Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

delfin posted:

You have to quit the app entirely (like, load something else to take up memory) and reload it for the changes to pop up. It's like when they changed the one mission in Unstable ISO.

Finally had a Daken show up and I'm not sure I'm keeping him. Wolverine X-Force, Black Widow Grey Suit and Daken are on the 1-skill bubble.

Doom, on the other hand, is at 2/3 and climbing and has some promise.

I really wish I had a Doom. He seems really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got two dooms last night, so I can level him to 18. He's okayish but the lack of cards and the level cap going along with that will probably limit his usage.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

https://www.facebook.com/norm.deguerre.75

Just added myself to the Google Doc. Fake account, I'll be sending out invites momentarily.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man that was an intense round. Rank >100 people kept taking 30-40 points from me. And if I fought then again I would get a whooping 8. I would avoid low rank people next time.

Craaap I meant to finish in the 26-50 rank but I got rank 25 :negative:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm back to jonesing for Thor covers again, as well as Classic Storm. They're both stuck at level 53 while everyone else seems to have their Thors in the 70's. Is it sheer luck or are they all whales?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found Thors often enough to be able to get mine up to 80. Once I've enough Iso. Oh god so much iso I will need.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Gallow posted:

I'm back to jonesing for Thor covers again, as well as Classic Storm. They're both stuck at level 53 while everyone else seems to have their Thors in the 70's. Is it sheer luck or are they all whales?

I've gotten a decent number of Classic Storms from regular recruit tokens (even sold a couple of greens because I'd much rather max out the other two colours). Thor, however, eludes me - I think I need another three or four covers to make him decent (that and insane amounts of ISO, of course).

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

How have you guys been getting Astonishing Wolvie covers? I've only got mine to like 2/1/1 :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got 2/3/5. I got two more reds after that, but I sold them because it's the green power I want levelled up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got all mine from standard recruit tokens and that one mission in the Dark Avengers chapter.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Somewhat tempted to make a bad decision for short term gains on my Storm, she's capped at level 61 at the moment and I'm 3/4/3 at the moment with a green cover available. I know green isn't really her strongest ability but I think that rank 5 of yellow just gives more red AP, not more damage so a 4/5/4 build seems somewhat viable. Has anyone got that page of what abilities do at different ranks handy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's in the OP. :smith:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

It's in the OP. :smith:

Gosh, Reading that I almost want to go 5/4/4

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

WetSpink posted:

Somewhat tempted to make a bad decision for short term gains on my Storm, she's capped at level 61 at the moment and I'm 3/4/3 at the moment with a green cover available. I know green isn't really her strongest ability but I think that rank 5 of yellow just gives more red AP, not more damage so a 4/5/4 build seems somewhat viable. Has anyone got that page of what abilities do at different ranks handy?

For what it's worth mine's in almost exactly the same state, and in some ways being stuck at 61 is actually helpful, as it's giving me a chance to out-level (and thus out-damage) her with other characters. I've almost got my Wolverine to a point where he'll deal the green damage, which I expect will increase Storm's survivability no end.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
After taking a closer look at Venom, I now realize his eyes aren't white. Over 20 years of my life have been a lie.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Depends on which version of him you're looking at, and who's drawing him.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

WetSpink posted:

Gosh, Reading that I almost want to go 5/4/4

I got my storm's classic green up to 5 and I love it. doubling the amount of tile broken leads to some great casacades and usually 1-2k damage from thor abilities.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was thinking of rebuilding my modern storm. Go 3 red, 5 green and 5 black. The damage from hailstones scales to her level, so it seemed like a lovely ability at first, but go pick a fight with a high level storm and all that damage quickly adds up and wrecks you.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.facebook.com/jack.chick.568

New Fake account added, Thor needs him some ISO.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TastyLemonDrops posted:

After taking a closer look at Venom, I now realize his eyes aren't white. Over 20 years of my life have been a lie.
It's only been like that recently as it's The Scorpion under there rather than the original Venom, Eddie Brock.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So who's going to tell him what Venom looks like these days? :ohdear:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
He looks great.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I think a nice feature for this game would be to downgrade abilities. I didn't exactly know what I was doing the first time I played, and now there's different powers I'd like to experiment with. Having to rebuild from scratch seems like such a chore.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Heroic Token bounty: The Hood (meh) and my last Bullseye Black. Really seeing potential there -- 16 black to place TWO criticals. I don't know that I'm ever going to get his "megadamage if 4" ability to trigger, but if I do it's at 5300 damage and climbing with levels.

