Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Women's Rights? posted:

Do you have a picture? I'm looking for a new coat and that sounds awesome

http://i.imgur.com/xTUJYD0.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Illinois supremacy, I wear a coat that could double as a sleeping bag from October to March. gently caress being cold. Beer rules, gin and tonics are great too. WTF, just shove the pizza in your maw, who cares what temperature it is? As long as it's <3 days old, it's good. Fugi and honeycrisps are really tasty for eating apples, and turning apples into cider and pies is good too.

Ok, I think those are all my opinions, thread.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VanSandman posted:

What determines edibility in an apple anyway

Probably size, hardness, acidity and sweetness. A nice tart Granny Smith is a pretty good apple, but you wouldn't one much more sour than that. An apple that is tiny, rock hard, and sour would be pretty unpleasant to eat raw, and be a pain in the rear end to try to make into nasty sour apple pie. It would be okay for cider though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

that coat is so nice I will forgive your peep-toe shoes

that means it is an excellent coat

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

this coat is a good coat

you have good taste in coats

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Pick posted:

that coat is so nice I will forgive your peep-toe shoes

that means it is an excellent coat

yes i am so over peep toe, the picture is from a couple years ago v:shobon:v

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

this coat is a good coat

you have good taste in coats

thank you :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have creepy bony monkey toes so peeptoe was the worst. My toes would jam through a look like someone was trying to pass chicken legs through a funnel.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Schmeichy posted:

Illinois supremacy, I wear a coat that could double as a sleeping bag from October to March. gently caress being cold. Beer rules, gin and tonics are great too. WTF, just shove the pizza in your maw, who cares what temperature it is? As long as it's <3 days old, it's good. Fugi and honeycrisps are really tasty for eating apples, and turning apples into cider and pies is good too.

Ok, I think those are all my opinions, thread.

:hfive: Illinois buddy!

I have a silent space heater until my desk. Everyone else in the office is complaining how cold it is, and I need to turn mine off because how quickly it warms up my area. :smug:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I have one normal big toe and one dwarfy midget confused looking big toe

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

I have creepy bony monkey toes so peeptoe was the worst. My toes would jam through a look like someone was trying to pass chicken legs through a funnel.

My index toes are crazy crooked! they are practically L shaped

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my "index" toes are as long as my pinkie fingers :(

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

my "index" toes are as long as my pinkie fingers :(

Same here, I'd actually have a nice shoe size if my toes weren't abnormally long. Instead of being an 11 I'm a 12.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Fruity Gordo posted:

oooooh

is the skirt of the coat really full like a poodle skirt, or is it kind of rectangular? the rectangular kind is a swing coat and also very excellent, congrats on your excellent coat

Thanks! It's sort of body-skimming, with a slight flare to the skirt part. I believe it's all cashmere, and the label tells me it's the house brand from a defunct Jewish department store in Manhattan. Best twelve bucks i ever spent, just about

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

There's this one Polish (?) company that custom-makes gorgeous long wool coats and poo poo, I'd love one but I'd look like a ren faire :/

in twnety years if the planet is still here i will be making custom coats for fabulous ladies from wool i have harvested myself from my own merinos and alpacas

lol no i won't i'll still be a social worker because no one will ever retire at 45 again

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

in twnety years if the planet is still here i will be making custom coats for fabulous ladies from wool i have harvested myself from my own merinos and alpacas

lol no i won't i'll still be a social worker because no one will ever retire at 45 again

I support your alpaca plans

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Angela Christine posted:

Probably size, hardness, acidity and sweetness. A nice tart Granny Smith is a pretty good apple, but you wouldn't one much more sour than that. An apple that is tiny, rock hard, and sour would be pretty unpleasant to eat raw, and be a pain in the rear end to try to make into nasty sour apple pie. It would be okay for cider though.

chalkiness is the worst thing about any apple. i would eat a crisp apple made of molasses before i subjected myself to a chalky granny smith, and i am all for tartness

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Fruity Gordo posted:

chalkiness is the worst thing about any apple. i would eat a crisp apple made of molasses before i subjected myself to a chalky granny smith, and i am all for tartness

ugh there are few things more immediately disappointing than a mealy apple

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

this is why i dont understand pears

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

what about qiviut

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

I support your alpaca plans

right?! alpacas are loving great! look at these loving alpacas

THESE loving IDIOTS CAN BE MADE INTO CLOTHES AND SPIT ON THEM AT THE SAME TIME

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

There was a bunch of alpacas at Purdue for awhile in the vet school area and they are such majestic creatures

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

what about qiviut

im into it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I went to a musk ox farm as a kid

*privilege*

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Either way on girl date chat the girl texted me last night while I was hammered to tell me she had free time today between class, meaning unexpected time hanging out with a cute person.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Crow Jane posted:

Thanks! It's sort of body-skimming, with a slight flare to the skirt part. I believe it's all cashmere, and the label tells me it's the house brand from a defunct Jewish department store in Manhattan. Best twelve bucks i ever spent, just about

i am the maddest jelly that ever jellied

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Espy posted:

There was a bunch of alpacas at Purdue for awhile in the vet school area and they are such majestic creatures

majestic dorks maybe
i support dorky pets

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my dream is not to make knittery and clothery of animal fibers, but instead to translate myths into graphic novel format

instead I guess I'll have a real job though

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

my dream is not to make knittery and clothery of animal fibers, but instead to translate myths into graphic novel format

My dreams of doing graphic novels as a child died so now I play with big trains irl

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Espy posted:

My dreams of doing graphic novels as a child died so now I play with big trains irl

toot toot

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of trains when you live at Purdue's campus because our mascot is a loving train you hear goddamn train whistles all the time at 10 am on game day.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Pick posted:

you could always make tapestry-like scarves of old legends and mythology

I would wear the poo poo out of a scarf about Badb

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Espy posted:

Either way on girl date chat the girl texted me last night while I was hammered to tell me she had free time today between class, meaning unexpected time hanging out with a cute person.

NOICE

is there anything to report that we can approve/disapprove of

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Pick posted:

You should just crib for them and make "new" stories based on mythology like Shakespeare did which was real badass. Unless you like the visual culture of mythology which is pretty badass too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

my dreams of doing good graphic novels died so I do any fuckin thing

i mean i love animals, but jobs relating to animals either pay bad or pretty much ensure you're killing a lot of animals, directly or indirectly, messes with your head man

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

i know right

life is a series of disappointments, most of them involving me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i was told i was being prepped for govt. management

which is a good job

for money/stability

i guess

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

you could always make tapestry-like scarves of old legends and mythology

I would wear the poo poo out of a scarf about Badb

God I'd pay so much for something like that.

Also make a killing off nerds with that Skyrim tapestry

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Espy posted:

God I'd pay so much for something like that.

Also make a killing off nerds with that Skyrim tapestry

the hooded crow is a very sensibly dressed bird

nothing too garish and good use of monotone

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

the hooded crow is a very sensibly dressed bird

nothing too garish and good use of monotone

I like my birds to be as flamboyant as poo poo though, they're birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman