Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

Like that one erotica book that plagiarized an article on ferrets?

whaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Sabel posted:

It's for our own vanity and what we like to see in the mirror more than what other dudes or women think (but if they notice or admire that's a plus)

pretty much this, i'm vain as hell v:shobon:v

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tyler Hoechlin has thick lush brows

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I think really dark, thick eyebrows can look good in a satyr-like kind of way on guys with a Mediterranean complexion. Of course there are limits but I'm generally open to prominent eyebrows if you've got the right face for it.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Crow Jane posted:

Dykes to Watch Out For was a pretty lovely comic, anyway.

I was thinking about buying that- what is bad about it?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Unfunny, shrill writing, unlikeable characters, ugly art. It used to run in the local alternative paper, and while I read it weekly I was never sure why.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I had bushy brows so when they're plucked its a noticeable difference and makes me a lot more attractive

At this point I pluck maybe once a month after killing my hairs off?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I'm watching Dawson's Creek, is that something pertinent to ladies

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Michelle Williams is pretty cool, but she only became so once she left Dawson's Creek

edit: Also why are you watching Dawson's Creek?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remember thinking Prepon was really hot back when she was on That 70s Show, but now I thinks she always looked weird :psyduck:.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

She was sort of hot in Orange is the New Black

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
On women, eyebrows is huge:

On men, just unibrow:

Or trim that old guy bush:

But don't overgroom, tia:

(gently caress, that's huge)

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

^^^I agree. That is all

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that old guy's brows are kinda awesome

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

I thought he was pretty good looking in ST:ID

his hair in sherlock is inexcusable though

I don't mean to brag, but when I cut my hair short it looks exactly like this (I'm a lady)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I agree, those eyebrows rock. Old people can look however the hell they want, I get all jolly when I see a crazily dressed old broad with bejeweled glasses and bright lipstick.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I like having short hair.
Also old people have earned the right to do that, like in Highlander, it's the Prize.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

eyebrows are a pain but well groomed brows improve your face by about a gajillion

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Thanks y'all, you made me stop being lazy and do my brows like I've been meaning to for a week now

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I've tried for years to wax/pluck my own eyebrows, but they never look the same--right one, OK and semi nicely arched, left one, totally straight and thin and too short. Looks like I had a seizure on the left side of my body.

I hate making small talk at any salon-type environment (haircuts once a year? yes) but I make myself go for the brows.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Ughghghrghgh beauticians.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I actually like my hairdresser a lot, she's a really nice and funny person.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
There's a place near my parents' house that does threading for $8.50. :toot:
Even though they're always busy when we go, we're in and out in like 10 minutes or less.

I do that whenever I'm in town for winter/summer breaks and I just tweeze otherwise.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
hey ladies and non-m'ladies

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pick posted:

that old guy's brows are kinda awesome

It's only bad when the eyebrows get so long they curl down into the eyelids. I had a professor whose eyebrows did that and his eyes were constantly irritated.

Crow Jane posted:

I agree, those eyebrows rock. Old people can look however the hell they want, I get all jolly when I see a crazily dressed old broad with bejeweled glasses and bright lipstick.

Like the ladies of Advance Style. It seems like there's two types of old ladies: ones that are super elegant and ones that go crazy a la Betsey Johnson and wear whatever. I'm looking forward to being too old to give a crap.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Does threading hurt worse than waxing?

The wax ripping out the hair hurts (at least the under portion) but it's when they're plucking out those stray hairs with the tweezers that I want to cry

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

There's an old Korean lady in my neighborhood who always wears two or three eye-searingly loud and clashing prints at a time and takes a fat orange cat for walks on a leash. She owns on every imaginable level.

There's another old lady in my neighborhood who never seems to leave the house without hat, gloves, and smart little shoes, she's the cutest goddamn thing. Old ladies rule.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 21, 2013

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

grapey posted:

Does threading hurt worse than waxing?

The wax ripping out the hair hurts (at least the under portion) but it's when they're plucking out those stray hairs with the tweezers that I want to cry

The pain is a bit "sharper" I guess. Threading rips the hair out by trapping it between sections of twisted thread, covering a small surface area. With waxing the pressure is distributed over a larger surface area so it hurts a little less than getting a "spot" treatment- also why plucking hairs at the outer edge of your brow hurts more than plucking near the front/anywhere there is more hair grouped together.
I think it's worth it though. It doesn't pull on the skin as much as tweezing does (I don't know enough about waxing to compare)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I have no qualms about getting old, being an old lady seems pretty cool for my lifes sunset ending.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

There's an old Korean lady in my neighborhood who always wears two or three eye-searingly loud and clashing prints at a time and takes a fat orange cat for walks on a leash. She owns on every imaginable level.

There's another old lady in my neighborhood who never seems to leave the house without hat, gloves, and smart little shoes, she's the cutest goddamn thing. Old ladies rule.

I also have an old Korean lady as a neighbor. She's really sweet and made us cookies once but she's mostly deaf and just blasts these Korean soap operas through our walls in the early hours of the morning. I use the theme songs as an alarm clock now and it works great since they only air on weekdays.

I was considering getting her those TV headphones for old people and helping her set them up but I really don't want to make her feel bad.

NiceGuyGaylen
Nov 20, 2013

by Fistgrrl

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GeraldineButts
Oct 21, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

We men could always go back to sculpting.

Our source material appears to be the same though. :haw:

Actually, some researchers have recently theorized that Venus of Willendorf might have been a self-portrait of a woman, because that's what your proportions look like when you look down at your body and have terrible self-esteem I guess. Also this is the first time I've noticed that she doesn't have a face and it's creeping me out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GeraldineButts posted:

Actually, some researchers have recently theorized that Venus of Willendorf might have been a self-portrait of a woman, because that's what your proportions look like when you look down at your body and have terrible self-esteem I guess. Also this is the first time I've noticed that she doesn't have a face and it's creeping me out.

Yeah but wouldn't you have seen other women?

Also her arms should be huuuuge, if she had them, which I assume she did if she carved the thing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

GeraldineButts posted:

she has a fro

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

she has a fro

that's a toque son

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

that's a toque son

Tu quoque

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GeraldineButts posted:

:v:I don't believe this at all, no woman would make herself look like this. Now they may make one of their fat friend...:v:

As for the face thing. There is an indent that looks like and eye and a mouth. And then the other noticeable feature.:j:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I know a girl who has that tattooed on her back. It's well-done, but everytime I see it I think of my crazy ancient art history professor.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just ain't into tats, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Crow Jane posted:

edit: Also why are you watching Dawson's Creek?

I may never know

• Locked thread