Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Apparently guild names on Faeblight are serious business! This is news to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I recommend you play a little, and then if you think you'd play for a while, buy the storm legion souls for 20$, this will give you:
- 4 new souls (trees), one for each class. Two of them are really necessary for leveling Mage and (less so, but still some) rogue. The warrior one is really useful for endgame since it's your only ranged spec, and the cleric's is kinda cool as well.
- Access to the AH (you unlock this by buying at least 5$
- An extra bag slot for all characters
- Extra character slots

It's the best use of money by far!

How do I get this? In game purchase of the souls costs a bunch of points and there is no mention of the extra bags for all my characters or extra character slots. I'm guessing this is something I can buy outside of the game?

edit: I got the game on steam and the "DLC" that they offer don't mention this either :(

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

beep beep im breakin ur immersion

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Oh no what happened :ohdear:

Oh I just read the forums, what's our guild name right now?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 19, 2013

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Oh no what happened :ohdear:

We are now (temporarily) The Black Squirrel Riding Club. I don't know why they chose that name, but hey, could be worse. Also there are no jeeps in Rift so our guild name can't have the word jeep in it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

We are now (temporarily) The Black Squirrel Riding Club. I don't know why they chose that name, but hey, could be worse. Also there are no jeeps in Rift so our guild name can't have the word jeep in it.

I'm pretty okay with this name aside from the part where I don't have a black squirrel.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Yet they allow <EAD> which clearly stands for Eat A Dick.

Just rename the guild to <BEEP BEEP IMA CREEP> or something like that.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Hard NOP Life posted:

How do I get this? In game purchase of the souls costs a bunch of points and there is no mention of the extra bags for all my characters or extra character slots. I'm guessing this is something I can buy outside of the game?

edit: I got the game on steam and the "DLC" that they offer don't mention this either :(

You spend real money to get credits then you go to the Rift store and spend those credits. The SL Souls will be unlocked on all of your characters but things like bag slots and mounts will only be on one character. I believe, and I can't be certain because I never had to deal with this, that if you spend 750 credits (5 US bucks) you get enough loyalty to unlock using the AH and character slots.

You get loyalty by buying and spending credits, for each credit you buy you get 2 loyalty and for each credit you spend you get 2 loyalty. Loyalty just unlocks perks like cosmetic gear, dimension items, and special mounts.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Oraculum Animi posted:

You spend real money to get credits then you go to the Rift store and spend those credits. The SL Souls will be unlocked on all of your characters but things like bag slots and mounts will only be on one character. I believe, and I can't be certain because I never had to deal with this, that if you spend 750 credits (5 US bucks) you get enough loyalty to unlock using the AH and character slots.

You get loyalty by buying and spending credits, for each credit you buy you get 2 loyalty and for each credit you spend you get 2 loyalty. Loyalty just unlocks perks like cosmetic gear, dimension items, and special mounts.

Yes, you need 1500 loyalty to use the AH, and 750 credits are the minimum.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Hey I had to move some characters around, can someone reinvite Lisieux, thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

FYI dimension peeps and title whores

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/11/18/the-dream-destination-celebration-contest-is-now-live-win-credits-and-more/

quote:

Prizes for RIFT Dream Dimension’s “Dream Destination Celebration” contest are:

1st Prize : 15,000 RIFT Store Credits, Pack of Fireworks, Crate of Dimension Items, and a copy of the Hailol Wine Fountain that has been named after YOUR character!
2nd Prize: 10,000 RIFT Store Credits, one Hailol Wine Fountain, Pack of Fireworks, Crate of Dimensions Items
3rd Prize: 5,000 RIFT Store Credits, Pack of Fireworks, Crate of Dimensions Items
Top 10 finalists: The title “The Party Animal”
All Participants: The title “The Decorator”

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Project Amory Fountain is go.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
So I can get a title by submitting my zero-effort dimension item dumpster?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is it just me or are warriors super unpopular? I wonder what that is, other than the fact that their support soul sucks and nobody likes tanking...
Is their DPS decent at least? I like being a giant dude in plate armor, and since no one plays them at least I'd get tons of plate drops.

I have a level 53 warrior and I don't paticularly like playing him. There's just so little variety - half or more of the souls are for tanking, and since I've just returned I cannot tank because I don't know the dungeons.
Add in that you can tank perfectly well as a Cleric or Rogue and you've got lots of other stuff to choose from it makes playing a warrior pretty dull.

So far I've only had one Warrior as a tank in all the dungeons I've run.

What's hugely annoying and was a problem when the game was new too is that when I use a porticulum to/from Meridian or Tempest Bay, my game crashes. It always does this and it did it before too, I cannot believe that whatever causes it isn't fixed!

