Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NTRabbit posted:

I just found out this is coming to KickStarter in December

http://www.heroquestclassic.com/

I really don't know what to think. It was my first proper board game, but if the re-release is just the same game, why would I want it when I still have the original right next to me this very second?

Zero setup and takedown time, faster gameplay, and you can enjoy yourself even when you haven't found someone to play with you. I used to have HeroQuest for my C64, and Space Crusade, and enjoyed both immensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rivet Wars did an unboxing of the very first production set. They say the backers should get their copies well before Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbicXij-VY

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Somehow, I missed the fact that a friend of mine, Denise Jones, is doing the artwork for Tianxia. I mean, I backed, but I didn't read too close into everyone who was involved. Probably would've backed for more if I'd known.

Had her do this for me a while back. Can't wait to see her work in the rulebook.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Cheap magnetized terrain ho

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/po-boys-terrain

Always on the lookout for more poo poo like this being the Malifaux fan that I am

Germ
May 7, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Rivet Wars did an unboxing of the very first production set. They say the backers should get their copies well before Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbicXij-VY

I'm in for one of everything of this, and am really looking forward to it. Ted Terranova's (the game creator) communication has been clear and open throughout the kickstarter. There have been several times backers have brought up issues that have influenced the game. Most recently, they're looking at another couple week delay because of concerns that the punch may not have cut through the counters completely. As an apology, backers are getting another 3 character models. This has been the model of communication and professionalism to which I hope C'MON continues to aspire.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

MisterShine posted:

Cheap magnetized terrain ho

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/po-boys-terrain

Always on the lookout for more poo poo like this being the Malifaux fan that I am

Note that this is Flexible Funding, which is always scummy, but especially here, where they make it sound like there is really no way they can produce their product if they don't hit their goal.

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Lords of War: Templars versus Undead

There's a gameplay video at the very bottom of the page. Has anyone tried it?

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Call of Catthulhu is working on stretch goals now, and it is near to hitting the $20k one. Each $1000 on this part of the goals is a new setting. Here's a bite size description of them.

18,000 -> Mark Diaz Truman writes Gatos de Los Muertos, which is cats in 1890s Mexican bordertowns
19,000 -> Ryan Schoon does The Great Catsby, set during the Roaring Twenties
20,000 -> Tracy Barnett brings his Iron Edda setting to Catthulhu
21,000 -> Benjamin Woerner tries to decipher the Catthulhu Code (conspiracies, DaVinci Code, etc.)
22,000 -> Brie Sheldon tinkers with Gaslamp & Gearbox (steampunk/Victorian England)
23,000 -> Shoshanna Kessock does Capes of Catthulhu (supers)
24,000 -> Vickey Beaver does Swords of Catthulhu (swords & sorcery/fantasy)
25,000 -> Eloy Lasanta does Galaxy Warriors of Catthulhu (space opera)

And if all setting goals are met, a bonus setting will be added, yet unrevealed. 12 days or so left to hit another $5000 and change. Seems doable with the rate the project has been running, but the question is whether it has yet to tap its entire potential audience.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Gasperkun posted:

Call of Catthulhu is working on stretch goals now, and it is near to hitting the $20k one. Each $1000 on this part of the goals is a new setting. Here's a bite size description of them.

18,000 -> Mark Diaz Truman writes Gatos de Los Muertos, which is cats in 1890s Mexican bordertowns
19,000 -> Ryan Schoon does The Great Catsby, set during the Roaring Twenties
20,000 -> Tracy Barnett brings his Iron Edda setting to Catthulhu
21,000 -> Benjamin Woerner tries to decipher the Catthulhu Code (conspiracies, DaVinci Code, etc.)
22,000 -> Brie Sheldon tinkers with Gaslamp & Gearbox (steampunk/Victorian England)
23,000 -> Shoshanna Kessock does Capes of Catthulhu (supers)
24,000 -> Vickey Beaver does Swords of Catthulhu (swords & sorcery/fantasy)
25,000 -> Eloy Lasanta does Galaxy Warriors of Catthulhu (space opera)

And if all setting goals are met, a bonus setting will be added, yet unrevealed. 12 days or so left to hit another $5000 and change. Seems doable with the rate the project has been running, but the question is whether it has yet to tap its entire potential audience.

Huh, it turns out I really did want this more than I wanted Shadows of Brimstone. Where one pledge is cancelled, another as taken its place.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Also, Call of Catthulhu announced the details today for a boxed set, which includes cat-themed dice, the book itself, cat figures/minis, and cat treat tokens. It looks to be shaping up toward a really interesting project. Looks like it just surpassed $21,000 with the boxed set announcement and people increasing their pledges.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I just threw in on the $30 BOOK/PDF/DICE $20 book level of catthulhu :3:.

