Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Are there specific apartments you need to have to get the riot van into? I tried for almost an hour this morning and failed miserably I can't remember which apartment I have but its the one near the big construction building it holds 10 cars I think its a luxury apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

Hey if anyone in STRS or Goon Street could help me with a high-value car/some race wins, I would appreciate it. GT: Rev Feltcher

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Anyone in Bad Sport Hell want to trade Criminal Records wins?

PSN: FrontlineKhan

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013

Kelly posted:

Are the apartments at Weazel Towers luxury apartments, with heist rooms? They have 10 car garages, but it doesn't say about the heist room.

All of the 10 car garages have a heist room. It will be the small office to the left of the door.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Can anyone elaborate more on the process of "baiting" tanks out of the base and stealing them ?

Someone mentioned a cliff to the north overlooking the base. I think I found a good spot, about to give it a go.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Are people getting the Rockstar money yet? Do you have to login to the game to get it (because I didn't see it on the SocialClub site)?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Ditto, I spend 90% of my time doing races, I'm at level 30 and only starting to get close to being able to buy the cheapest apartment (I keep getting distracted by car customization or I'd have one already). I step into free roam and it's crazy. Once they fix the glitch, I am sure they will wipe the characters of those who exploited it, or at least wipe their possessions and money. If they don't, they are going to alienate a huge portion of their fanbase, it's very frustrating seeing prompts to buy money when you are broke knowing there are people who cheated their way to billions. I can't understand the thinking of people who think Rockstar will do nothing, it will be very easy for them to deduce who is glitching and it will be good for their pocketbooks to take the cheat money away.

There's usually at least a third of every game I join dicking around at an LSC. Either glitching, or killing glitchers. There is most certainly a sizable part of the user base doing it, and banning them is pretty much a lock that those people stop playing and they lose out on future DLC money for stuff

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Won my first legit goon race by slipstreaming behind an Entity then slingshotting my Voltic forward at the last second. Super fun.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

CappyBottoms posted:

Are there specific apartments you need to have to get the riot van into? I tried for almost an hour this morning and failed miserably I can't remember which apartment I have but its the one near the big construction building it holds 10 cars I think its a luxury apartment.

I was finally able to get the riot van into my garage after I ripped off the driver's side door and parked the van sideways. The passenger side of the van should be as close as possible to the garage door, and the driver's side should be facing the street. After I parked it this way, it only took a couple of tries to get it in.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

THE MACHO MAN posted:

There's usually at least a third of every game I join dicking around at an LSC. Either glitching, or killing glitchers. There is most certainly a sizable part of the user base doing it, and banning them is pretty much a lock that those people stop playing and they lose out on future DLC money for stuff

All of the online DLC is going to be free so there's no revenue stream lost there (aside from Shark cards). The only paid DLC will be single-player stuff.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

All of the 10 car garages have a heist room. It will be the small office to the left of the door.

Awesome - thanks! For something which appears to be integral to the future of the game, you'd think they would mention that.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

spregalia posted:

All of the online DLC is going to be free so there's no revenue stream lost there (aside from Shark cards). The only paid DLC will be single-player stuff.

I thought it was that base GTAO and this first DLC were definitely free, and no solid news on the rest?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why would you want to? Drift everywhere, all the time. :rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8

Except it's a little more like this. (Added bonus: forums user The Joe Man narrates)

I can confirm my stimulus payment as well. Just got a pop-up saying Rockstar credited $500001 to my account. I wonder what the 1 was for.

titties fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 6, 2013

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Can anyone elaborate more on the process of "baiting" tanks out of the base and stealing them ?

Someone mentioned a cliff to the north overlooking the base. I think I found a good spot, about to give it a go.

Yep, just zoom in on the base and if you see a tank, shoot it and it only, 2-3 tanks will come out to chase you and you can steal one of those

If you don't see one within a couple minutes then drop to single player and join a new online session

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I thought it was that base GTAO and this first DLC were definitely free, and no solid news on the rest?

