Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Mein Gott! Ryuutama is at nearly 40k. I really want the physical book because I hate trying to run from a PDF but it'd be $80 to get it =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Leperflesh posted:

The art style reminds me a little of whoever did the illustrations in the first second edition of Paranoia, way back in the late 80s. Maybe with a touch of R. Crumb.

e. This guy:

e2: Jim Holloway

For me it looks like a cross between Sergio Aragone and 'Scar', the guy that used to do a bunch of werewolf illustrations for White Wolf.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone here backed Dungeon Roll (or bought it after the fact), there's a Kickstarter for a Winter Promo Pack of heroes and treasures. Honestly, this really feels like "Using Kickstarter as a store" but I'm not gonna complain about being able to 1) chuck more money at the guy behind the game and 2) get cheap gaming swag.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Playsets is now getting Android support. It was enough to get me to kick in.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Few new names went up on Patreon today, according to my social media:

Brian Engard, whom you might know from his work on various Fate-related projects and his recent Kickstarter, Becoming, and

Quinn Murphy, who goons probably know because of his blog and work on 4e, which has shifted to 13th Age in more recent times.

Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yes, in case you haven't puzzled it out yet, Tom Roache is WilhelmRochRedDuke, the one talking poo poo at the kickstarter backers.

To me, Tom Roache's unprofessional response (though he's almost a dead-ringer for Siembieda's train-of-thought writing style) isn't the most embarrassing thing here, but the realization that Palladium took a fan project, stripped it of ideas, and then threw the creators out. It's a similar thing as to what happened with Dead Reign, really, so it shouldn't keep surprising me, but it's still :doh:

There's a guy called something like Robotech19 that is also 100% a company shill based on his posts.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho

Leperflesh posted:

The art style reminds me a little of whoever did the illustrations in the first second edition of Paranoia, way back in the late 80s. Maybe with a touch of R. Crumb.

e. This guy:

e2: Jim Holloway

That plus the cover of "Police Story" by Black Flag was basically the art direction I gave Nikki.

As to the shotgunning beers thing I needed some art for the book and also a coozie so I sent an email that said "Can you get me a picture of a cop shotgunning a beer with a perp, who is handcuffed" then Nikki sent a draft, then I sent her a photo of my armpit (the hair wasn't quite right) and then voila the final draft, and I think it's an image that captures the feel and tone of the game perfectly.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

JackMann posted:

Me too. I think they waited too long to add in Android though, and this one may not go the distance...

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

JackMann posted:

I already have an iPad, but this prompted me to back since it makes me less worried about finding other players.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Proxy War customizable 3d-printed minis and a point-buy tabletop wargame to go with them.

I'm considering backing it just for some custom minis. Having done a fair amount of research into having custom minis printed the prices they're offering backers is pretty cheap, maybe too cheap.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bucnasti posted:

Proxy War customizable 3d-printed minis and a point-buy tabletop wargame to go with them.

I'm considering backing it just for some custom minis. Having done a fair amount of research into having custom minis printed the prices they're offering backers is pretty cheap, maybe too cheap.

Some guy dropped into the 40k IRC channel we have on our little server and advertised this about a month ago, so I had a look at their site and it seemed cool. I was prepared to drop a few $$ if it looked nice, but gently caress me, not for $45 postage. Sure, the postage is the same across the board, but I don't have the money to spend a couple hundred on a custom army to make the most of shipping anymore this year.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Nov 6, 2013

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

Bucnasti posted:

These guys are local to me (Durham, NC) and I got to check them out at the Escapist Expo last month. Their products look really nice (although I think I had a negatively-skewed idea of 3D printing before I saw them). They can print in color, so you don't have to paint them if its not your bag. I don't do tabletop wargames, but I backed them to make a mini for my Pathfinder character. Nice guys as well!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Beautiful Flower posted:

As to the shotgunning beers thing I needed some art for the book and also a coozie so I sent an email that said "Can you get me a picture of a cop shotgunning a beer with a perp, who is handcuffed" then Nikki sent a draft, then I sent her a photo of my armpit (the hair wasn't quite right) and then voila the final draft, and I think it's an image that captures the feel and tone of the game perfectly.