VVVVV For $5 more on my first pledge I am getting the box set! Thanks!

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 21, 2013

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
If you go for the $20 level and add $15 ($35 plus any shipping) you can get the boxed set instead, which includes the three dice from the $30 level dice as well as tokens, character sheets, miniatures, and some kind of bonus.

Teh Madd Hatter
May 26, 2008
So Journey: Wrath of Demons has just a couple of days left before it finishes. What's the goon opinion on it? Is there enough game behind it or is it just another shell with some pretty well done minis?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

InShaneee posted:

Note that this is Flexible Funding, which is always scummy, but especially here, where they make it sound like there is really no way they can produce their product if they don't hit their goal.

FAQ at the bottom says he's already got the materials for the initial waves, looks like he's just looking for exposure and break-even money.

Its a lot of terrain for 35/100, and goddamn my tiny place could use some terrain that stores flat like this http://youtu.be/aVTl9G0ZXwc?t=45s

[MOD EDIT: WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 22, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ow, my tables!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Just got a heads up from the CoC KS that someone is doing a Cthulhu playing cards and tarot deck KS. $12 gets you the playing cards, $35 gets you the Tarot deck. I'm not a big playing card guy, but I'll be damned if that Cthulhu "Death" Tarot card doesn't looks completely badass.

Per the CoC update:

quote:

P.S. Shane says that if you pledge for his kickstarter and send him a message, he will give you a free D6 as a thanks!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

Just got a heads up from the CoC KS that someone is doing a Cthulhu playing cards and tarot deck KS. $12 gets you the playing cards, $35 gets you the Tarot deck. I'm not a big playing card guy, but I'll be damned if that Cthulhu "Death" Tarot card doesn't looks completely badass.

Per the CoC update:

... goddamn I am so in for a tarot deck. I'm a sucker for cool tarot decks.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

MisterShine posted:

FAQ at the bottom says he's already got the materials for the initial waves, looks like he's just looking for exposure and break-even money.

[GIANT loving IMAGE 1]

[GIANT loving IMAGE 2]

Its a lot of terrain for 35/100, and goddamn my tiny place could use some terrain that stores flat like this http://youtu.be/aVTl9G0ZXwc?t=45s
Could you post a couple slightly bigger images? I'd like to be able to see a little more detail on the wood grain of each individual board.

EDIT: Good point. Images edited out and replaced with text links only.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 22, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yes, quoting them so they appear twice on the page will certainly help.

Trevellian
Apr 27, 2007

Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Paul & Storm are kickstarting their new album Ball Pit - whilst the main goal isn't directly RPG related, it's already hitting stretch goals for RPG songlets and nearing an RPG soundboard app.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Level 99 Games' (of BattleCON fame) new game Kickstarter, Argent: The Consortium is now live. $50 for the game, which looks like some sort of worker placement game where the workers affect their placement differently. They're usually good about throwing out a rulebook, so maybe at some point they will actually do that, but it also looks like one of those games that you won't really appreciate/disdain until you actually play it.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Hi guys, many of you do not seem to be aware of this, but if you post your colossal goddamned images inline, you can do so with [timg] so they don't destroy the loving thread. Thanks in advance!

Hugs and kisses,
Winnie

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Word around is that the Kickstarter for the 25th anniversary edition of HeroQuest is going up tomorrow at noon EST, so if anyone's interested, keep a look out. No early bird or limited tiers so that's a relief.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I know I was being pretty hard on Shadows of Brimstone and Flying Frog earlier in the thread, but I'm beginning to come around to the thought that it's going to be a ton of miniatures that I'm sure I could use for Deadlands even if the game isn't that great. God I have such weak willpower

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Got my shipping notice from Happy Seppuku. Probably won't get a chance to use them until after Thanksgiving, though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I know I was being pretty hard on Shadows of Brimstone and Flying Frog earlier in the thread, but I'm beginning to come around to the thought that it's going to be a ton of miniatures that I'm sure I could use for Deadlands even if the game isn't that great. God I have such weak willpower

Yeah, especially now that the mine cart levels above $400 get a bonus allowance to buy additional addons.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there any guarantee that GW isn't going to slap down HeroQuest? I mean, how is this happening, through FFG or something?

E: I found their site but of course it's in Spanish.

moths fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 22, 2013

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

moths posted:

Is there any guarantee that GW isn't going to slap down HeroQuest? I mean, how is this happening, through FFG or something?
No, it's some weird Spanish copyright law shenanigans, from what I read previously. And it was Milton Bradley, not GW, so I don't GW would be in any position to do anything about this game. Hasbro would have to step up and do the smackdown at this point, assuming the guy doesn't have a legit claim to the license.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Can you even do a ks from Spain? If their rights are purely to sell in Spain but the ks is set up for us dollars or something that seems like immediate grounds for lawsuit.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I guess we'll find out. I think this could be the first test of how well NOT A STORE holds up in court.

