Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What was the point of the iron pine peaks leveling change? Before you did your faction starters, the scar~ zones and then you could choose between the northern three zones or the southern two. Now if you do moonshade it dumps you at a dead end at 40 and you either get to do something else until 45 or do underleveled content in droughtlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Asehujiko posted:

What was the point of the iron pine peaks leveling change? Before you did your faction starters, the scar~ zones and then you could choose between the northern three zones or the southern two. Now if you do moonshade it dumps you at a dead end at 40 and you either get to do something else until 45 or do underleveled content in droughtlands.

I'm pumped about this because Scarwood was an alt killer for me. Have fun until 28 and then it's time to hit... scarwood.

edit: A dev explained why, though.

quote:

Actually, the one level band where we have had the most consistent feedback since launch for a lack of content is right around level 30. Post-lvl 35, there is an abundance of content, between DL and MH starting at lvl 36, SS kicking in at 42 (and going to 50), SM kicking in at 44 (and going to 50)... IPP was another group in the same range. And yet... you couldn't level staying in IP. It had enough quests to cover 40-44 and then the content got thin and leveled up faster than a player following the quest lines did. The idea is that you had hop between zones, but nothing suggests that and it seems silly.

Meanwhile, while there are two leveling paths with different environments up through lvl 26 (one for each faction), at lvl 27 everyone gets the same path - SG/SR. Moving IP gives us an alternate path for players to follow, moves a band of content where we have been traditionally thin, and it's a visually interesting zone earlier in the game.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 8, 2013

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Sweet, IGN is Cryolina. Poking around on one of my many alts on both sides if I'm not on her, or just doing boring stuff like work or like today and tomorrow, helping my sister move from one apartment to another. While she's at school. Really hosed up my back and my knees carrying a heavy rear end fridge, table, beds and what not down and up stairs all day. Can't wait for Friday night when I can just log on Rift, pop a sixpack and watch BlizzCon. It'll be great. Rift stuff on one screen, Blizz stuff on the other.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

anticake posted:

CPU affinity is what controls on which core of a multicore CPU a process runs. :words:

Thanks, I'm not going to touch it then!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Asehujiko posted:

The point was so I could get as many server firsts as possible.

Obviously.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cleric questions!
Is the "energizer" cleric build still the best for leveling, or should I go Druidicar?

Also, how's Cleric DPS currently? I think I enjoy healing but I will want to shake things up if I end up healing too much.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Cleric questions!
Is the "energizer" cleric build still the best for leveling, or should I go Druidicar?

Also, how's Cleric DPS currently? I think I enjoy healing but I will want to shake things up if I end up healing too much.
Cleric DPS is pretty good right now, go either Inq or Shaman for that.

I don't know about lower level builds, but past 50 once you can get Beacon + Reduced Link Damage + Foul Growth on link targets + good Cab DPS, then the Cab Defiler becomes a great build. I would bet that Druid is pretty good and safe too.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Cleric DPS is pretty good right now, go either Inq or Shaman for that.

I don't know about lower level builds, but past 50 once you can get Beacon + Reduced Link Damage + Foul Growth on link targets + good Cab DPS, then the Cab Defiler becomes a great build. I would bet that Druid is pretty good and safe too.

Yeah Inquisitor and Shaman are pretty neat specs, both have faceroll options that can come within 10% of nerd-optimized rotations on most fights. Plus cleric DPS specs are basically self-building. At lower levels druid probably does everything you need while staying ahead in dungeons as well though, since Inquisitor and Shaman are missing some of the better DPS multipliers in the trees.

I think a druid hybrid is fine to 50 but defiler/cabalist will overtake it if you AoE a lot. I've used inquisitor for single target soloing stuff since like, SL launch (RIP Fanaticism + BoD + Sanction + Nysyr's + BoD + Radical Coalescence + Tidal Surge + Nysyr's in PVP :qq:) and it's fine for that too since it eliminates mobs pretty quickly while having some decent self heals.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 8, 2013

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Justicar hybrids got boned because Salvation doesn't scale with your damage any more, and takes an additional huge penalty on non-Justicar AoEs, so you can't just run it on a glass-cannon spec and have ridiculous amounts of health coming back. Ditto for Contempt, which scales with your health instead of Vex's damage now.

It's a pretty good 0-pointer now, but if you want lazy leveling, you should either just roll a Druid for the pet, or roll Defiler because dying as a Defiler with both Beacon of Despair and Explosive Growth at your disposal is borderline impossible.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

OneEightHundred posted:

It's a pretty good 0-pointer now, but if you want lazy leveling, you should either just roll a Druid for the pet, or roll Defiler because dying as a Defiler with both Beacon of Despair and Explosive Growth at your disposal is borderline impossible.

You die all the time as defiler if you farm for longer than 5 minutes constantly.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

You die all the time as defiler if you farm for longer than 5 minutes constantly.

Just mana tap and use ravaging darkness in cabfiler (defilicab?) and that shouldn't be as big a problem, also holding CC's (group stun, group snare) and dodging cooldowns for recasting beacon works pretty well.

