Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

On hey I got in the top 25 for this last thunder with my 85 Thor and 81 wolverine. Now My Ragnarok has 2 green covers.... And no red :negative:

I never understand these thunder rounds. I have the best luck with magneto and Ragnarok thunders, but they should have the steep competitions. Those rewards are far better than hood and doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Whomever decided giving Ragnarok 12k+ HP was a good idea needs to find a new job. My skip button is getting one hell of a workout today.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Um so I had a really good match.

That is a 1764 damage worth of strike tiles. They are 84 strength each.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Um so I had a really good match.

That is a 1764 damage worth of strike tiles. They are 84 strength each.

And then you match that blue... Holy poo poo

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

And then you match that blue... Holy poo poo

I could but I had 30 red ap, 12 green ap, and 25 yellow. I used forest fire and 3 thorny rose.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
All these Woverine posts are making me doubt my decision to spend all my ISO on Grey Widow; wondering if a 5/1/1 Wolvie (max lvl 40, currently 7 :v:) is worth leveling over my 2/3/4 Widow (max lvl 89, currently 54).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why worry? They can synergize well. Grey Widow can make greens. Wolvie eats greens and pumps out strike tiles.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I'm not worried, I just don't like to spread my hard-earned resources so I usually focus on just one character at a time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, in terms of strengths, Widow's more of a glass cannon and Wolverine's a tank (despite his middling hp range) with good offensive skills once you level him up. Neither are bad, so pick one that suits your playstyle.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
This wolvie talk is making me seriously consider turning my 1950 hero points into more wolvie covers, currently 3/3/3. I've been using all my ISO on leveling Daken though, so Wolvie is a poor 23, maybe I'll get him up to 53 first before I get more covers.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Drew my second Ragnarok cover from the 50-point token reward, Lightning Rounds get an A+ from me :D

Edit: I'd apologize to SynthOrange because I did it by stepping over the corpses of his mutant team, but... eh, he'd understand.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

t:mad:t

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
(o^-')b

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

is anyone else noticing the AI getting some absolutely insane cascades/crit usage since the last update? It's not a case of selective memory, because I get occasional ones as well, but in the last couple of rounds I've had multiple occurrences of the AI literally whipping me stupid with enviro crits cascading into more enviro crits into board collapses and then an endless shitstorm of skills. I had one fight where I watched the AI perform aggressive recon three times in one batch of attacks.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

bubbapook posted:

is anyone else noticing the AI getting some absolutely insane cascades/crit usage since the last update? It's not a case of selective memory, because I get occasional ones as well, but in the last couple of rounds I've had multiple occurrences of the AI literally whipping me stupid with enviro crits cascading into more enviro crits into board collapses and then an endless shitstorm of skills. I had one fight where I watched the AI perform aggressive recon three times in one batch of attacks.

I don't think I've ever seen the AI use an ability more than once a turn, even if they had the AP for it.

Vord25
Mar 18, 2009

bubbapook posted:

I started noticing this more often now especially with the enviro crits as you said. They would get a cascade then they would match 5 for extra turns during the cascade. Usually leads to their Thor hammering me with both yellow and red skills back to back.They would match more tiles leading to another cascade. This happens to me during the lightning rounds when they get buffed up and always seems to be the Hood for me..

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Vord25 posted:

I started noticing this more often now especially with the enviro crits as you said. They would get a cascade then they would match 5 for extra turns during the cascade. Usually leads to their Thor hammering me with both yellow and red skills back to back.They would match more tiles leading to another cascade. This happens to me during the lightning rounds when they get buffed up and always seems to be the Hood for me..

See now, the example I cited was with the Hood as well, in the lab. I have a feeling it was triggered by the enviro crits, because the AI started off an assault with the 'narrow hallway' enviro blast, which then basically turned into a complete landslide that killed all three characters in succession before I could respond.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I got a diabolical token from one of the Ragnarok rounds, but gods forbid I get some more stupid Hood tokens. :argh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

bubbapook posted:

See now, the example I cited was with the Hood as well, in the lab. I have a feeling it was triggered by the enviro crits, because the AI started off an assault with the 'narrow hallway' enviro blast, which then basically turned into a complete landslide that killed all three characters in succession before I could respond.

You can actually use the escape option while in the middle of the hell cascade or while powers are firing off, which I sometimes do when I see the AI crit 200+ environment tiles with the thorned rose tile. I've never had that happen and been able to kill the AI without being hit with every single power they have every turn for the rest of the short match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love when the CPU uses the Containment Breach environment skill, creates a critical tile, then just leaves it there to go match 3 other tiles. So generous!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I went chasing the Doom Lightning Round, but this time not to get Doom, as mine is 5/4 already. I fretted over my placement at the end, afraid that pushing for too many points would put me in the top 25 and get me a Doom Black that I can't use.

