Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

It's too much work placing in lighting rounds so I'm just grabbing these for later each time one comes along

They will go away after the lightning rounds end from what I've seen so drop em fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't know how long it'll take them to figure out this repeating bonuses thing, but until then I'm going to keep killing level 20 Juggernaut for Hero Points.

It'll take a few repetitions of the fight. I have all four rewards collected for that one now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

WetSpink posted:

They will go away after the lightning rounds end from what I've seen so drop em fast.

There was 8 nefarious tokens which might have stayed. I just went through all 8 though and every single one was a power I had maxed out on my single star heroes. So yippee 800 ISO

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Heroes don't revive/heal if you train them anymore. :(
This game is pushing the F2P angle harder and harder.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Poulpe posted:

Heroes don't revive/heal if you train them anymore. :(
This game is pushing the F2P angle harder and harder.

However, instead of getting up to four heals recharging over a six hour span, you'll get up to twelve, and your heal cap has increased from four to five. Honestly, that's FAR better for the free player.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
Oh noooooo my Heroic Juggernaut 50 Hero Coins reward checked off suddenly!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

They fixed it. I got only 20 ISO there.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

PopZeus posted:

Oh noooooo my Heroic Juggernaut 50 Hero Coins reward checked off suddenly!

Yep, I think they're onto us :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
God I love Classic Storm. Earned over 8k ISO in the last lightning round and would have placed top two if not for a bad fight that ran me out of health packs near the end. Still top 10ish I believe. Shoving Loki out front chin first for 2-3 turn wins rules.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh nooo, the first Juggernaut mission locked itself. Oh well. did more missions and have run into level 45 Daken and 85 Raggy. :stonk:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Welp, after Heroic rewards and Lightning rounds, Daken's up to 4/3. Maybe I will keep him after all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Daken's pretty good you goof. He's one of my top tier guys.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

delfin posted:

However, instead of getting up to four heals recharging over a six hour span, you'll get up to twelve, and your heal cap has increased from four to five. Honestly, that's FAR better for the free player.

Heals recharge?? I had no idea

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They recharge up to 5, you can store a lot more if you win them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did all the Featured Events suddenly end?

Edit: nevermind they're back

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 14, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And the first token for Heroic mode? Hawkeye Classic. :negative:

Anyway, saw Thor 2 today. The thought crossed my mind that he needed more Red AP a couple of times. :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I'm really disappointed in heroic mode. I was hoping for some more 2* rewards, Like hawkeye modern. I'm happy I'll get probably 3 more grey suit black widows and a iron man model 40 red, but I would have prefer to get just 2* or hawkeye Modern and magneto now. Oh well least it pve why is a lot more fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's mixing stuff up, so its a good change of pace.

I got a Doctor Doom out of my standard draw token! :woop: That takes him up to... 1/2. Oh well.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Interesting. I ran Full Stop (last Juggy) a few times and it abruptly red-circled and says "Mission Completed" now.

EDIT: And then I did something else and came back and it's back now.

delfin fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 14, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, it redded out for me too once I squeezed 150 coins out of it. The Heroic 150 draw is a pretty decent deal. Smaller pool of heroes. Got a Thor red and a Cap Blue out of it. I've already maxed out thor though. :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have exactly made off like a bandit on this event so far. 300ish hero points, ragnarok green, ~4000 iso, 2 black widows blues (I still need them okay?!), and I'm 60 points away from model 40 red.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
I got my Doom up to 5/2 thanks to all the draws lately, and lvl 64 + tourney boosts just makes him a beast.

I've developed a burning hatred for max level Thor, and seeing 5k hit points dropped in 2-3 turns from his attack tiles is delicious.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The patch notes. This event is strange.

quote:

New PVE Event - Prologue Chapter 2: Juggernaut Heroic Mode
- This event features a limited character selection. The available heroes are:
Black Widow (Modern), Hawkeye (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35), Iron Man (Model 40), Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
- Iron Man (Model 40) has been buffed by 200% for this Event
- Missions are "stacked" with multiple plays per mission. This means that each time you beat a mission, future missions may have harder enemies, different point values available, or repeatable missions in lower missions in the stack
- Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards.
- Missions are static in this mode unlike Episode 1 where new missions would appear in phases.
- This mode is bracketed into 1000 players per bracket, so competition may be fierce!

The two-star vending machine is tempting as I could use three of its five possibilities (Widow Grey, IM40 particularly if a blue would show up, Hawkguy). Of course, that means I'd burn 1350 Hero Points and get nine Thor Greens and Caps.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

The patch notes. This event is strange.

