Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Taear posted:

Well I lead the EU guild when it existed and Taear is still guilded to Goon Squad, so it exists on Bloodiron if you're on there.

I would join up but is there any chance you could transfer the guild to a PvE shard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Betjeman posted:

I would join up but is there any chance you could transfer the guild to a PvE shard?

Why? People don't attack you anyway.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I could transfer to Bloodiron but I don't want to be in a guild with just you. Not that I would say no to some romantic IA's and the ocassional expert play, but a guild is like, way too fast for me.

No, but seriously, how many EU goons do we have that would we willing to get together and reform eu Goon Squad? I love playing with goons, but I like active guilds a lot more.

I actually joined a "serious guild" the other day just to have a group to play with. They actually had a webpage with an application form, how Burning Crusade of them. At least they are not hardcore raiders, but they do use DKP for their raids...

Edit: Jesus, people are super butthurt about the latest issues in EU shards. What's even more funny than that, in every thread where someone is complaining at Trion for ruining the game and stealing their money, there's a guy that goes "Yeah! Not to mention the loving RUSSIANS IN MY SHARD!" Server stability and the Russian ocupation are the game's biggest issues.

As stated before, I'd be up for reforming EU Goon Squad, mostly because I run around on Zaviel being halfly bored with my own guild and not really finding any other guild that suits my interests of not being a hardcore raider, but still have some activity. And where the guild chat is in English and not some Eastern European gibberish or Portuguese.

Funny thing with new Iron Pine Peaks, though. Got a quest at lvl 27 when I visited Sanctum. Went to the Chancel of Labours, found the guy I was supposed to talk to, who sent me down into the basement of the library to find a book. Found it, and then I died, since a lvl ?? demon spawned and killed me faster than I could say "dafuq". Great stuff, Trion.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is that part of the SL intro quest? If it is that might explain why it's level 50.

Taear posted:

My experience on the US shard is that PvP is minimal at high levels as everybody you met in SS and SM was just doing their own thing in IA but lower levels were miserable because of bored 50's running around and instagibbing random lowbies they met while doing mining/herbing with Moonshade being completely unplayable because of all the 50's that seemingly had a truce with eachother but 49 and below was fair game for both sides.

Like above, I would join an eurogoon guild on a PvE server.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

Being on a PvE server means that any faction can join the guild, party and run instances together, plus no one attacks you in an open world event or anything like that.

If we do reform eugoon squad I'd totally vote for moving it to a PvE shard.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, PvE is amazing. After playing on PvP servers in other MMOs (and when I started Rift for that matter) for years, coming to a PvE server and Rift was amazing.

And it reminded me of the intro quest to SL, since it was in the basement and everything, but that was another as far as I remember, with some cultist scribe / mage or something.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My cleric is level 46 and I'm getting tired of Stillmore. At what level will I be able to move to Storm Legion content? I know that it's suppose to be level 50 but so far I haven't had an issue with content that's higher level (as long as I am within the level range that allows me to actually hit mobs). Will there be a quest that will appear in my log or what because I haven't seen any indication of a way to travel there.

I've already done the quest with the letter that takes you to the stranded ship.

ed: I can't wait until I'm high enough level to poo poo up the Goon dungeon groups.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 11, 2013

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Datasmurf posted:

Yeah, PvE is amazing. After playing on PvP servers in other MMOs (and when I started Rift for that matter) for years, coming to a PvE server and Rift was amazing.

And it reminded me of the intro quest to SL, since it was in the basement and everything, but that was another as far as I remember, with some cultist scribe / mage or something.
Then they probably let you into the Water Saga 20 levels early.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

kzin602 posted:

My cleric is level 46 and I'm getting tired of Stillmore. At what level will I be able to move to Storm Legion content? I know that it's suppose to be level 50 but so far I haven't had an issue with content that's higher level (as long as I am within the level range that allows me to actually hit mobs). Will there be a quest that will appear in my log or what because I haven't seen any indication of a way to travel there.

I've already done the quest with the letter that takes you to the stranded ship.

ed: I can't wait until I'm high enough level to poo poo up the Goon dungeon groups.

