Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Catfish Stevens posted:

I just got a few Saints from yukijersey.com and was so impressed with the quality I was going to place another order. Looks like it was taken down :(.

Comfortador posted:

So which ones are still active with quality stuff?

I ordered a jersey from them right before they got taken down, the guy sent me an email with some shipping details and at the bottom it was signed https://www.newyukijersey.com or something similar, so that might be worth a shot.

Edit: added quotes since it's a new page

forkbucket fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Holy gently caress I wish I had an extra 150 bucks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I rolled the dice on Amazon on a jersey and it was pretty poorly made. At least they hand out refunds. Do not buy from Amazon for jerseys.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think it was Whatjersey I ordered from for some prizes for my fantasy football league. I'll confirm but if so the quality is pretty good. Pretty close to the legit ones I've got.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

BlindSite posted:

I think it was Whatjersey I ordered from for some prizes for my fantasy football league. I'll confirm but if so the quality is pretty good. Pretty close to the legit ones I've got.

Let me know, thanks. :) I'm interested in getting a few jerseys, might pick up a Red Wings jersey for a Boss' Christmas gift.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Comfortador posted:

Let me know, thanks. :) I'm interested in getting a few jerseys, might pick up a Red Wings jersey for a Boss' Christmas gift.

Due to the individual arching of each letter, Red Wings jerseys are hard to do right. Maybe one of the Winter Classic ones that use a flat nameplate instead of a regular home or away.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Neodoomium posted:

Due to the individual arching of each letter, Red Wings jerseys are hard to do right. Maybe one of the Winter Classic ones that use a flat nameplate instead of a regular home or away.

Actually that's the one I was thinking of getting him, because he has a bunch of regular jerseys already.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Comfortador posted:

They actually came from OKNFL.com I remember looking at a bunch of sites that's why I got confused.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

forkbucket posted:

I ordered a jersey from them right before they got taken down, the guy sent me an email with some shipping details and at the bottom it was signed https://www.newyukijersey.com or something similar, so that might be worth a shot.

Edit: added quotes since it's a new page

Haha--looks almost exactly like the old page. Time to buy some Christmas presents.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

Holy gently caress I wish I had an extra 150 bucks.

Just hold off until the season ends, the cool thing about buying retro jackets is that they're already old styles so it won't matter if you wait to get it on sale after the season is done.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

mints posted:

Just hold off until the season ends, the cool thing about buying retro jackets is that they're already old styles so it won't matter if you wait to get it on sale after the season is done.

Do what I do, buy winter gear at the start of summer, works out kind of well for me though since we head into winter when america is going into summer

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Comfortador posted:

Actually that's the one I was thinking of getting him, because he has a bunch of regular jerseys already.

Those are a pretty cool looking design.

Mad Mafioso
Jan 13, 2009

Too legit.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Is that a legit jersey? If not it's the best looking knockoff I've ever seen.

Mad Mafioso
Jan 13, 2009

mints posted:

Is that a legit jersey? If not it's the best looking knockoff I've ever seen.

Yeah, it's a Nike Elite

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Mad Mafioso posted:

Yeah, it's a Nike Elite

awesome, nflshop or the team shop in the Dome? I got one last year for Christmas from the nflshop Black Friday sale and got mad when I realized a few weeks later that the numbers/letters were the old reebok style.

Mad Mafioso
Jan 13, 2009

mints posted:

awesome, nflshop or the team shop in the Dome? I got one last year for Christmas from the nflshop Black Friday sale and got mad when I realized a few weeks later that the numbers/letters were the old reebok style.

NFLShop, I decided to use the otherwise useless credits on NFL.com for a coupon and saved about 50 dollars

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Thanks for the info, this means I may treat myself this year since it's a good bit cheaper than buying at the Dome.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I just bought a pretty killer jacket. I'm not 100% sure about the year it was made, but my best guess is the early 1970's because that's when the NFL and Stahl-Urban had an agreement.

Also it's pretty clear that it's really loving old because of the interior.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That looks amazing. Can we a closeup on the logo thing

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
That looks like the '56-61 logo so it could be a 70's throwback of a 60's logo. Hot pick up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand starter jackets.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't understand starter jackets.

:frogout:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
It's a lonely life for Grandmaster B :c00lbert:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rap posted:

For sure. I should have it in hand in a couple of days, so I'll post them then.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

TubeStank posted:

I just bought a pretty killer jacket. I'm not 100% sure about the year it was made, but my best guess is the early 1970's because that's when the NFL and Stahl-Urban had an agreement.