The two-star vending machine is tempting as I could use three of its five possibilities (Widow Grey, IM40 particularly if a blue would show up, Hawkguy). Of course, that means I'd burn 1350 Hero Points and get nine Thor Greens and Caps.

Those are strange rules, but I can see why they did that.

I will be burning my hero points for rolls this event. I just did my first and got IM40. Unfortunately it was the yellow which I want the least but whatever. But I really want black widow (grey) green and purple covers. (I don't know how to say that better)

Edit: also juggernaut doesn't count for the mutant bonus damage, the gently caress is that?

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 14, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Juggernaut's not a mutant. His powers are magical in nature.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think you can use the Brotherhood bonus against him though.

Ugh a Yelena. They should put a sell button on the cover draw page.

Also those rule clarifications are kind of scary. :ohdear:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

I think you can use the Brotherhood bonus against him though.

Ugh a Yelena. They should put a sell button on the cover draw page.

Also those rule clarifications are kind of scary. :ohdear:
You can hit the right arrow in the top right once or twice to get to the sell button.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuuugh, clear your board of yellow combos before firing off recharge. I had all 3 recharge tokens land on a potential 5-yellow matchup. Why.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Wait seriously? Wow x-men is a weird comic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahah, the last chain of the Juggernaut line hasnt been updated very well. It's still giving out Hawkeye Classics and Modern Storms. :bravo:

Hm, actually now might be the time to try for a high score in the Thornament with everyone busy with Lightning and Heroic.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 14, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

delfin posted:

BY THE CRIMSON BANDS OF CYTTORAK

They need to throw tags on covers I think for non-nerd accessibility and also because I remember when they had their 'Avengers-only' tournament they included people who were like honorary Avengers for a single storyline while excluding people who were a core member at some point.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Wait seriously? Wow x-men is a weird comic.

He gets it from his hat, which I know because of the classic youtube video "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Juggernaut's the least :psyduck: of the X-men really. And he's only Xavier's brother that got buried in a tomb and found an ancient mystic idol that empowered him as an avatar of Cytorrak.

Dont even ask about the Summers family tree.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Emron posted:

He gets it from his hat, which I know because of the classic youtube video "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch."

I think the helmet just protects him from mental attacks. His power comes from an ancient gem, like all good powers do.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Dont even ask about the Summers family tree.

Did they ever make something vaguely resembling sense out of the whole Cable/Stryfe thing? I stopped reading X-Men comics about 15 years ago.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cable is Cyclops' baby from the future. Strife is his clone. Everything else was mind games and 90's comics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The helmet just protects against psychic attacks. Juggernaut introduced as a foe for Professor X, except he was created during a period in the X-Men where Xavier was amorally mind-wiping entire towns and the families of his students, so they gave him a magic psychic-proof helmet in order to have the X-Men actually be useful in those issues. :spergin:

e: Cyclop's dad is a space pirate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Cable is Cyclops' baby from the future. Strife is his clone. Everything else was mind games and 90's comics.

Cyclops got with Madelyne Pryor who was a clone of Jean Grey so Cable is biologically sort of? Jean's son. They travelled into the future to raise him under assumed identities! Rachel Summers is their actual kid from an alternate reality future (who's use by date is actually in the past now). As noted, Cyclop's dad is a space pirate who's sort of remarried to a furry after cyclopsmom became a space concubine then died but not before giving birth to the heir of the space empire, so that's Cyclops' half brother that no one wants to write about anymore. Also now there's two sets of cyclopses running around because some idiot brought the young versions of them back from the past to lecture their current selves about what a mess they're making and went as well as they expected.

Yeah, the comics that work best about this is when they either ignore this stupidity or fully embrace it. Trying to take it seriously just doesnt work. :v:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

SynthOrange posted:

Cyclops got with Madelyne Pryor who was a clone of Jean Grey so Cable is biologically sort of? Jean's son. They travelled into the future to raise him under assumed identities! Rachel Summers is their actual kid from an alternate reality future (who's use by date is actually in the past now). As noted, Cyclop's dad is a space pirate who's sort of remarried to a furry after cyclopsmom became a space concubine then died but not before giving birth to the heir of the space empire, so that's Cyclops' half brother that no one wants to write about anymore. Also now there's two sets of cyclopses running around because some idiot brought the young versions of them back from the past to lecture their current selves about what a mess they're making and went as well as they expected.

Yeah, the comics that work best about this is when they either ignore this stupidity or fully embrace it. Trying to take it seriously just doesnt work. :v:

You see, in comics you answer questions with laser focus or this happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In retrospect, I apologize for calling MPQ's story 'kinda dumb'