Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
She was at the door again

*THUD* *THUD *THUD
GODDAMNIT IT CHRIST, STOP DRAWING CAT COCK, AND COME PLAY WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!

She didn't understand. She couldn't understand. I can't stop until it is perfectperfect I can never stop

Daddy? Daddy, I'll wear the otter hat! You can call me Phillipe! Just..come out. Please? I miss my daddy.

so many distractions....but no matter. soon I will be finished and then...I can finally be freefreeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'd like to suggest "YOU ARE ASININE!"

More Later
Mar 31, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

*THUD* *THUD *THUD

She didn't understand. She couldn't understand. I can't stop until it is perfectperfect I can never stop

Daddy? Daddy, I'll wear the otter hat! You can call me Phillipe! Just..come out. Please? I miss my daddy.

so many distractions....but no matter. soon I will be finished and then...I can finally be freefreeeeee

woah

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Chris Onstad pauses briefly. A distraction. He hasn't seen what the goons are saying about the strip since he managed to start a weekly update schedule. What are they saying?

Probably nothing good. Don't check. Don't.

But he does anyway.

Johnny Aztec posted:

*THUD* *THUD *THUD

He should not have checked.

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
New Achewood Friday, be sure to neglect your entire life while you frantically refresh a webcomic about cats and depression.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

satan!!! posted:

New Achewood Friday, be sure to neglect your entire life while you frantically refresh a webcomic about cats and depression.

"New, Vlad-powered strip Friday PM."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:love: Vlad

Hopefully there are some good makeouts.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

satan!!! posted:

New Achewood Friday, be sure to neglect your wife while you frantically draw a webcomic about cat cocks and depression.

No, but really I'm just ragging a bit on Onstad. Achewood is really great.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Fillerbunny posted:

ATTENTION MOBILE DEVICE USERS

I made a thing. It's not the greatest thing, but it was a weekend project that spilled a little into this week.

Mobile Achewood

If you want to donate quotes for the loading widget, feel free.

This is awesome. You rock.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Satorr posted:

This is awesome. You rock.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I neglected to mention earlier that I've come up with a solution for the two proposed changes, I just need to implement them. Perhaps sometime tonight? No one knows for sure!

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 22, 2013

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

withak posted:

:love: Vlad

Hopefully there are some good makeouts.

Is always good makeouts with Vlad, baby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dodgeball posted:

Is always good makeouts with Vlad, baby.

Vlad picks, from petal to petal, until you are nudest you are ever being.

Until you are so nude.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
:snoop: HELLO MOBILE USERS :snoop:

I fixed up the mobile page and made those changes that were requested on the previous page, along with some of the quotes.

I hope you like it.

http://achewood.totesrad.com

SSDDR
Aug 3, 2004

I don't know if I can handle this, y'know?
Grimey Drawer

Fillerbunny posted:

I fixed up the mobile page and made those changes that were requested on the previous page, along with some of the quotes.

I hope you like it.

Seems solid. Thanks for the quality work on this! Time to read through the whole thing again...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm still stuck at waiting for query.yahooapis.com

May your weekend be free of the hand of Dixie.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

A Violence Gang posted:

I'm still stuck at waiting for query.yahooapis.com

May your weekend be free of the hand of Dixie.

If that happens, keep trying. The Yahoo API hasn't always been super responsive for me, but it's necessary for what I'm trying to accomplish.

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
I tried for 15 minutes on ohnorobot, and I can't find the strip where Vlad and Teodor are on Vlad's radio show, and Vlad has some quote like 'I am registerink patent in millenium you spend speaking of ...'. Is that too vague? I'm freaking out.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

satan!!! posted:

I tried for 15 minutes on ohnorobot, and I can't find the strip where Vlad and Teodor are on Vlad's radio show, and Vlad has some quote like 'I am registerink patent in millenium you spend speaking of ...'. Is that too vague? I'm freaking out.

