Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Elfface posted:

Heroic Roma/Gypsie/Traveller/ What about... The Nomad!

And was Claremont responsible for the quicksilver/Scarlet Witch hookup? Because they didn't even have the excuse of being not blood-relations...

That was only Ultimate Pietro and Wanda, and it was...well, Mark Millar implied it a lot, but then Jeph Loeb came out and yelled "THESE TWO ARE loving. THEY ARE BROTHER AND SISTER, AND THEY ARE loving. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT IT YOU'RE A BIGOT," using the Wasp as his mouthpiece for this for some reason. There's literally a scene where Captain America realizes they are banging, and Wasp tells him that he needs to get with the times and stop being an old man, cause incest is the bees knees nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

TheJoker138 posted:

That was only Ultimate Pietro and Wanda, and it was...well, Mark Millar implied it a lot, but then Jeph Loeb came out and yelled "THESE TWO ARE loving. THEY ARE BROTHER AND SISTER, AND THEY ARE loving. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT IT YOU'RE A BIGOT," using the Wasp as his mouthpiece for this for some reason. There's literally a scene where Captain America realizes they are banging, and Wasp tells him that he needs to get with the times and stop being an old man, cause incest is the bees knees nowadays.

Exhibit A in evidence of this:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

NYC Cops are a special kind of dick. Spidey looks so incredibly pissed by it in that last panel. It's perfect.

It's not only perfect, it'd be a great avatar.

Also, the cop wanted to give Spidey a ticket because Spidey would have to sign his copy of it, then he could sell the ticket for cash.

TheJoker138 posted:

When 'spergers become comic writers, news at 11.

That being said, it somehow bothers me less than the granddaddy of all "what the gently caress was the writer thinking" situations like the Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers snafu: http://carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 22, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's not only perfect, it'd be a great avatar.

Also, the cop wanted to give Spidey a ticket because Spidey would have to sign his copy of it, then he could sell the ticket for cash.

When 'spergers become comic writers, news at 11.

That being said, it somehow bothers me less than the granddaddy of all "what the gently caress was the writer thinking" situations like the Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers snafu: http://carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/

That one is amazing since it has Claremont going wait a minute that is hosed up. Did you even think of the implications?

Madman Comics 1

(Do not worry the Beatnicks later become the Superhero team The Atomics.)

Later I will have to post some of the Madman Twister game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From Uncanny X-men #493:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Now i know.

What question really didn't need an answer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I know it was supposed to be a joke.

But that was still weird and a bit unsettling.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elfface posted:

Heroic Roma/Gypsie/Traveller/ What about... The Nomad!

And was Claremont responsible for the quicksilver/Scarlet Witch hookup? Because they didn't even have the excuse of being not blood-relations...

Pretty sure neither Steve Rogers nor Jack Monroe are gypsies

CharlestheHammer posted:

Reed, Bendis and Fraction are the only ones who get the joke, which is what makes it weird and uncomfortable.
Yost and Sumerack aren't terrible either.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 23, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'd say Queseda got the joke too. He just chose to instead go with the "Squirrel Girl always wins without explanation" joke instead.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I really hope Frank Cho said that with the most deadpan look on his face.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Choco1980 posted:

I'd say Queseda got the joke too. He just chose to instead go with the "Squirrel Girl always wins without explanation" joke instead.

Yeah, I forgot Quesada somehow. Actually going back over it the only creepy ones are JMS, Cebluski, Cho and Kyle. And depending on delivery, Kyle and Cho could be jokes.

Actually, I don't blame any of the writers for answering a question they were asked, but the idea of asking and publishing the drat thing is really stupid and weird.

Christmas Jones
Apr 12, 2007

nuklear fizzicist

bobkatt013 posted:

That one is amazing since it has Claremont going wait a minute that is hosed up. Did you even think of the implications?

Yup. For all the ribbing Claremont gets, sometimes it's better to have a perv with boundaries than a bunch of jerks who don't think about or care what they're doing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Kalli posted:

From Uncanny X-men #493:

I'm mostly surprised that it's the lone woman they asked who pegs the "you put too much thought into this" needle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Soonmot posted:

That entire scene from Sex Criminals 3 should be posted. Basically, they wanted to do karoke with Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls, but couldn't secure the rights in time, so the entire song is "censored" with Fraction's post it notes.

Also, the recap page needs to be here, that got an actual lol from me.

