Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Yes, this is why I think manicures are for rare occasions and people who get them monthly or whatever are silly

I only even put on nail polish prob once every few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Prettz posted:

you know we're in 2013 and i really thought that by now someone would have invented some kind of drug or something where they inject you in a spot and all the hair there falls out, permanently. if someone were to invent something like this they would pretty much be able to print money.

yeah anything that does that would be really good for you. like botox

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of nails, does anyone else have trouble keeping polish on for more than a day? I keep my nails pretty short and always use base- and topcoats, but I always, always get chips really fast.

Yeah. Except toenails, it lasts forever on there for some reason

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

i wish i knew some ladies to talk too ladies please meesage me

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of nails, does anyone else have trouble keeping polish on for more than a day? I keep my nails pretty short and always use base- and topcoats, but I always, always get chips really fast.

What kind of top coat and base coat are you using? If you want cheapo drugstore stuff, Revlon multicare base coat holds on pretty well. For slightly better quality, China Glaze sticky adhesion base coat does a good job. For top coat I'm a Seche Vite fan, but some people have shrinkage issues with it.

Also are you wrapping the tips with the polish and top coat? That'll stop like a poo poo ton of chips from occurring.

Come to the nail polish thread in YLLS, all the ladies are nice and before you know it you'll be topping 300 bottles and wondering what happened to your life...

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i put nailpolish on a lot but i don't really care about my nails otherwise, my nails are all nubs of different lengths and my cuticles are horrid and dehydrated

Pick posted:

Yeah. Except toenails, it lasts forever on there for some reason

truth, i got a pedicure with my mom like 4 months ago and its still there on the very tip of my toenails

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pick posted:

basically don't buy Lush stuff it's half water and smelly as balls

I Love Juicy is pretty good, and their shampoo smells like tasty things and prevents my white people hair from becoming super greasy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My nails are purple with a sparkly blue flake on top. I didn't even use a topcoat and this poo poo's still going strong for a third week with little to no chipping. And I wear sandals every day. :cool:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chiba City Blues posted:

i put nailpolish on a lot but i don't really care about my nails otherwise, my nails are all nubs of different lengths and my cuticles as horrid and dehydrated

I remember a lady at the mall being like "ma'am, are your nails properly hydrated?" and I just laughed, I couldn't help it, I'd just gotten back from doing an assessment at a loving sewer overflow and I was like... these fingers were just in poo water

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

I remember a lady at the mall being like "ma'am, are your nails properly hydrated?" and I just laughed, I couldn't help it, I'd just gotten back from doing an assessment at a loving sewer overflow and I was like... these fingers were just in poo water

Thats like a mudbath x 10.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Pick posted:

Frankly I don't give a poo poo about my nails

at all

this thread is reminding me how very ladylike I am, and as a cooter-loving penis-haver i'm not sure how that makes me feel

(i used to hand-paint my nails in a checkerboard pattern, stick-ons are for wussies)

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Pick posted:

for real, i work in a lab using acetone as a solvent for things so my nailpolish is probably gonna look lovely pretty quick but i'm not gonna replace it every day, too much effort :colbert:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I like having fancy nails but I type like all day at work so having really long ones isn't very useful :(

Also NEVER get acrylics at a salon, oh my god, removing those was the most painful experience ever, and I even soaked them in remover for forever before trying. wrecked my poo poo!

----------------

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my hand is in too many vaginers for me to have super long nails

cruelty

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pick posted:

my hand is in too many vaginers for me to have super long nails

cruelty

wait you have poopy hands but you also touch vags??? :gonk:

----------------

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Women's Rights? posted:

What kind of top coat and base coat are you using? If you want cheapo drugstore stuff, Revlon multicare base coat holds on pretty well. For slightly better quality, China Glaze sticky adhesion base coat does a good job. For top coat I'm a Seche Vite fan, but some people have shrinkage issues with it.

Also are you wrapping the tips with the polish and top coat? That'll stop like a poo poo ton of chips from occurring.

