Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
"This memorial facility is now operated by Serco [something] Keep Off!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

"and G4S"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe of the week

I've checked and checked again and this seems 100% bile free anhd I'm freaking out.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

For some reason I absolutely LOVE the National Collective cartoons, although they focus on Scottish politics and the independence debate. Hope these are ok to post in this thread.

Of course its ok, this isn't English Political Cartoons Mega Thread. :cheers:

It seems Steve Bell's IF... this week is a carry on from last week, I hope he does the month epic IF like he did before (that Falklands one)!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr. Squishy posted:

Scarfe of the week

I've checked and checked again and this seems 100% bile free anhd I'm freaking out.

I'm not seeing the connection with Remembrance Day.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is a pacifist, "never again" side to remembrance day.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Major's intervention on Tory social policy – Former PM blames 'collapse in social mobility' on Labour and says government should do more to help pensioners"

Telegraph:

Walk-in centre closures 'may worsen A&E crisis'

Independent:

With acknowledgements to DC Thomson.

Express;

Foreign people exist.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mr. Squishy posted:

There is a pacifist, "never again" side to remembrance day.

Not that you'd notice these days.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Go gently caress yourself you racist piece of poo poo.

"Look closer, George. Look closer at the facts!" I just love his IDS.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's 'permanent austerity' speech - PM reverses 2010 claim that he was imposing cuts out of necessity in speech that calls for permanently reduced state spending"

Telegraph:

Broadcaster David Dimbleby gets first tattoo aged 75. Yup.

Independent:

Energy bill hikes to last 17 more years - watchdog

Mail:
"The A&E departments throughout the UK are full to bursting."

quote:

“Hey. This is bliss. I’ve been on a trolley in A&E for the past 72 hours.”

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is the correct answer 'I have no loving idea'?

I mean assuming Miliband is the hammer and sickle, raging communist that he is, who the gently caress is CLASS WAR? I guess it could be Boris Johnson if it's upside down and aimed at the poors

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Probably Major after he had a go at the elites running Britain yesterday. (all the fault of that awful Labour party donchaknow)

I like that he remembered to give Blunkett notes in braille. That and the inclusion of Grayson Perry makes it the Most Inclusive Express Cartoon Ever.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Mr. Squishy posted:

Probably Major after he had a go at the elites running Britain yesterday. (all the fault of that awful Labour party donchaknow)

Oh yeah, good point. Sometimes you need to take a step back and see things from the bizarro perspective.

Case in point, maybe that Question Time cartoon is actually a searing indictment of lefty liberal bias BBC if you're the target audience

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

baka kaba posted:

Is the correct answer 'I have no loving idea'?

I mean assuming Miliband is the hammer and sickle, raging communist that he is, who the gently caress is CLASS WAR? I guess it could be Boris Johnson if it's upside down and aimed at the poors

1 is obviously d, Dimbleby, since that's the story. 3 has to be f, Farage and 6 c, Miliband. 4 is probably a, Major, after his comments about social mobility a few days ago. That leaves 2 and 5, and Johnson and Cameron. I'd say 2 and e, based on another line in his Guildhall speech, Therefore 5 and b, and a sign of ambition.

1 d; 2 e; 3 f; 4 a; 5 b; 6 c.

Venmoch
Jan 7, 2007

Either you pay me or I flay you alive... With my mind!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I like that he remembered to give Blunkett notes in braille.

Although Blunkett also appears to be having a stroke.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Venmoch posted:

Although Blunkett also appears to be having a stroke.

No, he's got both hands on the table, hague on the other hand....

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Bank of England's latest economic forecasts – Mark Carney, the Bank's governor, says recovery has 'finally taken hold' but is in no hurry to raise interest rates"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Mail:
"The bank of England head says that the UK economy is on the road to recovery."

quote:

“There’s a Mr Ed Balls sobbing at the door seeking sanctuary.”

Express:

:ughh:

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
so when do we shop thomas for inciting racial hatred? with the filthy fugees in their disgusting cheap vestments desecrating the cemetary of proud british nationals and all. how tall are phone boxes where you're from thomas, you sack of poo poo?

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

It's 'ello 'ello 'ello, he can't get his own British references right.

(Also why are they in a graveyard?)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The best bit about this one is the wall-eyed dog.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Clapham Omnibus posted:

(Also why are they in a graveyard?)

Maybe he mistakes foreigners for vampires? Would explain a lot.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

David Cameron promises Sri Lanka 'tough message' on alleged war crimes; Prince Charles: The heir at 65

Independent:

Express:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

That face :stare:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I just scrolled down and didn't see the tattoo at first, so all I saw was what looked like Camilla pointing and laughing at a naked Charles and assumed it was a potentially treasonous dick joke or something.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Honestly his racist caricatures come across as quite flattering when compared to his portrayals of people he actually approves of. :psyduck:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Kegluneq posted:

Honestly his racist caricatures come across as quite flattering when compared to his portrayals of people he actually approves of. :psyduck:

Charles and Camilla are the last Royal couple the Express would approve of, apart from anything else he's pro wind farms.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the welfare state - Prime minister David Cameron sees social mobility shredded"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt and the NHS - Health secretary suffers from nasty bout of A&E"

Yesterday's Mail:
"The EU has decreed that the UK should continue to pay ex-pats winter fuel allowance."

quote:

“Oh goody. Here comes our winter fuel.”

Stephen Collins:

:nsa:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Growth - David Cameron-style - Chris Riddell on the Coalition's economic policy and the Tories website purge"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sri Lanka President Rajapaksa defiant on rights row

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt and the NHS - Health secretary suffers from nasty bout of A&E"

Stephen Collins:

:nsa:

:allears:

Love these two.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Mail:
"The EU has decreed that the UK should continue to pay ex-pats winter fuel allowance."

Granted I don't live in Spain, but I assume it's not that hot in winter?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Granted I don't live in Spain, but I assume it's not that hot in winter?
Nighttime winter means of 8 degrees C on the Costa del Sol, which is fairly close to our day time temperatures, and I'm wearing layers. Even during the day it's not going to be sunbathing weather. On the other hand, gently caress ex-pats.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and health workers – Prime minister backs law announced by health secretary Jeremy Hunt on new offence of wilful mistreatment in wake of Mid Staffs scandal"

Telegraph:

Tory blow as Tycoon Paul Sykes gives UKip millions - Self-made businessman promises to do “whatever it takes” to help Ukip top the polls in May

Independent:

Labour six points ahead in new poll - Gap is opened by Tory slide – but 53 per cent cannot imagine Ed Miliband as Prime Minister

Express:

Strictly Come Dancing Blackpool dressing room thieves strike

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Paul Sykes' financial support for Ukip - Wealthy eurosceptic businessman promises to do 'whatever it takes' to make Ukip the largest UK party in the parliament"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Mail:

quote:

'I believe he was also a high-flyer for the co-op bank'
Co-op probe after drug allegations against ex-boss

Express:

:sun: It's cold! :supaburn:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The GCU Better Red than Dead sets out on its maiden voyage.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

:sun: It's cold! :supaburn:

That dog again.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Also, vote for the Political Cartoon Of The Year! Here's the link.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Butt Potato posted:

Also, vote for the Political Cartoon Of The Year! Here's the link.
If you don't vote for the Steve Bell Thatcher one then I don't even know what to say to you.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Paul Thomas nomination :ughh:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I've said it before, but Bell's problem is that he tends to go a bit too far and his characters come out pretty unrealistic. Things like his portrayal of IDS as a sadistic, blood-sucking vampire - far more human and likeable than the real thing. Is Steve a crypto-Tory??

• Locked thread