I hope the Europe-only expansions show up as stretch goals, since this is probably the only way to most Americans would ever get to play them.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

moths posted:

I guess we'll find out. I think this could be the first test of how well NOT A STORE holds up in court.

I hope the Europe-only expansions show up as stretch goals, since this is probably the only way to most Americans would ever get to play them.

Goddamnit why is this not a thing yet.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, especially now that the mine cart levels above $400 get a bonus allowance to buy additional addons.
Yeah, but it really isn't a bonus - you're paying for that allowance by virtue of you being late to pledge. While the models look pretty cool, I really don't see the value of the Minecart level if you're coming into it just for the minis. Granted, the savings over "retail" is significant, but you're still only getting around 40 non-monster minis (I'm not counting the fact that you're getting double the core heroes) to use in Deadlands or GutShot, or whatever. Paying almost $500 for that seems like a bad deal.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

So as a Spaniard who's reading about the heroquest 25th anniversary kickstarter stuff I have to say it looks great but I'm wary.
First of all they come off as fanboys rather than business people. Second, the very first image they posted in another language (English this time) has gramatical errors. Big ones.

I wouldn't put money on something of this magnitude as of now. I hope their kickstarter comes up and I'm completely wrong cause I think its gonna have terrible english and bomb.

The illustrations are great though.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teh Madd Hatter posted:

So Journey: Wrath of Demons has just a couple of days left before it finishes. What's the goon opinion on it? Is there enough game behind it or is it just another shell with some pretty well done minis?

It is in the final stretch, and the models are the big selling point so far.
They have the basic rules up for attacking, moving, bad guys, etc. My best description of it is Super Dungeon Explore (color dice, a card based item system [loot vs skills], vastly different character) and Zombicide (mission based, co-op, card flips for spawning, basic AI for the bad guys). The guys currently don't have a website, but they will be posting extra missions on it when the kickstarter is over and they set it up; if it's anything like Zombicide it will add a TON to the overall game. They seem very committed to making the rulebook and character cards as easy to understand as possible.

Granted we haven't seen an entire game with all the rules in place. The "spin for good vs bad items" and karma mechanics might be a bit clunky, and while they are offering different options to make the game easier/harder (namely treasure card and enemy flips) we don't have a lot of information how what the balance is like at all.

I recommend it mostly because I want the next expansion! It's going for the "sexy spider woman", but it's thematically appropriate based on Journey to the West.
You can bid low (~100 entry free for max free crap) and add more after the KS ends.

EDIT: You can find the rule videos here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSwLY44tioomY_cHQP-BHA

LordAba fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 22, 2013

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's also a Zombicide-esque all or nothing damage system which works fine in Zombicide because damage values in Zombicide are fixed, so you've either got a weapon that can take that kind of zombie out or you don't. But Journey has higher values to start with and you have to roll to see if you generate enough, which seems like a recipe for frustration, -especially- in combination with the karma system where you either get penalized for a straight kill or have to roll more dice and risk the demon getting right back up unhurt to get good karma.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

malkav11 posted:

There's also a Zombicide-esque all or nothing damage system which works fine in Zombicide because damage values in Zombicide are fixed, so you've either got a weapon that can take that kind of zombie out or you don't. But Journey has higher values to start with and you have to roll to see if you generate enough, which seems like a recipe for frustration, -especially- in combination with the karma system where you either get penalized for a straight kill or have to roll more dice and risk the demon getting right back up unhurt to get good karma.

Note that these are for the basic demon types. Most of the bigger things have actual hit points.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, but it really isn't a bonus - you're paying for that allowance by virtue of you being late to pledge. While the models look pretty cool, I really don't see the value of the Minecart level if you're coming into it just for the minis. Granted, the savings over "retail" is significant, but you're still only getting around 40 non-monster minis (I'm not counting the fact that you're getting double the core heroes) to use in Deadlands or GutShot, or whatever. Paying almost $500 for that seems like a bad deal.

I'm in for $150 at the Outlaw level, but will probably spring for a handful of addons that I think would be fun to paint. I guess my faith in Flying Frog is still strong despite a few stinkers along the way.

But yeah, theres no way I'm dropping $500 on anything game related on kickstarter.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my Eldritch Dice today, they look good but the glow ink is kind of weak.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Got my OGRE today. The FedEx Office I had them hold it at turned out to have its package storage mostly full of copies of OGRE, which blew my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

I got my Eldritch Dice today, they look good but the glow ink is kind of weak.

If you charge them under a fluorescent bulb, the effect is much stronger. Did you get eight green ones and four grey? I was expecting three sets of four but the green ones are hard to tell apart.

• Locked thread