Come to the nail polish thread in YLLS, all the ladies are nice and before you know it you'll be topping 300 bottles and wondering what happened to your life...

Essie for both, and I do wrap the tips. I've heard that body chemistry plays a part in how polish adheres... though like others in this thread, pedicures last forever on me, so maybe I'm just banging my hands around more than I think I am.

I do lurk the polish thread, but that thread moves fast. Everyone does seem super nice, though!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Prettz posted:

you know we're in 2013 and i really thought that by now someone would have invented some kind of drug or something where they inject you in a spot and all the hair there falls out, permanently. if someone were to invent something like this they would pretty much be able to print money.

they have that, but its not a drug, it's laser hair removal, and yeah it's a money printing machine, it's hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on the body part

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Spider Covets posted:

wait you have poopy hands but you also touch vags??? :gonk:

i did the sewer bioassessment stuff very rarely and also i cleaned my hands, i cleaned them!! i did not let the poowater linger!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the loving velveteen nail polish is the worst

it is

GROSS

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pick posted:

i did the sewer bioassessment stuff very rarely and also i cleaned my hands, i cleaned them!! i did not let the poowater linger!!

ok you can stay in the thread :>

----------------

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

i thought taht said velveeta lol

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

OMGVBFLOL posted:

they have that, but its not a drug, it's laser hair removal, and yeah it's a money printing machine, it's hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on the body part
from what i hear that poo poo is really complicated and takes several sessions. and they have to laser out each hair follicle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mitchard posted:

i thought taht said velveeta lol

ew

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
yeah and it only works if you have light skin and dark hair, the laser tracking needs that contrast
so if you've got dark skin and dark hair youre out of luck

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Prettz posted:

from what i hear that poo poo is really complicated and takes several sessions. and they have to laser out each hair follicle.

It hurts like a bitch too. like someone snapping a rubber band on you over and over

Buuuuuuut I'd say it's worth it, it doesn't stay gone forever always either, but it makes shaving really easy!

----------------

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so do any of you ladies play bass

i'm trying to start a noise rock band

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

It hurts like a bitch too. like someone snapping a rubber band on you over and over

Buuuuuuut I'd say it's worth it, it doesn't stay gone forever always either, but it makes shaving really easy!

are you hella rich?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Spider Covets posted:

oh my god probably someone has done that to remove asshair and it would be like getting snapped by a rubber band in YOUR rear end

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

your butt is less sensitive, imagine getting it done right over your skittle

Corn Thongs posted:

are you hella rich?

im three olives

Actually no I found a groupon that was all sessions for $200 total. score!

----------------

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Pick posted:

oh my god probably someone has done that to remove asshair and it would be like getting snapped by a rubber band in YOUR rear end
just another saturday night for me

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

A Spider Covets posted:

is that what the kids are calling it

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I can never get my underarms fully smooth and even and I have tried everything. You can see the little buggers growing under the translucent skin no matter what. :mad:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Corn Thongs posted:

are you hella rich?

a friend of mine had her pits done for, i think $300? It was some groupon thing, got her 4 sessions which apparently was enough to wipe it out pretty much entirely

the multiple sessions is because it has to hit the folicle during its growth stage or something like that

e:

A Spider Covets posted:

:tinfoil:

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

As convenient as that would be, I can't help but think of what else to do with $200 of groupons. There was a marble slab one that was pretty good.

Actually that might be cheaper than the lifetime pre-menopausal cost of waxing/razors. Now I wanna do a spreadsheet. poo poo.

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain
Bite it off

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Spider Covets posted:

NOPE

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

so do any of you ladies play bass

i'm trying to start a noise rock band
only thing hotter than a girl bassist is a girl drummer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdm14xANBY

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

im three olives

oh nice. how long is your hair gone for?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
are we talking about butts now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I play the balalaika(badly). Which I guess is hot if you have a thing for Russian peasants.

• Locked thread