I think you can head over to SL content as early as Level 48. The mobs are much harder than pre-Ember Isle content (which is fairly close to Cape Jule/Pelendane size mobs), but it should be doable. The gear drops will be level 50 (51?) required though.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
If you're lucky you might get bitter vets run you through normal dungeons for XP if they are bored enough and don't have Icewatch/Mathos/Dragonslayer rep. (Dragonslayer is the only still-relevant rep because Trion hates tanks.)

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Asehujiko posted:

Then they probably let you into the Water Saga 20 levels early.

That sounds just like it was. I remember the quest was tagged with saga and cultist.

If you're fed up with Stillmore, you could just PvP. That's what I mostly did from 46 to 50.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Asehujiko posted:

Like above, I would join an eurogoon guild on a PvE server.

I'm levelling a character from 1, she's currently level 34. I've been attacked once, by a level 40. I've even sat afk in some zones and not been touched.
There's guardians all over, but they don't do anything.

It feels kind of wrong to have cross faction guilds and groups, it's almost like why even bother with factions?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taear posted:

It feels kind of wrong to have cross faction guilds and groups, it's almost like why even bother with factions?

Stupid holdover from WoW.

Nevertheless, a PvE shard would allows us all to roll whatever race we want and still play in the same guild, so that's the only real option.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Taear posted:

I'm levelling a character from 1, she's currently level 34. I've been attacked once, by a level 40. I've even sat afk in some zones and not been touched.
There's guardians all over, but they don't do anything.

You're on a PvP server and nobody kills anyone on world events?
What's even the point?

I imagine PvP servers are less frustrating now because if you want to just close your eyes and do GHunts or something you can group onto another shard.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

If you're lucky you might get bitter vets run you through normal dungeons for XP if they are bored enough and don't have Icewatch/Mathos/Dragonslayer rep. (Dragonslayer is the only still-relevant rep because Trion hates tanks.)

tbh endurance is so absurdly inflated now that i'm considering just putting main stat runes on legs (sucks to be a rogue though).

i just wish we had an end rune for ranged.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Taear posted:

Well, they didn't make the switch until the two factions started working together against Crucia. So at least it kind of makes some lore sense. I guess?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Taear posted:

And for those who are questing in the new Iron Pine Peak - I've got a quest to dig out avalanche victims and I think it might be broken. I got one, and there's lots of victims just sort of running about but there's nobody to actually dig up. I was wandering around there for ages at about 3am, so nobody was about to steal them. I think maybe they're not respawning properly?
I'd done that quest already before the patch, but I wasn't completely done with Iron Pine Peak when it was applied. So far I ran into two bugged quests, so I ended up moving on to a different zone while they get fixed. And it might just have been a coincidence, but while questing in Iron Pine Peak, my planar points went from 3 to 0 for no reason I could fathom. I don't even have planar skills that burn 3 points at once.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

StumblyWumbly posted:

What's even the point?

People die accidentally from AoEs.

I attacked and killed a level 36 guy earlier and he ran off to a nearby Death rift. In there was a level 42 ranger. The ranger just let the guy die and didn't do a thing. I find it all really strange, people just don't seem to want to attack you.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'd done that quest already before the patch, but I wasn't completely done with Iron Pine Peak when it was applied. So far I ran into two bugged quests, so I ended up moving on to a different zone while they get fixed. And it might just have been a coincidence, but while questing in Iron Pine Peak, my planar points went from 3 to 0 for no reason I could fathom. I don't even have planar skills that burn 3 points at once.

It seems to be broken. I found one spot that spawned victims and just camped it. There seem to be a few broken ones in IPP now after the patch... the one to talk to an Oathbound trainer was also broken for me as I couldn't actually click on the trainer.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013
I just started a guild with a few friends, and did one of the first quests which net us about 500/700 xp, which is cool and all but I logged on today and the guild was level 2! Are there any other ways to get xp besides the quests? If so what would be the quickest way to level a guild?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Does anyone know if the cross-faction guilds also exist on RP servers?
I only ask because my friends play this game on an RP server and I want to know my options race-wise before I roll (I roll dwarfs in everything).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Does anyone know if the cross-faction guilds also exist on RP servers?
I only ask because my friends play this game on an RP server and I want to know my options race-wise before I roll (I roll dwarfs in everything).