I'm also really impressed with how they've fixed the warfronts. No longer is Whitefall Steppes the worst thing in the world.

Taear fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 20, 2013

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
oh good, there are hotfix problems that they caught BEFORE deployment this time!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

OneEightHundred posted:

So I can get a title by submitting my zero-effort dimension item dumpster?

Thats the same title as you got for entering the last contest iirc. I would assume it only works once and they will keep offering the same title to people that enter future dimension contests.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Bonapartisan posted:

Project Amory Fountain is go.

I'm fairly certain no party is complete without our signature guild dimension waterslide... the new pouring water effects are a nice touch

lsp fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 20, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

quote:

RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #3 11/20/13

== FEATURES ==

Intrepid: Hammerknell Chronicle
Every week until Fae Yule we're introducing newly updated content for level 60! Our second one is the Intrepid: Hammerknell Chronicle, which bumps the enemies up to level 60, and has some new rewards to boot!

Welcome to Fashion Week!
It's Fashion Week! Winning costumes from RIFTScene's "Dress the Night Away" are now available in the store. Plus, ALL costumes and dyes for 25% off through next Wednesday, 11/27!

GENERAL
* Getting to Storm legion zones at level 48 is now easier! Speak to the Lycini Ambassador in Sanctum or Meridian to travel to Dusken, Pelladane, or Tempest Bay.
* Instant Adventure groups will now only be assigned to complete a zone event if their adventure group size is at least 15 players.
* A mini world event and a new daily quest is available in each city to help celebrate Fashion Week!
* A number of achievements related to the Sinister Presence are now correctly categorized.
* International shards are now marked as International in the “Server Status” Web page.
* Russian players should now be able to see French and German characters in chat.

RIFT STORE
* The Dress the Night Away costume contest results are in... and we liked the top 3 finalists so much that they're ALL on the store. Find them in the Wardrobe section!
* A number of dyes have been temporarily added to the RIFT store in celebration of Fashion Week.
* A variety of limited time exceptional dyes have been added to the RIFT store in celebration of Fashion Week!
* Relic upgrades are now available for the Raid 1 Weapons purchased in the Store.
* The essence section of the RIFT store has been adjusted across all level ranges.
* Rare essences for levels 10 through 50 are now available in the Store.
* The Portable Auctioneer now grants 5 charges, up from 3.
* Two new consumables have been added to the service section of the RIFT Store: Dungeon Charge and Warfront Charge!
- These items increase your current number of charges for random warfronts and random dungeons.
- You may still only have 7 charges available at any time.
- As a friendly reminder, high level currencies have weekly gain caps. These caps have not been not adjusted.
* Costume Gear: Rake's Duster now has both primary and secondary tint channels for dye application.

SOULS

CLERIC

DEFILER
* Unstable Transformation: The heal proc should now last the full duration of the buff.

INQUISITOR
* Symbol of Corruption: Now works as described.

SENTINEL
* Banish: Now deals damage ever 1.5s instead of every 1s to match other Cleric damage over time effects. Increased duration to 15s. Updated damage to reflect new duration.
* Vigilance: Increased duration to 15s.
* Healing Communion: Slightly increased healing done.

WARDEN
* Signs will no longer proc from Geyser healing.
* Overflowing Renewal: Can now be cast on allies outside of your party or raid. Overhealing spread from Overflowing Renewal will affect the targeted ally's party and raid, even if that is not the caster's party and raid.
* Ripple: Can now be cast on allies outside of your party or raid that you have Healing Spray or Soothing Stream on. Effects spread by Ripple will affect the targeted ally's party or raid, even if that is not the caster's party or raid.
* Oversaturation: Now procs Dangers of the Deep on cast (if you have points spent in Dangers of the Deep).
* Oversaturation: Now procs damage when any nearby ally is healed by the Cleric, not just their party and raid members.
* Glassy Reflection: Is no longer consumed by the caster's own abilities.

MAGE

DOMINATOR
* Mass Charged Shield: This ability has been removed.
* Improved Charged Shield: This talent has been removed.
* New Ability: Voltaic Feedback: Deals Air damage whenever the enemy deals damage. Deals Air damage to the enemy and the target of the heal whenever the enemy casts a single target heal. Can occur up to 5 times total. Lasts 15s. Can only affect 1 enemy. This is a 4 point root ability.
* New Talent: Extended Feedback: Increases the duration of Voltaic Feedback by 5s, and the number of times it can proc by 2/4. This is a Tier 2 talent.
* Split Personality: Pets now despawn if the buff is removed from the caster.

WARRIOR

PARAGON
* Shifting Blades: ow shares a cooldown with Arc.
* Tranquility: Reduced damage done at ranks 1-4. This only affects ranks pre-level 50.

TEMPEST
* Arc: Now shares a cooldown with Shifting Blades.