Also it's pretty clear that it's really loving old because of the interior.

I want this in the worst way

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anybody know what the difference is between jerseys listed twice on Whatjersey?

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120513074696462

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120713030397312

Sometimes I wish the Colts had a bit more "jersey history" so I could get some kind of sweet throwback or something but I'll just chalk it up to getting it right the first time. (Still think a small horseshoe on the chest like in the Reebok replicas would be cool though.)

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 23, 2013

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rap posted:

Here's the closeup (if you meant the Packers logo let me know):

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Hazo posted:

Anybody know what the difference is between jerseys listed twice on Whatjersey?

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120513074696462

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120713030397312

Sometimes I wish the Colts had a bit more "jersey history" so I could get some kind of sweet throwback or something but I'll just chalk it up to getting it right the first time. (Still think a small horseshoe on the chest like in the Reebok replicas would be cool though.)

Just based on those pictures, the first one looks more like a Reebok with Nike logos, while the second one looks a bit closer to the Nike product.
E: I should specify that I mean the build, the material looks about right on both but the shoulders on the first one look a bit more "t-shirty" like the old Reeboks did it, while the new Nikes have that downward angle going on with the shoulders.

And while you're right about "jersey history" and getting it right the first time, when in doubt and in need of a throwback, pick up a former player/hall of famer jersey. I personally only have one of them for NBA (and even then I can only pull it out for the Olympics ('92 Jordan throwback)), but I do plan to snag like an Emmitt Smith or Mike Modano or something in the future.

The way soccer teams change jerseys every year is somewhat a blessing and a curse. I like to stay up to date on my jerseys, so my options are to spend big bucks from the get-go to buy a given year's jersey, or stick with an outdated model and wait until the current ones go down in price (at which point there will be a new one out anyway). But on the other hand, changing jerseys every year gives a given team more chances to do it right, but when they finally get it right they're going to just change it again the next year and possibly/inevitably gently caress it up. But you have such a massive backlog of jersey history, you have practically unlimited options for nice jerseys to wear.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

TubeStank posted:

Awesome. Yeah do the Packers logo too why not

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

TubeStank posted:

Is there an NFL rule on conjoined twins or have we found the prototype sketch of a loophole for the ultimate 3-4 defense NT

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 25, 2013

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

TubeStank posted:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
If you've had your eye on a Mitchell and Ness throwback, they started their Black Friday presale, code is VIP2013 for 40% off good until 11/28 11:59pm EST.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This bears crossposting:

DJExile posted:

Army/Navy Uniforms have been revealed, Navy brings back the slick-rear end helmet from last year.

Signal flags on the helmet translate to "BEAT ARMY"

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Navy needs to make these their full time uniform. Those unis are way to sharp to be hidden away for most of the year. Army also really needs to up their style game cause they are getting crushed in the fashion wars.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That Navy uniform is loving sick

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

mints posted:

If you've had your eye on a Mitchell and Ness throwback, they started their Black Friday presale, code is VIP2013 for 40% off good until 11/28 11:59pm EST.

drat. Want to jump on this, but their website selection sucks.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

horseblow.avi posted:

drat. Want to jump on this, but their website selection sucks.

Yeah the selection is kind of lame these days, they've spent more time pumping out those replica jerseys that are priced at 130 than authentic throwbacks this past year. I got lucky that one I wanted finally showed up on their web store recently, I saw it in person back in February but they wanted $275 for it.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
So I just came across this site and for $22 including shipping I had to jump on it. I'll let y'all know how the jersey comes out when I get it, but this is the cheapest I've seen so here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/category/200001469/sports-jerseys.html?g=y&isrefine=y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I was at my local (east Cincinnati) TJ Maxx tonight buying some socks and sweatpants and saw they had a few Nike On-Field Browns jerseys. Colt McCoy in medium and two larges, and a single Cribbs in medium. They were $15 each. So point of my post is threefold:

1. Check yours out if you feel like it, if nothing else could be a cheap stocking gift for a friend or loved one, or maybe a gag gift if they have some awesomely old jersey.

2. Anyone here want one of those and want to cover the price + $5 it'd take to ship it?

3. If anyone does go and checks em out and they see a Nike Bengals jersey for less than $20 buy it and I'll pay you back yo.

• Locked thread