I am in a cross-faction guild on an RP server.

I constantly proclaim my distaste for filthy guardians and their ilk. (To be fair they keep making fun of the defiant medic and that is pretty rude).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 12, 2013

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
They are not RPers from what I understand, they just claim that the RP server has the loliest general chat.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I just recently got back into this after playing for a few months after it came out. I'm really liking the changes they made, now I wanna roll deep in deepwood with some goons.

In game as: Klobbermeister, would like an invite please.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bonapartisan posted:

It seems to be broken. I found one spot that spawned victims and just camped it. There seem to be a few broken ones in IPP now after the patch... the one to talk to an Oathbound trainer was also broken for me as I couldn't actually click on the trainer.

I've so far found a single spot, near a broken cart, that spawns the victims. It's not even in the three circles for the quest! That said I've now essentially outlevelled the zone, so it doesn't make much difference.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Daler Mehndi posted:

And it might just have been a coincidence, but while questing in Iron Pine Peak, my planar points went from 3 to 0 for no reason I could fathom. I don't even have planar skills that burn 3 points at once.

Did you have that ability to summon a rescue medic for yourself/someone else while there? That uses 3 planar charges.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

StumblyWumbly posted:

What's even the point?
Because if you kill other people during world events, then either their entire faction will focus you and instagib you, or on the off-chance that you get enough people to overwhelm them, they'll just leave because they've tapped the event and they get credit whether they help you finish it or not, and in return, you get to wait longer.

"PvP server" mostly means "gank server" because all of the options for people that want to face others that are actually level 60 and in PvP gear exist on PvE servers as well, and anyone who isn't both of those two is just a free kill.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
New State of the Game Address

quote:

Greetings, Ascended!

First, I’d like to thank all of you for supporting RIFT! Your contributions come in many forms and the team wouldn't be able to do what it does without your continued support. Everything we do centers around making a better overall experience for you.

Without you, RIFT simply wouldn't be what it is today.

Keep Listening, Keep Adjusting, Keep Delivering

Working on RIFT is an adventure. We receive feedback from so many sources, we see the results of our decisions play out every day, both good and bad. Seeing feedback and adjusting course has always been a critical element of our success and will continue to be. This is exactly the reason why we hot fix nearly every week. It gives us a chance to tweak, improve, balance, fix and address issues that are of concern to you and your friends.

We are always looking at quality of life improvements and finding ways to add or streamline content. There is a lot in store, and I’m sure we’ll adjust our priorities along the way as needed. Some of the things you can expect to see over the coming weeks and months include:
Continued Graphical Optimizations – We know this is a big deal. This is one of the top feedback items we receive and it continues to be actively worked on. We've delivered some optimizations on this front that have primarily been focused on low end systems. As we move forward we will continue to work on ways to make RIFT run faster and better for even more users. These sorts of changes are some of the most risky that you can make to a live game – but also the most rewarding. Because of that risk, we need to be measured in how we roll these out over time, but delivering on them is important to us too.

Cross Shard Functionality and Internationalization – What started as an unintended feature has become a core part of many people’s game play experience! We recently expanded Instant Adventure to span across shards, and we are working to identify and implement other streamlined changes – such as not requiring an “anchor” on another shard. With the release of 2.5 our servers are more friendly to players playing in our supported languages. Item links, auctions, and all sorts of other messages are now based on your client language instead of the language of the server. We want to make sure that more people can play as they want and where they want!

Dimension Enhancements – A number of Dimension quality of life improvements are being worked on too. These include more ways to search your dimension and moving crate, adjustments to the item manipulation interface, and more. We've seen how creative dimensioneers are and will keep trying to find ways to let you go wilder.

Streamlined Zones and Tutorials – We've made updates to classic zones to make them a more pleasant and modern experience, and we have added additional tutorials to help inform new users how to play. We will continue to adjust zones and address pain points in the leveling experience to make sure that it’s more fun to get into RIFT and understand how to play.