ZONES

EMBER ISLE
* Added a soul healer to Breaker Point.
* Reduced zone event boss Nirzora's health and increased the delay between Tsunami casts.

IRON PINE PEAK
* Robern Charrette in the forge area of the Chancel of Labors should now properly offer a daily quest to any player that has completed the story quest "Just Punishment".
* Achievement: You and What Army?: Now credits any player that has completed the quest Chasing the Snakes from the Chancel.
* Achievement: Frozen to the Core: The achievement Nowhere to Run is no longer required for this zone meta achievement.
* Achievement: To the Library!: Now credits players for discovering the Forge area.

TERMINUS
* Endless Cultists in the Lost March area of Terminus no longer grant XP or drop loot.

THE DENDROME
* Lord Gren'Dar should no longer disappear for some players during large scale encounters.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

INFINITY GATE
* Modan and Viktus
- Obsidian Scarabs can no longer crit.

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Inyr'Kta:
- Silicon Sandstorm will stop for reals after Inyr'Kta is defeated.
- No longer resets aggro when she is at the opposite end of the platform from players.
QUEEN'S GAMBIT
* Fixed the placement of a randomly appearing loot chest out of the terrain.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* Fixed the requirements for the Conqueror Achievement.

RETURN TO DEEPSTRIKE
* Ionraic:
- Pets have more HP.
- Summons pet at 75% life instead of 50%.
- Will no longer spam his final voice over.
- Corrected an exploit with the Collected Them All Fixed achievement.
-If a pet is killed during the Ionraic fight, no more pets will be summoned if he is reset.
* Ironclad Goliath:
- Will cast EMP more often.
* Jorthan:
- Will now continue to cast Sundering Fists on the tank instead of randomly turning to other players.
* Nemesis IV:
- Cleaving Claw now has a knockback component for all those behind him.
- Will cast Salvo more often.
- Lowered the damage on Burst Fire.
* P.a.U.L.A.:
- Restoration Beam has a beam VFX now.
- Now has a lower aggro range to prevent issues with resetting after a party wipe.
- Paula's sentries can now be tanked but will not go below 50% HP. Gotta tank'em!

TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN
* An exit portal now appears after Typhiria is slain.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* Fixed an issue causing Mercenary Equipment Caches to not be rewarded for Random Warfront dailies for Prestige Ranks 81-90.

CRAFTING
* The Stellar Prismatic Wellspring and Exquisite Bottle of Spellstrikes recipes now work again.

FISHING
* Fishing in Iron Pine Peak is now equivalent to levels 27 through 35 to match the releveled zone.
* Fishing skill requirements changes:
- Decreased fishing skill requirements for Iron Pine Peak from 180 to 120.
- Increased fishing skill requirements for Droughtlands from 150 to 180.
- Increased fishing skill requirements for Ashora, Dendrome, and Steppes of Infinity from 270 to 300.
* Reduced skill requirements and crafting token costs for Coldwater Seabug, Serene Flatfish, Icebiter, and Glacier Octopus lure recipes. (They were skill 190 or 160, and now are skill 125 or 145.)
* The Verdant Angel is no longer fishable anywhere except Iron Pine Peak.
* The Jasper Snapper is no longer fishable in Iron Pine Peak.
* Fishing-specific artifacts fished up in Iron Pine Peak have been swapped out for those of the appropriate level.
* Rewards for the Iron Pine Peak fish exchange dailies have been adjusted to match the new lower-level content.

SURVIVAL
* The Angel Food Cake recipe and item have been changed to Devil Food Cake. The Verdant Angel in this recipe havebeen replaced by the Stillmoor Devil. This recipe now yields 10 cakes instead of one, since Stillmoor Devils are harder to fish.
* Most daily quests for skill level 175 of Survivalist that required Iron Pine Peak fish now require Moonshade Highlands and/or Droughtlands fish instead.

ITEMS
* Quality of life item improvements:
- Chronicle Upgrades: All old upgrade components can be shift-right clicked to their new equivalents.
- Raid Upgrades: Radiant Infinity Cell is now the only Infinity Cell used to upgrade ‘Desolate' Raid 1 store gear. The other two upgrade components that previously dropped can be shift-right clicked into a Radiant Infinity Cell.
* Level 60 Infinity Stone purchased Necklaces have an additional upgrade path.

DIMENSIONS
* Placing Pink Ground Cover now correctly gives credit for the Dimension Gardener achievement.

goodbye tampon, you won't be missed

and gently caress off with that dungeon charges garbage trion

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
If only they made the Heart of Crucia useful again, or give Crucia a chance to drop two Radiants instead.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Does anyone know a good site for the Rift puzzles? And I don't just mean how to solve them - I've found a reasonable one for that - but how to get to the loving things? Just a map is never enough, I have no idea how to get to the scarwood reach one!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

and gently caress off with that dungeon charges garbage trion

Just remove FES from random dungeons, problem solved.

quote:

WARDEN
* Signs will no longer proc from Geyser healing.

