Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
tapestry takes forever on rough gross fabric, let alone fine embroidery on silk, so you'd be paying thousands if you didn't do it yourself or for swapsies with a pal. needle felting a motif onto a thick pashmina would work if you lined it afterwards. needle felting is silly easy, if little kids weren't a complete hazard near anything sharp it would be the art step-up from finger painting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I just want a Zelda tapestry so I can press a button and have one of the main themes play while I look at it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just don't feel like I'm the kind of person where going ~indie artist~ would be any less than the dumbest decision on the entire planet

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

That is one sexy coat. Send to me so I can wear it when I'm not a fatty fat fat

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

I just want a Zelda tapestry so I can press a button and have one of the main themes play while I look at it

so what you're saying is i shouldn't have just spent hours designing a $12,000 4x9' needlepoint rendition of the ocarina of time saga

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
wait i keep forgettin is van sandman vincent van goatse with the football av because i really hate vincent van goatse with the football av

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

wait i keep forgettin is van sandman vincent van goatse with the football av because i really hate vincent van goatse with the football av

nup, that's some other name now

emminou
May 25, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

nah he's all-pro sex man or something

let me enable your forums feud

emminou fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 22, 2013

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Donkay NOoo, that coat is gorgeous :)

Just watched An Adventure in Space and Time on iplayer, I think someone might be cutting up some onions near by.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have an "excellent mind for detail" (am a sperg, also this is not true because i do not care about other people's names unless that person is also a species in which case i will be able to name every variety of grass they eat in north america) so I assure you my mythology comics would be very accurate but also very boring, like the vulgate cycle which is the most tedious poo poo ever written and i read it in like two days because it was such fascinating tedious poo poo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

How dare you

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Well now I want another coat. I left my long thrifted trench in Indiana and I don't know where it ended up. I have a peacoat that I swim in right now, the only thing that fits normally is a brocade fit n flare coat meant to go over circle skirts. It's gorgeous but I feel silly throwing it over pajama pants and a hoodie to run to the pharmacy or whatever.

Duckie
Sep 12, 2010

This is sewious!

Fruity Gordo posted:

oh yeah dont wear a wool coat every day if you live in fog town because the fabric can warp if you dont hang it properly when its wet and then it wont fit as beautifully!

if any of youse ever need tips on fabric care i am a nerd for this poo poo and used to work at a drycleaners as well. gently caress i love proper fabric care
You would hate me, I don't even bother sorting my clothes in the washer(it doesn't seem to matter?). Only when there is bleach being used.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really really really want some armstreet clothes, they're dumb and weird but someone please buy them for me :cry:.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

rocketpig posted:

Donkay NOoo, that coat is gorgeous :)

it's this, this is what my new screen name is perfect for

(thank you)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

How dare you

omg i am so sorry. i am so, so sorry. it was the 'van' and bill bailey feminismz. i am so sorry i slandered you in this way. i can't be bothered, but if i could be bothered, i would needlepoint you an 'i'm sorry' square and make it your av :(

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

omg i am so sorry. i am so, so sorry. it was the 'van' and bill bailey feminismz. i am so sorry i slandered you in this way. i can't be bothered, but if i could be bothered, i would needlepoint you an 'i'm sorry' square and make it your av :(

Haha don't worry we cool

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Duckie posted:

You would hate me, I don't even bother sorting my clothes in the washer(it doesn't seem to matter?). Only when there is bleach being used.

you, on the other hand, i will murder

IT ALWAYS MATTEEERRRRRSSSSS

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Pick posted:

I really really really want some armstreet clothes, they're dumb and weird but someone please buy them for me :cry:.

is she cosplaying gandalf the grey

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fabulist posted:

It's gorgeous but I feel silly throwing it over pajama pants and a hoodie to run to the pharmacy or whatever.

the only silly thing about this is a world that makes someone feel silly about doing this

