Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

called it!

i knew your people's ways

I went out drinking 2 dollar pints of mixed drinks last night so we do have some benefits

Not to mention trench coats are always in season from the miserable weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

cold pizza is nasty. i scrape the cheese off of fresh pizza though so maybe i am not the biggest fan of pizza anyway?

also if you cut it into squares then EXCUSE ME but i think you are an idiot

i read this earlier and raged in private but it bears repeating PICK YOU loving MANIAC GET HELP

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I don't like pizza very much in general

ok

i cant be here

right now

i just cant
im too upset by all of this

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Espy posted:

I went out drinking 2 dollar pints of mixed drinks last night so we do have some benefits

I'm in Illinois (Indiana's sophisticated cousin :smug: ) and lordy you people got some poo poo weather coming your way. It's about to get cold as balls around here.

PS $2 drink specials tonight, gonna get haaaaaammered

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

I'm in Illinois (Indiana's sophisticated cousin :smug: ) and lordy you people got some poo poo weather coming your way. It's about to get cold as balls around here.

PS $2 drink specials tonight, gonna get haaaaaammered

If you aren't drinking half a pint of gin in your gin and tonic its not a real $2 drink special

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

I did get a pretty sweet-rear end trench coat when Bloomingdale's left the MoA

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I got mine from my mom that she got in the 1970s and forgot was in her closet, the funny part is its a petite so its intended to go closer to my feet but instead stops a bit above my boots. She's my size just a petite so whenever she throws me her cool vintage clothes I have to account that it might have shorter sleeves or be really leggy, but for a trench coat it worked out well. I think I posted a pic of it in the women's fashion thread sometime.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Pick posted:

I wandered into a store around Lakeview in Chicago several years ago, and stumbled on a kinda-trench coat that I've worn ever since. It's the best coat ever, plenty of room to layer a hoodie underneath, and I regularly get compliments on it which just mystifies me

but it pretty much is the best coat ever, the tag tells me it's by C Luce or something?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Espy posted:

If you aren't drinking half a pint of gin in your gin and tonic its not a real $2 drink special

gin & tonic? Okay gramma, enjoy your drink, I'll be over here having beer like a real woman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lambic is a baby's drink but it's loving delicious

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

gin & tonic? Okay gramma, enjoy your drink, I'll be over here having beer like a real woman

I mean I also had an Amaretto and Coke but I nearly passed out from the sugar.

And I drink cider, beers are typically poo poo to me unless a belgian wheat (which I enjoy just as much as cider) and I only drink it if nothing better is around.

Seriously I don't understand why people like IPAs

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Drink whiskey and grow a little hair on your boobs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Amaretto is terrible. If you own it, it better be for show, and there better be a sugar-encrusted ring around the top from years of neglect.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

Seriously I don't understand why people like IPAs

To show off how "sophisticated" their palettes are, that they like to drink things that taste horrible.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
My bf got a million year old scotch for his birthday this year and he wouldn't let me try it even though i loving bought it for him t:mad:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:coffee:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've been wearing a vintage leather aviator coat that makes me feel like Amelia Earhart, it's pretty sweet. I have a mildly sci-fi looking wool Michael Kors number I wear in the winter, I have to remember to take it to the dry cleaners before it gets too cold, though.

Trench coats look weird on me because I'm tall but with a short torso and belts always hit me in odd places

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Angela Christine posted:

What? So what the hell was Johnny Appleseed up to then? Just pranking natives and future settlers by planting horrible fruit all over the place?

Johnny Appleseed was a drunk. In the past, inedible apples were a great source of tasty cider. After Johnny Appleseed died, the Temperance movement demonized him and apples in general for this reason.

So a big part of why he was celebrated is because he helped communities produce their own cheap, homemade booze.

Fisticuffs fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 22, 2013

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

Drink whiskey and grow a little hair on your boobs

I already drink my whiskey straight on the rocks, thanks Indiana alcoholism

Pick posted:

Amaretto is terrible. If you own it, it better be for show, and there better be a sugar-encrusted ring around the top from years of neglect.

I agree with this, I don't know why I let my friend decide this drink for me, I went back to gin and tonic afterwards since I hate overly sweet drinks.

Crow Jane posted:

I've been wearing a vintage leather aviator coat that makes me feel like Amelia Earhart, it's pretty sweet. I have a mildly sci-fi looking wool Michael Kors number I wear in the winter, I have to remember to take it to the dry cleaners before it gets too cold, though.

Trench coats look weird on me because I'm tall but with a short torso and belts always hit me in odd places

The belts end up usually as a waist belt so it makes my tits look huge and my waist tiny despite being in a trench coat, which is always cool with me

Pick posted:

To show off how "sophisticated" their palettes are, that they like to drink things that taste horrible.

I remember people talking about how the Sierra Nevada Celebration edition was loving amazing then I realized it was an IPA and immediately stayed away. I mean hell IPAs were invented entirely off of letting beer ferment for too long while being shipped to India.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 22, 2013

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

My favorite coat is this really formal white one that can practically double as a dress. It makes me feel fancy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

I have too many coats, but my favorites are an Ellen Tracey sand-colored long coat with black and gray trim, one thin but long black Kors, one thicker woolen black Kors, and the one made out of a moose my grandfather shot :black101:.

e: my mom also bought me this short Dolce & Gabbana thing that makes me look like a gremlin

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I have too many coats, but my favorites are an Ellen Tracey sand-colored long coat with black and gray trim, one thin but long black Kors, one thicker woolen black Kors, and the one made out of a moose my grandfather shot :black101:.