I had read somewhere all of it, but that could be wrong.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What's the best car to buy for under 100k total including mods?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ I don't think you can buy a car and fully mod it for under $100k..?

Intrepid00 posted:

How are people finding people lsc glitching. I never see it.

It seems to help but not by tons on survival and freeroam. I think you also get full health when it clicks. When I hit 40/100 I started surviving shots with sliver of health that would normally kill.
It's pretty obvious, look for a lonely LSC, watch a white dot race to it at high speed, go inside, turn into a circle-slash (means they're in a menu" then they leave the game. A lot of the time when they swap character they end up in the same freeroam, so you just put something in front of the door and wait for a minute or so. Most of them seem too focused on getting phat staxx of lewt to actually notice that there's someone standing around outside their LSC.

The LSC nearest to Weazel is probably the most popular, the one in the canal/trainyards area by Lester is probably the second most popular, and the one nearest to the airport is the easiest one to blow up people's cars with gas because they tend to respawn on the far side of the building, overlooking the ocean.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The ignition bomb and parking outside the LSC almost always works. I was doubtful at first, but it never failed me and it's funny as hell.

My new favorite thing is taking a chopper and landing it on top of the building to the left of the LSC downtown. You can snipe a few blocks in most directions, including people that want to get into the LSC.

Some dudes the other day were trying to do some unofficial racing or whatever I guess and I kept sniping them. Eventually one of them sent me a message asking me nicely not to kill them any more, which I promptly ignored. Man I don't give a poo poo, I'd kill my own mother if she played GTA online.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ravenkult posted:

The ignition bomb and parking outside the LSC almost always works. I was doubtful at first, but it never failed me and it's funny as hell.

When you plant a car bomb, do you use a fancy sports car or just a beater parked in front of the door?

coyo7e posted:

The LSC nearest to Weazel is probably the most popular, the one in the canal/trainyards area by Lester is probably the second most popular, and the one nearest to the airport is the easiest one to blow up people's cars with gas because they tend to respawn on the far side of the building, overlooking the ocean.

I don't even bother with the mid town one unless I want to harass pubbies/get killed over and over again while I try to escape from pubbies. The canal LSC has a ton of exits and cover, and you can get to it fast from the other side of the river.

Edit also were they going to make it so cargo bobs spawn again above level whatever? I want to hide cars on roofs and drop fuel tanks on people but I don't want to start over for it

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 6, 2013

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

ravenkult posted:

My new favorite thing is taking a chopper and landing it on top of the building to the left of the LSC downtown. You can snipe a few blocks in most directions, including people that want to get into the LSC.

Some dudes the other day were trying to do some unofficial racing or whatever I guess and I kept sniping them. Eventually one of them sent me a message asking me nicely not to kill them any more, which I promptly ignored. Man I don't give a poo poo, I'd kill my own mother if she played GTA online.

He gets points for being polite at least.

The past couple days I've been posting up at people's personal cars and taking cover while getting the police to shoot at me. Anywhere a helicopter spawns and the insurance company building are the best places. Bonus if the leave the car so you can drive it - that way, they take notice of their car being on the move and they come to investigate.

Best way to wreck someone's car without the BS warning. I got the police to destroy someone's car yesterday with no warning.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
If I want to get a tank in my garage should I just buy one of the easy ones like Weazel Plaza? I've been trying mine (Richards Majestic) with no luck.

Also I'm down to chill with PS3 goons. Add Backup_Snacks.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Well, I just got my stimulus from Rockstar. Which apartment should I buy?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

spregalia posted:

They came out and said that there will be no single player stuff. TBOGT and DLaD sold poorly and they aren't doing it again. All expansions for V will be in support of Online. It was covered in this thread a month or so ago.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Has anyone who received the stimulus been glitching or "cheating" in anyway? I'm curious if they will give it to people they've deemed as cheats.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So, has anyone figured out a way to delete old Snapmatic photos to free up space? I looked all over my feed on the Social Club site and couldn't figure out a way to get rid of my older ones.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Apparition posted:

Well, I just got my stimulus from Rockstar. Which apartment should I buy?