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 22, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rita Repulsa posted:

is she cosplaying gandalf the grey

gandalf the sexy

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

Haha don't worry we cool

:v::hf::j:

emminou
May 25, 2006

Pick posted:

gandalf the sexy

gandalf the heyyyyyyyyyy girl

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Fruity Gordo posted:

you, on the other hand, i will murder

IT ALWAYS MATTEEERRRRRSSSSS

i am always nervous about doing laundry because i am afraid someone who knows what they are doing will come in my house and see a mistake i made while cleaning my clothes and mock me endlessly for it

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Pick posted:

I want to live in a world where this is socially acceptable to wear casually

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i am always nervous about doing laundry because i am afraid someone who knows what they are doing will come in my house and see a mistake i made while cleaning my clothes and mock me endlessly for it

i am always nervous about doing laundry because the pile is so big it could at any time achieve sentience

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

that's not trash it's your clothes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
is it brand

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

yes it's your forever 21 pile

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

yes it's your forever 21 pile

NO GOD DAMMIT

I hate f21, everything falls apart, like tears in the rain only the other kind of tears

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
F21 clothes taunt you by looking great for several seconds and then collapsing into a mound of fibrous corruption

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i feel nervous giving blanket advice about doing laundry because fabric is WEIRD and so are dyes

basically the only blanket advice i can give is pay $4 to dryclean your blankets if you can afford it, handwash any dark jersey prints you own and dry flat even if the label says machine washable because the print WILL fade quick if you machine wash it, and anything that says 'dry clean only' which isn't suede or leather can be handwashed. dry all your handwashed poo poo flat on a towel after you roll it up in another towel and step on it for a while

also if you have workshirts and wash them yourself which you should, don't bother ironing them if you've left them in the dryer or taken them off the line and let them sit and get creased because bitch you will never get those creases out by ironing them. take a clean sock, wet it, wring it out, and put it in the dyer with three or four shirts, then after five minutes take em out and iron them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

i feel nervous giving blanket advice about doing laundry because fabric is WEIRD and so are dyes

basically the only blanket advice i can give is pay $4 to dryclean your blankets if you can afford it,

I was SO hoping for this pun when I read the first sentence and it loving paid off and I may have just peed myself a little

(laundry advice??)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

F21 clothes taunt you by looking great for several seconds and then collapsing into a mound of fibrous corruption

F21 is a god damned menace, save your loving money and at least go somewhere adequate like maurice's where the clothes may not be in supervogue, but they'll last you multiple uses

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

they're a pretty scummy company with a lot of legal shadiness too so p much avoid em forever

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

they're a pretty scummy company with a lot of legal shadiness too so p much avoid em forever

... 21

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

... 21

A shameful pun(?)

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I've never bought from f21 because I'm too old for that poo poo, but what kind of shady bidness do they get into so that I can warn off my former sister in law

(jk I will encourage her to shop there because gently caress her she deserves lovely clothes from an awful company)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

I was SO hoping for this pun when I read the first sentence and it loving paid off and I may have just peed myself a little

(laundry advice??)

YOU ARE SO WELCOME

pissing on dark stuff is fine. pissing on anything is fine, really, unless you piss on it a lot or if you have lots of blood in your wee. wee helps to set dyes, too! so, when you piss yourself, don't feel too bad. you haven't hurt your clothes, unless they're white silk. in which case, youre probably rich enough to buy another pair so who gives a poo poo

OH DONT WEAR INDIGO JEANS AND PISS YOUR PANTS because that will stain. soak your indigo jeans in salt water

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Women's Rights? posted:

I've never bought from f21 because I'm too old for that poo poo, but what kind of shady bidness do they get into so that I can warn off my former sister in law

(jk I will encourage her to shop there because gently caress her she deserves lovely clothes from an awful company)

tons of lawsuits over copyright infringement from other brands, they steal art for printed stuff, and when they get caught they don't care they'd rather pay the bucks for the suit rather than pay an artist/designer a licensing fee. and ofc they run sweat shops but that's no surprise.

they're p much the ebaumsworld of the clothing industry

• Locked thread