Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The sad thing is that I was all ready to test out my buffed Doom, whose demons do a heinous ~2200 per tick in this environment. And that's a MID-LEVEL Doom.

Then I ran into a Rag with 2 AP Thunderclaps and WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP g'dnight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, it's ridiculous - I just made it out of a match with my 85 Wolvie dead and my lvl 69 buffed Doom with 4k/11k HP left.

Maybe better in the Doom round where I can have Storm deal out some retaliation from the background.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

McDragon posted:

My Ragnarok is green. :negative:

Mine too. If he was red, would almost certainly chuck hero points into him (all one rank that I could afford).

delfin posted:

Lightning rounds are an ISO factory even if you don't intend on placing.

This is true though. Bare minimum, get to 100 points. 4-5 fights against people without Ragnaroks should net you 1k ISO and a token, repeat in 2 hours.
(140 + 250 from progression, ~500 from fight rewards, some from placing)

Edit: bugger me, even a lvl 20 Ragnarok (one of each colour cover, I assume) is scarier than my high-70s Thor. And easy fights are definitely getting harder to find after the first round.

Kravdraa fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 20, 2013

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I hope they rethink this buffing a bit, lest this become Marvel Ragnarok Quest.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got a heroic token and got magneto now! Blue. So that is nice. If I ever get his purple I might pour hero points into him. It would take me 2,000 to max him, but he is crazy good.

Also my wolverine is amazing. I'm using Thor, wolverine, and guest with + 3 all ap and + 3 red and yellow ap. start out with wolverine's feral claws for 265 damage with 166 of +damage strike tiles. That is more than a max Thor's matching damage in strike tile, so I nor longer have any weak tiles. Then II keep matching greens and imminently using feral claws. I have seen feral claws deal more than 1200 damage. And he heals 176 hp a turn or more than a max Thor' matching 3 reds. He deals a ton of damage and keeps healing, I love him.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Russad posted:

I hope they rethink this buffing a bit, lest this become Marvel Ragnarok Quest.

Yeah, buffing HP as well was a quick fix that solved the Classic Storm problem, but it's made Ragnarok much, much worse.

Prediction for next quick fix: Only buff the featured villain in each round.

Shwqa posted:

Also my wolverine is amazing. I'm using Thor, wolverine, and guest with + 3 all ap and + 3 red and yellow ap. start out with wolverine's feral claws for 265 damage with 166 of +damage strike tiles. That is more than a max Thor's matching damage in strike tile, so I nor longer have any weak tiles. Then II keep matching greens and imminently using feral claws. I have seen feral claws deal more than 1200 damage. And he heals 176 hp a turn or more than a max Thor' matching 3 reds. He deals a ton of damage and keeps healing, I love him.

I just need 2 more green covers to finish my Wolverine. Feral claws at 3 AP sounds amazing.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
In the 3* tourny I have mag with the blue, widow purple and green and IM 40 red and yellow. Use IM 40 yellow to get tons of blue ap to use to make crit tiles with mag which then crit what ever they will, repeate as long as I have blue, if I get enough purple do the same thing with widow and only move tiles as a last resort because it opens me up for damage where creating tiles keeps the turn timer. I was able to get into the top 15 last night and 600 points for my 100 hp with a level 15 mag, 28 widow, and 34 IM 40.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The buff to Environment AP is ridiculous. Matched 4 together, then just used Containment Breach until everything was dead. If you're lucky enough for the crit tile to make another environment match, it gives you about 217 more, and one of those is bound to get you another pretty much. Think I'll stick to the High-Tech area for Lightning Rounds from now on, it's crazy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fallorn posted:

In the 3* tourny I have mag with the blue, widow purple and green and IM 40 red and yellow. Use IM 40 yellow to get tons of blue ap to use to make crit tiles with mag which then crit what ever they will, repeate as long as I have blue, if I get enough purple do the same thing with widow and only move tiles as a last resort because it opens me up for damage where creating tiles keeps the turn timer. I was able to get into the top 15 last night and 600 points for my 100 hp with a level 15 mag, 28 widow, and 34 IM 40.

Wow really? I have a similar 3* team but I could get them higher level. I might spend today's iso doing that and try to get those 2 heroic tokens and a 100 hp tomorrow.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Wow really? I have a similar 3* team but I could get them higher level. I might spend today's iso doing that and try to get those 2 heroic tokens and a 100 hp tomorrow.

Its really fun to kill the other team before they can do much of anything. The big secret is just making as many crit tiles as you can and if you have some crit boosts you then do +25% for silly damage because you are forcing crits all the time. Also IM 40 red blast for a finisher when you need it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Looks like they patched skipping till you get a good fight. Just got locked out of the lightning round. After like 5 skips

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I have the same team... except my Magneto Classic has 0 blue / 1 red / 2 purple. :( The red and purple powers don't impress me but the blue one is really good.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fallorn posted:

Its really fun to kill the other team before they can do much of anything. The big secret is just making as many crit tiles as you can and if you have some crit boosts you then do +25% for silly damage because you are forcing crits all the time. Also IM 40 red blast for a finisher when you need it.

Haha I tried that and it is fun. Widow make 2 critical tiles. Magneto make a critical tile. Iron man make blue and green ap. kinda wish I didn't level my wolverine 3 times today to level 81.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Looks like they patched skipping till you get a good fight. Just got locked out of the lightning round. After like 5 skips

That's a bug, force close and reopen and you should be good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The forest is just the best stage. I hated it when I just started because it was like 10% of a character's health, but now it's by far the best bang for your buck, especially if someone is silly enough to take a Daken/Wolverine into a Loki lightning round.

