Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SynthOrange posted:

Found the cover where the 'original' Black Widow costume is from.

Hmmmmmm. Really they couldnt find one where the featured character is front and center? I dont even remember this costume.

edit:

ahahahah

That's... Black Widow?

Awesome :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I love it when a plan comes together.

I let the plinkers do their thing, which knocked me down to around 1050, and then I just... sat there for the most part. (It was actually strange -- I was getting attacked every time I tried to stretch up to 1300, but once I dropped into the mid-1000s NOBODY thought I was a tempting target in the last 20 minutes.) I ended up in third place (where I wanted to be), got the Lokis, bought another slot for him, and decided to try my luck one more time on the Iron Man 2-Star machine. Instead of a Thor or Cap I couldn't use, I got precisely what I wanted -- a Grey Suit Sniper Rifle cover.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thanks to these last few tournaments, my daken is 5/5 and almost level capped.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
What is the best skill distribution for Modern Storm? I would assume 5/5/3 but I just found out that her black power scales with level and I'm wondering if its worth it to do 4/5/4 or something.

Also is the AI for the tournaments much better than the normal AI or something? Or does it cheat harder? It seems like the tourny AI always gets ridiculous cascades against me.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Fellis posted:

What is the best skill distribution for Modern Storm? I would assume 5/5/3 but I just found out that her black power scales with level and I'm wondering if its worth it to do 4/5/4 or something.

Also is the AI for the tournaments much better than the normal AI or something? Or does it cheat harder? It seems like the tourny AI always gets ridiculous cascades against me.

I did 5/4/4. Her green ap-collecting skill is great, and the other skills do fine at 4. Her black skill is nice damage over time.

We can't ever really know about the a.I. unless they told us or someone checked the code, but I assume the a.I. is the same for both, and you were just unlucky.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I'm currently #1 in the Widow tournament but I'm like 100 points above third place and nobody is giving me anything more than 7 points. Wanna get to 600 :(

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Hmmmmmm. Really they couldnt find one where the featured character is front and center? I dont even remember this costume.

Yeah Black Widow Grey Suit suffers from this too. Every time I'm cleaning up my cache I mistake it for Captain America.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Got a standard token and a heroic token. Rolled both. Heroic token = bag man. Standard token = Doctor Doom.

Well okay then!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I love it when a plan comes together.

I let the plinkers do their thing, which knocked me down to around 1050, and then I just... sat there for the most part. (It was actually strange -- I was getting attacked every time I tried to stretch up to 1300, but once I dropped into the mid-1000s NOBODY thought I was a tempting target in the last 20 minutes.) I ended up in third place (where I wanted to be), got the Lokis, bought another slot for him, and decided to try my luck one more time on the Iron Man 2-Star machine. Instead of a Thor or Cap I couldn't use, I got precisely what I wanted -- a Grey Suit Sniper Rifle cover.

That was my plan too, but in the last 30 minute everyone decided I was a good target (85 Thor, 75 wolverine, 62 Cstorm). And I keep getting IM40 yellow with my 150 hero points, which Im keeping his yellow at 3. but i have gotten 6 IM40 yellow so far.

Edit: this heroic mode is tougher than I thought. I'm at #31 with 1124 points. I really want grey widow's green cover :sigh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 16, 2013

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Is there ever a point at which Bagman becomes useful, or am I better off just selling those covers whenever they land in my collection?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm currently #1 in the Widow tournament but I'm like 100 points above third place and nobody is giving me anything more than 7 points. Wanna get to 600 :(

Pushed up to 750 last night just because it's easy to grind this tournament with no boosts and I was going for ISO, woke up at 400. Also forget what I said about my bracket being relaxed - Top in Juggevent is over 2500 now and I'm dropped down to 12th place instead of 2nd with my 1252. poo poo eats so many heals too, atleast fighting the ones that give the bigger rewards. The one with Modern Hawkeye level 29 ring in is a bit hit or miss for me, sometimes it goes down so well and other times it's a nightmare - depends if he gets hit for a huge hit that drops him and gives me not many Raging Tempests or plinked down for nice ~200 hits to trigger ~4-5 times.

