Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I love how they went to all the trouble of registering their company as CENTURION USA LLC Las Vegas, NV but then put their location as Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Yeah, that looks like a reputable game developer: http://www.centurionusa.biz/las-vegas-private-tour/

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Grim Up North posted:

Yeah, that looks like a reputable game developer: http://www.centurionusa.biz/las-vegas-private-tour/

poo poo yeah that's the only way to see Las Vegas, with a bunch of eastern European dudes yelling broken English at you and kicking you out of their car if you get drunk.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Machai posted:

Helicopters are totally flown with a steering wheel.

As engineering issues go that's pretty tame for the particular vehicle they have sketched there. I'm more concerned about the blades being made out of what appears to be a delicate flower.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

KKKlean Energy posted:

As engineering issues go that's pretty tame for the particular vehicle they have sketched there. I'm more concerned about the blades being made out of what appears to be a delicate flower.

I thought it was a banana peel. Or whole bananas.

"Please give me money, but you don't have to!"

chucklefuck posted:

Most people start webcomics as just a way to kill time but that's not the case here. I've always been a big fan of things like anime/manga/movies. I've often thought to myself that I could make something as awesome as some of these stories I have enjoyed if I just had the chance. The founding members of Gainax, one of my favorite anime studios made their first anime Daicon III/IV when they were only int heir late teens. This used to make me a little depressed because I'm older then they were but never got any of my ideas out there. That's all changed now however , as of right now almost four chapters have made it onto the web and new pages are still being made.

[snip]

As a thank you to anyone who contributes 10$ or more to the project, I will be giving out dvd's that have the highest quality images of all pages that have been completed thus far.

For some reason, he's felt the need to make his own TVTropes page for the webcomic. You can tell because he linked it and it's written like someone involved in the "production" made it.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Nov 19, 2013

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

"The inspiration for the game came from the old DOS games"

Hmm yes I wonder which one:

:iiam:

SupSuper has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Nov 20, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love how they went to all the trouble of registering their company as CENTURION USA LLC Las Vegas, NV but then put their location as Ljubljana, Slovenia.

They had to register a company in the US, UK, Canada or Australia in order to make a kickstarter, by having a company account in a country Kickstarter pays to. And there was likely already a Centurion, LLC or too so the business registrar had them add something to the company name.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Let's look at some of the the brilliant design and technology projects that need your support.

First up, here's "a rare opportunity to own a copy of the highly sought after game Ghettopoly."
A game so sought after it hasn't achieved funding in four attempts.

So what will the toddlers do while the big kids are playing Ghettopoly? Maybe they'd like to do a puzzle. Puzzles are great. They help with coordination, and teach the difference between a pistol and a revolver. An absolute steal at $95.

What do you get for the basement dwelling shut-in that has everything?
A Wireless Digital Katana

Lastly, here's some sort of generator/pump thing that isn't really well explained. I'm no engineer, but I get the feeling that his idea won't pan out in any capacity (though I don't think it's a scam, just misguided). Still, watch it for the terrible "video in a video" moment.
Direct Transmission Pumps and Generators

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

A Good Username posted:

Ahahahahahaha it's open source.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

A Good Username posted:

So what will the toddlers do while the big kids are playing Ghettopoly? Maybe they'd like to do a puzzle. Puzzles are great. They help with coordination, and teach the difference between a pistol and a revolver. An absolute steal at $95.

I am trying so hard to figure out if this is satire or not.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

flying pat posted:

"4 HIGHLY ZEALOUS GUYS, photo by: Matjaž Slanič"

It's adorable how they even went through the effort of looking like Americans. From left to right, they went Douchebag, Douchebag Texan, Douchebag Redditor, and Douchebag Emo. The whole thing has such a "Mickey Mouse! Baseball! America! Video games number 1!" feel; I might make this my desktop. :3:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Good Username posted:

If anybody wants to sigh, I think for once you can get away with it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Dachshundofdoom posted:

It's adorable how they even went through the effort of looking like Americans. From left to right, they went Douchebag, Douchebag Texan, Douchebag Redditor, and Douchebag Emo. The whole thing has such a "Mickey Mouse! Baseball! America! Video games number 1!" feel; I might make this my desktop. :3:

The kicker for me is the 420 on the back fence.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

