Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Old Navy stuff just doesn't work on me, I don't get it. I know they use vanity sizes like crazy, but my body just isn't compatible with them at any size. It sucks, because cheap basics are difficult to come by.

I do appreciate that they even bother making long sizes though, not a lot of companies do that

That's surprising since Old Navy makes four pant lengths and has like five different cuts, it's my go to store for any woman that needs essentials. I mean they aren't that butt friendly since I have some butt but the pants are still great and fit well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Old... Navy... bad... for... butts...

Ok got that.

SO WHAT IS EVERYONE HAVING FOR DINNER.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

VanSandman posted:

i am having leftover apple pie and whiskey

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

VanSandman posted:

Ok got that.

Red curry chicken stir-fry /w jasmine rice

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I'm thinking about frying some catfish nuggets. I should eat something healthier. I might order pizza. There is a chance I will pick up some pork and make a nice pasta sauce, but I don't know. I am in a bit of a funk and junk food that will only make me feel worse has a powerful allure for me right now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Espy posted:

That's surprising since Old Navy makes four pant lengths and has like five different cuts, it's my go to store for any woman that needs essentials. I mean they aren't that butt friendly since I have some butt but the pants are still great and fit well.

Granted, I haven't been there in a while, but my problem was more that everything there seemed to be cut for curvier women than I. I'm hardly a stick, but I don't have much in the way of hips or butt, and their stuff just ends up sagging on me. I stick to Calvin Klein and Madewell for jeans, mostly, and wear skirts or dresses the rest of the time.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I always have to shop at teenager stores for pants because my legs are short and I'm just pretty petite in general. I had to get my engagement ring sized down today from a 4.5 to a 4.

When I became an adult, I could finally wear the rings I got from the dentist as a child.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I envy all you long legged ladies. I've got a long torso but stumpy thick legs and bunions so I can't even wear heels without intense pain and ruining the dainty little shoes that are designed for dainty little narrow feet.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

VanSandman posted:

Ok got that.

Five Guys. It's gonna be great.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Ok got that.

Either mac n cheese or homemade pizza. Someone tell me which before I have to flip a coin.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shithouse Dave posted:

Either mac n cheese or homemade pizza. Someone tell me which before I have to flip a coin.

I am having homemade pizza so should you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://supercook.com/

emminou
May 25, 2006

VanSandman posted:

Ok got that.

i grilled some haloumi for lunch, it was an excellent decision

now i'm going to enjoy the sunshine, wrap it up northernhemisphailures

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Veggie dog and some fries. Also Pepsi Max with Oakheart.

Also, Old Navy doesn't work for me either. :( First, I like baggier pants, and second I have a large butt despite not being overweight, so there's always that huge gap at the back of every single drat pair of pants I buy.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

emminou posted:

i grilled some haloumi for lunch, it was an excellent decision

now i'm going to enjoy the sunshine, wrap it up northernhemisphailures

Whereabouts in NZ are you, just so I can properly visualise your sunshine and get hella jealous. Even though it doesn't get proper warm there til mid-January. We had ice this morning.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Nessa posted:

I always have to shop at teenager stores for pants because my legs are short and I'm just pretty petite in general. I had to get my engagement ring sized down today from a 4.5 to a 4.

When I became an adult, I could finally wear the rings I got from the dentist as a child.

Same, I can easily fit into age 14 cloths coz I'm skinny and a short ares. It mean I was able to get some awesome dog print leggings from asda though :3:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Shithouse Dave posted:

Mac n cheese on top of pizza

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I'm gonna have leftover chicken and broccoli because I'm an exciting person

Women's Rights? posted:

CAN WE POST OUR CATS!?

