Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
B-b-b-bonus episode today featuring Will Forte and PFT. I'm somewhat worried though because I'm pretty sure bonus episodes were created initially so that Scott could air that guests first appearance because it was so awkward and weird.

Edit: this episode was incredible

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

Though thankfully it's the season to post Todd Glass fantastic holiday music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvIL3YnLGw

This is absolutely incredible. Cannot believe anyone left the show while this was still happening. Is now in my head for a solid few hours.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

B-b-b-bonus episode today featuring Will Forte and PFT. I'm somewhat worried though because I'm pretty sure bonus episodes were created initially so that Scott could air that guests first appearance because it was so awkward and weird.

I made it to them listing presidents, and then desperately switched to improv4humans to get some energy.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 21, 2013

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I made it to them listing presidents, and then desperately switched to improve4humans to get some energy.

I thought it was one of the best in a long time. The bad jokes and frequent laughter reminded me a lot of farts and procreation 1.

"You almost said Cloudy with a Mance of Cheatballs."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

SunshineDanceParty posted:

improve4humans to get some energy.
which has been on a loving roll these last couple of episodes. Besser has really found his groove with the format, starting with questions really gets the show rolling in a great way without a formal 10 minute part of introducing everybody. I think I've listened to last weeks episode 3 times now, I keep dying at the part where people end up as heads on the Lincoln Memorial. I wasn't a fan of Betsy Sodaro a couple of episodes ago but she was fantastic in it.

*we cut to the future where this guys head is on the lincoln memorial*
"Yeah and he was just kind of a guy that hung around explaining things..."
- "Wait, who are you?"
"Oh I'm just some guy...good bye!"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I've said this before but for a long time now I4H has probably been the most consistently funny podcast that I listen to

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Here's your pyramid news for the last 2 weeks.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Oh yeah, I4H is incredible these days - Besser has a pretty sizeable roster of people who are reliably exceptional (Tim Meadows recent MVP, Lapkus is God), plus is really good at bringing new people into the fold as well.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I4H needs Adam Pally back. Was listening to the I4H Best Of Vol.3 and that royal baby sketch slays me every time.

"Well then... tumble it down to parliament if you've got such a problem with the naming of the baby "Life of Brian"!"

Also Racist Wind Chime Ski Lodge. Adam you're the best :allears:

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 21, 2013

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Let's list our favorite I4H eps and why:

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Brock Samson posted:

Let's list our favorite I4H eps and why:

94 - Hands In The Air for sure. Lauren Lapkus and a hilarious debate on beastiality. Nuff Said.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Welp, my town is setting up Christmas decorations. Time for the endless loop of white christmas :suicide:
Though thankfully it's the season to post Todd Glass fantastic holiday music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvIL3YnLGw

This should be the new default Christmas music everywhere instead of White Christmas or whatever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jWYinap7_E

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I didn't click the video but Bing Bong immediately started up in my head...

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Lugaloco posted:

I4H needs Adam Pally back. Was listening to the I4H Best Of Vol.3 and that royal baby sketch slays me every time.

"Well then... tumble it down to parliament if you've got such a problem with the naming of the baby "Life of Brian"!"

John Gemberling in that sketch is also incredible (and that's a fantastic episode all round).

Some other great episodes that spring to mind are #63, the one that's one long Ayahuasca trip, and #44, the one where Lauren Lapkus can't stop talking about licking assholes.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Hello, everyone. Today's episode of CBB is really loving funny. Anyways, i4h--

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I thought it was one of the best in a long time. The bad jokes and frequent laughter reminded me a lot of farts and procreation 1.

My favorite part was the 5 solid seconds of dead air brought on by PFT trying not to crack up after Scott's "All the fish in the ocean, because fish are like the world's pets" line. It's a meandering, kind of dull episode, but it's not without its charm.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

isnt that right posted:

Hello, everyone. Today's episode of CBB is really loving funny. Anyways, i4h--
yeah it really was, easily one of my favorites this year too. You know it's going to be a great episode when they comment on how loving hot it is in the room.
"Why did I have to die in a tweet jacket. Booh."

Heat + Time - Tragedy = Comedy???

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wish I could've seen their faces when Scott says "Adam Sandler. Soon..." when talking about dead Adams family.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The number of excellent CBB episodes fuelled by exceptional warmth (most notably both Farts & Pro) has led me on several occasions to refuse to open any doors or windows when playing drinking games and poo poo with friends. Can strongly recommend, it does quite quickly induce a sense of delirium into the room.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Everything needs Adam Pally back. Forte was bad but I guess he had a headache so excusable. Tompkins is god and I don't even like the character.

I just started with I4H and the best-of ep where they replay that sketch where Paul Rust talks about stealing Tom Petty's facial hair and then they come back to the present and try to reoccupy their mental states from months(?) earlier in order to re-litigate who hosed up the improv manners is the funniest thing of the year.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JethroMcB posted:

My favorite part was the 5 solid seconds of dead air brought on by PFT trying not to crack up after Scott's "All the fish in the ocean, because fish are like the world's pets" line. It's a meandering, kind of dull episode, but it's not without its charm.

Podmass writer spotted.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

"He was texting and driving."

"You should call him Texter!!"

...silence

"...........WOW!!"

I love it.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 22, 2013

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
The latest episode was the dumbest in tone since Mall McCartney and because of that it's one of the best this year for me. There is so much off-mic PFT laughter and dead air when Scott makes Paul struggle to yes-and with terrible questions and premises.
Any episode that has the two of them just messing with each other like that are my favourites.
Everything from "Cloudy with a Mance of Cheatballs" to the end is amazing.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
There must be something wrong with me because I was really bored with Mall McCartney for the last half hour or so.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Thanks for talking about Improv4humans, it's pretty funny.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

There must be something wrong with me because I was really bored with Mall McCartney for the last half hour or so.

Yes. Mall McCartney is god.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I thought the whole thing was pretty bad, but I just don't like Jon when he's not with Tim.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

LesterGroans posted:

Podmass writer spotted.

Yeah, I wish. Getting paid to write really half-assed opinions about podcasts on the Internet, sign me up for that.

I would never put any installment of CBB in with "The Rest," I can tell you that :colbert:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Zsinjeh posted:

Welp, my town is setting up Christmas decorations. Time for the endless loop of white christmas :suicide:

Conduit for Sale! posted:

This should be the new default Christmas music everywhere instead of White Christmas or whatever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jWYinap7_E

And don't forget about this classic holiday duet.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
One of the episodes near a past Christmas has a bunch of Scott's friends singing Christmas Lady Marmalade with a verse by Dragon Boy Suede (Howard Kremer) and an early appearance by Kulap. Anyone know off hand what episode that is?

And of course my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAc0xWmsJI

Fezz fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 23, 2013

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Fezz posted:

One of the episodes near a past Christmas has a bunch of Scott's friends singing Christmas Lady Marmalade with a verse by Dragon Boy Suede (Howard Kremer) and an early appearance by Kulap. Anyone know off hand what episode that is?

And of course my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAc0xWmsJI

I would guess 85 but I don't know for sure. There's a video though.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3252efe81a/christmas-lady-marmalade

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

GobiasIndustries posted:

"He was texting and driving."

"You should call him Texter!!"

...silence

"...........WOW!!"

I love it.

I loved how fast Scott was. And you could almost hear the :haw: on his face.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Little Gary's ode to Jesus Christ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcm_EUvhqAA

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

RandomPauI posted:

Don't forget Little Gary's ode to Jesus Christ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcm_EUvhqAA

I still think that's the best episode of CBB to this date. It's too loving good.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

voting is up
http://blog.earwolf.com/post/68032433107

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Time Bobby 2, Peanut in the Rain, and Acapella Cuddle Puddle are must-votes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gently caress. I got to episode 229 (Two Thumbs and Not Much Else) and apparently I had used up all 10 of my votes. This is going to be tricky.

EDIT: God I feel dirty doing this, there are so many episodes that brought me so much joy that I have to leave out. I am considering leaving out Farts and Pro III and my god it made me laugh so much.

Going through my current 10, Horatio Sanz stands out as the surprise MVP (who isn't Paul F Tompkins cause come on) of 2013. 3 of his 4 episodes (I haven't heard the live ones yet, gonna get em for myself as a Christmas gift soon) are in my top 10.

cams fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 25, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
10 minutes into the new episode and I really hope they don't try to speak to Bill Callahan much more from here on because dear god.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

tnimark posted:

10 minutes into the new episode and I really hope they don't try to speak to Bill Callahan much more from here on because dear god.
Scott quickly realizes Bill is pretty nervous (or just not a rapid fire funny guy) and attacks him with odd questions with glee and it's amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
No musical guests on Comedy Bing Bong, please. Intimate crooning rarely pairs well with with goofy, bawdy improv.