Content Additions – As always you can expect us to add new content to the game! While we’re creating brand new content, we’re also revisiting some of the places you know and love, such as chronicles, dungeons, and raids to give them a place that is relevant within current progression. With 2.5 we are testing how we deliver content – instead of overwhelming you with too many things to do on one day, where we often see great things get lost in all the cacophony, we are going to roll out select content week over week where appropriate. Your reactions and feedback to this experiment are important, so let us know what you think about this!

PvP Improvements and Adjustments – PvP is an important part of RIFT and also one of the most contentious. A new system of matchmaking is being introduced with the goal of creating more balanced pickup battles. We are working towards having an outlet for people that want competitive ranked PvP – this system will come out as a limited live test like many of our other features have in the past. We are also lining up additional alternate warfronts and a new type of Conquest game play. PvP dimensions are still in the works and will be unleashed for your usage when they are ready. While doing this, we’re also keeping an eye on class balance for PvP and will continue to make adjustments as you have come to expect.

Dealing with feedback and making appropriate adjustments is tricky in a live game. Feedback is often conflicting, some people only care about certain issues and ignore all others. As developers it is our mission to find the best solution we can for issues brought forth by the entire community. At times it may feel like we are not listening, and not changing based on what you say, but I assure you we are listening, we are evaluating, and we are changing, every day.

Keep Moving Forward: The Road to 3.0

You may have heard us talk about RIFT 3.0 during live streams, or in a few cryptic posts on the forums. It’s not a giant secret – we are actively working on expanding RIFT, and continuing our journey to the planes! We've given small previews of the planes in both Endless Eclipse, and the Plane Breaker Bastion – and RIFT 3.0 goes beyond a section of an instance.

Since as long as I can remember people have been asking when they’d get to take the fight to the planes, and we aim to deliver that. We want players to dive deeper into the worlds beyond Telara, and explore entirely new otherworldly areas as we move forward.

Expansions are always exciting! New places to play, new things to do, expanding mechanics, and adding entirely new systems are all the hallmark of a traditional expansion pack.

We here are Trion are anything but traditional when it comes to development. We want to shake things up and keep things fresh for you. We want to provide the best experience possible, and we want to add new things every step of the way.

That’s why the team is viewing 3.0 not only as the destination and final product, but as a continuing journey that leads to something magnificent.

Why wait for an expansion pack to release a new crafting profession? Why wait to introduce new souls for each of the callings? Why wait to start introducing the story of 3.0?

In the world of “No Tricks, No Traps,” is there a better way to do these things? How can we create the best experience along the road, while preserving the excitement we've all come to love the day that expansions finally release?

We looked at those questions and decided that the old model might just be outdated, and wanted to try something different!

Expect more details around this as time goes on. We hope to bring you the most interesting year of RIFT’s life so far, and hope you’re as excited as we are for the road ahead!

Bill “Daglar” Fisher
Game Director

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Well, that is certainly interesting.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The final product definitely sounds like they're wrapping up any expansions after that.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Username is Jacada, playing on Zaviel.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Can't make it to raid tonight, but I'll maybe be on around 11 EST for EE.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Meadagfe @ Zaviel.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Did the EU shards go down or something?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

mr. nobody posted:

Did you have that ability to summon a rescue medic for yourself/someone else while there? That uses 3 planar charges.
I think I know what happened now. There was a planar invasion, and I fully healed one of the stones after it had been attacked. I never noticed that this used planar charges, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did it three times.

I don't think I even have the skill to summon a rescue medic, is that one of the skills that can be bought at like 13k or 15k in the home city?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Daler Mehndi posted:

I think I know what happened now. There was a planar invasion, and I fully healed one of the stones after it had been attacked. I never noticed that this used planar charges, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did it three times.

I don't think I even have the skill to summon a rescue medic, is that one of the skills that can be bought at like 13k or 15k in the home city?

I think so? I'm kind of surprised it hasn't changed, but that's how it was done years ago.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Today's update!

:siren:RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #2 11/13/13:siren:

== FEATURES ==

Return to Deepstrike - Every week until Fae Yule we're introducing content newlymade for level 60! Our first one is Deepstrike Mines, with a new quest, new storylines, and new enemies to defeat.