Tempted to just make my cstorm 4/4/5 since I have had a yellow cover just sitting there all week, and getting her level up to 85 would make me a scarier pick in tourneys and make stuff hit harder. I guess getting 6 red for a retaliate works well with Thor too but that's just if I don't have odds and ends of red sitting around.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I have 1500+ and I'm in 30th place, not sure if I can keep the enthusiasm up over the weekend to hit 1750 for the next IM40 reward...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Chugging along in Widowville. Got my 900 point reward but, as usual, things get tight when one approaches the 500 HP reward.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

delfin posted:

Chugging along in Widowville. Got my 900 point reward but, as usual, things get tight when one approaches the 500 HP reward.

Feels even tighter this time since people are probably spread more thin dropping their health packs and time into juggernaut and so the top is a lot lower and thus points come a looot slower. Top 10 of my bracket is 650-450 at the moment.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, barely made it up to 1000 just now myself, then got knocked down -70 within 10 seconds of getting the goods.

Still 1st in my bracket by over 200 points though....should be pretty easy to stay there, nice change from the Thor one :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What's the good way to contact the devs again?

I wanted to check on my Thor results because I never got a prize and I was in the top 10 for my bracket when I ran out of heals and can't believe that I dropped that far out of it in the last hour when that morning I lost 300 points and didn't even drop out of the top 50.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Ratatozsk posted:

Is there ever a point at which Bagman becomes useful, or am I better off just selling those covers whenever they land in my collection?

I think Bagman might work as a web feeder for Venom, but I'm not sure anyone keeps him around long enough to test that theory.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Ghostlight posted:

Don't go through the in-game message button. Go to their website and email them directly.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I wanted to check on my Thor results because I never got a prize and I was in the top 10 for my bracket when I ran out of heals and can't believe that I dropped that far out of it in the last hour when that morning I lost 300 points and didn't even drop out of the top 50.

Try force closing the app and reopening it, mine forgot to connect to facebook once and didn't spit out and shared prizes or competition rewards that morning when I woke up til I force closed it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh. Okay I'm definitely not imagining things. Sometimes my seriously maimed heroes are getting healed up to full strength if the app has to start up again. Anyone else getting this?

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
I was, but it seemed to have stopped after one of the recent patches - sometimes just my Storm would get healed, sometimes everybody. Not doing it for me now though.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Interesting. I just cast Lightning Storm with Modern Storm, and this pattern fell onto the board:

BBB
YRB
BBB

Where B is black, and I figured I'd get a free turn and a crit tile, but instead the game just matched the two horizontal matches and the vertical one was ignored.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Grinding out 3k in the Juggernaut event for that blue Iron Man 40 cover is tedious as hell. Hopefully something around 3k will be enough to keep me in the top 15 and I won't have to grind much past that.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
3k?! Last time I checked 1k was good enough for a spot in the top 15. How do you even get that many points? Just replay that last mission over and over again?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: 1200 wasn't enough for my top 50. And yes we are just doing the last fight over and over again. You let hawkeye take damage to set off Cstorm 2 times. Then Thor redx2 and then Thor yellow to take out ragnarok. Then take out darken. Then take out yalene.

BGrifter posted:

Grinding out 3k in the Juggernaut event for that blue Iron Man 40 cover is tedious as hell. Hopefully something around 3k will be enough to keep me in the top 15 and I won't have to grind much past that.

Yes yes it is. And I'm hoping for the same thing because I would love a 2/3/3 grey widow. I kinda wish the last fight wasn't so easy so that it didn't become a battle of attrition

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 17, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, the Heroic point values for some of the earlier fights changed after I did them. Some went from 1 to 2, others 3 to 6. Going to have to experiment a bit.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Shwqa posted:

Edit: 1200 wasn't enough for my top 50. And yes we are just doing the last fight over and over again. You let hawkeye take damage to set off Cstorm 2 times. Then Thor redx2 and then Thor yellow to take out ragnarok. Then take out darken. Then take out yalene.

Yes yes it is. And I'm hoping for the same thing because I would love a 2/3/3 grey widow. I kinda wish the last fight wasn't so easy so that it didn't become a battle of attrition
Crap. I have to get in on this, then, because I would love a 2/3/4 Grey Widow. Just have to beat that mission 70 times :negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, the Heroic point values for some of the earlier fights changed after I did them. Some went from 1 to 2, others 3 to 6. Going to have to experiment a bit.

It is based off how far you are from first. If your close then the last fight only gives like 15 points. It is giving me 28 right now. And it was giving me 29 a few hundred points ago.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

seravid posted:

3k?! Last time I checked 1k was good enough for a spot in the top 15. How do you even get that many points? Just replay that last mission over and over again?