:lol: that posture

emminou
May 25, 2006

Shithouse Dave posted:

Whereabouts in NZ are you, just so I can properly visualise your sunshine and get hella jealous. Even though it doesn't get proper warm there til mid-January. We had ice this morning.

wellington, so i'm like double thrilled about this sunshine because when is it ever good weather in wellington

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
I'm not eating anything for dinner bc I'm tryin 2 find a husband

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

emminou posted:

wellington, so i'm like double thrilled about this sunshine because when is it ever good weather in wellington

There's that two weeks in Spring where it's gorgeous, then back to horizontal rain til February. :3: I lived in welly for 10 years. Sometimes I miss it. Still listen to Radio Active most days too.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

you rock posted:

I'm not eating anything for dinner bc I'm tryin 2 find a husband

that reminds me, who wants to see some MRA horseshit (tw for eating disorders & such)

http://www.returnofkings.com/21313/5-reasons-to-date-a-girl-with-an-eating-disorder

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

So, Nick Cave is coming to town next July, and I want very much to see him. The show is pretty likely to sell out, and money's a little tight with the holidays coming up. I need to think of a way to convince my boyfriend (who is neutral towards/jealous of Nick Cave) to buy me the rather expensive tickets for my upcoming birthday, even though we don't really do expensive gifts for each other. We also don't have the type of relationship where we bribe each other for gifts or favors, but drat it, I really want to see this show.

Also, since I was at work during cat chat, here are my two idiots:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Portals posted:

that reminds me, who wants to see some MRA horseshit (tw for eating disorders & such)

http://www.returnofkings.com/21313/5-reasons-to-date-a-girl-with-an-eating-disorder

Jesus Christ that's a disgusting article.

Anyway, I'm having brussels sprouts and turkey burger.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

So, Nick Cave is coming to town next July, and I want very much to see him. The show is pretty likely to sell out, and money's a little tight with the holidays coming up. I need to think of a way to convince my boyfriend (who is neutral towards/jealous of Nick Cave) to buy me the rather expensive tickets for my upcoming birthday, even though we don't really do expensive gifts for each other. We also don't have the type of relationship where we bribe each other for gifts or favors, but drat it, I really want to see this show.

Also, since I was at work during cat chat, here are my two idiots:

butt2butt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Espy posted:

Speaking of winter formal stuff, sweater dresses own, also in the background my pile of new clothes from Twice:

How can that be a twelve?!

I don't get sizing at all. :saddowns:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I don't have any cats but here is my dog after getting her all dolled up.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Portals posted:

I shouldn't have read that coz now I'm really angry. It's poo poo like this that contributes to people not taking mental health issues seriously.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

my cat looked like rear end the other day since he just got back from Expensive Veterinarian Adventure

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, that article is utterly disgusting. It's pretty comforting to know that no woman, no matter how messed up, would ever actually go out with those guys anyway. Attraction always plays a part, and I've never seen a MRA who wasn't absolutely disgusting physically.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's an article I intend not to read!

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
The existence of the 'manosphere' is a good thing bc it tells me what men to never associate with in one step

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Portals posted:

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/cockblocked-by-redistribution
I want to visit Denmark now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Any MRA who thinks he knows anything about eating disorders is an idiot and a liar, since eating disorders require what MRAs least understand: commitment.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Most :wtc: MRA/PUA thing I can recall are these boring candid photos of Mark Zuckerburg at a party being ripped to shreds over his "beta posture" and his girlfriend being asian and how this obviously makes him a failure at life despite being the youngest billionaire in the world.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Any MRA who thinks he knows anything about eating disorders is an idiot and a liar, since eating disorders require what MRAs least understand: commitment.
I mean part of it is also a forcefully compulsed obsession that makes you feel out of control of your own body (from someone who has suffered an eating disorder) and they certainly have the obsession part down.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Have any of you actually met an MRA in real life? I may just be extremely lucky, but I don't think I've ever encountered them outside of mock threads

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Have any of you actually met an MRA in real life? I may just be extremely lucky, but I don't think I've ever encountered them outside of mock threads

I mean I dated the lesbian MRA-esque lady but she was less an MRA in title and more an MRA in action. Usually I just avoid people with fedoras and hang out with fellow queers and women.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

A friend's roommate, but we didn't stick around the apartment to see much of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

VanSandman posted:

Ok got that.

vegetable beef soup, really good for our first true day of cold-rear end weather

• Locked thread