Without the "tabletop gaming renaissance" going on right now, I don't think a little thematic game with a background story about the perfect armpit hair reference photo would exist. The gaming industry is on the right track and I wish I'd backed Three Days Until Retirement. I didn't think I'd be able to convince my group to play, so I didn't. If you could mention when it's for sale for real (maybe in the thread for that?), I would appreciate it.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

You can grab a late pledge from http://dioxindump.com/threedays

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Adam Kensai posted:

There's a guy called something like Robotech19 that is also 100% a company shill based on his posts.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion, but he's definitely a fanwarrior.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Excellent, just did exactly that. Thanks a bunch!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
On the Elven Adventurers Box Set from Stonehaven, a lot of people have been a bit meh on the elven sculpts and concepts. On the other hand, a lot of people have been pretty happy with pretty much everything else. So, they made a Companions level that includes everything but the elves and trolls.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

So I got home last night and there was a giant box on my doorstep with the name STEVE JACKSON GAMES on the side. I hauled it inside, I had to lay it flat for fear that it might tip over and crush me.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Bucnasti posted:

So I got home last night and there was a giant box on my doorstep with the name STEVE JACKSON GAMES on the side. I hauled it inside, I had to lay it flat for fear that it might tip over and crush me.

I doubt the size would differ too much if the box included a copy of OGRE or the actual entire Steve Jackson games company.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Tip over? Hardly. Grind you under the inexorable progression of its pitiless treads? Now you're talking.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

It took me three-four hours to sort and set up, it's an absurd amount of sheet-popping and assembly you have ahead of you.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm worried that I don't have a tracking number yet. Should I be?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

moths posted:

My understanding is that you don't get a tracking number, you get a tracking zip code.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I know when I got mine somebody who lives very close to me still hadn't gotten his info yet. I don't know if there's a rhyme or reason behind it yet, I wouldn't worry.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

moths posted:

I still don't have one either so I don't think you need to worry about it.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

My understanding is that you don't get a tracking number, you get a tracking zip code.

I got a tracking number (San Francisco Bay Area), FWIW.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thanlis posted:

I got a tracking number (San Francisco Bay Area), FWIW.

It was a joke about the size of the box. :eng99:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I updated my campaign with some stretch goals, hurray!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Those stretch goals are all really really close together. I hope you do not get overwhelmed!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I hope so too! They're priced at what I need for extra art/ time off work/ resources, but they're deliberately fairly close together so I have a lot of excuses to turn my drafts for these into actual content in the book.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
What timing! I just received my FATE dice from one KS and the Toolkit and both Fate Worlds books. Now all I need is my Last Stand book to show up.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
I've made some changes to the card layout for Deck of Legends.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Thedandmom posted:

These are great! Sorry I missed the project when it was on Kickstarter.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Thedandmom posted:

These look great, are there plans to sell the deck later? I'd love to get my hands on a few.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is anybody following the AvP game? It looks cool, but I've got some reservations.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Agent Rush posted:

These look great, are there plans to sell the deck later? I'd love to get my hands on a few.

Yes, there are plans to sell more later. My printer is also a print on demand game shop and it will be available through them.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

moths posted:

Is anybody following the AvP game? It looks cool, but I've got some reservations.

female predators? Is that even a thing outside of rule 34?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TastyAvocado posted:

I came in here to post this, this is the nicest no-effort terrain I've seen at a reasonable price. $113 for this:

Revisiting this one, it looks like it's a bit less reasonable than I thought at first, as the $113 set only covers a table area of 2x2'. Even with the stretch goals they've unlocked so far, you're not going to be able to build a significant Infinity board until you get around the $450 range. They have expansions that give you more floor tiles, but even totalling those up with the requisite wall packs, it's going to take some buying to get to a full board.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Thedandmom posted:

It's already been talked about a bit in the comments to the update, but I prefer the original layouts to these new ones. They'll still be the prettiest cards I own by a mile,though, so I'm not too stressed. I know you're trying hard to get these out on time (which isn't a concern for me, but is probably one for a lot of people), and I don't envy you the ire of either set of angry backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Thedandmom posted:

I think putting art with landscape orientation is a mistake for a playing card.

• Locked thread