Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Between his continued emphasis of the word "FAME" while saying "Hall of FAME" and making arguments that Sting and Big Daddy were famous in his first HoF special and this, I am starting to think our National Treasure might not be the brightest. I could be wrong, I'll open that up to email and you can join in the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Oh Karl Stern. :allears:

Of course, I'm stuck in the middle of a set of tests, so it'll have to wait a few days.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Big Daddy talk always makes me want to listen to a show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Just finished listening to the latest pisscast. This is unacceptable, please make the next one at least 8 hours so this does not happen before the next one is already out in future, tia. (Also it's bl-as-myster :shobon:)

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

Just finished listening to the latest pisscast. This is unacceptable, please make the next one at least 8 hours so this does not happen before the next one is already out in future, tia. (Also it's bl-as-myster :shobon:)

I'm trying, but I got these two leaden anchors wrapped around my neck whining about "needing to go to sleep" and "I have work in the morning".

The Goog posted:

I want to help you do this.

This is a hell of a risk (of being hooged), but I'm interested in figuring exactly how the heck we pull this off.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

This is a hell of a risk (of being hooged), but I'm interested in figuring exactly how the heck we pull this off.

You're going to need follow-the-sun guests. As an Australian, I gladly volunteer to piss in the ears of all your listeners.

I'm not going on your show though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wrestletalkradio is either the best or worst idea PSP has ever had. Possibly both at the same time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god what have I done? :negative:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
24 straight hours of Wrestlemania 4 talk sounds pretty good to me let's do it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

90 minutes of discussion and analysis for each 5 minute match.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've got plenty of things to say about both Bad News Brown and Bret Hart for enough hours, bring it the gently caress on.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And I'll take up a good hour laughing at the sight of Bret trying to break a trophy with worked make-a-sound-with-the-other-foot stomps.

Or pointing out that Greg Valentine never takes bumps. Seriously, he just goes rigid and falls over like a bemulleted tree.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 8, 2013

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Real-time discussion/narration of Greg Valentine's career

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

And I'll take up a good hour laughing at the sight of Bret trying to break a trophy with worked make-a-sound-with-the-other-foot stomps.

Or pointing out that Greg Valentine never takes bumps. Seriously, he just goes rigid and falls over like a bemulleted tree.

Will we get a couple hours of a certain person laughing?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karmine posted:

24 straight hours of Wrestlemania 4 talk sounds pretty good to me let's do it.

I'm down to do 72 hours of Mania 4 and 7chat with you brother. We'll piss in jars and talk about Butch Reed's magnificent butt.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I need 24 hours of Greg Valentine chat in my life.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I need 24 hours of Greg Valentine chat in my life.

If we do this we can not have his match with Piper since its good. It might also lead to a day of watching and talking about Piper's movies and matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

If we do this we can not have his match with Piper since its good. It might also lead to a day of watching and talking about Piper's movies and matches.

It's one of the most bloody, brutal matches I've ever seen. And a podcast about Piper would own.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 8, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's one of the most bloody, brutal matches I've ever seen.

Its such a glorious match. I might end up putting it in a room later tonight. Also I would be down for watching and talking about Piper's matches and movies.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

They Live loving rules.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

They Live loving rules.

While Hell Comes to Frogtown is something that needs to be seen to believe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

While Hell Comes to Frogtown is something that needs to be seen to believe.

Also, his first Walker: Texas Ranger episode.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The two episodes of It's Always Sunny that he did are legitimately fantastic.

E: Piper, not Valentine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Karmine posted:

He was also entertaining in Highlander

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Karmine posted:

The Eagle Boys are a gimmick that needs to be used IRL.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The weekend of Thanksgiving or the following one there will be a Piper Marathon on one of the days. A day of Piper movies, TV episodes, matches, and promos.
Also some time this week there will be a showing of two Victory Roads. :)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

bobkatt013 posted:

He was also entertaining in Highlander

And in Saints Row IV

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Hey, how about all those Hulk Hogan movies, huh? :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skunkrocker posted:

Hey, how about all those Hulk Hogan movies, huh? :v:

Apparently there was a cancelled movie called The Overlords, starring Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and Gary Busey. Had to have been a ***** classic. Pity it never saw the light of day; I assume they were paying the actors in cocaine and ran out sometime around the third dayhour of filming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Piper's career is impressive because he has made movies much better than Hogan's best starring roles and much, much worse than his most dreadful.

Today's Observer Radio is pretty great so far, some great discussion on the original Montreal Screwjob.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Time for the Raging Climax and Peak WWE Russo: Attitude Era Podcast - Wrestlemania 15.

Spoilers: WM15 isn't very good. Billy "The Baddest Man on the Planet" Keable in particular hated it.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 9, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VogeGandire posted:

Time for the Raging Climax and Peak WWE Russo: Attitude Era Podcast - Wrestlemania 15.

Spoilers: WM15 isn't very good. Billy "The Baddest Man on the Planet" Keable in particular hated it.

Oh god they sound so broken :smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, well, just wait for the CM Punk movie. That'll be a classic. :v:

Pisscast and 10 Count: are you following the Monday Night Wars TEW2013 Let's Play pitting goons against goons, one set as Bischoff and the other set as Russo, in an epic battle to the death for cable ratings? If so, who are you rooting for* and what so far have been your favorite moments?

* The correct answer is WCW.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

Pisscast and 10 Count: are you following the Monday Night Wars TEW2013 Let's Play pitting goons against goons, one set as Bischoff and the other set as Russo, in an epic battle to the death for cable ratings?

I don't claim to speak for the PSPcast or even my co-hosts on the pisscast, but I am not watching this because it kinda sounds like the worst poo poo ever sorry dude.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Karmine posted:

I don't claim to speak for the PSPcast or even my co-hosts on the pisscast, but I am not watching this because it kinda sounds like the worst poo poo ever sorry dude.

It's actually pretty fun, but I get that if you're not actually in one of the booking teams, it could be dull.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

It's actually pretty fun, but I get that if you're not actually in one of the booking teams, it could be dull.

Exactly why they should join us. :getin:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is the most amazing period of dead air on the observer radio. Just long enough that you wonder if the player has crashed.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

LordPants posted:

There is the most amazing period of dead air on the observer radio. Just long enough that you wonder if the player has crashed.

Yup I had to pull my phone out of my pocket just to double check.

Also Dave's tanahashi man crush comes through again "No it's too soon!" 17 minutes into a match but THE MELTZER DEMANDS MORE TANAHASHI

e: so after hearing Bauer and Pollock fawn all over the chromecast I decided to give it a try. $35 that is very well spent. If you don't have a smart TV it's pretty worthwhile. Used it to watch the NJPW show on my TV and it worked pretty seamlessly

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Are there RSS feeds for Pisscast/10 Count/whatever else you guys make? I can't use iTunes because I don't have an iPhone anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Are there RSS feeds for Pisscast/10 Count/whatever else you guys make? I can't use iTunes because I don't have an iPhone anymore

Most other apps you get for phones and whatnot use iTunes to aggregate the podcasts anyway. You can subscribe to iTunes podcasts without having an iPhone or iTunes.

• Locked thread