Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

What is your point? Are you saying there is a legitimate purpose to showing sneak peaks of the show you are about to watch mere seconds later?

You need to understand that AMC is just putting on the same run as last week. A computer wherever they broadcast from or whatever is basically just queuing up the episode from the system and all the "previously on" and "next on" stuff is just simply part of that file. You're thinking too hard about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Redundant posted:

I wouldn't personally deem them comparable since Shane takes a one way trip to crazyville over the course of 2 seasons whereas for the girl to be a killer she would have to go from pacifist to sociopath and then back to pacifist over the course of 2 episodes.

She'd really just need to take to the training that Carol and her sister have been shown giving her. She's not killing innocent people - she's helping the dying to stay dead. And letting go of her imaginary childhood zombiefriends.

But seriously, this guy at my job doesn't even buy that Shane went to crazyville. He was the most rational actor in every scene. Lori was bad for teasing him. He always did what was ultimately the best for the group. I just don't even know how to argue it, I told him to watch the CDC scene again, and asked him how he'd feel if he were Otis, and he's still convinced Shane was awesome and the victim.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

moths posted:

But seriously, this guy at my job doesn't even buy that Shane went to crazyville. He was the most rational actor in every scene. Lori was bad for teasing him. He always did what was ultimately the best for the group. I just don't even know how to argue it, I told him to watch the CDC scene again, and asked him how he'd feel if he were Otis, and he's still convinced Shane was awesome and the victim.

Shane did go off the deep end, but its not like it was only him and everyone else was sterling perfect. Nobody handled that little triangle in any way, shape or form that was going to end well. Its like they were all deliberately trying to cause huge amounts of drama.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Shane was written pretty well, because aside from a good chunk of scenes depicting his selfishness with Lori, a lot of his actions are easy to rationalize in those situation, even if you don't agree with him. I always liked that they had a few flashbacks with him so that you could see the character wasn't always this psychotic dick, and that he really did love Rick and all at first, but that the world and circumstances made him to who he is.

It makes his final scene all the better because even though I think Rick was totally justified in knifing him in the throat, that scene makes me wonder if Rick could have talked him out of shooting him at that moment.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

moths posted:

She'd really just need to take to the training that Carol and her sister have been shown giving her. She's not killing innocent people - she's helping the dying to stay dead. And letting go of her imaginary childhood zombiefriends.
But we just saw her telling Carol how she thinks that turning into a walker is just like growing up. She hasn't let go of her zombie friends in the slightest. It wouldn't be a 180 from pacifism to Carol's teachings, it'd be a full 360 over the course of two episodes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cycomatix posted:

It makes his final scene all the better because even though I think Rick was totally justified in knifing him in the throat, that scene makes me wonder if Rick could have talked him out of shooting him at that moment.

Yeah it was a great acted scene and you can sort of tell Rick pretty much decided it wasn't worth the risk of keeping him around.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

ApexAftermath posted:

You're thinking too hard about this.
Hey, another potential thread title! :v:

moths posted:

The issue with this is that the last time we saw her she was talking about people coming back as zombies like it was a good thing. It almost feels like they're setting up the exact opposite of the kid being a murderer and seem to be implying that she deems zombification to be a change that everyone goes through like it's some form of undead puberty. I could be way off though.

moths posted:

Shane had some pretty sketchy moments through the run, pointing the shotgun at Rick in the woods, the Otis thing and a his running battles with Dale spring to mind.

Redundant fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 10, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Redundant posted:

and a his running battles with Dale spring to mind.

In fairness to Shane, Dale became quite a schmuck. "oh hey, I'm just going to take all the firearms and dump them in a swamp, because reasons"

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Despite all the questionable drama surrounding it, Rick screaming at Shane that it's his fault as he bleeds out is one of the most memorable scenes of the series thus far.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
First 5 minutes of the rewatch- Rick is putting the crime scene together in his head while there is the voiceover of the girl talking to Carol. So that part was as I remembered it.

This episode is even better the second time around. :)

Come on y'all, I don't want to watch alone...

Svanja fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 11, 2013

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is already amazing

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Feeling guilty Rick? (or sick)

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Explain. I'm stuck at work.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What in the HELL :stonk:

This is hard to watch...

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Whatever this flu is, I never want it. Ever.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Incubating a conscious patient. Suck city!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
That's like a step beyond dad jokes, Herschel.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

ApexAftermath posted:

Explain. I'm stuck at work.

They just shoved a breathing apparatus down a guy's throat who was choking/suffocating in quarantine. He is still alive thanks to Hershel. But you can see everyone is getting really, really exhausted.

lol, Im sorry I can't recall the correct name for that device....

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Spaghetti Tuesdays, every Wednesday would be okay with me, Hershel.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

I second the Spaghetti Tuesday/Wednesday initiative

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Watching that incubation made my gag reflex act up. Ugh.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand

MrTpug posted:

I second the Spaghetti Tuesday/Wednesday initiative

Third. Motion passes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another one bites the dust :barf:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Rick's gonna run off the road. He's too busy checkin' himself out in the mirror to pay attention to the road.

Fake edit: D'aww. Hershel with the spaghetti Tuesday's. :3:

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Watching that incubation made my gag reflex act up. Ugh.

Intubation

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Trying to pull a Carol Glen?!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Stop loving around and stab the dude in the ear.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Ok, they have lost two so far.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You might want to shank that corpse's brain already.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
We all have a job to do. Yours is to read Tom Sawyer.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

tomapot posted:

Stop loving around and stab the dude in the ear.

Had to wait for him to turn for dramatic effect.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP that dude :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gah this show

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

Glen your job is re-sanitize the gurney.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Utnayan posted:

We all have a job to do. Yours is to read Tom Sawyer.

I won't be able to finish it

Why

It gets too dark

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Hershell is becoming increasingly creepy.

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
Four seasons in, and this show still has the best opening title sequence ever.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

I won't have you turning my tomb of the diseased into another sex garage!

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

euphronius posted:

I won't be able to finish it

Why

It gets too dark

Still beaten by last week's, "I'm not afraid to kill. I'm just afraid."

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Liar posted:

Hershell is becoming increasingly creepy.

Apparently being the only person with any optimism makes him creepy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Herehall literally talking from the execution chamber

• Locked thread