Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bobo the Red posted:

It's already been talked about a bit in the comments to the update, but I prefer the original layouts to these new ones.

Respectfully I have to agree, I find the original layouts much more attractive. I understand the desire to meet stated target deadlines and all, especially in the Kickstarter world, but speaking personally I'm more than happy to wait longer for what I feel is a superior design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

clockworkjoe posted:

female predators? Is that even a thing outside of rule 34?

Female predators are mentioned in the original AvP novelisation by Steve Perry. The main predator describes them as larger and far more powerful than the males but they mainly stay on the homeworld running their empire. Males compete for mating opportunities through successful hunts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HidaO-Win posted:

Female predators are mentioned in the original AvP novelisation by Steve Perry. The main predator describes them as larger and far more powerful than the males but they mainly stay on the homeworld running their empire. Males compete for mating opportunities through successful hunts.

Thus this image of a Predator PUA:

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

moths posted:

Is anybody following the AvP game? It looks cool, but I've got some reservations.

I've been looking at it. Nice minis but the details about the rules are really vague. I think I'll skip this one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

Respectfully I have to agree, I find the original layouts much more attractive. I understand the desire to meet stated target deadlines and all, especially in the Kickstarter world, but speaking personally I'm more than happy to wait longer for what I feel is a superior design.
I'll ditto this. And the bit about landscape orientation on cards.

Sorry. :smith:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The landscape thing doesn't bother me for the record, it's not like it really messes with either the utility or appeal of the cards to me.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

The landscape thing doesn't bother me for the record, it's not like it really messes with either the utility or appeal of the cards to me.

You say that, but if you're using them as actual cards, you'll rue the day somebody turns his or hers sideways to look at the image, inadvertently providing information about what card they might have.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I guess the notion of using these things as regular playing cards just isn't really a priority of mine. I mean, if I want to play poker I've got cheapy Bicycle decks for that, I'm getting these for the art and potential tabletop/roleplaying gaming value. That you can also use them as a regular deck of playing cards is neat and all, but, y'know, not really a huge concern.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for your feedback guys. I am working on a solution for the layout. As far as the landscape images for, I probably won't keep that for the poker sized deck as they will not really fit easily. So for playing poker with the poker deck, it's not a problem. The layout will stay the same for the tarot sized decks however.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The giant robots are going to be giant. I am in love.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

The giant robots are going to be giant. I am in love.

You should probably tell people that's Mars Attacks, and that the KS ends in about 90 minutes.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Just saw this via Twitter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787661128/feed-the-vampire-mythos-rpg

Build your own vampire mythos RPG looks interesting. The lack of a print book option seems odd though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jedit posted:

You should probably tell people that's Mars Attacks, and that the KS ends in about 90 minutes.

It's also 29 $1 backers away from another backer count freebie, so dig deep and help the backers get the Ume Thurman martian thrown in for free.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/mars-attacks-the-miniatures-game/

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Jedit posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a $90 early bird - with less than half an hour to go. AckAckAck!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

neonchameleon posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a $90 early bird - with less than half an hour to go. AckAckAck!

If you keep that early bird but make your pledged total $100, you get an extra $10 to spend on an addon plus by being at $100+ total pledged you qualify for a free Supreme Regent mini! Adding extra cash in the backer survey doesn't ccount for those rewards. If you had to add any shipping, that counts too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

If you keep that early bird but make your pledged total $100, you get an extra $10 to spend on an addon plus by being at $100+ total pledged you qualify for a free Supreme Regent mini! Adding extra cash in the backer survey doesn't ccount for those rewards. If you had to add any shipping, that counts too.

It's a bit late now. 2753 backers, it just scraped over the line for the Sneaky Martian.

I had to drop my pledge to the Dreadball team and the signed TPBs. My money was better spent elsewhere, I think.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
working on revisions to the layout. Posting here before I post it to the actual kickstarter.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Amerigo came in the mail yesterday, and I tried it out today. All of my friends complained about the numerous individual parts and difficulty setting up the game, but once we started playing and understood what was going on it was awesome.

The construction quality on the pieces was also amazing. I am very impressed.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Thedandmom posted:

working on revisions to the layout. Posting here before I post it to the actual kickstarter.

That looks a lot nicer in my opinion. Something about that oval cutout shape just wasn't doing it for me (I mean, the artwork itself is still lovely, don't worry about that) but this is definitely an improvement.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
A week left in Tianxia, which is $2000 from hitting goal for the second supplement for the game. There's a few other goals after that one, but the creators have decided to offer one of those alternately as a backer goal rather a money goal. If 1000 people back, at any level $1 or higher, the project will get an anthology of fiction about the setting. Robin D. Laws (I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of him but he's worked on a lot of stuff, most of it in recent times for Pelgrane Press) and Allen Turner (the creator of Ehdrigohr, unless I miss my guess), as well as other folks who work in the field and also do fictional type stuff will be featured in such an anthology.

If you haven't checked out Tianxia and want to, you can pledge at a low level and access the draft!

Corporia is chugging along. Having reached the $5000 mark in pledges, the creator has decided to provide a bonus to backers at the $15 or higher. This is a special item that will be available in a PDF supplement. On reaching $7500, a new archetype will be available, also as a PDF for backers at such levels. These are bonuses available on the way to funding, rather than stretch goals.

The creator has a free preview available on the project page, and he has expanded it since the initial posting, adding a few more pages to show some stuff like combat.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I pledged a dollar to Tianxia and like what I've seen so far, it all looks nicely put together and well-written (barring a scattering of typos and some things which could stand to maybe be clarified, but it IS a playtest at the moment). I'm probably going to up my pledge to $15 for the .pdf tier.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
Penguin King Games/David Prokopetz is Kickstarting an adorable RPG called Costume Fairy Adventures where you play tiny fairies that get into all sorts of mischief and have special costumes (that come on cards) that give them different powers.

