Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

hot sauce posted:

New rnmickeymouse video of someone panic braking in a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBils1cdNg4

So he could shell out for a full set of leathers(even if it has duct-tape holding the rear end together), but he couldn't get something other than sketchers for his feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

The slowmo of that is hilarious. Turn is over, time to GRAB HANDFUL OF BRAKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8RW8IsvxA

Trying to figure out how to PERFECT THIS. HUGHNNGNNNNGNGNGNNNNGNGNNGNNGN UHNGNGNGNNGN

This is way better than the guy who hits a deer and starts screaming.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Oh god I remember that one. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HEEEEEEEEELP!!!! *calls mom*

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Didn't that guy break his leg or something though? I recall he was riding in shorts and sneakers.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

hot sauce posted:

Full leathers, and sneakers without socks

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Didn't that guy break his leg or something though? I recall he was riding in shorts and sneakers.

According to his description, he did get pretty hurt. Maybe that's why I don't feel so bad about laughing at the other guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCrbQv5P3k

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Deeters posted:

This is way better than the guy who hits a deer and starts screaming.
Disagree. No matter how bad that guy got hurt, he was hilarious. And when he got his mom on the phone and he was like MOOOM HELP I CRASHED MY BIKE didn't she sigh and say "again?"

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Deeters posted:

According to his description, he did get pretty hurt. Maybe that's why I don't feel so bad about laughing at the other guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCrbQv5P3k

This really makes me want to invest on actual riding boots instead of my Walmart tims.

Also it reminds me of that video where the guy says something like "nothing is as powerful as the sun" before smacking into the back of a mail truck.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

hot sauce posted:

Also it reminds me of that video where the guy says something like "nothing is as powerful as the sun" before smacking into the back of a mail truck.

"The sun does not have no prisoners".

That's like #3 on the list of dumb tattoos I'd get.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

hot sauce posted:

Is he wearing chaps? :raise:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

hot sauce posted:

I like how he lost both the seat of his bike and the seat of his pants :v:

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

MetaJew posted:

Is he wearing chaps? :raise:

Rnicky really needs to start interviewing these riders after they go down. We have questions, damnit!

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
rnickey, "hey are you okay? Yea? okay can you please take us through this turn by... well just turn, as I show the playback on the screen here?"

*bluetooths replay to 56 inch flatscreen set up in the camp out apex*

every rider ever, "Dude I don't even know what happened there must be gravel there or something"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He'll post the rider comments in the description sometimes, and yeah, it's usually a bunch of excuse-making.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

The slowmo of that is hilarious. Turn is over, time to GRAB HANDFUL OF BRAKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8RW8IsvxA

Trying to figure out how to PERFECT THIS. HUGHNNGNNNNGNGNGNNNNGNGNNGNNGN UHNGNGNGNNGN

Reminds me of this idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WE6Nukz-50

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
This pretty much seals the deal, cafe/brat/whatever are just the choppers of the 2010s. In a few years expect to find $70,000 custom CL350s on craigslist.

Barnetts is now printing "Bike Craft"

If you don't know who Barnetts is they're the same assholes who make things like this

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Thems are some terrible layouts and printing right there. Shameful.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I like how he lost both the seat of his bike and the seat of his pants :v:

It looks like he had green tape on his knee and rear end, possibly to cover holes from an earlier crash.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Tactical Triumph? But how does it do crossfit, talk about all the times it's trained with SWAT, and endlessly fap over high speed low drag clipon flashlights?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They've tactically omitted a frame and rely on the super-stiff triumph parallel twin engine for rigidity.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
God there are so many terrible things about that bike. I just noticed the dual berringer calipers/rotors. If the bike was as light as it should be with a setup like that you would only need one.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

With basically no frame and two beringer brakes it's worse than that, it's outright dangerous

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

M42 posted:

Two horizontally stacked round headlights are my fave. poo poo looks like a cyborg.

^ Don't bother trying to find the last one. Guy took em off a ferarri.
Haven't checked in for a few days. Sorry for the Pages Old Reply.
Seems you can get Xenons from a MINI for a reasonable price. Needs 40w, throws 2500-3000 lumens, compared to ~700 for a 40w Halogen. They kind of look cooler than the Ferarri ones, too.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/mini-cooper-xenon

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Slavvy posted:

They've tactically omitted a frame and rely on the super-stiff triumph parallel twin engine for rigidity.

