Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Was it in here I was reading about putting coconut oil in your hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Urban Decay has a couple nice dark greens with a bit of shimmer, and they work pretty well if you're going for a smoky eye look

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

almightyerin posted:

Was it in here I was reading about putting coconut oil in your hair?

argan oil?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I don't really wear much for makeup, usually just some lipstick that's a couple shades darker than my natural lip colour.

Though sometimes, I will go through phases where I actually put on eyeliner and eye shimmer. My eyeliner is from MAC's Betty and Veronica line and the eye shimmer is something I've had since 8th grade. I like it way more than regular eye shadow, since I can just apply it with my finger.

I'm currently in a makeup wearing phase because I want to look cool in the new hand-me-down clothes from my friend. "Yes, I will gladly take this Hugo Boss sweater that has already been tailored to my proportions. Thanks's friend!"

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I can't really put on eye makeup. I'm pretty much blind in one eye and just end up smearing it everywhere when I have to close my good eye to apply it. I will never have the smoky eye look.

At least I have nice looking lips I guess.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
cupid's bows are the best.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

has someone posted this yet: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBw80_1kFx_PwkcjvkiEuRg/videos

please someone buy this woman an account

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Good luck! I have massively curly hair, and Argan oil is the best thing I've found to keep it soft and frizz-free. Just put maybe a quarter size amount in towel-dried damp hair and you should be set.

hairpix plz

Also, please tell me more about toner!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

having blue hair and blond eyes is pretty much carte blanche to wear whatever crazy rear end eye shadow you want, it all works

other combos require more careful planning tho

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

or blue eyes and blond hair, whichever

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

having blue hair and blond eyes is pretty much carte blanche to wear whatever crazy rear end eye shadow you want, it all works

YESSSSSS HAHAHA

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
blue hair sounds like it'd go well with anything tbqh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wait poo poo what

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you gotta be marge simpson???

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Pick posted:

you gotta be marge simpson???

gotta get some horrible jaundice going before you can pull off the marge look

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

my brother told a girl in middle school "you know, you really shouldn't wear so much makeup, it makes you look like a whore" but he was being all matter-of-fact and sincerely trying to help because he learned it from that simpsons episode where homer invents the makeup gun

little brother, love him, but he's a fuckin' weirdo

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE
Jul 9, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

my brother told a girl in middle school "you know, you really shouldn't wear so much makeup, it makes you look like a whore" but he was being all matter-of-fact and sincerely trying to help because he learned it from that simpsons episode where homer invents the makeup gun

little brother, love him, but he's a fuckin' weirdo

ironically, as an actual whore, i tend to go for very light makeup :wink:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

other combos require more careful planning tho

ugh i am jealous, i am like sorta tanned asian skin with black hair.

as for toner I just bought some moisturizing toner from target one day and it just my soothes skin wrt dryness/redness and stuff like that and makes it supple and soft. apparently there are fake toners out there where it's actually astringent so you'll have to be careful if you decide to buy it, mine is just alba brand moisturizing toner. here's a complicated looking article about it http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/skin-toner.htm

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
I bet reading about the argan oil in here is what led me to the coconut oil on another site. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. The closest place to get argan oil is an 80 mile round trip and I'm having a shlep around the house in sweats kinda day today. I had coconut oil so I figured why not?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

almightyerin posted:

I bet reading about the argan oil in here is what led me to the coconut oil on another site. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. The closest place to get argan oil is an 80 mile round trip and I'm having a shlep around the house in sweats kinda day today. I had coconut oil so I figured why not?

It might work, I'm not sure the properties of that particular oil that make it good for hair. Might be similar for coconut?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

i've heard of putting p much every kind of oil under the sun in your hair incl mayonnaise. i've also used salon brand oil and it just... doesn't really do anything. it seems like argan oil has some unique properties though that i will be able to report on in a few days once my ebay argan arrives but you can obv see it in pick's hair.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

hairpix plz

Normal:

In mid-Atlantic humidity:

(gently caress summer)

Long, teased, and ill-advised:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

your hair color is loving cool. i've been thinking about dying my hair but since it's p much black i'd have to bleach it for a good color and idk about that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's a loving rad as hell color, you would rock an emerald dress like nobody's biznez

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

crow janes hair is loving amazing

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
yeah i'd gently caress the poo poo out of that hair

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crow Jane posted:

Normal:

(gently caress summer)

I don't think I'm allowed to post in this thread, but why would you edit out your face in the pictures when they're still in the Post Your Picture thread? :confused:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
GBS rules

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's against the rules of gbs to post personal info, so painting out her face should skirt those rules well enough that no mod or anyone else will give a poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

Normal:

(gently caress summer)

dam gurl

dat [ihurr/i]

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
My hair is brown and pink and my eyes are blue. I just use brown eye shadow and have tried to get fancy with other colors and look ridiculous. I'm also afraid of any lipstick that is too far off from my natural shade.

I grew up a tomboy and didn't even wear makeup until my wedding pretty much, but I enjoy looking pretty and my husband loves it too. I wish I had a friend to help me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Aww, thanks everyone. The color is the lightest shade in Garnier's red for dark hair line.

Donkay NOoo posted:

your hair color is loving cool. i've been thinking about dying my hair but since it's p much black i'd have to bleach it for a good color and idk about that.

An Asian friend of mine tried the same color, no bleach, and it looks amazing on her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, a normal box color can do two lifts.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

hair dye is going on top of the hair, natural color is inside the hair, so even the blackest of hair will still show it some

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

yeah i know, i've dyed it in the past and the best result was at a hair salon but $$$ and other ones have just been very very subtle. i might try that red tho, even subtly a color like that would be awesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Speaking of salons, has anyone ever done a peel or IPL or Exilis or anything? What's been your experience?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

dont plan on doing any of that stuff till i'm like 50!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, I feel like it's too soon to start taking drastic measures. Anecdotally, a woman I know with fairly heavy acne scarring got it done and there actually was a noticeable improvement

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, I feel like it's too soon to start taking drastic measures. Anecdotally, a woman I know with fairly heavy acne scarring got it done and there actually was a noticeable improvement

Which one? A peel?

They make sense to me but only in a very scary way :ohdear:. Like how a scab leaves behind smooth skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, a peel, sorry. I've got some roughness on my cheeks that I'm not too fond of, so I've thought about it too, but I'm scurred.

• Locked thread