I can solo most of the dendrome crater dailies as defiler (61 def though) but it's a grueling process (so I don't actually do them :ssh:). Hive dailies are probably doable but even more obnoxious.

I'm not sure what else could be a 5-minute cycle in the spec though v:shobon:v.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 8, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Just mana tap and use ravaging darkness in cabfiler (defilicab?) and that shouldn't be as big a problem, also holding CC's (group stun, group snare) and dodging cooldowns for recasting beacon works pretty well.

I can solo most of the dendrome crater dailies as defiler (61 def though) but it's a grueling process (so I don't actually do them :ssh:). Hive dailies are probably doable but even more obnoxious.

I'm not sure what else could be a 5-minute cycle in the spec though v:shobon:v.

Beacon is 5 minutes, bad things happen if you drop one and try to mindlessly grind when it drops aggro and 12-15 things were beating on it..

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Alright, I think I'll try sticking with mage and see where that leads me, character name : Fathismunk on the US goon server.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Cleric questions!

Druidicar is mindless, and you have pets that can do single target dps, tank, AE dmg, or heal you/group all at your disposal while you smash mobs in the face and pull more with debuffs/DoT.

edit: I think you need around 40+(44?) points into druid before it becomes totally easy mode though.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

mr. nobody posted:

Druidicar is mindless, and you have pets that can do single target dps, tank, AE dmg, or heal you/group all at your disposal while you smash mobs in the face and pull more with debuffs/DoT.

edit: I think you need around 40+(44?) points into druid before it becomes totally easy mode though.

Aid of the Forest is 36 points, as is the Greater Faerie Seer, which means at that point you have to decide between the tank pet and generally not dying because it does decent damage and has fairly good survivability or the ranged pet and not dying because you turned on fae distortion and it only needs to use one of its abilities once or twice to get you back to full health.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Someone on Hailol is claiming that Goon Squad is moving there from Deepwood?

Now he's recruiting pubbies, is this some elaborate scam?

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 9, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We are an elite level 25 guild. We don't move to shards, they move to us.

Also no, we aren't moving anywhere.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

deimos posted:

Beacon is 5 minutes, bad things happen if you drop one and try to mindlessly grind when it drops aggro and 12-15 things were beating on it..

KAlerts for the beacon buff and pop a new one before it goes away. Maybe save UT for that point in case you take some hits.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Beacon has what, a 15 second cooldown? Just drop a new one when you enter combat.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

planebreaker looks rad as gently caress

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Machai posted:

KAlerts for the beacon buff and pop a new one before it goes away. Maybe save UT for that point in case you take some hits.

OneEightHundred posted:

Beacon has what, a 15 second cooldown? Just drop a new one when you enter combat.

What part of:

deimos posted:

mindlessly grind
is so hard to understand?

I wasn't stating it was the normal case, just that if you want to grind without paying attention defiler breaks down if you AE farm for longer than 5 minutes.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Leading in with a particular skill takes about as much brainpower as remembering to target an enemy in the first place.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Will tell someone in our raid group but I will not be on to raid Monday night. Should be on Wednesday. Heads up!

(derpwood)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
<Goon Squad>, Deepwood NA.

Arrela looking for an invite. Just logged on, saw I was in <Everything is Fine>...

Lhotun
Jul 26, 2007
Looking for an invite, in game as Rhuio.
Been playing for a couple of days just to get the hang of things.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Apparently the shards are all up but I can't get in, checked the forums and apparently there's at least a few other people having this problem.

First time this has happened to me since I started playing a lot again.

Nobody seems to know a workaround though, or I can't find one.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

There is a persistent problem of server rest plus about 20 minutes every day where server is up and many people cannot login (says server is unavailable).

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I was about to tackle an invasion when suddendly this guy came into the picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFG3NBrgJ4E

What the hell is going on there ? One guy who made a whole bunch of alt accounts that automatically follow him and emulate his actions ?

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Thats not new, the first i know was Samdeathwalker who did that in everquest with like 8 alt accounts on /follow(when killing a mob takes 15minutes this idea isnt too far away). YOu can save yourself lots of time doing this while questing. For every single quest you finish you get like 10 done for free on your alts :-P Then i saw him in eq2 and then in WOW and then not anymore because WoW was just too fast to do this without botscripts. Probably someone like that or even himself the caveman. Oh ya and he did that with paying accounts when F2P was unheard of.

On a side note: I WANT COMPANIONS LIKE IN SWTOR THANK YOU.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 10, 2013

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Is there still an EU guild? I guess if 200,000 people have come into the game since it launched on Steam it might explain why it feels like half of the world is unguilded, but for a server that's supposedly "high population" (Bloodiron) it's kind of dead when it comes to guilds recruiting and such.