The guys who built that "Loaded Gun Customs" also built another bike called "Bucephalus", yeah. They made a custom frame for that one that looked even more ridiculous than this no frame. I took a pass on posting this video on our blog cause he seems to be and actual mechanic but it's pretty dopey http://vimeo.com/696509

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'd actually like to read that article and see if they explain how you can use an engine as a stressed member when the engine wasn't designed to be used as a stressed member. That's like using a gas tank as part of the frame or something, you can't just do that without redesigning it, surely.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'd actually like to read that article and see if they explain how you can use an engine as a stressed member when the engine wasn't designed to be used as a stressed member. That's like using a gas tank as part of the frame or something, you can't just do that without redesigning it, surely.

You're just being limited by, like, your conventional thinking and poo poo. Building a custom bike isn't about stuff you read in books and poo poo, that's just stuff someone else made up to keep you confined. It's about putting your soul into it and doing things by hand like a crafstman would have in the 60's, man.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Look, man, I don't know how to tell you this, but these days, in our world of over-engineered safety, our government control, Obamacare, there is no danger anymore. There is a quietly beating pulse somewhere left there, in the red blooded men who invest in old watches, hard steel, and real machinery, but it's a latent force, subsumed by the marginalization of the American dream, of the lost souls of old experts, the longing of a people for freedom from the constraints of a society that doesn't care, has forgotten how to feel, is more invested in their cell phone than the looming majesty of the open road, of customized steeds and just picking a direction. They're trying to recapture that magic. Take away the safety net. Let us live freely, on our own! Let us heed the desire, no, the need to use our cranks as a stressed member. Let the latent masculinity rise like the picket fences of yore, and ride to the gulch of enlightenment on a steed that is built out of the power of an ideological purity, of no need for a frame through which to view the world or experience the ride. This is real. This is power. This is the ultimate expression of what it means to be a captain of your own industry.

Available for purchase starting from $34,000. Financing available.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Z3n posted:

Look, man, I don't know how to tell you this, but these days, in our world of over-engineered safety, our government control, Obamacare, there is no danger anymore. There is a quietly beating pulse somewhere left there, in the red blooded men who invest in old watches, hard steel, and real machinery, but it's a latent force, subsumed by the marginalization of the American dream, of the lost souls of old experts, the longing of a people for freedom from the constraints of a society that doesn't care, has forgotten how to feel, is more invested in their cell phone than the looming majesty of the open road, of customized steeds and just picking a direction. They're trying to recapture that magic. Take away the safety net. Let us live freely, on our own! Let us heed the desire, no, the need to use our cranks as a stressed member. Let the latent masculinity rise like the picket fences of yore, and ride to the gulch of enlightenment on a steed that is built out of the power of an ideological purity, of no need for a frame through which to view the world or experience the ride. This is real. This is power. This is the ultimate expression of what it means to be a captain of your own industry.

Available for purchase starting from $34,000. Financing available.

Here is the non wall of text version of what he said, http://hipsterbikevideos.tumblr.com/post/66757697790/hey-man-were-just-a-company-thats-all-about#notes

STOP PLAGIARIZING :3

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

lol Charlie Boorman and Johnny Knoxville.

used triumph frames for sale, inquire within

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
"The Build" website is a really loving retarded way of showing a movie.

drat your tumblr for showing it to me.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I don't think any amount of words can wrap around and fortify the natural talc-like crumbliness of Triumph engine mounts.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Z3n posted:

Let us heed the desire, no, the need to use our cranks as a stressed member.

Come again?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm just talking about the explosive release of a man's crank flinging widely out of control from the safe constraints of its normal channel.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

My crank's about to explosively release. If you know what I'm saying.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

tjones
May 13, 2005

Sometimes I forget what it is like to browse SA with avatars and titles disabled. Thanks. :)

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Touché. I wish I could remember who made that avatar for me. It was way back when, before Alt+F5 or whoever the current av superstar is.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Z3n posted:

Tactical Triumph? But how does it do crossfit, talk about all the times it's trained with SWAT, and endlessly fap over high speed low drag clipon flashlights?

I want to see a bike covered with picatinny rails.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenny Rogers posted:

Haven't checked in for a few days. Sorry for the Pages Old Reply.
Seems you can get Xenons from a MINI for a reasonable price. Needs 40w, throws 2500-3000 lumens, compared to ~700 for a 40w Halogen. They kind of look cooler than the Ferarri ones, too.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/mini-cooper-xenon

Hmm, interesting. Are the two lenses a high and low beam, or a bi-xenon and a foglamp/turn signal/something else? That is pretty tempting.

Totally inappropriate looking on my bike but I still like the idea of screwing around with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

M42 posted:

^ Don't bother trying to find the last one. Guy took em off a ferarri.

So, with these are the headlights in the Ferrari stacked one on top of the other, or are they mounted horizontally? I ask because, isn't there a little piece of metal in the projector housing acting as a cutoff? It seems like if you wanted to use any car headlight you would have to modify the cutoff or completely remove it.