Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm now #1 in my bracket with 873pts. Hopefully that gives me enough of a buffer so that in three hours I'm dropped right within range of the Thor covers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
It was kind of mentioned last page but I just want to reiterate that anyone who is currently scrambling for the 900-1100 point awards AND the Thor covers just start intentionally losing and yielding towards the end of the night after you get your 500 coins/yellow Spidey.

This did not occur to me, and I'm thinking Thor covers will do me better than Widow covers. I got to 996 points and lost 100 before my final battle was over to clear 1k.

:suicide:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I don't know about you, but I imagine that if I start losing on purpose I'll drop a lot lower than #50. At 831 points I'm at #21 right now. I have a full tank and am about to start wrecking poo poo in one last futile bid for 1100, and then there'll be some retaliations before bed and hope that I don't fall out of Yellow Thor range.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got to 1k last night, then dropped 300 while I was sleeping. Now at 750-is. My bracket's leaders are at the 900+ mark. So much catching up to do.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Just cleared 1k myself, #1 with a 70 points buffer. Wondering what to do with those 500 hero points...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

More cover space, of course.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know, I figure 20 is enough for now (until new characters show up?).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There are never enough cover slots.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

There are if you only keep the cool kids. No, Bag Man, you are not a cool kid :colbert:

e: well that didn't take long, I'm down to #4

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's amazing how different the brackets are. In mine the top player has barely over 700 points, I was number two with around 630 and there were only a couple others over 600. I don't think I could tank hard enough to get the Thor covers if I tried.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got up to #3 with about 850 points, waited a couple hours and logged in again and I've lost 252 points and I'm down to #35.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
You could always laugh all the way to the bank with your max power Bag-Man! Hey, Juggernaut had his own tourny...

I think curiosity would get the best of me and I'd buy one or two slots and spend the rest on Heroic Cover rolls. Synth Orange is right though, cover storage is always practical and a necessary evil. There will be Heroic tokens every tournament (and there will likely be a new one tomorrow). Hopefully the Hardmode Juggernaut chapter will be this week and have some too!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Chuds McGreedy posted:

You could always laugh all the way to the bank with your max power Bag-Man! Hey, Juggernaut had his own tourny...

This is so happening. Plus with the MMO style balancing the game is likely to get expect Bag Man to see some changes in a patch.

Someday Bag-Man will be a 300% damage monster! You'll see!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I think curiosity would get the best of me and I'd buy one or two slots and spend the rest on Heroic Cover rolls.

I just did this and got X-Force Wolverine. Glad I bought a new bench for another superstar to sit in forever :suicide:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

seravid posted:

I just did this and got X-Force Wolverine. Glad I bought a new bench for another superstar to sit in forever :suicide:

Just bought my 23rd storage slot

:smuggo:

Feels good man.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

seravid posted:

I'm in the same boat with that thing. It looks cool, and started out at a high level but I have nothing to train him with and can't level him up cause of it. I want to make more use if it but by the time I get another one I probably will be full on covers again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unlike the hero draws, you will never regret more storage.

Alternatively, you could have levelled up a 2-star's skill with that 500 points.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got mine with a free token, so maybe I will get another some day.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
AMERICA, gently caress YEAH

Got my 1100 Spidey and he's now 3/1/1. That was nerve-wracking; only got attacked once during powerleveling.

Two minutes later: YOU WERE ATTACKED! -109

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
After I use the yellow power on model 40 Ironman I just imagine him saying BRB, and then a couple turns later he comes back and destroys someone.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

JHVH-1 posted:

After I use the yellow power on model 40 Ironman I just imagine him saying BRB, and then a couple turns later he comes back and destroys someone.

In my case, he comes back and says "Game on, Thor!" then someone eats a couple red attacks, usually making a yellow cascade (ew, not that kind!) and often making a group of five to give you another turn if you immediately need your big yellow attack to finish off the last guy standing.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

BGrifter posted:

This is so happening. Plus with the MMO style balancing the game is likely to get expect Bag Man to see some changes in a patch.

Someday Bag-Man will be a 300% damage monster! You'll see!

Not spending any more ISO until the next tournament is announced. If it has to be Bag Man, mine's going to be the Baggiest.

(or at least higher than the default level)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did daylight savings or something kick in somewhere? These things usually end at 3pm for me. (Australia) I've got an extra hour I didnt think I'd have on the competition.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I finally got the environmental tile boost to work for me on the swamp level. Within four turns I used the super special effect that apparently turns all environmental tiles and green tiles RED. Pure unadulterated death pursued. I killed that team so hard I probably broke the guy's phone.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That happened to me yesterday. After the cascade, I used Thor's red ability so many times it cascaded all over again.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why I am only up against guys worth like 1 or 2 points? I am ranked like 16th in my thing and cannot score any points on anyone!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Keep skipping til you get good opponents, basically.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I really hope bullseye is a progression rewards next event. He would be my ideal 3rd team member. Thor wolverine bullseye :allears:

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Ah man, #29 at 619 points, my rank keeps shifting as people around me go up and down without me actually getting attacked. Come on Thor cover, don't fail me now :ohdear:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bubbapook posted:

Ah man, #29 at 619 points, my rank keeps shifting as people around me go up and down without me actually getting attacked. Come on Thor cover, don't fail me now :ohdear:

I am hoping someone takes a shot at me too, I need to be in Thor country.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've noticed something about Loki's purple illusion skill: It changes all tile types, not just basics. Might be a good compliment to Daken and Wolvie to mix up their strike colors and prevent them from getting matched up.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
It seems pretty likely x-force wolverine will get his own tournament and guaranteed cover slot, and thus a token for it. And it'll probably eventually cycle back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maybe, but they've already gone through the Venom tournament twice.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

bubbapook posted:

I just dropped from #2 to #28 in the space of 3 minutes or so, I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012
I want the Thor cover, I was at #26, something happened to the the guys ahead of me and now I'm at 23. This is harrowing.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I'm not seeing the flurry of activity I expect in the last 15 minutes of a tournament. Maybe everyone exhausted all their heals.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Whoa, the 1000 point reward is 500 coins? That was a nice surprise. It looks like I'm going to get #1 on this tournament, possibly #2. Not much activity and nearly 200 points between me and third place.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Erebus posted:

I'm not seeing the flurry of activity I expect in the last 15 minutes of a tournament. Maybe everyone exhausted all their heals.

Yeah, this is weird. Just went from 28 to 27 without doing anything (fuuuuuck). It's almost as if nobody actually wants to win, apart from those in 1st/2nd place...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Welp, got attacked for 156, all in the very last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang it I couldn't get to 1000 I kept getting to 970-980 and some 800 douche would drop me 40 points. Looks like I finished first though. I'm 120 points ahead of 2nd place.

Edit: HAHAHAHA thor with 200% bonus. I will cleave through Cstorm as if they were butter!!

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 11, 2013