In my bracket 2633 is enough for 4th place right now with a couple days remaining. Top player is just over 4k, 10th place 2219.

Yeah, grinding the last mission for 28 points per is the way. Shwqa is using the same strat I am, shove Hawkeye in front of the bus to trigger Classic Storm, use the red AP generated to fire off hammers and clean up. It's a good quick strategy, but if I get starved for purple/environmental tiles sometimes Storm/Thor get chewed up a bit. Losing two health packs to a string of improbable crit cascades is pretty frustrating.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This Widow Tournament is getting pretty great. Heroic Token, loving X Force Wolvie.

And the battles have turned into Whack-a-Widow, where you don't want to whack the Widow. Because if you do, Storm explodes your face and the faces of all your friends. The AI just can't do poo poo about it.

Purple matches have ended up the strongest pretty much. That's new. And Environmental ones too.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 17, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm taking a slightly different tactic, doing Imposter over and over for 16 points a shot. Much less dangerous (Hawkeye-on-a-stick when possible to take Daken out quickly, then it's two grunts), I get by with just red/yellow AP boost used, and I spend a lot less time screaming gently caress at my iPod, plus if I'm ending fights faster and more reliably I figure I'm ending up at least even or ahead of the game.

That said, I'm in Polkio's bracket and that's very distracting. ~2150 points and around 20th place. Really, anything after IM40 Blue is gravy for me.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Widow tourny is borked and I am using Daken and people are using Juggs. This poo poo just got bananas.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fallorn posted:

Widow tourny is borked and I am using Daken and people are using Juggs. This poo poo just got bananas.

Where? It's all Thors and Storms as far as the eye can see up here.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
My bracket is so terrible for the Widow tournament. I'm at 1008, second place is at 566. Fear the Classic Spidey/Ragnarok.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Might as well ride the Classic Storm train as hard as possible now, seems rather likely either a nerf or a hard counter character has to be in the works. Maybe a character with a passive that absorbs damage from other passives and reflects it all back to the counter, forcing Storm to instantly one shot herself?

Or maybe start making the free dummy characters high enough HP that it becomes hard to trigger. The Loki lightning rounds were the sweet spot for Loki/Thor/CStorm, low HP and high enough purple/black attack that he got priority on those tiles. Ragnarok was the total opposite and made CStorm abuse not worth it beyond the first 500 points for the two tokens.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
My widow bracket is bad I am at 700 points and in 1st place, if all your people die and you go in you can select any character you own for the two spots. Seems like a pretty weird bug. But it would let you get people who should not be in the tourny and wreck face with them.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, this tourney is kinda ridiculous - using CStorm/Wolverine/throwaway Widow, max level Thor and level 100-whatever Ragnarok mean basically nothing as long as I don't get an epically horrible board layout. Aside from having to go through a bunch of retaliations from time to time to swing back up, i've been #1 in my bracket all day by at least 200-300 points.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Shwqa posted:

It is based off how far you are from first. If your close then the last fight only gives like 15 points. It is giving me 28 right now. And it was giving me 29 a few hundred points ago.

I thought it was based on how low your bracket is compared to other brackets? Mine has been steadily going up as my bracket stagnates more and more, I get closer to #1 and it still slowly rises. I'm at #4 now on 1800 points and it's 25 per. Was 24 per when I was at 1600 and #7 or so.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I hit 2500 heroic Jugg, and sadly, I can't use the yellow IM40 since I'm planning to spec him 5/5/3.

So my bracket is definitely not stagnant, since I'm #13 with 2600 points and the #1 is 4k with someone only a couple hundred behind him. But doing the Who Is This Clown mission is steadily increasing in value for me, it's currently providing 30 points a pop. So I have do do the mission about 14ish more times and I'll have capped out on rewards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
So, what are people thinking for IM40 builds? I'm was thinking 5/5/3 red/blue/yellow, but I imagine blue covers are going to be harder to come by then yellow (at least, they have so far), and looking at it again blue is basically unusable at 20 AP buy in. I mean, if you get it it looks like a TPK anyway, so I'm not sure level 5 blue (adds a 2 turn stun on the target) is particularly useful. But every point you add to yellow increases the AP cost, and considering that you're only guaranteed to get countdown tiles, I don't see why I would use that over, say, a guaranteed 2K hit from Thor.