Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

mind the walrus posted:

No poo poo on the cover 0/10 no erection

Also, one of her dragons (Viserion) has the wrong color. Did this artist even read the source material?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You can't read a tv show, dude.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You can't read a tv show, dude.

But they could've read the book adaption, dude.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I refuse to read anything if it's not in the form of an overpriced quote book :colbert:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister only came out last Tuesday, you can't expect someone to read almost 200 pages in a single week.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Urdnot Fire posted:

No, he just raped his straight friends while they were drunk. He deleted the original post, but people quoted it and his other posts.

I really should stop inquiring about why people have been banned.

Wait a second. I am straight and have had sex while drunk. Does this mean I have been raped? Or would it only be rape if it was done by a gay person? I am so confused. Never have I become more "curious" as I got more plastered. If anything, women go up in value. Like Willie Nelson sang: Last night I came in, a 2 was a 10, but at 10 I woke up with a 2.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Well, if you have your gay posts and have to qualify them with 'well, they're not normally gay, but I got them drunk enough...'. Also, he mentioned that things were awkward after, which didn't help his case.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joramun posted:

The actor himself already had a pre-installed stan base from his previous (excellent) show, Misfits.

I saw this screen cap around season 2, it pre-dates whatshisname being cast in the role.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Accursed Kings series is pretty cool.

Just got The Strangled Queen. Time to read a series that was actually finished.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Time to read a series that was actually finished.

GRRM's genius is wasted on you guys. He's letting you, the reader, choose your own ending. Stannis as king? Great. Bran Hodor-rapes everything north of the wall? Fantastic. Dany, on dragonback, shits in the Trident causing a flux outbreak which kills all the Freys? Glorious.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ShaqDiesel posted:

GRRM's genius is wasted on you guys. He's letting you, the reader, choose your own ending. Stannis as king? Great. Bran Hodor-rapes everything north of the wall? Fantastic. Dany, on dragonback, shits in the Trident causing a flux outbreak which kills all the Freys? Glorious.

The only canonical ending of ASOIAF:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also, the Stannis as king thing is canon too.

He becomes king and has a poop. The end.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Aurain posted:

Also, the Stannis as king thing is canon too.

He becomes king and has a poop. The end.

The big reveal is that he shits gold.

Stannis Baratheon, secret Lannister.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

whowhatwhere posted:

The big reveal is that he shits gold.

Stannis Baratheon, secret Lannister.

The push that was promised!

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

GRRM took time from his busy football season to have an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald:

quote:

"When the writing is going really well, I do get lost in it, I almost live in it. It occupies the back of my head. I'm thinking about it constantly. I go to sleep thinking about it. I wake up thinking about it. I cross the street thinking about it – my office is across the street from my house."

"I spend all day in Westeros and King's Landing. The real world almost seems to fade away."

"It is great that so many people are eager for the next book and certainly these are the people who are paying my bills and allowing me to have a house across the street from my other house," he says. "But at the same time, sometimes I just wish they would stop pressuring me about it. It will be done when it's done. I'm working on it. I don't know what else I can say: I'm a slow writer, I've always been a slow writer, and these are gigantic books."

The people buying those books, he says, sometimes even turn up at his office-house in Santa Fe.

"Which is a little annoying," he says. "Mostly they are fans and lovely people, but some of them show up with six-packs of beer and they just want to sit down and shoot the poo poo with me - which is nice, but if I am kicking off work every day to have beer with the fans, that's not so good."
Okay, Wild Cards, which of you showed up at his house with beer?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Will Stannis don the floppy bunny ears though? That's what really matters.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I wish I had a house across the street from my other house just like George

Just not in loving New Mexico

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
He should just find some way for people to preorder the future books with the release day of "when it's finished." That way he'll never have to write again and be wealthy for the rest of his life, because who's going to sue him after that?

The show writers will just finish the books for him and he can just copy them.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 8, 2013

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Hopefully Joffrey killing Ros will become an important plot point in the show so that GRRM's retconning her into the books becomes even more awkward than when he was planning to write her in when she was alive.

e: Joffrey, not Joffery, gently caress, I'm as bad as TVIV

Scuzzywuffit fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 8, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Hopefully Joffery killing Ros will become an important plot point in the show so that GRRM's retconning her into the books becomes even more awkward than when he was planning to write her in when she was alive.

You know full drat well the reason they killed Ros is because when GRRM said that they thought "no GRRM, that's too stupid even for us".

E: and now WoW is only 20 pages long because half the proposed 1800 page manuscript was Ros gaping her anus.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 8, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Just search and replace all instances of "Ros" with "Theon".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Just search and replace all instances of "Ros" with "Theon".

Ros The Ghost of King's Landing

Littlefinger crept into the room quietly, as Ros Theon sat astride a young nobleman of two and twenty with powerful thighs like an aurochs. SHe faced away from the camera Littlefinger, her his perfectly formed buttocks, red and raw from paddling, glazed in sweat and cum, like two perfect honeybaked hams, spread wide revealing her his most treasured delicacy.

"This one's all finished. Would you like to have a go at my pretty pink logsplitter, my lord?" Ros Theon said.

Littlefinger gave a sleazy smile. "Not today my sweet lady Theon. I'm here on business."

Ros Theon continued to gently convulse in waves of post-orgasmic anal bliss. Her His plump pink rear end in a top hat gingerly opening and closing like the mouth of a man blowing on hot neep and carrot stew, trying to cool it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's like I'm reading WoW right now holy poo poo.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Adult themes such as incest, BDSM and farting on lemoncakes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A Game of Bones was desperately lacking in cakefarts.

There was even a food sex chapter.

This is why we never crossed over into hardback publishing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

He should just find some way for people to preorder the future books with the release day of "when it's finished." That way he'll never have to write again and be wealthy for the rest of his life, because who's going to sue him after that?

WoW will be Duke Nukem Forever. He'll mess about for years occasionally releasing a teaser chapter here and there all the while repeating the mantra "when it's done." Then he'll go belly up (read: die), some other writer will take what ever he had written, string it together into something coherent, and release it as unedited as possible to appease GRRM fans.

The result will be about 10 and half dull pages of the worst kind of misogyny and incest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

GRRM took time from his busy football season to have an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald:
Okay, Wild Cards, which of you showed up at his house with beer?

No mention of Meereen/Dothraki Sea, TWoW confirmed to be considerably better than ADWD. That or he just finished Dany's part first :(

e: finished = did a little bit of.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Hopefully Joffrey killing Ros

Hated this! You dump on a female character for three seasons, only to feather her with arrows. Blech.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Hated this! You dump on a female character for three seasons, only to feather her with arrows. Blech.
Did you really expect better for a female character in this series? Though at least she didn't literally get dumped on, unlike everyone's favorite dwarf.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

quote:

I'm a slow writer, I've always been a slow writer, and these are gigantic books."

*initial 2 year gap between books stretches to 6, or 11 if you count what was actually planned as one book*

I'm a slow writer, so the best thing I can do to ensure that I achieve the only thing my fans actually give a drat about it spending my time doing anything else I can possibly think of, generally involving football and editing horrific rape-based superhero fanfic, or perving on actresses.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

Did you really expect better for a female character in this series? Though at least she didn't literally get dumped on, unlike everyone's favorite dwarf.

Also, Joffrey got hit in the face by a cow pie.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

I always am optimistic about new writers of the material being less hosed, only to be hosed in turn.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Also, Joffrey got hit in the face by a cow pie.

Everyone mistakenly assumed the cow pie was thrown, when the offending cow was actually right there in the crowd.

But they ate the cow then I guess

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Fatkraken posted:

horrific rape-based superhero fanfic.

Hey now.

Sometimes it's based on the special, loving relationship between a pimp and his geishas.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister only came out last Tuesday, you can't expect someone to read almost 200 pages in a single week.

Wait what. Are you serious?

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wait what. Are you serious?

From the book (possibly :nws:): http://imgur.com/4f8N4ry

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ros The Ghost of King's Landing

Littlefinger crept into the room quietly, as Ros Theon sat astride a young nobleman of two and twenty with powerful thighs like an aurochs. SHe faced away from the camera Littlefinger, her his perfectly formed buttocks, red and raw from paddling, glazed in sweat and cum, like two perfect honeybaked hams, spread wide revealing her his most treasured delicacy.

"This one's all finished. Would you like to have a go at my pretty pink logsplitter, my lord?" Ros Theon said.

Littlefinger gave a sleazy smile. "Not today my sweet lady Theon. I'm here on business."

Ros Theon continued to gently convulse in waves of post-orgasmic anal bliss. Her His plump pink rear end in a top hat gingerly opening and closing like the mouth of a man blowing on hot neep and carrot stew, trying to cool it.

This is probably much better now, probably because I find Theon to be the worst character to read.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 668 days!)

Shageletic posted:

:spergin: They're called bolts or quarrels arrows have nocks :colbert:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

returnh posted:

From the book (possibly :nws:): http://imgur.com/4f8N4ry

When the arrow hits your eye like a big lamprey pie, that's amore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

what's surprising isn't that GRRM is so out of touch with what people think is Cool and Hip but that he managed to write a decent 3 book arc in the first place