Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pick posted:

I think of them as mostly annoyingly twee, but not "I feel bad for how bad you are at dressing yourself" like one of those little loving pretend tiny askew tophats

I think it depends on who's wearing 'em: a fiteen year-old is cute, if you're 25, you're a closet furry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
honestly I'm pretty easy-going on what other people choose to wear, especially women, especially if they're going "gently caress you, society that says I can't wear cargo shorts!" even if cargo shorts are bad

but what makes me place corsets in the fedora camp is 1) they look like rear end and 2) they're associated with internet subculture and all that entails. like, a cat hoodie tells me you have taste like a middle-schooler, a corset means you probably want to tell me about WoW or Homestuck

*exception for dressing up skanky for sex times, then Frederick's of Hollywood away

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

a dog collar means you're going to tell me about your furry boyfriend and your self-diagnosed bipolar within two minutes of talking to you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Portals posted:

a dog collar means you're going to tell me about your furry boyfriend and your self-diagnosed BPD within two minutes of talking to you

I did once politely chat with a friend of a friend who wore such a collar and told me literally within five minutes that she's soooo into BDSM

(for guys reading: this was not a traditionally attractive woman, not one bit, so put your boners away)

I do not morally object to how much B to the D to the SM you do, but I don't loving care! I don't care at all!!! not unless I am loving you at exactly this second!!! why do you feel the need to tell me about it? you're not getting a reaction from me so go try to flip a nun or something

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I did some design work for a burlesque troupe, and can tell you first hand that people who wear corsets and fascinators are mostly insufferable. The ladies in the troupe weren't that bad, but good god, the people who came to their gigs were embarrassing.

Girls who wear dog collars always, always, want to tell you far too much about their sex lives, and they're never people you want to imagine having sex.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
expectation:

reality:

(i'm sure she's a nice lady, my point is purely fascinator-based and the failure of a fascinator in real-life scenarios as opposed to fashion mags and on stupidly wealthy people. in a way she is the primary victim here because a very wrong subset of humanity convinced her that fascinators look good.)

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
that first photo with the fascinator doesn't look good either, what the hell.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's as good as they get :ohdear:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I could probably slap together a hilarious fascinator with stuff I have laying around the house. It would amuse me, and I'd probably have fun putting it together, but I'd have the good sense not to go outside or leave photographic evidence

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I did not know what a fascinator was until just now. True story.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gravitee posted:

I did not know what a fascinator was until just now. True story.

I'm sorry you lost your innocence.

Seriously though, they're another of those catwalk fashions that really needs to stay there, it's just not meant for the world outside high fashion

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
I feel like Dita can pull them off but she really commits to the whole look:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Certain ones are acceptable on brides.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

t_violet posted:

I feel like Dita can pull them off but she really commits to the whole look:

It's like a satellite orbiting her head.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bag of Hamsters posted:

My sister is married and going to have her first, so I don't get the "you have to carry on the line!" anymore.

...if I hadn't already reacted to every marriage inquiry with a loud and happy discussion about my abortion.

I took my wife's last name because my bio dad is a wife beating douchebag. I kinda forget to tell people before the wedding and had my name announced as my new wife's name. Confusion reigned.

Her family was really surprised and pleased because they don't have men in this generation and they did more for me than my rear end in a top hat ever did.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Her very own solar system :3:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I could probably slap together a hilarious fascinator with stuff I have laying around the house. It would amuse me, and I'd probably have fun putting it together, but I'd have the good sense not to go outside or leave photographic evidence

I'm pretty sure this is what people do when they make fascinators to sell on Etsy for hilariously over the top prices

e: how is this a good mannequin to model anything

\/\/\/ yeah that legit looks awesome but it'd be silly to see on someone normally \/\/\/

Portals fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 23, 2013

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Chiba City Blues posted:

Her very own solar system :3:

A sexy solar system!

:allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She can wear it, she's a famous hot person who has people to check and make sure it's okay

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Dita looks ridic beautiful but she'd still get a :raise: from me as a normal person in public outside of the fanciest of themed balls

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Combating gato pics w doggy one. Linked cuz phone I dunno if it's huge

http://imgur.com/riKeC49

This dog has some will Smith looking ears

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Booya! :coffee:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Donkay NOoo posted:

Combating gato pics w doggy one. Linked cuz phone I dunno if it's huge

http://imgur.com/riKeC49

This dog has some will Smith looking ears

Wanna pet that dogge

Shush
May 1, 2010
Hey fellow ladies I heard you like animals. Putting tiny dogs in sweaters seems like a girl thing to do.

She doesn't hold still very well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is that a waffle did you give your dog a waffle

Shush
May 1, 2010
It's a little rawhide shaped waffle, are waffles bad for dogs???

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Ladies what is the best advice for us Goon pick up artists, besides a more expensive fedora?

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
i really considered getting a sweater for my cat this year, but she's a spry bitch and would cut me if i tried. i mean, she looks like a little fatty ding dong, but nope - mostly muscle.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZHamburglar posted:

Ladies what is the best advice for us Goon pick up artists, besides a more expensive fedora?
im not a ladygoon but i hear amputations are really popular atm

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

ZHamburglar posted:

If you're not pointing at the door at least twenty times you're doing it wrong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obligatory Toast posted:

i really considered getting a sweater for my cat this year, but she's a spy bitch and would cut me if i tried. i mean, she looks like a little fatty ding dong, but nope - mostly muscle.

Awwww, she looks like my brother's kitty :3:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
liked your post better when it said "spy bitch" like your cat is M16

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
in order to get an ins with the ladies as a pua, you have to cut your balls off. we can smell testosterone and it just triggers a fight or flight response in us.

Pick posted:

she kind of is like one. she likes to hide off in places when we have guests over. so she can watch them.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

How do you know your's isn't?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Here is my kitty! I woke her up on accident while going to take a photo of a surprise gift someone sent me (to post in a public thank you message), so I left her in the shot. She's half cuddlebug and half pointy razors.

ZHamburglar posted:

Buy them cheap corsets and fascinators.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

How do you know yours isn't?

he's 2 sweet :3:

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Edit: drat phone

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
i once had a cat that was 2 fat 2 furrious.

im sorry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
back home we have the worst cat ever... I love her but she is seriously, seriously bad

my mom rescued her from some train tracks but that cat ain't never been right

it hisses and spits and yeowls and wants exactly four pats, no more or it will bite the christ out of you, it wants to sit near the tub but if you move it will scratch your face, it has hosed up all the banisters, it gets hair in endless places, it will walk up to the keyboard and bite your hands, it will hide and scratch your ankles as you walk by, it will run up to houseguests and bite their ankles, seriously the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

Here is my kitty! I woke her up on accident while going to take a photo of a surprise gift someone sent me (to post in a public thank you message), so I left her in the shot. She's half cuddlebug and half pointy razors.

I love cats that are basically huge fuzzy voids with eyes

• Locked thread