Bfeh! You are failed by marketplace.

I ended up searching for "Disney" because I remembered Vlad doing his show on the pretext that Onstad went to Disneyland. Perhaps too much of my brain is dedicated to Achewood.

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
Hah, I knew it was some reason like that. Thanks a bunch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
:siren:New Comic Up:siren:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

:siren: New strip is up! :siren:

Vlad and Teodor have strong opinions about puberty.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Yeesh, Chris has really lost control of Vlad's voice. He's gone from vaguely rustic yet cosmopolitan eastern European to full blown Borat. I did like Feodor's responses though.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
So Rolling Stone recently interviewed Charles Manson. A choice excerpt..

quote:

What violence?" he says, speaking louder. Then the subject turns from knives to guns. "What's violent about pulling your finger across the trigger? There's no violence. It's just a person there and you move your finger and they're gone. What's violent about that?

Wonder if he likes basketball?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daktar posted:

Yeesh, Chris has really lost control of Vlad's voice. He's gone from vaguely rustic yet cosmopolitan eastern European to full blown Borat. I did like Feodor's responses though.

I just imagined Teodor as noted MMA face eraser Fedor Emilianeko. Made even funnier by Teodor's comment about really really needing to hit something. Thanks for the laugh.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Fillerbunny posted:

I hope you like it.

Thanks to this, I'm now able to read the new comic AND see the alt-text without having to get out of my bed in the morning. That's totally raw. You're a real hero style dude, you know that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Daktar posted:

I didn't mind it. The Connie arc had him doing whatever the hell with the antler and such and it was one of my favourite Vlad appearances.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, that English sounds a little too broken even for Vlad. I'll admit that "fragile pudding of baby" made me chuckle, though.

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
Not to mention that Phillipe is and always will be 5. But I can relate to Puberty being like letting a plum rot in a jar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Paramemetic posted:

Thanks to this, I'm now able to read the new comic AND see the alt-text without having to get out of my bed in the morning. That's totally raw. You're a real hero style dude, you know that?

So you have ambition of tick on coma victim?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ProfZoom posted:

So Rolling Stone recently interviewed Charles Manson. A choice excerpt..

Wonder if he likes basketball?

Real talk though, it's disgusting they did this interview. There's nothing to be gained from putting him on display except giving him the audience he craves. /soap box

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

ryonguy posted:

Real talk though, it's disgusting they did this interview. There's nothing to be gained from putting him on display except giving him the audience he craves. /soap box

Yeha, he's kind of been on a media tour. There was a thing that he is engaged to a 25 year old, or something like that?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

ryonguy posted:

Ahahaha, this is amazing you beautiful bastard.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

The new Vlad comic is an excellent distillation of what Achewood is about: the flailing about through life of the American male deprived of a rite of passage into adulthood. It's going on my list of 'Achewoods that explain Achewood'.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

ryonguy posted:

You're talking about the same magazine that put the Boston Marathon bomber on its cover. They want to be edgy, but we've been in the bottom of the gutter so long that they're just another pig wallowing in depravity.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ryonguy posted:

What he's saying there is similar to what they told Japanese soldiers in WWII, something like "you are not killing someone, you are merely observing how you pull the trigger, the bullet exits your rifle and travels through another man's body", it's based on Zen detachment stuff that was very popular in the 60s - too bad it's also easily used to enact cruelty.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Vlad's been getting progressively more 'ethnic' as time's gone by. He was already pretty boraty before the Great Hiatus. What with that pile of stuff he made for connie and his girlfriend to mack on/around.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm convinced at this point that most complaints about characters "losing their voice" are due to people having faulty memory:

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 26, 2013

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Fallom posted:

I'm convinced at that point that most complaints about characters "losing their voice" are due to people having faulty memory:

I think you're right.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Vlad is not Lie Bot and Lie Bot is not Vlad. They've moved past the point of being irritated when people make that mistake, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You're paying attention to the wrong character.