GENERAL
* Patrons should no longer have their patron ability charges randomly reset back down to 1.
* Missed out on your House Fluffington title? Fear not! The Corgi rifts will make a sudden return appearance between the times of 11/15 @ 19:00 to 11/18 @ 08:00 server time!
* By popular request, the Definitely Not A Sinister Companion is now larger in size !
* European players will no longer see "???" characters in their chat window when another player types something in Russian. Instead, they will now see the actual Russian characters.

RIFT STORE
* You are now be able to purchase items off the wishlists of your cross-shard friends!
* Merchants will once again sell their wares to you if they cost a single token, such as the Ascended's Lesser Signet.

ZONES
* Rifts: The sky will no longer darken when the Sinister Tide Rift is active.
* Rifts: Players that are level 51 and below can now properly get the Dark Water Rising achievement when completing the Sinister Tide rift.
* Characters that are level 48 or above can now speak to Hunel Pudillo in their home city to teleport directly to Tempest Bay.

EMBER ISLE
* Quest: Dreams Come Through: Fixed an issue that would cause the Dream Anchors to disappear permanently.
* The Atragarian Gift buff will now persist through death.
* The NPCs at Breaker Point have put aside their feuds, and will no longer sporadically attack each other.

IRON PINE PEAK
* All crafting dailies that were previously turned in to Master-at-Arms Varis can now be turned in to Robern Charrette.
* Level 50 Abyssal cultists in Steampike Pit have been relocated.
* Quest: Just Punishment: Completing this quest will result in a pool of daily quests being offered by Robern Charrette in the Chancel of Labors.
* Quest: Thunder Snow: Now functions correctly.
* Quest: Train the Recruits: Can now be completed even if you have completed the daily version.
* Quest: Storm Legion Awaits!: This quest, given by the Map of Brevane and Dusken, has been removed. Using the map now gives the quest "Storm Legion", which directs players to the Lycini Ambassador in their home capital instead of the two now missing Gatekeepers in Iron Pine Peak.
* Quest: Display of Power: This quest has had its objectives fixed, and now correctly turns in to Watcher Natham near Icewatch Ridge.
* Quest: Disrupting the Ritual: The order of this quest's objectives have been corrected.
* Quest: A Wolf in the Flock: The quest target, Regula, is now properly level 35 instead of 48.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* The quest to kill the Sinister Presence is now correctly given to players that have killed the Presence for the first time in the following instances: Queen's Gambit, Unhallowed Boneforge, Empyrean Core and the Planebreaker Bastion chronicle.
* Expert Dungeons: The Sinister Presence found in expert level dungeons is now immune to crowd control excluding Taunt and Interrupt. It will also have a small window of delay between attacks after a charge.
* Return to Deepstrike Achievements can no longer be mistakenly earned by completing Expert Deepstrike Mines.

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Reduced the radius of the Water Spout ability used by Sea Witches in the Planebreaker Bastion from 12 meters to 10 meters.
* The Waterborn Behemoth in Planebreaker Bastion will now cast a much more menacing Tidal Wave.
* The duration of the bleed used by the Waterborn Behemoth in Planebreaker Bastion has been slightly reduced.
* Proteus:
- No longer focuses people who are being attacked by Quicksilver Constructs.

TOWER OF THE SHATTERED
* General Thunderscar:
- Added a short delay before he begins using Electric Bolt.

UNHALLOWED BONEFORGE
* Aghnox:
- Lowered aggro radius slightly.

My favorite feature is bolded, but I've never run Deepstrike Mines before, so hopefully that is well done and fun.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

* The duration of the bleed used by the Waterborn Behemoth in Planebreaker Bastion has been slightly reduced.
* Proteus:
- No longer focuses people who are being attacked by Quicksilver Constructs.

Whoo! No more tankchasing!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Murvin posted:

My favorite feature is bolded, but I've never run Deepstrike Mines before, so hopefully that is well done and fun.

It was one of my least favorites due to people falling off the walkways (or getting knocked of the edge during the 3rd boss. PUGs :argh:), lasers giving you a small area to stand during a few trash pulls and people being terrible at the last boss.

I would have preferred Darkening Deeps myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Whoo! No more tankchasing!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that was the only fun part!

also return to deepstrike is a buggy mess. surprise?

• Locked thread