Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Eh, sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
I didnt know the actor who played saruman had such draconian opinions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
good, maybe we can kill some people

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Pick posted:

I know someone who thinks if you're wearing pantyhose then you don't have to wear underwear. I vehemently disagree, because then you get your pantyhose all crotchy. You need to avoid that because washing pantyhose is like a death sentence for them since they are made of angel's sneezes and ghost whispers.

Wait so pantyhose don't get washed ever basically?

That is pretty loving gross.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fisticuffs posted:

Wait so pantyhose don't get washed ever basically?

That is pretty loving gross.

They are really really sheer, man, they don't survive rough handling at all.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, the comment about tearing your tights by scratching absently at your leg was not exaggerating. gently caress pantyhose.

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

I'm a pantsuit kinda gal myself. No need for pantyhose, just a good pair of dress socks, and a shoe like this one:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

That's a powerful look. I hope you're taking over some worlds cuz man you look it! I mean that in a good way

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

good, maybe we can kill some people

Sorry Iranian men don't really use razors as much as westerners have you not seen their beards?

Also electric supremacy. Vaguely mash my razor against my face and bam done.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hirudo posted:

I'm a pantsuit kinda gal myself. No need for pantyhose, just a good pair of dress socks, and a shoe like this one:

ugh the open-side version is gross

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I heard electric leaves you stubbley and can still give you nicks is this true?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
hay ladies

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Pick posted:

They are really really sheer, man, they don't survive rough handling at all.

I have one shirt that I have to handwash. I just never wear it. Are pantyhose cheap enough to wear a few times and toss or what is the strategem there?

Corn Thongs posted:

I haven't shaved at all in like five years but I did see this image a few weeks ago.

http://imgur.com/fkkn3

I've never used an electric, but I think with a manual you probably won't have to shave as often. That's what I've heard at least.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Is there anything you nice ladies need mansplained today? I am pretty versatile and have access to Google, which is pretty technological and complicated.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Good pantyhose are like $10/pair, that's a lot for one night out.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fisticuffs posted:

I have one shirt that I have to handwash. I just never wear it. Are pantyhose cheap enough to wear a few times and toss or what is the strategem there?

I haven't shaved at all in like five years but I did see this image a few weeks ago.

I've never used an electric, but I think with a manual you probably won't have to shave as often. That's what I've heard at least.

Corn Thongs posted:

Stubbly no, nicks only if you don't clean it once a week.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pick posted:

Good pantyhose are like $10/pair, that's a lot for one night out.

Trousers. Those last AGES

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I totally get why women wear them and I would probably wear them too were the tables turned, but I cannot loving stand wedge heels. It's excessive to the point of irrationality. I get grumpy when I see them, they're so aesthetically offensive to me. Not grumpy at the person wearing them, just incensed in general that wedges are a thing that exists.

I was a shoe salesman at the fancy end of a huge department store for a year so I've developed all kinds of nervous tics and stereotypes about womens' footwear, all of them pretty excessive and unreasonable, but that's the worst.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
cant decide if my newfound knowledge that pantyhose isn't washable is secretly sexy or not

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i enjoy fancy shoes but sometimes i feel like a dinosaur stumbling around drunkenly if the heel is too high

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I totally get why women wear them and I would probably wear them too were the tables turned, but I cannot loving stand wedge heels. It's excessive to the point of irrationality. I get grumpy when I see them, they're so aesthetically offensive to me. Not grumpy at the person wearing them, just incensed in general that wedges are a thing that exists.

I was a shoe salesman at the fancy end of a huge department store for a year so I've developed all kinds of nervous tics and stereotypes about womens' footwear, all of them pretty excessive and unreasonable, but that's the worst.

and not gladiator boots? those are the worst!!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Fisticuffs posted:

It's like shoving your face into a blender :xd:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
my feet are too big for ladies shoes anyway, I just wear walking boots or sandals

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fatkraken posted:

my feet are too big for ladies shoes anyway, I just wear walking boots or sandals

The Rack has a section for those size 11 and above. I've seen up to 15s there, which seems like it'd accommodate anything short of Robert Wadlow.

A dead man.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Wedge heels make women look like idiots 99 times out of 100. They look super good on models and movie stars but weird on anyone with a less than "perfect" leg to body ratio. Which is pretty much everyone.

Pick posted:

and not gladiator boots? those are the worst!!

If you mean those Greek sandals that girls wear now I am going to be upset. Those things are hella sweet. Also, there was a time like maybe four years ago where all the cool girls had feathers wired into their hair and I thought that was pretty neat.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Pick posted:

Sorry but I'm even pretty careless about shaving (like schwoop up the leg, schwoop) and I don't cut myself constantly??

I was once shaving my legs and cut off a huge strip of my skin. I still have a faint scar there a year later.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The cool girls of high school age perhaps

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hahaha feathers in your hair, yeah that sounds like something a cool person would do :buddy:

oh oh oh or the clip-in bright colored extensions!! (so mom does not get MAD :ohdear: )

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Corn Thongs posted:

The cool girls of high school age perhaps

Well duh.

E: who outside of highschool considers themselves to "the cool people" anyway?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Pick posted:

hahaha feathers in your hair, yeah that sounds like something a cool person would do :buddy:

oh oh oh or the clip-in bright colored extensions!! (so mom does not get MAD :ohdear: )

i was going to reply but yeah basically this lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also, if I see ONE MORE ombre thing i am going to poo poo a gradient

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lol I haven't seen feathers in forever

I did see a stupid ad for some sort of day-long hair dying though, where your options are "PINK" "BLUE" "ORANGE" and "REALLY UGLY GREEN". mix and match girls!!*

*may cause hair or boyfriend loss

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I hardly recognize high schoolers as people so I didn't even register feathers in hair as A Thing

anotherjen
Oct 23, 2010
Moms in my area are dying their hair bright colors, that pretty much is the kiss off death for any trend.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

what the gently caress is with these boots that started coming out last fall that mix black and brown leather

what the gently caress what the gently caress

if there's one rule with leather, it's don't do EXACTLY THAT

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

You ladies are oddly receptive to the presence of dudebros like myself. I expected to get trolled at least a little bit. Women only ever let me down.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Spider Covets posted:

lol I haven't seen feathers in forever

I did see a stupid ad for some sort of day-long hair dying though, where your options are "PINK" "BLUE" "ORANGE" and "REALLY UGLY GREEN". mix and match girls!!*

*may cause hair or boyfriend loss

Pink's like the only hair color I've seen that seems to last okay and fade out in a non-stupid way

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

what the gently caress is with these boots that started coming out last fall that mix black and brown leather

what the gently caress what the gently caress

if there's one rule with leather, it's don't do EXACTLY THAT

I've seen navy and black leather combined too.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Fisticuffs posted:

You ladies are oddly receptive to the presence of dudebros like myself. I expected to get trolled at least a little bit. Women only ever let me down.

At night men are baptized in the fires of "talking about vagina problems."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pick posted:

The Rack has a section for those size 11 and above. I've seen up to 15s there, which seems like it'd accommodate anything short of Robert Wadlow.

A dead man.

well I also don't really care about shoes so having big feet is a convenient excuse. I need new socks though my army boots give me blisters and my walking boots are letting water in

• Locked thread