I only have my trench coat and a peacoat because I decided to lose weight and dropped a size or two and now all my old coats don't fit anymore.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Can't really get better than a moose coat killed by your grandpa tbh

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE
Jul 9, 2010

Pick posted:

hrm, some tremendous internet a-hole already found and contacted my boss one time causing me to nearly have a mental breakdown so maybe there's no point in being cagey, but i still think i'm going to be cagey and say "biology"

someone did that to me too, people can be creepy as gently caress

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Donkay NOoo posted:

My favorite coat is this really formal white one that can practically double as a dress. It makes me feel fancy.

Do you have a picture? I'm looking for a new coat and that sounds awesome

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

Yeah that kinda beats anything ever.

JR ANTI SEX LEAGUE posted:

someone did that to me too, people can be creepy as gently caress

Welp this is why I'm now refraining from photos without covering my face.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

technically he shot the moose not the coat

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gin and tonic is great, lime wedge supremacy tho

the most wonderful coats in the world are woollen full-skirt coats and if you can find one in an op shop or vintage shop you should buy one and treasure it forever because nothing is more beautiful in the wintertime than a woman in a woolen full-skirted coat

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

ok

i cant be here

right now

i just cant
im too upset by all of this

it'll be ok
some people are just rotten in the soul is all
pizza is a food invented by gods and given unto humankind so that we may prosper

also i need a good coat ive got two warm ones but neither is very fashionable

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Fruity Gordo posted:

objectively the best breakfast in the world especially if hawaiian because then it counts as your morning fruit

Yep mine was a pineapple pizza!

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

I have a nice wool trench that I like, but I don't like wearing it every day so I need an alternate to pair it with. I have a leather coat that people are positive towards, but I really hate wearing leather so gently caress that. Now that I think of it I think I will donate it to Salvation Army or something this weekend.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I also have a coat purely for warmth I got at REI. It's not fashionable, but it will deal with the shittiest of winter days

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Fisticuffs posted:

I have a nice wool trench that I like, but I don't like wearing it every day so I need an alternate to pair it with. I have a leather coat that people are positive towards, but I really hate wearing leather so gently caress that. Now that I think of it I think I will donate it to Salvation Army or something this weekend.

Don't donate to Salvation Army please, they refuse to house gay homeless people and have even had statements going so far that we should kill all gay people.

Also Goodwill exploits handicapped workers by paying them below minimum wage while the execs make hundreds of thousands.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 22, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Fruity Gordo posted:

gin and tonic is great, lime wedge supremacy tho

the most wonderful coats in the world are woollen full-skirt coats and if you can find one in an op shop or vintage shop you should buy one and treasure it forever because nothing is more beautiful in the wintertime than a woman in a woolen full-skirted coat

I recently bought a beautiful black wool coat that comes down to my ankles from a thrift shop. I wasn't going to buy it, because I certainly don't need any more coats, but my friend insisted and I'm glad she did. It's like being wrapped on a particularly elegant cocoon

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fisticuffs posted:

oh yeah dont wear a wool coat every day if you live in fog town because the fabric can warp if you dont hang it properly when its wet and then it wont fit as beautifully!

if any of youse ever need tips on fabric care i am a nerd for this poo poo and used to work at a drycleaners as well. gently caress i love proper fabric care

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, donate any good clothes to neighborhood consignment shops, those are regular hardworking people who could use a break and often they're cheaper than goodwills nowadays

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

I recently bought a beautiful black wool coat that comes down to my ankles from a thrift shop. I wasn't going to buy it, because I certainly don't need any more coats, but my friend insisted and I'm glad she did. It's like being wrapped on a particularly elegant cocoon

oooooh

is the skirt of the coat really full like a poodle skirt, or is it kind of rectangular? the rectangular kind is a swing coat and also very excellent, congrats on your excellent coat

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah, donate any good clothes to neighborhood consignment shops, those are regular hardworking people who could use a break and often they're cheaper than goodwills nowadays

This I am behind, although its hard not to avoid Goodwill when I'm thrift buying since they always have the largest selection of clothes.

You're a pretty cool person Pick :thumbsup:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There's this one Polish (?) company that custom-makes gorgeous long wool coats and poo poo, I'd love one but I'd look like a ren faire :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Espy posted:

Don't donate to Salvation Army please, they refuse to house gay homeless people and have even had statements going so far that we should kill all gay people.

Also Goodwill exploits handicapped workers by paying them below minimum wage while the execs make hundreds of thousands.

Yeah, I was going to go with Salvation because I think Goodwill is pretty disgusting. I had heard that the CEO of Salvation Army at least isn't getting a half million dollar salary.

But I guess they suck too. I'll see if there is some local shop that accepts donations. Thanks for the tip.

Actually, if you're in Indy and you know of anywhere I don't even know where to begin to look so...

• Locked thread