Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sono posted:

Question on the Juggernaut tournament: I'm locked out of the second mission (The Juggernaut), which has a red checkmark on the city screen and a lock and red "Mission Completed" where "Replay Mission" would normally be. What gives? I only collected 1/4 rewards; I have 4/4 on the first mission and it will still let me replay.

Some missions are like that. If you played the Red Iso event, those missions were the same way. One shot at a draw.

Updated. New interface looks kind of interesting, will have to play it more to see how I feel. At least I wont be activating the wrong character's power by accident, so that's a plus.

Healing bug /feature is still in?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Let's see:

* Heroic Mode: 7219 points, 4th place, a solid 1800 ahead of 10th place. Only 3500 to go to catch the guy in second! :v:

* 3-Star: Pretty much every ISO I get for a while is going into leveling Doom. Right now, he's L58 and his six daemons are doing around 118 each every turn. That's just... nasty.

However, I got my 600-point 100 HP reward and I think that's as far as I'm going. 58 is my highest-leveled 3* and there are too many 100+ guys out there to really compete. The next five rewards are ISO, Daken, ISO, Standard Token :what:, ISO, so... meh.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Pretty tired of seeing daken as a progression reward now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty happy to finish my Daken off, but I dont need to see another one, thanks. :v: Wish they'd swap them for standard tokens.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Standard token to green widow 3* was a nice surprise from storm modern.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Julet Esqu posted:

Is it just my imagination, or does the new Original Widow really suck? I was thinking I'd just sell her cover, but I guess if they're planning to introduce a new ability for her I should at least wait for that and see what it is...

I'm confident she'll prove her worth once you gain the capacity to level her up. Right now my level 18 Spidey with one blue/one yellow covers heals 118 per web tile. Original Black Widow with two blue / one purple at level 14 heals 184. Her cost goes down to 9 AP at cover 3. At higher levels, this looks like it'd be a fairly potent heal and more accessible option for people who aren't rolling in loads of Spider-Man covers.

So far, those two are the only characters who can heal other characters, she's worth sticking around.

Edit: and if she gets an event boost, that power is going to be ridiculous.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 19, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Speaking of rolling in loads of Spider-Man covers... with my 500 award tonight from Heroic Mode, I'll be at 2540 Hero Points, just enough to take my Spider-Man from 3/1/1 to 3/3/1. Seriously tempted to do so, as it'll increase his ghetto healer capabilities quite a bit both from increasing All Tied Up efficiency by 50% and by letting him level up a bit more.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Speaking of rolling in loads of Spider-Man covers... with my 500 award tonight from Heroic Mode, I'll be at 2540 Hero Points, just enough to take my Spider-Man from 3/1/1 to 3/3/1. Seriously tempted to do so, as it'll increase his ghetto healer capabilities quite a bit both from increasing All Tied Up efficiency by 50% and by letting him level up a bit more.

You might as well. Hero points on 3* hero is probably the best investment once you got like 23-25 covers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

delfin posted:

It's fun to be in the Overachievers' Bracket.

I'd kill to be in a bracket that slack. Top two in my current bracket are 12101 and 11082 points. I fell to 10th place at 5538 right now. Going to have to grind hard to stay top 15 tonight.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That'd be a solid investment, I think everyone wishes they had a big bad Spider-Man instead of a bad Bag-Man.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I'd kill to be in a bracket that slack. Top two in my current bracket are 12101 and 11082 points. I fell to 10th place at 5538 right now. Going to have to grind hard to stay top 15 tonight.

Man, I must be in a slacker bracket or something. #1 in my heroic bracket is at 3911, and I'm #19 with 2153. Overkill damage no longer counting for cstorm has slowed me down a bit though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slacker bracket owns.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So jealous. 5706 got me upto #8. Grinding away for 6k before I take a dinner break.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

SynthOrange posted:

Slacker bracket owns.

What? Where I come from we call that Hard Mode.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I hate... all of you.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Our third person just broke into the 10k range. Gurggled still sits at the top of the list at 12605. So much mindless grinding.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SynthOrange posted:

Some missions are like that. If you played the Red Iso event, those missions were the same way. One shot at a draw.

Updated. New interface looks kind of interesting, will have to play it more to see how I feel. At least I wont be activating the wrong character's power by accident, so that's a plus.

Healing bug /feature is still in?

I have actually had the final Juggernaut mission lock twice during this event, and it unlocked both times after I played a few more missions. The changing rewards for events and the randomly locking missions has me sort of confused but I think I might be able to get to 3k and get that blue Iron Man 40 :unsmigghh:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Polkios gotta polki.

Also noticed Hawkeye-on-a-stick wasn't always triggering when he would before -- in particular, keep an eye on when someone has less than 20% of their health and gets offed by a big attack to see if Tempest triggers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phew. A bit of churn going on at the top of my bracket. I hope I stick in the top 15.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Phew. A bit of churn going on at the top of my bracket. I hope I stick in the top 15.

I'm down to #7 at 5874 points but I have most of my health packs back and Thor/Storm almost ready to go. Should be able to put together a decent push in the last hour and get up to 6500ish at least.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

delfin posted:

Polkios gotta polki.

Also noticed Hawkeye-on-a-stick wasn't always triggering when he would before -- in particular, keep an eye on when someone has less than 20% of their health and gets offed by a big attack to see if Tempest triggers.

Yeah there's no more overkill, I noticed that when I hit with big abilities it says the exact health they had left in red beside their 0 HP as they die.

Can't decide if 1700pt lead on 3rd place is enough to stay safe for the last 2 hours of Juggevent

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Pssh you call those slacker brackets. This is a slacker bracket.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I actually wish my bracket were a little less slacker, as I'd rather those three Thor covers than one or two Black Widow ones, but I keep coming close #101 and have to just stop playing until people start passing me.