I landed in the Top 50, as I'd hoped, and got a Diabolical token. It got me... Doom Black.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I just managed to land a top 8 finish to get my Doom to 5/4. He's getting pretty scary now.

If only I could get some more Ragnarock covers. I've been using my partially leveled Ragnarock with Doom during the lightning rounds now, and on the rounds where one of them are featured I sneak in my Grey Widow. Ragnarock feeding her green for Sniper Rifle is pretty sweet.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well my poo poo 3* team is limping its way up the score board. I'm only at 300 right now, but I don't see any reason I can't get to at least 600 (for hero points). I'm using:

Magneto level 18 1/0/1
Iron man level 40 2/0/3
Grey widow level 33 1/2/3

So far the game plan is to fight teams without Ranagrok and any other low ap spamming attacks (like spidey). I'm using +3 all ap, +3 purple and blue ap, and +25% damage on critical. And i use the computer battles for more ciritical tiles. This team has been criticaling and cascading like no tomorrow. I had one match where I used about 12 moves before the enemy got to have a turn. It pretty fun and a completely different play style which is nice. Controlling the board and doing dozens of tiny cuts makes the game feel like a puzzle game.

Too bad is much less effective than Thor/ragnarok/wolverine just spamming low cost high damage moves. Where they can end matches fast and take less damage doing so.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 21, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
At least the combination of picking on weaklings in 3* / Lightning Round spammage is really helping my leveling process along. Doom is up to 63, Spidey to 66 and Grey Widow to 57 and climbing.

Still won't help me much against the triple-triple-digit 3* teams, but it's progress and maybe it'll help me steal a top 25 tomorrow.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Anyone else not received their prize yet from the Loki round that ended 20 minutes ago? Force-quit and restarted the app a half-dozen times, but nothing yet.

EDIT: Glad it's not just me then, maybe it'll tick over in a few minutes when the next round starts.

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 21, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Deathwing posted:

Anyone else not received their prize yet from the Loki round that ended 20 minutes ago? Force-quit and restarted the app a half-dozen times, but nothing yet.

I'm guessing someone is sitting there with the app open to an unfinished battle so the tournament can't end.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Deathwing posted:

I was just about to post the same thing. I am still waiting as well.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I also have not yet gotten my Loki prize. It's the first time I top 50d a lightning round too.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
This one had better deliver. I think I just snagged a blue Magneto Classic at last.

EDIT: It did. My Red Maggie is on his way to becoming a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 21, 2013

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Got my token fine this time...and redeemed for the Doom ability that's already maxed, argh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I just tried out my 1/1/3 Magneto Classic in the buffed Lightning Round environment, only at level 38 so far.

10 Purple: Swaps up to 7 random Blue tiles with Red tiles. Does 444 damage for each swap.

:hawaaaafap:

Note to self: Do Not gently caress Around with high-level buffed Magnetos.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Since they've added all covers to the 500 iso lottery, I've gotten a loki, an iron man 40, two captain America's, and a moonstone. So do that, I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've only gotten Iron Man 35, Hawkeyes and modern storms from the lottery since the update. :v:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 21, 2013

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I got two Spider-Man's (classic) and one Moonstone. Lots of Juggernaut/Hawkeye/Venom though. I think 1 or 2 Classic Storms, but I maxed her a long time ago.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I keep getting wolverine green covers. It is stupid how many I have gotten after I got my wolverine to 5/3/5. It is such a kick of the teeth because those are pretty hard to come by and everyone wants them, but I can't use them.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Got my reward from the Lightning Round that just ended, still waiting on my two Loki covers. :sigh:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The last two have worked, but the Loki round is still holding out.

I busted my rear end in the Rag tournament to get top 8, but only managed top 25. It's my first green cover for him though, so not too bad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shwqa posted:

I keep getting wolverine green covers. It is stupid how many I have gotten after I got my wolverine to 5/3/5. It is such a kick of the teeth because those are pretty hard to come by and everyone wants them, but I can't use them.

This is me except I keep getting Wolverine red covers and mine is only 2/3/2 but I don't want to pump red any higher.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

MeramJert posted:

This is me except I keep getting Wolverine red covers and mine is only 2/3/2 but I don't want to pump red any higher.

I made the mistake of maxing out his red skill because I got so many of them. I really wish there was a way to respec or dump skill points so you aren't stuck with them or forced to level up another character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

I swear to god, the number of loving bullshit cascades in these lightning rounds is definitely pushing me to just throw this game away. Just no point trying to improve your roster when the last six covers I've gotten from LRs were motherfucking hawkeyes.