I think the strangest thing about being back in Rift now it's F2P is how little people know about the game. I'm not talking DPS or anything, but people don't understand soul walk, they don't realise everyone can res (EVERYONE respawns when I feign death) and they don't seem to bother with dungeon mechanics although I wouldn't say it makes the fights much harder.
Also on the EU servers you get matched up with french and german players who don't speak any english which is a right bugger when they're the tank and they don't know the dungeon mechanics. I guess they'd never get into groups if it wasn't that way around, but still.

Last observation, the inflation is mental. I can't believe how much striped leather costs for my armoursmith.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Is there still an EU guild?
Nope! Some EU Goons play in the US guild, but I tried that (and got to 60 there) and decided to just play alone EU side, since I'd like to raid someday.

We should get a EU guild going, really.

edit: and yeah people are stupid lately. I'm making a killing selling things in the AH for three times their price at the in game store.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Did they break the game? All EU shard are unavailable to me(despite some of them having a queue) and my US chars have seemingly duplicated themselves, both sets of which are coin locked and not a single email to clear it is sent to me anywhere.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Hey can I get an invite?

In game: Falthuun
Level 20 Defiant Warrior

This is the first MMO I've gotten this a high a level in, I figured might as well really open the world up by joining the guild. My wife and have been partying and questing alone. We have two quests in the Iron Tomb and we can't get through them so maybe it's time to join up. I'll have her post here too.

EDIT: Thanks Stampy!

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 11, 2013

France-Ass
Aug 25, 2011
Hey, I'd like to join the guild. Can I get an invite?

I'm a level 20 Defiant Rogue. My in game name is Verthandi. Thanks!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Nope! Some EU Goons play in the US guild, but I tried that (and got to 60 there) and decided to just play alone EU side, since I'd like to raid someday.

We should get a EU guild going, really.

Well I lead the EU guild when it existed and Taear is still guilded to Goon Squad, so it exists on Bloodiron if you're on there.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
For new and future people who want the join the guild you don't need to be on, guild invites can go through the mail. Easy!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Well I lead the EU guild when it existed and Taear is still guilded to Goon Squad, so it exists on Bloodiron if you're on there.

I could transfer to Bloodiron but I don't want to be in a guild with just you. Not that I would say no to some romantic IA's and the ocassional expert play, but a guild is like, way too fast for me.

No, but seriously, how many EU goons do we have that would we willing to get together and reform eu Goon Squad? I love playing with goons, but I like active guilds a lot more.

I actually joined a "serious guild" the other day just to have a group to play with. They actually had a webpage with an application form, how Burning Crusade of them. At least they are not hardcore raiders, but they do use DKP for their raids...

Edit: Jesus, people are super butthurt about the latest issues in EU shards. What's even more funny than that, in every thread where someone is complaining at Trion for ruining the game and stealing their money, there's a guy that goes "Yeah! Not to mention the loving RUSSIANS IN MY SHARD!" Server stability and the Russian ocupation are the game's biggest issues.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 11, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I could transfer to Bloodiron but I don't want to be in a guild with just you. Not that I would say no to some romantic IA's and the ocassional expert play, but a guild is like, way too fast for me.

No, but seriously, how many EU goons do we have that would we willing to get together and reform eu Goon Squad? I love playing with goons, but I like active guilds a lot more.

I actually joined a "serious guild" the other day just to have a group to play with. They actually had a webpage with an application form, how Burning Crusade of them. At least they are not hardcore raiders, but they do use DKP for their raids...

Edit: Jesus, people are super butthurt about the latest issues in EU shards. What's even more funny than that, in every thread where someone is complaining at Trion for ruining the game and stealing their money, there's a guy that goes "Yeah! Not to mention the loving RUSSIANS IN MY SHARD!" Server stability and the Russian ocupation are the game's biggest issues.

server stability has been pretty godawful lately all around. last week on thrax progression we were getting all sorts of hosed up mechanics due to lag, corpses unrezzable with the boss focused on them, messed up aoe/platform indicators. i wasnt around for yesterday's raid (it seems to be worse on sundays) but apparently we did see some lovely stuff on volan, adds not dying to stomp being one.

also dkp is terrible but skloot is the reason why i'm almost in full t2 (missing 4 pieces) while the other warriors in tgx dont even use t2 4 piece crystals yet. at least dkp rewards attendance!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Oraculum Animi posted:

For new and future people who want the join the guild you don't need to be on, guild invites can go through the mail. Easy!

Yeaaah. I posted several times in the thread and never got a guild invite. Did I post something wrong ? :shrug:

Fathismunk on Deepwood

Holy hell, when you alt-tab rift during a load time it actually displays the loading progress on the icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

There's actually two of us. But yea, I don't really know how many other EU players there are.

To be fair the stability issues are pretty irritating, but I think the fact that there's no moderation of chat (whatsoever) and people have NO understanding of the game that are new - two things that are really likely to make people pack it in - are way bigger issues!

And for those who are questing in the new Iron Pine Peak - I've got a quest to dig out avalanche victims and I think it might be broken. I got one, and there's lots of victims just sort of running about but there's nobody to actually dig up. I was wandering around there for ages at about 3am, so nobody was about to steal them. I think maybe they're not respawning properly?

Taear fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread