Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The final nail in the Xbone's coffin has been hammered in for me. Would you gentlemen like to continue our Forza 4 SAEG shenanigans?

e: sudden realisation that the regular schedule would actually mean we'd be racing tonight. If you're free I'll see you guys at 9pm :britain: time (1h 40m from now).

Jarf fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There is now talk amongst the high-ranking members of GTCC to do GT Legends, which is 8 bucks on Steam, has twice as many tracks as Forza 5 and allows you to use USB devices.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ringo Star Get posted:

There is now talk amongst the high-ranking members of GTCC to do GT Legends, which is 8 bucks on Steam, has twice as many tracks as Forza 5 and allows you to use USB devices.

Sounds like a deal, but I'll still be a member of the controller master race for a while.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Wow, those Forza 5 car and track lists :psyduck:

I guess the idea is to make about 150 dollars on DLC?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

Woah, I've never even heard of this game, it looks awsome.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Ringo Star Get posted:

It's even cheaper here.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Basticle posted:

Woah, I've never even heard of this game, it looks awsome.

I remember looking at these a while back but the same company has like a dozen of these racing games on what seems to be the same engine released within a few years of each other and I couldn't figure out which did what. I'm going to blame it on the titles or the number of boxes not translating properly from European.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I was talking to Jarf about this. As Forza 5 doesn't look so appealing anymore, how about us Forza 4 clubs form a combined club?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Falken posted:

I was talking to Jarf about this. As Forza 5 doesn't look so appealing anymore, how about us Forza 4 clubs form a combined club?

I would be ok with that, as there are probably less than 100 people who still play semi-regularly.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Falken posted:

I'm OK with that, maybe do a big weekend of racing to kick off the new goon racing league?
GIRL(Goon International Racin League!)

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

A combined club sounds like a good idea now. My only suggestion would be having one person from each of the existing clubs as co-leader so that they can send out invites to everyone from the previous... 3? 4?

It'll be nice to have some full Rivals leaderboards too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

GIRL works! Also we had some good racing last night, lobbies still filling up, with the occasional unfortunate dickhole who needs to drive around the track backwards.

There are racing games which combat this by forcing a car to retire if it's been driving around the circuit the wrong way for too long. Why Forza has never had this I don't know.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ugh girl? realy? Thats not my prefered pronoun.

But seriously yeah sign me up as soon as I get a chance to renew my xbl, as long as you dont hold the races at moon hours for us europeans.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
GIRL is kinda lame but whatever, count me in (GT: whatcubed3) to be a possible co-leader from AUGR, which I've been the leader of for some time now.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

GIRL is kinda lame but whatever, count me in (GT: whatcubed3) to be a possible co-leader from AUGR, which I've been the leader of for some time now.

What about SICK because of all the insanely sick raceing we do?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

bald and fail II posted:

What about SICK because of all the insanely sick raceing we do?

Yeah girls is pretty naff imho; my two pence/cents/euro cents:

[SARS] / [TURD] / [YIFF] / [HEIL] / [LADS] / [£my:] (pound my colon :hurr:) / [MEME] / and any other number of terrible four letter words

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Scatterfold posted:

[SARS] / [TURD] / [YIFF] / [HEIL] / [LADS] / [£my:] (pound my colon :hurr:) / [MEME] / and any other number of terrible four letter words

These are all better than girl,

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Scatterfold posted:

[£my:] (pound my colon :hurr:)
Haha

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

EAGR

Euro American Goon Racing

Sorry, everyone in Africa, Australia and Asia.

WGRL

World Goon Racing League

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I like EAGR cos it sounds like eager. Eager racers :3:

Shame about Forza 5.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

I would like to join this club whatever it's name. Anyone racing tonight/this afternoon?

GT: Tommy SA

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvFOsszlPM

It's a drat good thing I don't race in cockpit view or I'd have soiled my flame retardant racing suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4gZ4b9lTE

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

We could always try to resurrect LLJK as well, if we can find out who is the leader. In any case, I'm down for joining whatever the new condensed club is, since I also won't be playing Forza 5.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I'd be down for a condensed club. I'm also on the "No Xbone" bandwagon.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Cannot Find Server posted:

We could always try to resurrect LLJK as well, if we can find out who is the leader. In any case, I'm down for joining whatever the new condensed club is, since I also won't be playing Forza 5.

I was thinking LLJK too...

Whatever is cool though. I know I don't play a lot, but I like the option to be there :)

gt = speedt3k

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I went back in the thread and found the guy who started the LLJK club and sent him a PM, we'll see what happens.

e: Ok so the guy got back to me and some time this weekend I'll get control of LLJK. If you guys DONT want to use LLJK as the main club, let me know. Otherwise, get ready for a shakeup starting this weekend.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 8, 2013

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

This means anyone that leaves AUGR for LLJK will also have their cars removed from the garage right? :ohdear:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bentai posted:

This means anyone that leaves AUGR for LLJK will also have their cars removed from the garage right? :ohdear:

We can just re-add them to LLJK. I plan on doing that for all the unicorns.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I went back in the thread and found the guy who started the LLJK club and sent him a PM, we'll see what happens.

e: Ok so the guy got back to me and some time this weekend I'll get control of LLJK. If you guys DONT want to use LLJK as the main club, let me know. Otherwise, get ready for a shakeup starting this weekend.

I was planning on starting EAGR this weekend with the plan of having a member from each club as a co-founder. That is if nobody took the initiative beforehand.

Personally I'd much rather go with a new club, should ensure that we have a more active member list.

e: However I'm not the most reliable when it comes to showing up to events soooooooooooo... DEMOCRACY!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Going with LLJK, I'd assume that once whatcubed takes over, he'll kick out all the old LLJK members anyway and accept everyone from AUGR and SAEG that applies to ensure that the members are all active.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

A new communal garage sounds very nice.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Going with LLJK, I'd assume that once whatcubed takes over, he'll kick out all the old LLJK members anyway and accept everyone from AUGR and SAEG that applies to ensure that the members are all active.

This sounds like a good idea to me! Less responsibility for me is always a good idea.

I'm gonna feel dirty dropping my exclusive classy European SAEG for a run of the mill commoner club like "LLJK" :monocle: (I'm jesting of course, don't take offence anybody!)

We can all share our specs as well, that should be interesting. We gots Clios and we gots Datsuns!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah what he said. I'm planning on kicking every person, then anyone who wants to be added can be. I'll take a co-leader from each of the other clubs.

This will be particularly fun for people like me who love the leaderboards and rivals events.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This will be particularly fun for people like me who love the leaderboards and rivals events.

Maybe more people will join us in our insane quest to set relatively competitive leaderboard times on every track in every class :unsmigghh:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 8, 2013

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Ohhh ... those are my favorite bits of Forza'ing. I'm an admittedly terrible racer who never seems to keep the same hours as everyone else. But ... I'm a decent enough lapper, when I get into it, and love seeing a big wall o' times.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm already in LLJK, so if you could just leave me alone, that'd be swell. GT: Qres

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I've forgotten if I need to drop out of AUGR before I can get another club invite. Is that right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A few weeks ago, Basticle had a weird bug while we were playing online that I'd never heard of before while he was trying to enter his garage in an online lobby. Today I got the same one!

I swear this game has some kind of planned obsolescence built into it to try and force people to buy Forza 5, between this weird poo poo and the increasingly common hardlocks.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A few weeks ago, Basticle had a weird bug while we were playing online that I'd never heard of before while he was trying to enter his garage in an online lobby. Today I got the same one!

I swear this game has some kind of planned obsolescence built into it to try and force people to buy Forza 5, between this weird poo poo and the increasingly common hardlocks.

Yours is slightly different. You dont appear to have anything but the background lines

I had more stuff on the bottom and left of the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karfolian
Dec 30, 2008
So I've always been an avid Forza 4 player but I've finally run out of friends who play. If you guys happen to form a new ultimate goon racing club I'd love to join up. Wouldn't consider myself a champion racer but a great casual racer.
GT: Freshcutbacon

• Locked thread