I? If the answer is no my fellow patriot I would suggest Weazel Plaza.

coyo7e posted:

I'll admit that one time I recommended that this guy go shake his baby until it quit crying. He was a dick yelling at his wife/girlfriend about shutting the kid up, though.

I'm glad my father waited till I went to bed to play GTA III, or when I was older let me watch but explained to me why crime was bad. Thinking about it he did a pretty good job explaining the horrors of that game to me without scaring me or censoring me into blindness.

I recall him explaining to me 8-Ball's name and its meaning and then him talking about dead comedians.

titties posted:

I can confirm my stimulus payment as well. Just got a pop-up saying Rockstar credited $500001 to my account. I wonder what the 1 was for.

You have been marked.

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

One love to THE TRUE QUAID a true prophet of Jah The Most High! Bombaclots we burn dem BIG UP!

cka
May 3, 2004

T1g4h posted:

So, has anyone figured out a way to delete old Snapmatic photos to free up space? I looked all over my feed on the Social Club site and couldn't figure out a way to get rid of my older ones.

It's buried away in your pause menu somewhere. I don't know if it removes them from the social club but it seems to remove them locally so you can take more pictures.

e: under "Gallery" in the pause menu

cka fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 6, 2013

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Rapdawg posted:

I? If the answer is no my fellow patriot I would suggest Weazel Plaza.

I'm glad my father waited till I went to bed to play GTA III, or when I was older let me watch but explained to me why crime was bad. Thinking about it he did a pretty good job explaining the horrors of that game to me without scaring me or censoring me into blindness.

I recall him explaining to me 8-Ball's name and its meaning and then him talking about dead comedians.

You have been marked.

If the answer to what is no?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

titties posted:

I got $500001 too. Has anyone that got straight $500k done the car glitch?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
drat, finally met up with some Kroo members last night only to have weird lag stuff hit me. Sorry guys. Screwed me out of a mission as well, when random cars would just appear in front of me on the road.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

BitBasher posted:

They came out and said that there will be no single player stuff. TBOGT and DLaD sold poorly and they aren't doing it again. All expansions for V will be in support of Online. It was covered in this thread a month or so ago.

People just keep assuming there wont be any single player dlc for some reason.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update
Right at the bottom here. "We will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks."

Rubbergoose
Jul 13, 2006

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Yep.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

BitBasher posted:

That would be a bummer if true. In terms of stuff since GTAIV, Undead Nightmare was pretty meaty, and I liked the extra L.A. Noire cases.

jmorelli
Feb 24, 2010

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I got the 500,001 too using glitch. Wonder if it truly is a mark. Can't be good.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Got my 500k, spent it almost immediately and another 180k on a Monroe and mods. 2 more spots in my garage left for a tailgater and an off-road from the beach bum dlc!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Y’all are being paranoid about the extra dollar.

What you should really be afraid of is that 1.05 might have added code to recognise people doing the glitch and secretly flag their account.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Finally broke down & glitched my way into an entity. Haven't received my 500K yet but I'm interested to see if I get an extra $1 :ohdear:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Populon posted:

People just keep assuming there wont be any single player dlc for some reason.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update
Right at the bottom here. "We will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks."

Oh you mean like the tomahawk and the explosive rifle in RDR? Since those were multiplayer and singleplayer DLC's that just added items and nothing else to single player. This is what the upcomming beach bum pack will undoubtedly be. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonbox
Apr 9, 2009
Well ive found out how to (semi)reliably win some races. Just find Cosbonaut when he/she is a bit drunk and take adavantage.

(thanks for letting me win :ssh:)

• Locked thread