(Also, the first stretch goal is for me to write a playset for it called "Friday Knights," where your fairies wind up in a house where there's a D&D game going on.)

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Dragon Kings, the spiritual successor to Dark Sun, is finally nearing its funding period. In a little bit less than 3 days (68 hours at time of writing), the window will close for Kickstarter backers.

You get a system-less setting book and the supported systems include Pathfinder and Savage Worlds. In a little bit less than $1000, 13th Age will be a supported system. They are going to continue raising funds through external stretch backing for a bit but the bulk of it is gonna be done when the Kickstarter project is done. If you want the digital PDF level it's $25, and if you want the level which includes a print copy of the setting book, it's $45. You can also add on various things; most of the options for adding print books seem to be at $12.99.

Fate Core is still a stretch goal, but it may take some heavy lifting to get there, if it's even possible, and that's likely through stretch backing, if at all.

Also, Call of Catthulhu is doing pretty well for a project that started out small. It's currently at 700% funded and still tooting along. Stretch goals met already include support for dogs as characters, making the book full color, an extra adventure, a German translation (important since the game was played and enjoyed at SPIEL, I hear). There's also additional options for dice and a stretch goal for a supplement about how to use humans in the game, and an undisclosed stretch goal to create the game in a boxed set.

And if anyone is interested, I noticed on social media today that Demon: the Descent's "prestige" edition will be starting its Kickstarter tomorrow, in roughly 21-22 hours from now.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

Ewen Cluney posted:

Penguin King Games/David Prokopetz is Kickstarting an adorable RPG called Costume Fairy Adventures where you play tiny fairies that get into all sorts of mischief and have special costumes (that come on cards) that give them different powers.

(Also, the first stretch goal is for me to write a playset for it called "Friday Knights," where your fairies wind up in a house where there's a D&D game going on.)

The second stretch goal is for me to write a half of a playset called "Disorder in the Court." It's about rising up like a phoenix to protect what is right. Or stealing pumpkin tanks, chasing a herd of sky corgi, and being nosy nuisances. Hello!

Sarx
May 27, 2007

The Marksman
I have the small version of Call of Catthulhu that Joel was selling at Gencon and it is a really cool little game. I am eager to see what he can do with a bigger project.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Its a shame that battle systems stuff doesnt really provide enough for an Infinity table. Still sort of debating it, wondering if I could make a "cargo hold" area using my current shipping containers and existing terrain.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MisterShine posted:

Its a shame that battle systems stuff doesnt really provide enough for an Infinity table. Still sort of debating it, wondering if I could make a "cargo hold" area using my current shipping containers and existing terrain.

The problem is going to be the floor tiles. If the stretch goals carry you to enough extra walls and you snag one of their floor expansions, you might be able to do a 3x3 without doubling down on the base set, but I don't think you're going to be able to do much more than that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had a friend say the World of Darkness Demon KS was starting tomorrow, that true?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
According to Onyx Path's tumblr, yes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It says noon on their news page.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, they're doing Demon before Mage? What the gently caress?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It's for the nWoD Demon: the Descent.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Games & Gears are doing 6' by 4' gaming boards with different designs. Bit like Realms of Battle, except without hills and with some carved details:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554355176/games-and-gears-battle-boards

(6/10mm modern/scifi roads. 4x 2' by 2' boards pictured)

(28mm fantasy city details)

There's also 28mm version of the first one, a Hellscape and scifi-rooms one.

Looks pretty promising and the price isn't bad: 62 British money.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

jammu posted:

Looks pretty promising and the price isn't bad: 62 British money.

The more impressive part is the free shipping to the USA, UK, EU, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. At that price for a full board, and with free shipping, it's hard to turn down. I grabbed a single earlybird for the 10mm city roads plus the buildings add on in case I ever take up Dropzone Commander, but more importantly as a good board for Robotech Tactics.

Since it ships in May next year, it should arrive just before Robotech does :v:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Cityscape boards look good, but that has to be one of the worst cobblestone streets (graphic-wise) I've ever seen. It looks very rough. Is it a draft, or the final version? here's hoping it's the former.

That's a rocking building in the background.

Germ fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 12, 2013

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

2x2 sections make me sad. I mean, it's nice, but not really viable for warmachine :(

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

... out of curiosity, with the news about that scammer that has targeted several projects with chargebacks, have any Goon-made projects been hit? Or any that you know of? Apparently the Changing Breeds one did get hit by said scammer.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What's this now? Got a link or anything? I hadn't heard about that.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

There are a few around. The dude(?)'s name is Encik Farhan, which, according to at least one commenter, pretty much means "Mister Farhan", and he appears to be Malaysian. It came to light when the author of a webcomic KS got hit with a $1000 Chargeback. Some investigation revealed other KS projects that had gone through the same.

This is the post where said artist posted about it. KS is currently investigating and the dude's page has been shut down and banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Bad Munki posted:

What's this now? Got a link or anything? I hadn't heard about that.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5081806/kickstarter-alleged-chargeback-fraud-hits-over-100-campaigns

I can't imagine that the chargebacks will stand when there are so many of them; it should be easy to prove to credit card companies that he was attempting a scam rather than there being 100 projects that all tried to scam him for $1000.

I didn't think most kickstarters shipped within the chargeback period, I wonder if he just went around looking for kickstarters shipping within 3 months of the end of the campaign or something.

• Locked thread