Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Pick posted:

I'm not huge on black friday because no high-end store really does it, so yeah cool if I want to save $.50 on pens it's a loving party and if not I think I will go to work or sleep or w/e

i find black friday too difficult to willingly participate in because every person working at the stores just looks so defeated

i used to work at a coffee shop and on black friday we would offer free food/coffee to any retail employees who came in because that is a bad day to work retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah, it's also mean

it usually means some poor sap had to come in at like 11 pm on thanksgiving

god drat

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I worked at the mall when I was younger and did one Black Friday at Suncoast Motion Pictures

ONE black friday

I quit shortly after that because I knew christmas was coming and the day after christmas is the day where everyone returns everything and gently caress you I'm not doing that poo poo twice

On the other hand the job was pretty fun because we had to sell so many stupid magazine subscriptions per month or get yelled at, and I figured out pretty early on that I could wear a low cut top and hang out in the anime section and hold the clipboard up to my boobs while talking to the greasy anime nerds and they'd sign up for magazines just about every time

POWER OF THE TITTIES

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

morcant posted:

:aaaaa: This was a very educational post, thank you

Anyone know the best way to clean memory foam pillows?

this i don't know, but i seriously doubt it would be much different to other foam or felted things. if you want to just wash it to get out dust handwash it. if you want to get out dust and head stank, dry clean it, because those chemicals kill everything. either way the thing will be getting wet.

if it's dry cleaned they'll need to leave it for at least two days to air out, but it's worth it not to have freaky reeky pillows. you wouldn't believe the kind of stuff brought into that place that left smelling like normal people

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 22, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dry cleaners are also the only good place to get sheepskin rugs cleaned, frankly.

My mom leaves them around the house because she likes to sleep on them like a cat and they get dusty and matted if you don't take them in at least occasionally.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Dry cleaners are also the only good place to get sheepskin rugs cleaned, frankly.

My mom leaves them around the house because she likes to sleep on them like a cat and they get dusty and matted if you don't take them in at least occasionally.

so your mom's a cat as well

pick your cover is getting blown, you're a cat irl

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
does SA ban furries-1?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Fruity Gordo posted:

ok like your coats sound rad BUT. TECHCHAT.

where are you getting residency? what kind of tech's your specialty, lighting? before i gave up on all of my dreams i did a shitload of black box and fringe theatre poo poo (mostly stage managing, writing and telling people how to act without being bad) and the feeling of ultimate power that came with being on cans and in control of the lights was just. loving. great. when i was directing my best mate was the light tech, second best was the sound tech

The FROZEN NORTH. BC, specifically. I started in telly operating a teleprompter (gently caress you autocorrect that brand looks stupid it's dumb capitals). I can do video switching and captioning, have a little camera op experience and in theatre my strength is lighting but i can also do sound, projections, etc. last few years I've worked at Victoria fringe doing single tech stuff. It's fun.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Afternoon :coffee:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

excuse me if you drink coffee this late in the day you will have trouble sleeping at night

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Do you guys (erm gals) have cool jobs that allow you to post online during the day? I need a job like that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gravitee posted:

Do you guys (erm gals) have cool jobs that allow you to post online during the day? I need a job like that.

there's basically no differentiation between my life and my job, so the tradeoff is posting from work but working at home and frankly more time spent in the work work than the post post

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Gravitee posted:

Yes I do. I'm the SharePoint admin here at work, and since there's two of us work comes in fits and spurts, so when I'm not working I get to gently caress around on the internet. Boss gives no shits so long as work is getting done in a timely fashion, and I ALWAYS do my poo poo in a timely fashion, with a smile and rockin customer service

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Gravitee posted:

it's called college. :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have meeting with my boss on Sundays sometimes, I can loving post about kittens at lunch :mad:

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

Women's Rights? posted:

I'm the SharePoint admin

You ever post in YOSPOS?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Gravitee posted:

nah, not too cool. it is 8;30 saturday morning and i am still not drunk enough to fall asleep. yesterday at work one of my clients tried to kill her are self and i had to hospital her, don't become social worker imo. you can post a lot in between sessions but the sessions themselves are often poo poo and sad and you have to work hard and be stoic, and you dont get paid very much

imo be born rich and adopt a fygm philosphy early

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

nah, not too cool. it is 8;30 saturday morning and i am still not drunk enough to fall asleep. yesterday at work one of my clients tried to kill her are self and i had to hospital her, don't become social worker imo. you can post a lot in between sessions but the sessions themselves are often poo poo and sad and you have to work hard and be stoic, and you dont get paid very much

so you have to deal with the worst of the worst of society daily :smith:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

compuserved posted:

You ever post in YOSPOS?

no i'm scared of the yos :ohdear:

But the cat thread is my favorite thread

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

:hf: literally the only thread I read in yospos, it's such a good thread :3:

\/\/ yeah me too :ohdear: \/\/

Portals fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 23, 2013

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Portals posted:

:hf: literally the only thread I read in yospos, it's such a good thread :3:

I'm really worried about Gizmo and I hope that her surgery goes okay today.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

amazing we don't pay people more for the work few people can do... I couldn't be a social worker

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Women's Rights? posted:

I love the cat thread but don't post in there much due to lack of cat. drat I need a little cute creature of my own.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 15, 2014

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

rocketpig posted:

I love the cat thread but don't post in there much due to lack of cat. drat I need a little cute creature of my own.

Now this is a cat thread too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

rocketpig posted:

my stupid rear end idiot retard cat just cost me a ton of money due to him being an idiot moron who hasn't learned not to eat things that aren't food no matter how many times i tell him

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
every thread devolves into a cat thread. dont make me post puppy pictures, because i will. i have access to dogs all the time i can take pictures

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
CAN WE POST OUR CATS!?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
By the way, I have a sewing machine that allows me to sew lines of cute little designs. I am contemplating blinging some of my cardigans with classy metallic thread in an ivy pattern. Anyone done this?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Gravitee posted:

When I'm in the lab waiting for something to mix or waiting for a machine to do its thing I pull my phone out

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I love leaf prints so you should try it. I wish I could sew... I can do simple alterations and repairs but that's about it.

Ugh, I got out of work late and am sitting on a cold bus stop, this sucks. By the time I get home I'm just gonna want to merge with the couch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

hello would you like a cup :coffee:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Donkay NOoo posted:

so you have to deal with the worst of the worst of society daily :smith:

agreed, i should find an alternative to postin :evil:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Gravitee posted:

I am an unionized office drone at a state university, I really don't know how much of the day anyone here spends actually working.

Primarily my job is to wait for people to come in so I can tell them they have the wrong office, or explain how our copiers work. I also have all general phone calls for the department coming to me so I'm part digital switch board operator too

But I do have two monitors :krad:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of winter formal stuff, sweater dresses own, also in the background my pile of new clothes from Twice:

Also I'd never wear that without leggings if I wore it anywhere because this is the plight of being a woman with long legs.

Gravitee posted:

I'm in college so I have long stupid free breaks. I'm sure when I'm working this will end because I like trains.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Gravitee posted:

Allow? Not quite, but I still do it. :smug:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Espy posted:

Speaking of winter formal stuff, sweater dresses own, also in the background my pile of new clothes from Twice:

Also I'd never wear that without leggings if I wore it anywhere because this is the plight of being a woman with long legs.

Finding jeans that don't make you look like you're waiting for a flood is also rather difficult. Having long legs is awesome though.

Also that dress looks awesome on you

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Finding jeans that don't make you look like you're waiting for a flood is also rather difficult. Having long legs is awesome though.

Also that dress looks awesome on you

Thanks, I'm pretty much the exact measurements of a size 12 model so clothes shopping is never really hard, its a serious blessing since I used to have to shop plus sized. Old Navy long pants work for me perfectly and they carry them in store. :)

I actually tried their talls and they completely engulfed my feet, haha.

Also I just realized I post way too much in this thread, I'm like in the top five poster counts here. :ohdear:

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Old Navy stuff just doesn't work on me, I don't get it. I know they use vanity sizes like crazy, but my body just isn't compatible with them at any size. It sucks, because cheap basics are difficult to come by.

I do appreciate that they even bother making long sizes though, not a lot of companies do that

• Locked thread