Edit: to be clear, I only have about 752 points and am currently #115. After the 200% IM35 boost it'd be nice if I could get some buddies for the 700 point IM40, but that'd put me in one Widow cover range, and forget that.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 19, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Settled in at #10. Lots of activity going on above me, but the next 4 people down have a range of 200 points to get up to me. Hope that's enough.

edit: UH OH MOVEMENT, MOVEMENT DETECTED!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 19, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I actually got something I could feasible use from the premium draw! Now I need a few more model 40 covers for it to be actually worth using instead of my pimped out common iron man.

[e] I love the new UI changes. The powers a way less of a hassle to use now.

[e2] I hope I never see another goddamn bag-man

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 19, 2013

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

seravid posted:

What? Where I come from we call that Hard Mode.

Hey, there I am! I was just planning on getting into the top 15 after discovering how easy Imposter is to far, but just kept going. The second place dude noticed me and started grinding away, so now that I've run out of Iso for boosts, I've just given up in #3. Good enough for me!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Settled in at #10. Lots of activity going on above me, but the next 4 people down have a range of 200 points to get up to me. Hope that's enough.

edit: UH OH MOVEMENT, MOVEMENT DETECTED!

Yeah I'm sitting comfortably at #10 with 6003 points. #14 has 5663 so I'm pretty much set.

Edit: Top two are at 14195 and 14102 points each.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Stickman, you are my ISO best friend. Everytime I load the game I have 1 - 3+ Stickman reinforcements. I play a lot.

I got real close to top 50. I made it to exactly 50th place, stumbled, ate like a quadruple cascade free turn poo poo sandwich and no heals in time to fix me dropping to 52nd. I guess the purple cover by itself is pretty cool anyway, 5 green 5 purple seems to be the build of choice

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Top 30, not so bad. Couple of Widows, bit of Iso, 500 coins. Wish it would tell you where you placed more precisely though. Anyway, there's another couple of roster slots unlocked. They cost 400 now, haha.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Woo top 15 prize. Actually sold off the red card because it's already at 4, and I want 5/4/4.

Time to kick rear end in the 3-star round.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I didn't know you could get so many points so quickly in this event. I was last place in the ranks that were going to get 3 recruit tokens, and I figured there's no way I'd break into the top 50 and I don't want any more Thor covers. So I did a single mission and gained 491 points and jumped up to top 100. I decided at that point I'd go all in and try to get to 3000 for that blue Iron Man cover. I didn't have enough time so I ended top 50 with 2800 points. Still, not bad.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Is the Juggernaut event still available for anyone else? I think the fact that I still have it available is a bug since I left the game tabbed to it. I've done like 10 missions in it so far, all the progress and rewards got reset so I can get the hero coins, and first time completion bonuses again. My battery just ran out on my ipad though so I probably lost my access.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MeramJert posted:

I didn't know you could get so many points so quickly in this event. I was last place in the ranks that were going to get 3 recruit tokens, and I figured there's no way I'd break into the top 50 and I don't want any more Thor covers. So I did a single mission and gained 491 points and jumped up to top 100. I decided at that point I'd go all in and try to get to 3000 for that blue Iron Man cover. I didn't have enough time so I ended top 50 with 2800 points. Still, not bad.

I swear it wasn't like that a few days ago. I remember stopping because the last few impossible missions gave out a paltry 30 points.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

DrManiac posted:

I swear it wasn't like that a few days ago. I remember stopping because the last few impossible missions gave out a paltry 30 points.

from the patch notes where it was released:

- Missions are "stacked" with multiple plays per mission. This means that each time you beat a mission, future missions may have harder enemies, different point values available, or repeatable missions in lower missions in the stack
- Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards.

So I guess that means it was also sort of a catch up mechanic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ sob

The points in Hardmode missions were all dynamic based on your relative place in your bracket and how many points other people in the same place had in other brackets, balancing each individual bracket out against the overall scores.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

WetSpink posted:

Is the Juggernaut event still available for anyone else? I think the fact that I still have it available is a bug since I left the game tabbed to it. I've done like 10 missions in it so far, all the progress and rewards got reset so I can get the hero coins, and first time completion bonuses again. My battery just ran out on my ipad though so I probably lost my access.

I was in a fight when the event ended and it returned me to a restarted Juggernaut event. Stupidly I thought they were making the mission permanent and backtracked to the menu.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same here. :smith:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I got more coins than I thought I would from the Heroic Event. Now I'm sitting on 2200 coins and I'm just not sure what to do with them. I already have 30 slots in the roster, and it's a staggering 400 coins per slot right now. I guess I could get up to 35 (assuming the cost stays constant until then - if it's consistent with earlier tiers, I expect it to increase again at 35). That's also enough to cap out my Astonishing Wolverine's abilities. But this game also scratches the same itch I have when cracking packs in a CCG. The thrill of opening a pack and getting something awesome (like the X-Force wolvie I got from a Standard token mission reward). But I also know that if I try, I'm just going to end up with 14 Bag-Man covers and want to punch myself in the dick.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I have absolutely nothing worth using in this Three-Star tournament, so I guess I wait for Lightning Rounds. I thought it may be a good idea to use the three Thor covers I got from Heroic to start a back-up, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I feel like I should've gotten some kind of bonus for ending Heroic Mode with 7777 points. Like, it should've lit up with LIMIT BREAK and given me a Squirrel Girl card or something.

No complaints about my Widow cards, though at 2/2/3 she has a fair way to go yet, and Spider-Man Classic is now 3/3/1. Leveling him up to take full advantage is now my week's priority.