A Good Username posted:

HOW HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THE DEMO VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5VVSXUvYXk

"Hmm, I want to raise a bunch of money to mass produce and sell this kickin rad cyber bokkan, what should I wear in the tech demo? Oh I know! I'll dress up in little kid pajamas in spite of being a full sized adult! That's sure to earn me scorn and derision, just like high school accolades and respect!"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Dachshundofdoom posted:

easterneurope.jpg

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dachshundofdoom posted:

It's adorable how they even went through the effort of looking like Americans. From left to right, they went Douchebag, Douchebag Texan, Douchebag RedditorBuster Keaton, and Douchebag EmoBob Dylan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Suits, ties, polo shirts and hats: all invented by Americans in the year 2003.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Arnold of Soissons posted:

HOW HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THE DEMO VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5VVSXUvYXk

"Hmm, I want to raise a bunch of money to mass produce and sell this kickin rad cyber bokkan, what should I wear in the tech demo? Oh I know! I'll dress up in little kid pajamas in spite of being a full sized adult! That's sure to earn me scorn and derision, just like high school accolades and respect!"

"And here's me, putting my hard-earned engineering degree to good use."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

Suits, ties, polo shirts and hats: all invented by Americans in the year 2003.

White guys wearing gigantic gangsta bling, giant cowboy hats, and wearing extremely old-fashioned clothing to seem cool certainly were.

Content:

Pay us 15 dollars and I'll spend like a minute painting a hockey mask for you. Pay us 30 and we'll spend two! For 50,you get to actually have control over what we paint!

This one gets bonus :effort: points for the fact that they literally misspell "psychotic" in the title.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

This is strangely understated and depressing for a purely narcissistic project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rastafarian47/painting-self-portrait

I want to paint me and put me on my wall because I know me, and you can pay me to paint me for me and I will send you a postcard of me, painted by me. Me...me. :smithicide:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

quote:

To be honest, my bedroom walls are completely empty and I have been looking for something to hang for few months now, something that is a reflection of my self.

Maybe he should have just kickstarted a mirror.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Wait, all I can get is his portrait on a photo card for :10bux:? He expects 60 people to want that? If he was smart he'd offer to redo it as anything people want for like 150 dollars or however much and send the whole canvas to them. I'd pay that much to hang his weird, grimacing face dressed as a clown on my wall. It'd be a great conversation starter.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
From the department of "Reinventing the Wheel":

Disrupting the paradigms, one clothespin at a time.

I'm pretty sure I´ve seen this one at Home Depot.

Have another loving multitool.

The micropenis of the crowbar world.

"The Tipsy Wine Glass is a paradigm of how really a wine should be tasted or tested for that matter."

From the department of "Solving inexistent problems":

Or maybe you could do what your parents always told you and put your drink far from the computer.

A lovely plastic case so you can listen to your smartphone subpar speakers while you shower.

loving magnets in my loving shoes.

From the department of "Thanks for giving me ideas for my next rainy day project":

It's a safety belt clip that you use as a keychain and mount to a wall. :effort:

What is it with all this people and their obsession with mounting all their possessions to a wall, anyway?

Google "homemade lightbox". I'll wait.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This looks like a really great choice for anyone who loves red wine stains on loving everything.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Naturally, being an iPhone accessory, this one is already 240% funded.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That's even worse than those wine glasses and decanter that were designed to have no stable bottom and roll all around your table.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

It's like a five-year-old sat through a junior high health class and three weeks later they told him to draw the female reproductive system from memory.

I'd probably buy those pants magnets, though. I've shredded the poo poo out of so many pairs of jeans. Not for 13 loving bucks, granted, but I'd grab them for $2.99 if they were an impulse buy at the cash register.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

quote:

As you swirl the wine, molecules of the wine explode as they hit the walls of the glass, releasing its unique aroma.

Christ, I never realized wine was so volatile. Is that why you need to carefully study the wine before you drink it? To make sure your drink isn't on fire? If your wine has a bright orange color and a smoky bouquet you probably should pour yourself a new glass.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

I just invented a wine glass where the entire thing is tilted at a 45-degree angle instead of just the bowl, allowing literally all of the benefits that the tipsy glass offers with the added ability to set the glass down in a move vertical position to minimize the risk of spills.