Also, critical tile + environment tile + boosted character = it's raining red, hallelujah.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah I stopped doing any of the other stages after the last batch of lightning rounds. Not only do boosted environmental tiles crank out absurd amounts of free AP, they shove your cannon fodder villain out front to eat hits/possibly trigger CStorm. So ridiculously good.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Which one in the triangle is the forest?

Also I now have a 4/3/2 Bagman. At level six. Why? I don't know.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's the lower left one.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

It's the lower left one.
Thanks.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

This happened to me twice today, and just now a third time. Did they stealth patch something that gives you, like, x amount of players in y amount of time and that's it? Or is this bug just getting out of hand.

Force closing a bunch isn't fixing it like it used to. Waiting awhile makes it come back though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I also only use the forest. Match 2 environment matches and bam its game over. Feral claws 268 damage + 253 worth of strike tile. Feral claws 521 damage plus +253 strike tiles. Thor mops up from there. Loki can deal 700 a match tile if anyone survives. :getin:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Snuck into the top 100 in the Loki Lightning Round and got a Heroic Token, which got me... Magneto Now! Blue.

My Magneto Now! Blue is 5/1/1 already. :allears:

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Im doing the lab because I make crit with mags blue use that to crit environment tile, make 5 crit tiles, mags blue again, more crit tiles, and just took out a lvl 85 thor with lvl 15 loki, 15 mag, 15 Doom, you take out classic storm easy with crits also. It seems board manipulation doesn't pop her passive where rear end attacks and matches you make that turn over the turn do.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mother of god. I woke up and had to tap through so many gifts. I'm up to 4k iso. :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

delfin posted:

Snuck into the top 100 in the Loki Lightning Round and got a Heroic Token, which got me... Magneto Now! Blue.

My Magneto Now! Blue is 5/1/1 already. :allears:

I want a 5/5/3 Magneto Now! so drat bad.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Mother of god. I woke up and had to tap through so many gifts. I'm up to 4k iso. :stare:

Yeah I used to be like that, now I'm down to 2-3k a morning. However I was finally able to give you some iso today, you were one of biggest supporters.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

The forest is just the best stage. I hated it when I just started because it was like 10% of a character's health, but now it's by far the best bang for your buck, especially if someone is silly enough to take a Daken/Wolverine into a Loki lightning round.

Also, critical tile + environment tile + boosted character = it's raining red, hallelujah.

I dunno, if you can get a critical match on the tech lab, the AI basically gets no more turns as you crank out 10 crit tiles in a row (chances are one of them will crit with some more enviro tiles. Takes ages, but I find it amusing).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey a level 20ish black widow and modern storm team, easy 25 points. Oh poo poo that magneto has 9900 hp :stare:

I totally killed him with with 3 feral claws, 2 hammer strikes, and a thunder strike :smug:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I dislike the new ability use interface...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its okay, but yeah, with the old one, it was easy to tell at a glance that you have powers to use.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I just got spider man yellow in a standard pack from one of you. So not impossible.
And now I just got Spider-Man purple from a standard pack from the reward for 50 rank in the lightning rounds. So yeah, everyone should do two fights, you have a chance of getting spider-man. Now if I get top 25 in my pool (should be do-able), I will have one of each rank.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
One thing I like about the new power interface is that it doesn't require a tile of that color on the board to activate a power. It was an edge case, but there were a few occasions where I wanted to use a power but I couldn't because the only ones on the board were special tiles that didn't count as tiles of that color.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Is there a decent list of heroes worth keeping and which skills are worth leveling over others?
I've sold a couple covers and then found out later they were amazing once leveled up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hawkeye Classic and Bag-Man are pretty much sell on sight. Everyone else has some utility I guess.

I am paralyzed by having this amount of resources. What do I even do with it?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I had 6000 and was at a loose end, so I went for four Lightning tokens. Two Widows, ugh. One red Iron Man, which helps for the second one I'm training up because I don't like the power set up I've got on the first one. And a Blue Classic Storm, so suddenly I have something to spend it all on. To 77!

Also I like that it says one star or higher. Like there's 0 star characters. Actually, that might be fun. They'd be HAMMER mooks or something I guess.

Also, the idea that the three star tournament is described as a level playing field. That one makes me laugh.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 21, 2013

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Heroes worth keeping: all of them except Hawkeye classic, Yelena Belova, and Bag man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Depends posted:

Is there a decent list of heroes worth keeping and which skills are worth leveling over others?
I've sold a couple covers and then found out later they were amazing once leveled up.

The first post has a link with all abilities listed. But with run down of useful easy to get heroes and the usually build of them.

1*
Iron man model 35 5/5/3
Storm modern 5/3/5
Black widow 5/5
Venom 5/4

2*
Thor 5/5/3
Wolverine 5/3/5
Storm classic 5/3/5
Daken 5/5
Hawkeye modern 5/5/3
Captain America 3/5/5
Bullseye 5/5
Magneto now! 5/5/3

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 21, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You probably want to save a couple of poo poo health heroes for Storm-fuckery too. Hawkeye Classic, your best skill is being punched in the face. Maybe you should be called Blackeye. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

McDragon posted:

Also I like that it says one star or higher. Like there's 0 star characters. Actually, that might be fun. They'd be HAMMER mooks or something I guess.

I can picture pulling four times and getting Foggy Nelson, J. Jonah Jameson, Willy Lumpkin and Bob, Agent of HYDRA.

My Spider-Man is maxed for his skills (level 66) at last. I got my 900 point reward (1000 ISO) from 3* and the 1000 point reward is so insulting (one Standard token) that I'm done reaching. Now to prepare for the storm Friday night.

Meanwhile, every day this game is without Howard the Duck is a lost opportunity.