Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I was just popping into the thread to say my game went bananas and gave me a bunch of Lightning Round awards too. A Hood and a Captain America and some Iso, not too shabby.

edit: then I stuck the Iso into recruiting, got a Classic Storm (wrong colour unfortunately), and a loving Spider-Man! :getin:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Whoa what the hell is going on with the random rewards?

I apparently placed top 10 and top 100 in a one star weekend tourney and got a bunch of ISO, 2 cap reds and a cap blue, 100 HP and 2 heroic tokens.

I guess everyone load the game up and get your manna from the heavens!

Or not :(

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Game won't let nee post the main menu with wolverine, Spiderman, and iron man.

E: clearing my ram fixed it, logged in, got nothing

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 22, 2013

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Yo just posting to say I didn't get any free rewards and I'm steamed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I didn't get any free stuff either. Oh well.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
New tourneys:

* Avengers Only Weekend, brackets of 500, ranked rewards are IM40 and Hawkguy Modern, the usual progression rewards
* 1-Stars Only, brackets of 200, ranked rewards are Cap and Venom, smaller progression rewards

No buffs in either.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I got a rock.

(seriously, I got nothing, you guys are assholes)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

delfin posted:

New tourneys:

* Avengers Only Weekend, brackets of 500, ranked rewards are IM40 and Hawkguy Modern, the usual progression rewards
* 1-Stars Only, brackets of 200, ranked rewards are Cap and Venom, smaller progression rewards

No buffs in either.

Avengers has a green wolverine at 800. I am definitely trying for that, I only have a 2/2/3 Wolverine.

For the one star tournament I have a level 40 Venom, and a level 21 Iron Man. I have other, high skill characters that haven't been levelled at all.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I need shitloads of ISO, because I'm under leveled for my bracket. Everybody is ~30

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
One of the new arenas has a red thor, which is the last thing my thor needs to be 5/4/4. So I get to about 120 points, and spend one of the standard token rewards, and get... a red thor. Well that was easy! Before that was a red magneto now. The standard tokens have been nice to me.

Turn one mjnolir's might :unsmith:

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 22, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My staggering pile of Classic Hawkeyes refuses to believe you can get good stuff from the standard tokens

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I am loving this one star tournament so far, too bad the prizes are so bad.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I really should have waited one more day to sell off and respec my modern Storm. :saddowns:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Heroic Avengers is almost tempting for the 300 coins for a Cap, Wolvie or Spiderman but I know I'd just get all captain americas :(

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

WetSpink posted:

Heroic Avengers is almost tempting for the 300 coins for a Cap, Wolvie or Spiderman but I know I'd just get all captain americas :(
I think it contains all Avengers who are two stars or higher.

So there are also chances for:
Iron Man mk 40
Grey Suit Black Widow
Hawkguy
Thor

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Nobody in my bracket is even placed yet for either tournament. I'm kinda scared to become the crab that everybody drags down.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Nobody in my bracket is even placed yet for either tournament. I'm kinda scared to become the crab that everybody drags down.
Have you not started a fight yet? You aren't put into a bracket until you complete a fight.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Does anyone have tips for getting through story mode? Am I supposed to just grind the poo poo out of these levels indefinately? Each level goes toward impossible with every step.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
/\ A lot of missions ranked impossible are doable if you've got a decent Ironman. If you have a CStorm with her yellow ability, you could fill your third team member slot with some level 1 dingus to sacrifice at the right time and trigger her ability to clear rounds. If you fight those hammer commanders or whatever the ones are called that use that yellow tile heal, I try and focus them down first or else all my damage gets nullified. Basically you want to dump a shitload of ISO into one character maybe two so they can carry you through the missions and become a keystone to your team, do not level evenly. If you're short on ISO, clear out the rewards for them in your easier missions and then fight in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training pvp arena. The progression rewards come at a more rapid pace than the featured tournaments (but don't ignore those either if you can contend with them).

That green wolverine cover and potentially blue Spidey at 1100, if everyone plays enough that we get there, are the best parts of this weekend.

I'm at 2/5/2 for wolverine with 655 HP banked. I think I'm going to try and snag the green progression cover as well as sink two 500 HP trainings (when I can afford it) to finally max his feral claws and be one of those strike tile cool guys. I'm just worried as soon as I blow 1k HP I'll be up to my eyeballs in wolverine covers from free tokens and poo poo.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 22, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

Does anyone have tips for getting through story mode? Am I supposed to just grind the poo poo out of these levels indefinately? Each level goes toward impossible with every step.

What's your team and where are you at? You can get through most impossible fight with the right team and using bonuses (you can buy more for 100-200 iso if you run out).

Iron man model 35 5/5/3
Black widow 5/5
Modern storm 5/3/5

Should be able to handle almost all fights. And be sure to play the tournaments. Sure they are full of high level 2* heroes, but just a few wins get you some decent iso until you can start getting more covers.

Edit: oh hey I'm one of those cool guys that is getting free arena rewards..... Yelena purple and hawkeye red :v:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 22, 2013

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
The system just glitched again and gave me two Cap Covers (mine is already maxed), some ISO, and 300 coins.

It's good to be the king!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The game is going bananas. I'm getting tons of random rewards and coins everywhere from doing nothing!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got a Hawkeye Classic, a Moonstone Purple, ISO and some Hero Points.

For "the Arena."

Not that I'm complaining but WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

if someone out there is listening I could use some Magneto Classic blues kthx

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The reward script is going bonkers or something.

IceIX on the forums noticed it, so it's getting passed up the chain. maybe!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 22, 2013

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Woo, a bit of ISO...for placing in the tournament that hasn't finished yet? I'll take it!

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Well, I just got my flood of random unexpected rewards.
They were all Yelenas. loving three of them.

Edit: Not that I'm one to look a gift 300 ISO in the mouth.

Second Edit: Holy crap, second wave. Red Cap, 100 HP and some ISO
Hope they don't fix this too soon...

Kravdraa fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 23, 2013

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Deathwing posted:

Woo, a bit of ISO...for placing in the tournament that hasn't finished yet? I'll take it!

I just got 2 moonstone covers a hawkeye, a yelena, 2 iron mans, and about 1500 iso. WTF is happening?! I love it

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:

Starrett posted:

I just got 2 moonstone covers a hawkeye, a yelena, 2 iron mans, and about 1500 iso. WTF is happening?! I love it

I got all the same stuff minus 1 Moonstone. Heck yeah son!

Booted up the game and got a few things. Closed out and re-opened and didn't get anything. Ten minutes later I try again and get iso and Yelena. Haven't been able to get anything since.

BUT I MUST KEEP TRYING.
:emo:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hehehe I'm already at 400 point for the avengers tournament. Level 85 or, 81 wolverine, 48 grey widow. It like lamps to slaughter up in here. My grey widow purple might as well say make 8 green ap for me. But use a feral claw or 2 before and bam. Grey widow makes deals 1000 damage in tiles happen. Then 2 feral claws for another 1000 damage. And I usually have 12 red ap for another 3000 damage. And finish with off with Thor yellow for another 3000.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the rain of goodies is over. :v:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Just got a bundle of rewards and then not long after "Update Downloading" so I think that might signal the end of the bonkers zone :(

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Opened the game back up... nothing. I'm assuming these random rewards are from an arena from before I started playing and it's resending rewards.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just got a SECOND batch of random rewards! Two lovely Yelenas but some more coins and ISO.

I love seeing Rewards Available: 8.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I guess that update was to fix the cascade of presents. :v: Got quite a bit from that, nice little bonus. Some were even from the Tournaments that just started, and I think at least one was from the Thornament. When this game bugs out it is fantastic.

New tournaments look interesting. Will probably stick more to the Avengers one because my only really good One Star is Iron Man and I want him for the Avengers Tournament.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Those random rewards sound an awful lot like the daily rewards.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

McDragon posted:

I guess that update was to fix the cascade of presents. :v: Got quite a bit from that, nice little bonus. Some were even from the Tournaments that just started, and I think at least one was from the Thornament. When this game bugs out it is fantastic.

New tournaments look interesting. Will probably stick more to the Avengers one because my only really good One Star is Iron Man and I want him for the Avengers Tournament.

I wish I got one for the current tournament I'm #1 in my bracket.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Those random rewards sound an awful lot like the daily rewards.

Except it said "for your placement in the arena " instead of the heroic token I got today and a list of days.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Except it said "for your placement in the arena " instead of the heroic token I got today and a list of days.

oh, so you've been doing various arena contests?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shwqa posted:

I wish I got one for the current tournament I'm #1 in my bracket.

Oh, I was at the time as well. Just gave a bunch of random prizes I think. Thor one was certainly random otherwise I'd have an extra X Force Wolverine as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Looks like they added new boosts, new says 17 of 20