How high should I set my funding goal?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

To be fair, those added hooks seem pretty useful for stuff that's often too heavy for clothespins to grip (like wet jeans) and for hanging more items in less space.

Still, it's one of those "I'd buy a set for $3 if I saw it at Target but I wouldn't Kickstart it" cases.

And this one doesn't seem weird or wrong to me because I like to show off my LPs in a similar fashion- but it's a stupid product because I did it in a way that's cheaper, easier, and looks way better, with some $8 Ikea picture ledges.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Let's build a Godzlilla framework statue and cover it in Kudzu! What could possibly go wrong?!

This seems like a REALLY bad idea. I don't know why over $10000 dollars worth of people are willing to fund a sculpture covered in a horrifying invasive plant, but apparently they are. I'm guessing (praying) most of them don't actually live in the South and don't realize how horrible the plant is. Considering how fast kudzu spreads, I can't help but think this thing would be a blight on its surroundings. At least we can all take solace in the fact that they probably won't get the money, let alone get approval to set this thing up.

Oh, with just twenty thousand dollars in stretch goals, they'll make the statue covered in plants breathe fire. Sounds safe.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Wouldn't that be, by some standards, a bioweapon?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If I'm reading the kickstarter correctly, they plan to find a place that already has kudzu in it and build the statue there.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

To be fair, those added hooks seem pretty useful for stuff that's often too heavy for clothespins to grip (like wet jeans) and for hanging more items in less space.

Still, it's one of those "I'd buy a set for $3 if I saw it at Target but I wouldn't Kickstart it" cases.

You know what I do if I have to hang something on the line that's too heavy to be held up by a clothespeg? I fold it over the line and put a peg on top to hold it in place :monocle:

quote:

And this one doesn't seem weird or wrong to me because I like to show off my LPs in a similar fashion- but it's a stupid product because I did it in a way that's cheaper, easier, and looks way better, with some $8 Ikea picture ledges.

This would only be good if you were either decorating a record store or never actually wanted to listen to your records. Anyone with a sizeable vinyl collection already has an Expedit bookshelf from IKEA which looks fine, is perfectly sized to hold records in their sleeves, and matches most modern home decor more than this whimsical Pinterest-baiting poo poo.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

cyberia posted:

This would only be good if you were either decorating a record store or never actually wanted to listen to your records. Anyone with a sizeable vinyl collection already has an Expedit bookshelf from IKEA which looks fine, is perfectly sized to hold records in their sleeves, and matches most modern home decor more than this whimsical Pinterest-baiting poo poo.

Ahahahahaha do you even know what you're talking about?

I'm just gonna post a photo of my "sizable vinyl collection" with the picture ledges I mentioned earlier, and then you can tell me how your argument makes any goddamn sense. You see those things above the Expedit? Those are picture ledges. I like to put a few LPs on them in order to show off the album artwork, which is something that I cannot do with the Expedit.

It must be loving impossible to listen to the records on them- I mean they must be like six feet off the ground!

What's funny is that you and I didn't disagree on that being a terrible, unnecessary, poorly designed Kickstarter project. You're just too caught up being snarky for GBS cred or whatever to not be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
What the hell is a "Vinyl"? Some kinda off-brand iPod?

e: My dog's UNEXPECTED LUXURY is MANGO CHUTNEY.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Nov 22, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dijon du jour posted:

I would absolutely buy one of those dog collars at a slightly lower price point. Maybe $75? I like how they look like nice ties, and i hope they are machine washable like they say.
I think the product is sound, but she needs to find her customers. People send stupid money on pets

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 09:03 on Nov 22, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dachshundofdoom posted:

White guys wearing gigantic gangsta bling, giant cowboy hats, and wearing extremely old-fashioned clothing to seem cool certainly were.

Yeah but you're making it sound like they're from the Papua New Guinean highlands or something. Slovenia is a pretty chill, modern country. They're not untainted by the white man's civilization.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS

dijon du jour posted:

Those are actually kind of cute, but I'm concerned that she doesn't have any examples of collars for little dogs. Cause, you know, the craziest of crazy dog pamperers are the ones that own Chihuahuas or Papillions or Corgis.

I would totally get one for my mini dachshund, is all I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

dijon du jour posted:

"Bull Semen"