It's Friday, so some random weekend tournament is likely to pop up at noon. Stay tuned.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

Heroic Token bounty: The Hood (meh) and my last Bullseye Black. Really seeing potential there -- 16 black to place TWO criticals. I don't know that I'm ever going to get his "megadamage if 4" ability to trigger, but if I do it's at 5300 damage and climbing with levels.

It's Friday, so some random weekend tournament is likely to pop up at noon. Stay tuned.

I'm guessing it'll be the Iron Man tournament, but I wouldn't expect it until midnight.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Just a warning folks - I created a new fake account and added a bunch of people too quickly and Facebook blocked it, asking me to prove my identity by identifying a bunch of fake accounts. I can't even get in to unhook my puzzle quest from it so I can't create a new fake account.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Same thing happened to me but I got really lucky with name guesses and passed the verification.

Anyone know what determines what drop you get for mission completion? I'm guessing it keeps the odds of landing previous items in but if you land on it you just get 20 iso instead.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And that's the last of the Lightning Rounds for a while. Doom is now 3/4. :getin:

A dev explained that the current logic starts at a straight % chance for each reward, completed rewards are replaced by 20 ISO, and the chances of getting another reward increase very slowly until you get one at which point they reset to baseline. So you may get a long string of 20 ISOs but the odds gradually build in your favor.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

Just a warning folks - I created a new fake account and added a bunch of people too quickly and Facebook blocked it, asking me to prove my identity by identifying a bunch of fake accounts. I can't even get in to unhook my puzzle quest from it so I can't create a new fake account.

Happened to me as well. Pain in the rear end... I had to keep guessing until I got lucky enough for FB to think I was a human.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Has that always been a black ironman?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Has that always been a black ironman?

I think that is new, but that is model 40 iron man. I got 2 covers of the sucka but I don't know if I want to keep him or sell him for that sweet sweet 50 hero points.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Shwqa posted:

I think that is new, but that is model 40 iron man. I got 2 covers of the sucka but I don't know if I want to keep him or sell him for that sweet sweet 50 hero points.

He doesn't seem to be as good as Model 35 as far as I can tell, unless you pair him with Wolverine/Juggernaut or someone else with a good red special.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

He doesn't seem to be as good as Model 35 as far as I can tell, unless you pair him with Wolverine/Juggernaut or someone else with a good red special.

He might do well in a Thor wolverine team as 5/5/1. With +3 ap all and+ 3 red and yellow ap you can start the match with his recharge ability. 3 turns later you can have as much as 15 red ap. wolverine pops a rage or 2 for 3-6 strike tiles. Thor kills whatever with 2-3 hammerings. Then you might have enough yellow for some Thor lightning.

Edit: also my Thor is level 82 now, thanks for all the iso gang.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:stare:

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Welp, this weekend tournament is going to be fun, I can tell.

Lost a match from their Iron Man using Unibeam while he was at nine loving health.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That's the dumbest thing I ever saw!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Its pretty annoying just trying to stay in the top 10 of those Free For All. I got back up to #9 from something like #32 after I woke up. Then I go to do a battle and right after I win I found out I got dropped down to #13 cause of somebody else attacking me.

I had a lot of stupid fights last night doing things like forgetting Storm classic is on the team cause she is off the screen and then getting half my team wiped out in a few turns after the AI goes back to back to back ability plus combos.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just a heads up, put Daken on your team. The computer will gladly match all the green tiles in the world, you can use modern Black Widow +6 reserve to lock down their Iron Man, blast everything repeatedly just off Iron Man 40's normal match attack rate and obliterate the other team. Basically just save your IM40 beam for the other IM40

Just rolled my 250 heroic token for a bag man.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Blasted my way up to 325 to get the Dakens and the Heroic Token (Hawkeye Modern purple) and I'm done for a bit. Time to let everyone bash each other around for a while and then pick up with a healed team, then go for Daken at 600 to make mine 2/2 and call it a day.

Not super-tingly about the rewards on either tourney right now; I'm debating if I want to try for Black Widow skillups (which in best case will only put mine at 0/1/2) or go for the Yellow Thor to finish mine off and make mine L85 like everyone else's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

JHVH-1 posted:

I had a lot of stupid fights last night doing things like forgetting Storm classic is on the team cause she is off the screen and then getting half my team wiped out in a few turns after the AI goes back to back to back ability plus combos.

Heh, I can't seem to stop doing this. Double tempest this time, from my own Storm's Wind Storm. Derp.
Fortunately Wolverine survived and was able to win the fight, because he owns.