the highest level guys?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SynthOrange posted:

I've noticed that the computer loves to use Iron Man's Yellow ability over Thor's, so maybe putting them together isn't the greatest plan. You'd have to find someone else who doesn't have a cheaper yellow power, of course. I'm rolling with Thor, Classic Storm/Black Widow, and usually Venom so the purple and black tiles actually have a use. Besides, those 4 ap baby stuns really add up quick when you're trying to fill up on the important colors and keep their stunner in check.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Is there a way to set which characters are defending while I'm not playing? Or does it just assign the highest level guys?

Your last played team for that tournament. Each tournament records a different team, so your SHIELD training has one, your FFA matches have your last played one for that, etc.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else notice that sometimes the computer will do nothing for many turns, then in one turn just unleash every loving ability they've got? I tend to use my powers almost immediately depending on the situation.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Keep an eye on the AI's AP count. Also expect stuff to blow up after they get huge cascades. I tend to keep my stuns and other misc powers for those situations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else notice that sometimes the computer will do nothing for many turns, then in one turn just unleash every loving ability they've got? I tend to use my powers almost immediately depending on the situation.

I've never seen this happen. I've only ever see the powers come out instantly as soon as they have the ap, except in the case where they get a big cascade and then I'll get thor hammered two turns in a row.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Fake Facebook account created: https://www.facebook.com/fakie.pell

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

New Leaf posted:

I also don't think I've ever seen an AI sit on powers when they're charged.

I do it all the time though - Thor's red ability especially. If the opponent has high HP, there's not much value in immediately knocking off 600 or so, but build it up for two or three uses and you drop 10-15 yellows on the board at once, giving more free matches. Even better if you also have Classic Storm's green charged by then too, since then you can take even more yellows and use Thor's yellow for ~3k in one turn. Pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm considering getting the title changed to 'Nothing can stop the Juggernaut from killing Bag-Man'