I appreciate the fact they went to press with a joke about being banned by iTunes about a week or two before they were banned by Apple.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

CapnAndy posted:

I'm mostly surprised that it's the lone woman they asked who pegs the "you put too much thought into this" needle.

Not sure there was a lot of thought in that, every girl of a certain age has a thing for Gambit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

She's over explaining, not over thinking.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Fraction's answer owns.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Fraction never does anything by half measures.

As it were.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Christmas Jones posted:

Yup. For all the ribbing Claremont gets, sometimes it's better to have a perv with boundaries than a bunch of jerks who don't think about or care what they're doing.

Hahaha yeah, Claremont has got a lot of flak he done a lot of good stories when he keeps the fetish content down and is actually one of the first feminist/feminist-friendly writers at Marvel.

poo poo, if you think about it, he might be the reincarnation of William Moulton Marsh (who died 3 years before Claremont was born)!

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Marc Sumerak is every poster in reality.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm just trying to imagine the funny stories Galactus would tell Fraction on a date.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm just trying to imagine the funny stories Galactus would tell Fraction on a date.

60% of it would be bitching about Reed and the F4, the rest would be just typical "reality is beyond your scope" and it would end with an awkward moment in which Fraction insists on paying for the planet Galactus had for dinner while Galactus tries to explain how he doesn't really pay for things.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Kyle is seriously creeping me out.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

60% of it would be bitching about Reed and the F4, the rest would be just typical "reality is beyond your scope" and it would end with an awkward moment in which Fraction insists on paying for the planet Galactus had for dinner while Galactus tries to explain how he doesn't really pay for things.

I dunno. You could ask him about what he remembers of the old universe.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure neither Steve Rogers nor Jack Monroe are gypsies

Reed, Bendis and Fraction are the only ones who get the joke, which is what makes it weird and uncomfortable.
Yost and Sumerack aren't terrible either.

Van Lente's got to be joking too, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SilverSupernova posted:

"So I'm on some planet and these guys are just like 'Nooo, please don't eat us!' and I start saying poo poo like "Nay, the decision is made! So says Galactus!' I'm telling you, me and Norrin could hardly keep our faces straight. Pfft, who talks like that?"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Van Lente's got to be joking too, right?

No, I'm pretty sure he's a necrophiliac. We should start a campaign to get him fired from his job, because it's inconceivable that any right-thinking person would joke about that.

The previous statement was intended as sarcasm, and the author apologizes if anyone misconstrued it. Thank you for your support.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He could've made the same statement about Jean Grey! :haw:

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

prefect posted:

No, I'm pretty sure he's a necrophiliac. We should start a campaign to get him fired from his job, because it's inconceivable that any right-thinking person would joke about that.

The previous statement was intended as sarcasm, and the author apologizes if anyone misconstrued it. Thank you for your support.

It's not necrophilia if they're both dead, you bigot :colbert:

Ghost Rider #31

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
The "Previously..." summary page in Fraction and Zdarsky's Sex Criminals #3.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

In case people missed it, there's a second one of these now.

Source

Thanos' "Here we go" when Darkseid starts talking about The Wire is great.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Thanos liking Two and a Half Men is perfect. It really does make one appreciate the end of things.

Jacquismo
Dec 1, 2003
~~HEY GUYS I'M ON THE RHINOCEROS I MEAN INTERNET~~
Man, I had just about forgotten that the Headmen ever existed...

Also, somebody made this for some reason: http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1477059

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man, I thought I was going insane and imagined up a fictional supervillain with a sphere for a head, but there you go.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madrox posted:

The "Previously..." summary page in Fraction and Zdarsky's Sex Criminals #3.

Is it supposed to be cut off?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Die Laughing posted:

Is it supposed to be cut off?
I believe that's part of the joke.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Oh man, I thought I was going insane and imagined up a fictional supervillain with a sphere for a head, but there you go.

Ruby Thursday is the weirdest loving character. That must've been the height of the "let's do tons of drugs and come up with new dudes" era.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, I'm going to cut my head off and replace it with an organic supercomputer. That also shapeshifts. Also a skimpy costume because gently caress YOU.

(no clue on the source)

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 24, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Ruby Tuesday was the one that wanted to replace everyone's head so that people would be less superficial, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Most" of her is attractive? What a jerk thing to say. No wonder he's a villain.

I wonder if the gorilla guy really envies Ruby Thursday. Having a head that can shoot lasers and grow arms is probably better than having a normal head with a gorilla body.

• Locked thread