Welp, there goes some some of my Sign of Wrath dps in warden :qq:.

quote:

DEFILER
* Unstable Transformation: The heal proc should now last the full duration of the buff.

INQUISITOR
* Symbol of Corruption: Now works as described.

Kervik posted:

At max rank it was causing Bolt of Depravity to deal 30% of its damage over 4s instead of the 45% listed in the description.

This time I'm crying tears of joy.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 20, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I won't be home until a bit later and I need to know things :aaa: very impatient.

What colors are the new dyes? I hope they are neon. I wonder what the store t1 weapons upgrade to now? That would be awesome if the mage wand turns into something good... we've still not seen a twins wand.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

lsp posted:

What colors are the new dyes? I hope they are neon. I wonder what the store t1 weapons upgrade to now? That would be awesome if the mage wand turns into something good... we've still not seen a twins wand.

The joke is that said t1 weapons don't upgrade because they don't even exist. Trion is just teasing us.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kreczor posted:

The joke is that said t1 weapons don't upgrade because they don't even exist. Trion is just teasing us.

I thought the ESM weapons were considered t1 like the "Reinforced Sublime Wand" etc?

LordNat
May 16, 2009
Coming back to this after a LONG break.
Can I get added to the guild?

Name = Faileas.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

lsp posted:

I thought the ESM weapons were considered t1 like the "Reinforced Sublime Wand" etc?

Sure they are, I was just referring to raiding T1 weapons as drops from bosses not the token buying ones. Sorry, should have clarified.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kreczor posted:

Sure they are, I was just referring to raiding T1 weapons as drops from bosses not the token buying ones. Sorry, should have clarified.

There's only like 5 of each one that drop ever. Meanwhile armor drops are infinite and lovely.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The new RNG pack has the unicorn pet and a fiery nebula mount, along with another squirrel.

Must

Not

Purchase...

Also Amory the new dyes are pink, ruby, and sapphire.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Eltoasto posted:

The new RNG pack has the unicorn pet and a fiery nebula mount, along with another squirrel.

Must

Not

Purchase...

Also Amory the new dyes are pink, ruby, and sapphire.

Man, I thought I was good with no buying the stupid rear end boxes but now you've just made it tempting again.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I almost got the blue loyalty pack, what do I have to do to get the loyalty to increase?

Also where the gently caress is our guild? "guild transferred to unknown server."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I almost got the blue loyalty pack, what do I have to do to get the loyalty to increase?

Also where the gently caress is our guild? "guild transferred to unknown server."

You get loyalty for buying credits, spending credits, and sometimes the daily gift has them in it.

Also our guild is on deepwood. Drop the old guild, join goonsquad channel, ask for invite.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rad. Seems I can't add my youtube thing to riftconnect though, it never finishes loading.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Rad. Seems I can't add my youtube thing to riftconnect though, it never finishes loading.

You can still take videos with ctrl-Y and find them in C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\RIFT\Movies to manually upload.

edit: I have a lot of problems with the youtube riftconnect because of my google two-step authentication, I gave up finally and just do it all manually now

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Noticed my weekly gift gave a Rare Lock Box Key and went "WTF?"

Changes that sneaked in after the notes were posted:

Trion posted:

* New keys have been added to the Store! Each key will open up a Locked Box of the same or lesser rarity.
* Existing Deeps' Lock Box Keys are now Skeleton Lock Box Keys, and will continue to open any locked box in the game.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France

Blacula posted:

Noticed my weekly gift gave a Rare Lock Box Key and went "WTF?"

Changes that sneaked in after the notes were posted:

I got one too and had no idea what the hell. Thanks for clarifying.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
Thanks for taking Prawns along last night... was fun to see the new Raids. I'm curious about the typical builds for both Rogues and Mages at the moment.

On my rogue I've been messing with Bladedancer and Ranger, my old standby was nightblade, but that feels a bit weaker now as does marksman. Is there anything else particularly worth looking into?

I haven't hit 60 yet with my mage Harbinger is really fun, and I played Pyro and Chloro before the expansion... are there any other specs worth looking into?

Edit also I would love an invite for my mage as well: Pavement

oneof3steves fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 21, 2013

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Joining under the name Anusblaster in-game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

theguybro posted:

Joining under the name Anusblaster in-game.

I'll be surprised if that name lasts as long as it has in "WoW!"

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Why wouldn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

CobiWann posted:

It hit me with a 3 day suspension in WoW!

• Locked thread